Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza) Original Soundtracks Collection (FLAC & MP3)

Shriner
    Hey peeps. Haven't been back here for long. But does anyone know if Yakuza 6 has any music that didn't make it to the OST?

Quote Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
    Hey peeps. Haven't been back here for long. But does anyone know if Yakuza 6 has any music that didn't make it to the OST?
    Although it was a very thorough 3-disc CD release, I'm going to assume some of it didn't make it. Much of what gets omitted are Sub-Story or Exploration-related themes & stingers (Although these can be often re-used across the series), and this has largely occurred across the series.

If you go here and search "Yakuza 6", you will be able to find an in-game music extraction from the game that hopefully has what you're after (Hokuto ga Gotoku/Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise is among them, but at least a couple of tracks are either missing or not included): [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Last edited by Bizargh; 02-07-2019 at 08:02 PM.

Banned
    Alright, Yakuza fans. I want to rip the PC English version of Yak Zero and eventually Kiwami when in two weeks. Does anyone know or have the tools to crack SEGA's CPK format?

EDIT: I can say I am making progress on identifying the rest of the artists for JUDGE EYES Original Soundtrack, and it looks like I can even get the text-form lyrics for [Hidden link. Register to see links.] (The comments have been rather helpful otherwise), but it still remains a devil of a job (I'm basically gathering symbols & searching for matching results whether I can find & verify them). I did give my scanner a try, but the results were awfully noisy and likely to produce illegible results for small text. I also managed to verify the large cover as official from this source: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]. I even managed to pick up on this from one of the composers as well: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

I know it's largely negligible information, but I just want to provide assurance I'm not simply sitting on my CD copy of JUDGE EYES Original Soundtrack.

Quote Originally Posted by NCFirebolt21 View Post
    Alright, Yakuza fans. I want to rip the PC English version of Yak Zero and eventually Kiwami when in two weeks. Does anyone know or have the tools to crack SEGA's CPK format?
    I unfortunately wouldn't know myself. But with the ease of model-swapping & existing PlayStation 4 modding scene (Steam practically had the original licensed tracks from the homeland release within the first day of release), there definitely has to be information on it.

Otherwise, the joshw.info archives do have the PC version's .HCA files extracted from the game:
    - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    - (Search "Yakuza" or "Gotoku" to find the whole franchise extractions): [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

I can't verify if it has anything missing like I can say Hokuto ga Gotoku/Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise does, but it's something I can give you at the very least.
    Last edited by Bizargh; 02-11-2019 at 02:51 AM.

Banned
    ^Thanks for that, Bizargh.

Anyway, does anyone have Yakuza Kiwami itunes soundtrack?

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

This is what I'm talking about, would love someone to share this!

^Thanks for that, Bizargh.

Anyway, does anyone have Yakuza Kiwami itunes soundtrack?

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

This is what I'm talking about, would love someone to share this!
    I can do much better than that: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    I am keen to include the [Hidden link. Register to see links.] for the Steam version once it releases, but these are just largely images & an introductory Digital Manga.

And for Yakuza 0 too (Steam Digital Deluxe Extras included): [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Last edited by Bizargh; 02-15-2019 at 09:22 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizargh View Post
    I can do much better than that: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    I am keen to include the [Hidden link. Register to see links.] for the Steam version once it releases, but these are just largely images & an introductory Digital Manga.

And for Yakuza 0 too (Steam Digital Deluxe Extras included): [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    I've got Kiwami pre-ordered on Steam, less than 48 hours to go!

Your average music-loving nanotech raptor FinalGamer's Avatar
    I'm genuinely amazed no one's been able to get a good rip of the entire OST of Kiwami 2 yet, like wow XD
    A Metroid on the brain is worth two in the tube.

"Videogames are bad for you? That's what they said about rock and roll." - Shigeru Miyamoto, Gaming God

"Silence is also a sound." - Akira Yamaoka, Silent Hill Musician

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalGamer View Post
    I'm genuinely amazed no one's been able to get a good rip of the entire OST of Kiwami 2 yet, like wow XD
    I second this statement.

Hello everyone,
    Just got a question about the OST available on this thread...
    Isn't there an chance to get a FLAC collection for the entire saga ?

Thank you

Banned
    Hey Bizargh, do you happen to have Bubble (from Yakuza 0) in 24kHz?

Quote Originally Posted by FinalGamer View Post
    I tried with Yakuza 6, the issue is that since Dragon Engine games, they are using new soundbank architecture, and it is really difficult to get anything.
    For example, all cutscenes audio is encoded with both music and voices on the same track.
    There is probably a way to get ambiant sounds but that's all.
    All the thing you can find on Youtube for example, are recorded audio with pause menu open, which is lowering a bit the sound and so is not as original.

Hey Bizargh, do you happen to have Bubble (from Yakuza 0) in 24kHz?
    I unfortunately don't believe one exists (mora.jp, OTOTOTY nor e-Onkyo.jp provide such option at least), nor do I have the official release for myself. It does remains very much available digitally (Lossy via mora.jp, iTunes JP or Recochoku) & physically (CD, TFCC-89533 & TFCC-89534, with it & 'Kurenai'/'紅' included in '~COME AGAIN~'/TFCC-86516).
    Last edited by Bizargh; 02-19-2019 at 12:00 AM.

Banned
    I unfortunately don't believe one exists (mora.jp, OTOTOTY nor e-Onkyo.jp provide such option at least), nor do I have the official release for myself. It does remains very much available digitally (Lossy via mora.jp, iTunes JP or Recochoku) & physically (CD, TFCC-89533 & TFCC-89534, with it & 'Kurenai'/'紅' included in '~COME AGAIN~'/TFCC-86516).
    Alright I should've requested just a lossless in general the first time. So you wouldn't happen it in any form of lossless? I live in Oz and we are region-blocked for most things :/
    Last edited by NCFirebolt21; 02-19-2019 at 12:26 AM.

Alright I should've requested just a lossless in general the first time. So you wouldn't happen it in any form of lossless? I live in Oz and we are region-blocked for most things :/
    I live in England, and the region blocks are largely present here as well (mora.jp only took my money after I used Tunnelbear specifically via Google Chrome & got JPN Currency Cards, e-Onkyo wasn't being fooled by Tunnelbear no matter which browser I used, meanwhile OTOTOY is international so only Tunnelbear was needed to send them my Paypal funds with the convenience of English & Franšais languages). In fact, I had to resort to an eBay seller (Looks like I found myself quite the proficient & kosher one too) to get myself JUDGE EYES Original Soundtrack CD (Along with NIOH & Ryu ga Gotoku 6's CDs) as I don't believe the language barrier was all I was having to get past with ebten.jp. It was worth asking nonetheless, but if a 24bit release for 'Bubble'/'バブル' or 'Kurenai'/'紅' exists, I'm not finding any providers.

Otherwise, I do not have a copy for myself. I'm afraid. If importing a CD isn't out of your bounds, I can certainly recommend that path as even Amazon International seems to offer imports for them with CD Japan & others still providing copies (I've got to make some major HDD replacements once I've got JUDGE EYES Original Soundtrack ready to go, so it'll be a long time before I'll be able to provide my present Ryu ga Gotoku CD collection, let-alone grow it).
    Last edited by Bizargh; 02-19-2019 at 12:50 PM.

Onion Kid
    Link of [Hidden link. Register to see links.] in the first post is dead, any chance for reupload?

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkV View Post
    Link of [Hidden link. Register to see links.] in the first post is dead, any chance for reupload?
    Ninjy has a link to all the Yakuza soundtracks, go to page 17 if you don't wanna search page upon page.

Onion Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by CC/Rukia237 View Post
    Ninjy has a link to all the Yakuza soundtracks, go to page 17 if you don't wanna search page upon page.
    Thanks a lot!

Banned
    I live in England, and the region blocks are largely present here as well (mora.jp only took my money after I used Tunnelbear specifically via Google Chrome & got JPN Currency Cards, e-Onkyo wasn't being fooled by Tunnelbear no matter which browser I used, meanwhile OTOTOY is international so only Tunnelbear was needed to send them my Paypal funds with the convenience of English & Franšais languages). In fact, I had to resort to an eBay seller (Looks like I found myself quite the proficient & kosher one too) to get myself JUDGE EYES Original Soundtrack CD (Along with NIOH & Ryu ga Gotoku 6's CDs) as I don't believe the language barrier was all I was having to get past with ebten.jp. It was worth asking nonetheless, but if a 24bit release for 'Bubble'/'バブル' or 'Kurenai'/'紅' exists, I'm not finding any providers.

Otherwise, I do not have a copy for myself. I'm afraid. If importing a CD isn't out of your bounds, I can certainly recommend that path as even Amazon International seems to offer imports for them with CD Japan & others still providing copies (I've got to make some major HDD replacements once I've got JUDGE EYES Original Soundtrack ready to go, so it'll be a long time before I'll be able to provide my present Ryu ga Gotoku CD collection, let-alone grow it).
    That sounds promising. Any word on gamerips for Kiwami and Kiwami 2? I'm obsessed with the Majima Construction Anthem which I can't believe was the PS4 launch trailer lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jensen21 View Post
    That sounds promising. Any word on gamerips for Kiwami and Kiwami 2? I'm obsessed with the Majima Construction Anthem which I can't believe was the PS4 launch trailer lol
    joshw.info/vgm.hcs64.com has music extractions from the PlayStation 3 release of Ryu ga Gotoku Kiwami, and Yakuza Kiwami just released on PC via Steam, so perhaps that may join it soon enough (The Licensed Music Restoration Patch was pretty much just waiting for the release to happen).
    Although Yakuza 6: The Song of Life can be found there too, no newer release besides Hokuto ga Gotoku/Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise has arrived (It was developed on the previous engine that powered Ryu ga Gotoku 5 till Ryu ga Gotoku Kiwami). And to my sadness, it nor Kiwami 2 have seen official soundtrack releases besides a small Limited Edition inclusion for the latter. And if one ever should occur, I would actually be surprised if the English performance for the Majima Construction Anthem (Though Ryu ga Gotoku The Best did include 'Tears of Father ~Overseas Edition~' from Yakuza 3's Staff Credits, so you never know).
    Last edited by Bizargh; 03-02-2019 at 01:04 AM.

Banned
    Is it my imagination or does David Bowie play when you enter one of the shops in Yakuza Kiwami? Just started playing it the other day and I'm already halfway through the story - sounds like it's half the game 0 was.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzleGuts View Post
    Is it my imagination or does David Bowie play when you enter one of the shops in Yakuza Kiwami? Just started playing it the other day and I'm already halfway through the story - sounds like it's half the game 0 was.
    Ryu ga Gotoku Kiwami basically is "Ryu ga Gotoku 0+1" (Or "Ryu ga Gotoku 0 with Ryu ga Gotoku's Story & Cutscenes and Much More Majima"). Haven't played the game for myself (Hoping to make my start with Ryu ga Gotoku 1&2 HD) nor can name any of David Bowie's work, but I know they reuse a lot of the old game's assets from motion capture & lip-sync, music ques from cutscenes & sub-stories, and more to compliment the assets & refurbishments from Ryu ga Gotoku 0 etc. It wouldn't surprise me if music for the businesses was being reused both from the first game & 0 if not others, but maybe composers among the music team prepared some new material.

Banned
    If that's true, I can't believe it would be easier to license Bowie's music as a background feature somewhere in an in-game shop as opposed to getting prominent tracks like Receive You and Bubble from the Japanese versions.

Shriner
    Any news on Kiwami 2 - like, was there even an official ost, gamerip or something?

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzleGuts View Post
    If that's true, I can't believe it would be easier to license Bowie's music as a background feature somewhere in an in-game shop as opposed to getting prominent tracks like Receive You and Bubble from the Japanese versions.
    Would it happen to be this theme you're referring to (It's really the only one I can think of with my limited exploration of the original & Kiwami releases): [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Quote Originally Posted by Ogden View Post
    Any news on Kiwami 2 - like, was there even an official ost, gamerip or something?
    All we have is a small number of tracks included in a Limited Edition for Kiwami 2, reappearing in-game music found in Hokuto ga Gotoku/Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise, and in-game recording by Neucom & TheEyrk24 for hearing on YouTube. I haven't come across any news otherwise.
    Last edited by Bizargh; 03-04-2019 at 08:56 PM.