Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy X is Coming to PlayStation Vita and PS3 in HD

Onion Kid
    I've put hundreds of hours into this game and chances are I'll still buy it again, who doesn't want 3 copies of the same game :S

*delete*

Onion Kid
    I'm still looking forward to this . Last I heard it was still confirmed, but no other details had been dropped. FFX being my favorite, I'd definitely buy this for ps3. Now all I need is a ps3 lmao.

If it's anything like the Metal Gear HD Remakes, it'll be worthless. Same game, with the straight lines looking slightly more straight. NOT worth 50-60 bucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1982_tarheels View Post
    Reddas is the guy who got his brains blown out by Travolta in the backseat of Jules' car.
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRay View Post
    Oh, now i get it...

Your Posts aren't meant to be ironic... You actually think you're funny....
    I fucking hate FFShrine.

Soooo looking forward to this release; this will be the reason I buy a PS vita. I am secretly hoping they release a special system with it. (。-_-。)
    I am really excited to see the game done in high definition, although I hope when they bring it overseas, the same American voice actors will resume their rolls. I don't know what I would do if they switched all the voices around- -that would just ruin everything.

rantThey did that to Lunar: SSSC when it was remade for the PSP; and I hated the new voice over.
    That's beside the point though, non-final fantasy related. lol /rant
    @cosmixlove

Heal the body, heal the heart... Enkidoh's Avatar
    Well, considering that nothing more has been mentioned or shown about this, the general consensus is that SE has scrapped it, so until any further info is released, don't hold your breath waiting for it anytime soon.
    enkffxisig-new-small

Maybe PSVita needs more games from Square Enix:
    Bravely Default series and that Kingdom Hearts (HD Remix) collection could have been a lot of help too.
    ?

Is there any news on when we can realistically see this remake come out ? I've been hearing late 2013 ?

This will be awesome when it finally gets released. I hope the Vita version gets included with the PS3 version.
    RIP Satoru Iwata 1959-2015

Password_is_FrankerZ

I'm also hyped for this. It's a bit of shame having to pay again for the games I already own but since they put some effort into enhancing the games I'm cool with that.
    Never got to play any KH games, if they ever remake those I'm definitely getting them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sang Hee View Post
    I'm also hyped for this. It's a bit of shame having to pay again for the games I already own but since they put some effort into enhancing the games I'm cool with that.
    Never got to play any KH games, if they ever remake those I'm definitely getting them as well.
    You can pre-order them on Amazon now.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Quote Originally Posted by Uvogin View Post
    You can pre-order them on Amazon now.

Thanks, I didn't know about the KH remake. It looks great as well.
    Despite basically giving the games a new coat it would just as well work to bring the backwards compatibility back. It worked great on the first series of PS3s. Guess we have no choice but to put up with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sang Hee View Post
    Thanks, I didn't know about the KH remake. It looks great as well.
    Despite basically giving the games a new coat it would just as well work to bring the backwards compatibility back. It worked great on the first series of PS3s. Guess we have no choice but to put up with it.
    Yeah, I hear you. I'm in no hurry to play these games, so I'll wait for a price drop like most HD collections get. As an audiophile, though, I'm looking forward to the sound quality that only a Blu-Ray disc can offer.

I only really liked the first KH and thought Chain of Memories was stupid, so I probably won't pick up the remake. I'm not hardcore enough to buy it just for the enhanced music and remastered cutscenes. On the other hand, I'm a huge FFX fanboy, so I'll definitely be getting the PS3 double release. As Uvogin said, the music will sound better, but otherwise I don't think the score will be changed. I'm not sure whether they'll update the voice acting; I hope they will, but this is Square we're talking about. Apart from that, this is probably going to be much the same game I played back in '03, which I was half expecting. Maybe they'll be some cool pre-order stuff.

Some comparison screenshots.
    Spoiler!

Onion Kid
    Here's another comparison

Just move your mouse over the picture and then away

Looks quite pretty, but I'm most excited to see Bahamut, Anima, and Shiva

Onion Kid
    I can't wait for it in HD, plus you get X-2

Gonna be so amazing. I cant wait!

Downloaded the preview off psn store & the cut-scenes look awesome in HD!

There's no question it looks better than the original, and as a hardcore fan, it's definitely worth getting (especially for the art book and other bonuses), but because I'm a hardcore fan, I'm left disappointed at how much more they could've done with it. But this is square we're dealing with yadda yadda yadda. It's probably my fault for not thinking realistically and getting my hopes up at reading the word "remake". Blame the translators at that square event.

They did more or less enough to make it presentable to an audience in 2013, which is what all reasonable people expected them to do. Hardcore fans like me probably aren't even the main audience anyway -- they were probably aiming at younger gamers for the most part (two games in one!?) who didn't play the original, but there is enough to win us over. But by god we're still going to complain about it. Why'd they have to update the command window and dialogue font? Now it looks like Kingdom Hearts.
    Last edited by ShinshoGurren; 08-01-2013 at 06:20 AM.

I'm excited to jump into this game again. I remember it being so entertaining. And the music! The battle theme was super upbeat but i still love it haha

Onion Kid
    Nice recording of the Demo at E3. I might get Remaster HD of this game that I can reunite and replay it again, this time, it's for the PS3.

I think most of them will look great on the vita,
    I'm kinda happy they are putting X and X-2 on the
    vita, tiny screen, tiny fun again

I don't have a PS3, but I think I'm gonna try and (pre-order) it on Amazon just because it's FFX. I'll save up and get a PS3 later.

It turns out the music in the game won't just be remastered but also remixed slightly. I never really thought about the music before this announcement, but it makes sense that they would do something like this since they did it to Kingdom Hearts. I'd love a new OST. I'm not sure if the Kingdom Hearts remaster got one, so I don't know whether Square Enix would release one for FFX, but if they don't, someone will rip the music anyway.