Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transformers : Which series do you prefer?

jen' jari iv tave sith Darth Revan's Avatar

Transformers : Which series do you prefer?

Greetings.

Well, what made me write this thread, is the fact that I've been writing a Transformers, Generation 1 Fanfic, and I've gotten back into Transformers.

Now, there's been quite a few different Transformers series available, from the classic (and best in my opinion) Generation 1 to Generation 2 to Beast Wars to Beast Machines to Robots in Disguise to Armada. I'm not knocking the other series, and, hang on, guess I am. I mean, I'm a traditional Transformers fan, and I remember Optimus Prime as a truck/trailer and Megatron as a Walter P53 Handgun/Sniper rifle. NOT the Optimus Prime who is a fire engine, a Gorilla or whatever. Same with Megatron, A Tyrannosaurus Rex (Only ONE Transformers was a T-Rex, and that's GRIMLOCK, Leader of the Dinobots subgroup of the Autobots.), A Dragon, etc, etc.

The Original/Generation 1 era of Transformers was brilliant, at least it was to me. It was within that period, that the Transformers Movie was released way back in 86, and introduced new Autobots and Decepticons, as well as new leaders for both groups. The Autobots had Rodimus Prime (Reformatted by the Matrix, within the planet devourer Unicron, from Hot Rod.) and the Decepticon had Galvatron (Reformatted from Megatron by Unicron.).

Add in, the amount of times Optimus Prime returned from the dead, as well as all the top voice actors, and the original/Generation 1 series of Transformers was and is still excellent. While not on the level of some anime nowadays, it still has a certain charm to it.

Oh, and Transformers was originally Japanese. Optimus Prime was originally called Convoy. What a cheesy name, yes? The reason I say that, is because I had a fight with someone over it. **sigh**

What's your favourite Transformers series and why?

The Code of the Sith
    Nw l kash zo tash antai kash tik sh sot.
    Pro sh sot nu gauti ty k
    Pro ty k nu gauti midwan
    Pro midwan nu gauti pergaleas
    Pro pergaleas nuyak aras svistuis
    Tave qy sik sekleti won nun

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Robots in Disguise was the best,

Optimus Prime as a fire engine i though was stupid because he should always be a truck

your skin looks so warm TeknoBlade's Avatar
    I LUBBED Beast Machines. It was 3D, fast paced, contained kick-ass trance music, lots of explosions, and it had a rat/hotrod.
    Old guys naked [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

X Gon' Give It To Ya Green Arrow's Avatar
    GO TRANSFORMERS!!!!!! yeah, wooo, my fav all-time cartoon series ever. I grew up with Gen1, the best series of transformers. My fav was always Sound Wave, however I had a few other favourites.

So it wasn't just me that didn't like Optimus as a firetruck, I remember watching 1 episode of them ones and go "ahh no" and just stopped watching it period.

Don't really like Beast Wars either, coz of the whole 3D look, I hate 3D cartoons.

But Transformers rocked, they recently released the movie down here in Australia on DVD which I bought of course. That movie also has an awesome 80's soundtrack with Stan Bush doing most of the songs.

PS. Keep the transformers talk going... All they need it to re-release the original figures/toys and I will be a happy camper.

See to live is to suffer but to survive
    well that's to find meaning in the suffering.

...why be a slave in Heaven, when you can be a star in Hell...

Founder and owner of The Sports Bar
    Current Members: 1

Pending Member of Transformers Club
    Current Members: n/a

Grand Shriner
    Heh, a Transfan topic in FFShrine, who would have thought it ;P

If anyone takes a good look at my name they'll realise I like Beast Wars The original TFs, were my fav cartoon as a kid (I had as many of the toys as I could afford, which wasn't much, but I loved them). Years after I saw Beast Wars, and either thought I was looking at the most obvious clone of TFs ever, or else a sequel type thing.

All in all, I like the original series and BW equally, both were good, and though a lot of TF fans shun anything that isn't their old TFs (BW is the only TF series since that I've really liked or been able to tollerate, so I can't talk...) BW had some really well written scripts in it, and most of the characters got some air time, there weren't quite so many of them... So if you picked a slightly obscure char as a favourite you had a good chance of seeing them for longer than five seconds and in more than 3 episodes in the whole series ( and with the original series, that was if you were lucky).

Oh, and Optimus PRIMAL (Gorlilla) was never meant to be Optimus Prime, (unlike those in RID) He was a different char in his own right, (Megatron was too, but with the same name as the original, he mentions the original Megs, {plus you get to see an image of him} as his namesake, he's not claiming to be the original one.) And I for one, (though I dearly miss the seekers), found it cool having animal TFs, because, aside from Starscream and Soundwave, my favourite char was Ravage (who appears in BW ), and I also really liked the Dinobots

Incidentally, they are re-releasing the original toys in most countries now, as a special edition thing, don't know about Australia though, UK and the US already have them...Mind you, they cost... but TF's always did.

I almost forgot.....

DECEPTICONS FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I'm done

*rolls out*

Greetings.

I just got Ultra Magnus, Generation 1 figure today. Happy about that. I got Starscream yesterday, and I'm planning to get the greatest Autobot of them all, OPTIMUS PRIME on Saturday. I don't know if Hasbro is going to release any more Generation 1 Transformer figures, as I heard only Optimus Prime, Ultra Magnus and Starscream were being released. I pray they release Megatron, and the others, particularly Shockwave and Jetfire.

Incidentally, a comic company by the name of Otter Press has released a Transformers Generation 1 comic. I purchased volume 2 yesterday as well, and it's very impressive.

X Gon' Give It To Ya Green Arrow's Avatar
    Gen1 figures hey, how much did you pay for these figures and where did you get them from?

I would love to pick some up, price isn't really a factor, but I ain't paying an obscene amount for them.

Greetings.

Green Arrow I got those figures from Toys 'R' Us. Starscream and Ultra Magnus retail $69.95 AUS, while Optimus Prime is $89.95 AUS.

I had a generation 2 Optimus Prime, which I was stupid enough to sell. Got $250 AUS for it, but it wasn't worth it. I should've kept it. **sigh**

Transforms and drives off.

Uhm, you don't have to post everytime someone else posts o_o

Uhmm, Anyway I liked Generation 1 and Beast wars the best. Generation one because it's a classic and it has the autobots and the decepticons plus that silent robot with his tapes :E
    And by far it's the best, although the graphics could use a little tune up around now :E
    Beast wars is my other favorite because Mainframe created it and I have a weak for mainframe. Not to mention the uber scheming ultra secret agenda having Megatron (The T-rex) which Imho fits the name better then a gun.

I'm a waste of space! =) Cygnus's Avatar
    Loved beast wars, it was absolutly great. however i got kinda pissed when they made that gay beast machines thing.... rat trap had no legs! Sad i be....
    I want to be yo lova....mmmmmm.

Yeah i loved beast wars also and didnt much get into beast machines

Greetings.

Well, I haven't posted in this thread for some time. Been busy with my Transformers Fanfic (There's a link to it, in The NEW writer's and book club), and I've also been busy with other things as well.

I've got some rumours to spill here, one's which I pray are true. Still, knowing how the comic industry and anime/cartoon industry is at the moment, I think they need some 'traditional' characters brought back. I mean, let's face it. Gen 1 Transformers (Including the monster planet, Unicron.) would, IN MY OPINION!!!, kick the Aramda and the RiD (Optimus as a Fire truck transformers), from here to Cybertron, to Nebulos and back again.

Rumour One : At the current moment in time, the biggest Transformers toy ever made, was Fortress Maximus, at just under 1 metre in height, with the ability to transform into multiple battle stations, as well as robot. And with the added bonus of being a Headmaster, he is a very impressive figure, yes? Apparently, a figure of Unicron, yep a figure of HIM, is being made. As soon as I find out more info, I'll post it here.

Rumour Two : Apparently, the Generation 1 Transformers, are set to make a big comeback. Not only with figures, comics and a series, but also another movie. Here's hoping it's true, yes?

I found these rumours, on another forum, which, knowing my luck, were probably posted as a joke, but the rumour about the Unicron figure, is actually the second time I've heard of it.

Exclamation ...

Generation 1, all the way.
    Although, even though it's a comic rather than an animation, 'Transformers: The War With-In' from DreamWave rules. The art is fantatsic, probably the best work I've ever seen in a comic, and the story is top notch (Set on Cybertron before the evacuation in G1). Includes everyone in original cyberton form, Optimus receiving the matrix and becoming the new prime and, best yet, Grimlock as a fuck-off trackless tank!

Get now!

- CeeJay -

I liked the old school version a lot better but the new eps are pretty cool in a sell out sorta way.

I grew up with beast wars, but i did prefer the armda, it provided a sence of realism,

Beast wars and Cybertron

Autobot protector! Skullgrin140's Avatar
    Difficult to say really, G1 really because thats by far the best.

Easy to say: Animated.

Beast Machines.
    "Personally, I prefer the tranquility of my personal retreat on Byss, which has many lake chains that are not unlike those on Naboo. I also believe in encouraging the growth and development of some life-forms, if only to enjoy the eventual pleasure of guiding them toward their deaths. The only negative aspect of Byss is a relatively small population and a certain lack of culture." - Palpatine

Reviving a six year old thread? Should've made a new one. Can a moderator please close this thread?

I always forget the title but it's the one where the kid transformrs with a bike and of course G1 throgh 3 if I am correct about three

Onion Kid
    G1 the series that started it all no contest...and as for why? IT STARTED IT ALL...nuff said...prime ain't no monkey....

Onion Kid
    Generation 1 is the classic, but it started to wain with age following the movie. The first season was enjoyable with some of my favorite episodes including "The Ultimate Doom" 3-parter. The second season is where it showed signs of becoming goofy and the third season went all out intergalactic with lots of aliens and an appearance from Cobra Commander.

In the modern age all of my love goes to Transformers Animated.

I prefer G1 cartoon and toy line best, then the live action franchise second, then Beast Wars. After that, not much of a big fan of the other series, as I felt they were all lesser/refried reboots of the original series (and I would've preferred if they BUILT on the original series rather than reboot it). Of course, I grew up on G1, so the younger fans will likely prefer the one they grew up with.

Shriner
    Well, Beast Wars kinda got the ball rolling for me (even after I recently realized its role as a G1 side-story, in a sense), and Armada (and its awesome version of the classic theme song) got me hooked years ago, but lately my favorite is, without question, Transformers: Prime - after all, when was the last time you heard a full orchestra providing the score for the televised epic throwdown between the Autobots & Decepticons? Just hearing Frank Welker's first line as Megatron after so long:

Megatron: DECEPTICONS! I have returned...

...Goosebumps