Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza) Original Soundtracks Collection (FLAC & MP3)

And pardon the double post and the amount of time it took, but it's ready at last (I've also updated 龍が如く極 with an additional package of Images from Official Websites & Steam's platform materials & Digital Deluxe contents):

JUDGE EYES ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK {EBCD-0118~0120}
    JUDGE EYES:死神の遺言 オリジナルサウンドトラック
    JUDGE EYES: Shinigami no Yuigon Original Soundtrack
    Judgment Original Soundtrack

([Hidden link. Register to see links.] included in download packages)

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

WAV & FLAC formats ripped via Exact Audio Copy. M4A format created by conversion from WAV files via dBpoweramp.
    Includes .log & .cue data as well as thorough tagging/metadata via dbpoweramp & foobar2000, along with a Full Staff Credits & Lyrics text file
    based on CD case credits & available information.

TRACKLIST
    Spoiler!

Visit [Hidden link. Register to see links.] for 龍が如く0 誓いの場所 オリジナルサウンドトラック Side A & Side B
    Visit [Hidden link. Register to see links.] for 龍が如く極 オリジナルサウンドトラック
    Last edited by Bizargh; 06-30-2019 at 01:20 AM.

Shriner
    Judgment (known as Judge Eyes in Japan) arrives on June 25th, 2019! If you get it digital, Judge Eyes/Judgment arrives on June 21st!

Shriner
    This is all I could find for Kiwami 2 Limited Edition (192k):

Would be grateful if anyone had this in better quality or even FLAC. First track is the short edit of Majima Construction Anthem.

I can now happily say that Ryu ga Gotoku Kiwami 2/Yakuza Kiwami 2 now has an in-game music extraction available, along with Ryu ga Gotoku Kiwami/Yakuza Kiwami for the PlayStation 4 (The PlayStation 3 version has been available for some time, but it looks like the PlayStation 4 version has more files):

- [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    - [Hidden link. Register to see links.] ("Kiwami" an ideal search term)

Zaptroxix has provided a WAV conversion for Kiwami 2 here: [Hidden link. Register to see links.], but I would recommend the prior links as they're in their native .HCA format & appear better organised & possibly more wholesome (Plus I have my queries on the use of the WAV format considering foobar2000 reads these files as "CRI HCA | 255kbps | 48000hz", while the WAV files read at "768kbps", but maybe that was a limitation of the conversion). But I nevertheless wanted to point it out for those looking for swift listening.

And to give you a headstart, "bbg_b_0000001D.hca" & "bbg_b_0000001E.hca" would be '[Hidden link. Register to see links.]', ""bbg_b_00000011.hca" & "bbg_b_00000012.hca" would be the game's '[Hidden link. Register to see links.]' (As also heard in Hokuto ga Gotoku/Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise) and "bbg_b_00000016.hca" & "bbg_b_00000017.hca" would be "[Hidden link. Register to see links.]", but generally it seems each battle theme has their loop-ends right beside them, so you shouldn't have too much trouble finding favourites.
    Last edited by Bizargh; 03-25-2019 at 12:38 PM.

Shriner
    ^I saw that and grabbed it quickly. UNfortunately, Zaptroxix confirmed my suspicions - the in-game rip is lossy, just like Yakuza 0.

Shriner
    Koshi Inaba - Receive You (Reborn) [Single Version]:

Shriner
    Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there a few unreleased tracks from Yakuza 5?

Your average music-loving nanotech raptor FinalGamer's Avatar
    I wonder if the HD rereleases of 3,4 and 5 will have better sound or remastered in some way.
    Last edited by FinalGamer; 04-16-2019 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Thought I found something but never mind, deleting
    A Metroid on the brain is worth two in the tube.

"Videogames are bad for you? That's what they said about rock and roll." - Shigeru Miyamoto, Gaming God

"Silence is also a sound." - Akira Yamaoka, Silent Hill Musician

I would assume that won't be the case and they'll stick to the .ADX format all titles from Kenzan! to Of The End/Dead Souls, which according to foobar2000 sport quality ranging 397kbps 44,100Hz & 432kbps 48,000hz, which typically are higher bit-rates than the .HCA files for Ishin! & onward. But small changes have been made to at least Ryu ga Gotoku 3 & 4 so far (Notably Tanimura's voice & likeness being replaced), so let nothing be ruled out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bizargh View Post
    龍が如く0 誓いの場所 オリジナルサウンドトラック Side A & Side B
    Ryu ga Gotoku Zero: Chikai no Basho Original Soundtrack Side A & Side B
    Like a Dragon: The Place of Oath Original Soundtrack Side A & Side B
    Yakuza 0 Original Soundtrack Side A & Side B

(Covers included in download packages)

Includes Images from the Official Website, along with the Yakuza 0 Steam Digital Deluxe Edition Content
    (Such as Wallpapers up to 3840x2160 & the Digital Comic) & Platform Materials

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] (by [Hidden link. Register to see links.])
    Includes all selected tracks provided by [Hidden link. Register to see links.]from in-game data,
    with corrected artist information when available & additional text files

SIDE A

SIDE B

All formats as provided by OTOTOY ([Hidden link. Register to see links.] & [Hidden link. Register to see links.]). FLAC & M4A have had extra tags/metadata added via dBpoweramp to include performers, lyricists and/or composers undisclosed by the soundtrack release (Sourced from in-game credits, in-game splash screens or other official material). WAV has limited tags/metadata due to the format's disagreement with 日本語 characters. Includes text files with official lyrics along with staff credits in both English/Rōmaji & 日本語.

The full Official Soundtrack remains available from such distributors as iTunes & Amazon Japan, with OTOTOY (International, Region-Locked albums by-passable by VPN), mora.jp (Region Locked, potentially by-passable by VPN, Japanese Bank/Credit/Currency-Card required) & E-Onkyo (Region Locked, VPN ineffective) providing 24bit lossless options (This guide can assist in making digital music purchases for Region-Locked albums or sites: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]). Please consider supporting the official releases if possible.

Spoiler!

Visit [Hidden link. Register to see links.] for JUDGE EYES:死神の遺言 オリジナルサウンドトラック
    Hey first of all thanks for sharing this along with Judge eyes! Are those also available as mp3? Thanks in advance!
    Check out my VGM Videos

Random news for any CDJapan customers, they've got copies of JUDGE EYES: Shinigami no Yuigon Original Soundtrack as a Proxy Item on sale if you're seeking a CD copy for yourself: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Quote Originally Posted by Densuke View Post
    Hey first of all thanks for sharing this along with Judge eyes! Are those also available as mp3? Thanks in advance!
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] of iTunes M4A & MP3 might serve your needs. Otherwise, I can point you to [Hidden link. Register to see links.] for JUDGE EYES: Shinigami no Yuigon Original Soundtrack in MP3 by [Hidden link. Register to see links.] (Lacking metadata though).

Otherwise, I can only recommend converting the music I've provided into MP3 yourself (dbPoweramp is one such program, albeit not free that can quickly convert multiple files into another format, but Audacity's one such free tool that can convert a track one at a time).
    Last edited by Bizargh; 04-19-2019 at 07:42 PM.

My actions are utterly pure! PrinceHeir's Avatar
    And pardon the double post and the amount of time it took, but it's ready at last (I've also updated 龍が如く極 with an additional package of Images from Official Websites & Steam's platform materials & Digital Deluxe contents):

JUDGE EYES ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK {EBCD-0118~0120}
    JUDGE EYES:死神の遺言 オリジナルサウンドトラック
    JUDGE EYES: Shinigami no Yuigon Original Soundtrack
    Judgment Original Soundtrack

([Hidden link. Register to see links.] included in download packages)

WAV & FLAC formats format ripped via Exact Audio Copy. M4A format created by conversion from WAV files via dBpoweramp.
    Includes .log & .cue data as well as thorough tagging/metadata via dbpoweramp & foobar2000, along with a Full Staff Credits & Lyrics text file
    based on CD case credits & available information.

TRACKLIST
    Spoiler!

Visit [Hidden link. Register to see links.] for 龍が如く0 誓いの場所 オリジナルサウンドトラック Side A & Side B
    Thank You For Judge Eyes FLAC OST!!!!

Hi, everyone. I have been looking for a lossless FLAC version of Ryu ga Gotoku Zero 80's Hits! Collection [Limited Edition] [Hidden link. Register to see links.]. It has been uploaded on lossy quality before.

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by thtghstblk View Post
    Hi, everyone. I have been looking for a lossless FLAC version of Ryu ga Gotoku Zero 80's Hits! Collection [Limited Edition] [Hidden link. Register to see links.]. It has been uploaded on lossy quality before.
    Ninjy has a link for all the Ryu ga Gotoku soundtracks they uploaded. Go to page 17 if you don't wanna search page upon page.

Quote Originally Posted by CC/Rukia237 View Post
    Ninjy has a link for all the Ryu ga Gotoku soundtracks they uploaded. Go to page 17 if you don't wanna search page upon page.
    Yes, I checked his collection on MEGA, he has the album in lossy mp3 quality. I was hoping someone had it in lossless quality.

Shriner
    Although it was a very thorough 3-disc CD release, I'm going to assume some of it didn't make it. Much of what gets omitted are Sub-Story or Exploration-related themes & stingers (Although these can be often re-used across the series), and this has largely occurred across the series.

If you go here and search "Yakuza 6", you will be able to find an in-game music extraction from the game that hopefully has what you're after (Hokuto ga Gotoku/Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise is among them, but at least a couple of tracks are either missing or not included): [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Okay thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by thtghstblk View Post
    Here you go: [Hidden link. Register to see links.] | Self-Rip, FLAC, CUE, LOG

Shriner
    ^Thank you! Hope someone gets a FLAC of Kiwami 2 Limited Edition soundtrack and the Kiryu/Majima Karaoke collections!

Onion Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by bssg View Post
    Here you go: [Hidden link. Register to see links.] | Self-Rip, FLAC, CUE, LOG
    Thanks a lot, been looking for lossless for a long time

Grand Shriner
    I've never heard of these games or the soundtracks. Would somebody give me an idea where to start?

Quote Originally Posted by Firestars004 View Post
    I've never heard of these games or the soundtracks. Would somebody give me an idea where to start?
    龍が如く (Ryu ga Gotoku/Like a Dragon), or better known internationally as Yakuza, is a domestically-oriented game series by in-house SEGA developer Amusement Vision (Who developed such games as F-Zero AX/GX & Super Monkey Ball), nowadays Ryu ga Gotoku Studio, that can best be summarised as "A Japanese Crime Drama, a 3D brawler and a light-JRPG all coming together". If you want something more concise (Even for how lengthy it is), [Hidden link. Register to see links.] by HyperBitHero is a very good way to get a grip on what this series is (At least it was for me as someone who really never found an ideal explanation for this series despite catching word on it for years), but bear in mind this particular one was made before Ryu ga Gotoku Zero: Chikai no Basho was localised as Yakuza 0 (He has separate follow-ups on Yakuza 0 & Yakuza Kiwami, when SEGA got really enthusiastic about localising the series again).

As for getting into the series, while many would recommend going back to the PlayStation 2 originals, they come with their drawbacks (Yakuza's poorly written & directed English dub a chief example) and the much improved PlayStation 3 & Wii U HD Collection that ironed out a lot of technical drawbacks from the original PS2 releases was never localised for English. So many others would recommend picking up Yakuza 0 & Yakuza Kiwami on PS4 (Especially as the PlayStation 3 titles are getting enhanced re-releases there & many do hope to see them release internationally in the future) or PC (Yakuza 0, Yakuza Kiwami & Yakuza Kiwami 2 have so far arrived, but Kiwami 2 looks to be quite demanding on hardware) as a starting point.
    Though there are outliers such as the spin-off titles Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan! (Like a Dragon Arrives!) & Ryu ga Gotoku Ishin! (Like a Dragon Restoration) remain unlikely to see international release, with the former only on PlayStation 3 along with Ryu ga Gotoku OF THE END (Yakuza Dead Souls), which the aforementioned HyperBitHero explores.

As for music, there really is no weak link in the series as far as I'm concerned (Perhaps Kiwami & Kiwami 2 for their hit or miss remixes, but even they stand strong on their original music nonetheless). The PlayStation 2 originals lay down some timelessly enjoyable themes ('[Hidden link. Register to see links.]', '[Hidden link. Register to see links.]' & series-signature theme '[Hidden link. Register to see links.]' just three enduring examples), and the series continues hitting hard as ever with it with their own styles or series-enduring-remixes. Unfortunately, much of them are domestic-CD-release only and can be very pricey to import, with digital-only releases all region-locked to Japan (And we remain without an official release for Hokuto ga Gotoku/Like a North Star/Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise nor a full one for Yakuza Kiwami 2), so collecting the music for the series isn't easy (The expensive nightmare I went through to acquire the mora.jp copy of Ryu ga Gotoku Kiwami's 24bit release).

As for what we've got here, [Hidden link. Register to see links.] is a very wholesome lossy collection (Even Ryu ga Gotoku 5's original iTunes release), I've got the 24bit releases of [Hidden link. Register to see links.] & [Hidden link. Register to see links.] along with a CD-Rip of [Hidden link. Register to see links.] (Going international as 'Judgment'), and [Hidden link. Register to see links.]/[Hidden link. Register to see links.] has in-game music data for just about every title.
    Last edited by Bizargh; 05-18-2019 at 07:59 PM.

Yakuza Zero > Yakuza Kiwami > Yakuza Kiwami 2 is the most newbie-friendly route. Although prequels in general tend to be hit or miss (usually miss), Zero is very good. Kiwami is a remake of the OG Yakuza, and Kiwami 2 is a remake of Yakuza 2. These 3 games are all available for PC via Steam.

Shriner
    I can't find the Majima Construction clan battle theme in the Yakuza Kiwami 2 rip. Any hints which song it is?

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

Unless you're really in the mood to go digging through the archives, the remakes are a perfectly good place to start. The only problem is... and it's not a huge problem, mind you, but Yakuza 0 is both the best and latest game in the series and also the best place to start. Only once you beat it and go into the remakes of 1 and 2, the drop in quality from a product refined over decades to the first attempts could not possibly be more shocking.

You absolutely should start with Yakuza 0 and then go into 1 Kiwami and 2 Kiwami. It just works from that angle. 1 Kiwami includes too much of 0 to be a good first starting point. They're all fine games and worth playing, but 0 is just top tier.

Grand Shriner
    Thanks you all for the information. Watched the youtube documentary on the game series which was very cool. Going to be checking it out.

Shriner
    Hey Bizargh and any other Yakuza fans that could help:

Has the PC audio format for Kiwami 2 been made rippable? I'm hoping to make a custom version for myself if the tools exist.