Page 1 of 40 123456711 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 988

Thread: The Vangelis unofficial official bootleg thread [lossless and non-lossless]

  1. #1
    Grand Shriner dadadacicici's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    957

    The Vangelis unofficial official bootleg thread [lossless and non-lossless]

    Well, the title says it all. It did not make much sense adding this Vangelis related music to the Blade Runner related threads. Even if I hate having to check different threads every time I log into FFS, I have to reckon that this is the best way to avoid confusion and having it all in the same section. Here you can post the music that never made it to official release or the one that is long out-of-print if you wish. Feel free to contribute as you might see fit!

    Vangelis-Blade Runner (Limited Edition)-Off World Music-OWM-9301-(1993)[FLAC]



    01 - Ladd Company Logo [John Williams] (0:24)
    02 - Main Titles and Prologue (4:03)
    03 - Los Angeles‚ November 2019 (1:46)
    04 - Deckard Meets Rachael (1:29)
    05 - Bicycle Riders [Gail Laughton] (2:05)
    06 - Memories of Green (5:39)
    07 - Blade Runner Blues (10:19)
    08 - Deckard's Dream (1:12)
    09 - On the Trail of Nexus 6 (5:30)
    10 - If I Didn't Care [The Ink Spots] (3:03)
    11 - Love Theme (4:57)
    12 - The Prodigal Son Brings Death (3:35)
    13 - Dangerous Days (1:02)
    14 - Wounded Animals (10:58)
    15 - Tears in Rain (2:41)
    16 - End Titles (7:24)
    17 - One More Kiss Dear (4:00)
    18 - Trailer and Alternate Main Titles [Robert Randles] (1:39)

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Notes :

    Limited to 2000 hand-numbered copies. Booklet contains extensive liner notes and photos from the production.

    Unfortunaly we might never live to catch a glimpse of it since full scans were never shared
    Oh, you might stumble on it on the occasional for-deep-pockets-only auctions on eBay... if you are a nice collector please let us know!


    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Comments :

    This is one of the first alternate recordings avalible on the CD format, limited to only 2000 copies, and thankfully a factory pressed disc by DISCTRONICS USA, as stated in the CD matrix (located around the spindle hole of the disc) **WTG01**/121628-R2-3343-2. This recording, issued by OFF WORLD MUSIC/OWM-9301, pretty much has all but two cues; "ogi no mato" by Ensemble Nipponia and Morning at the Bradbury. The sound quality, well I would go for the 1994 Warner Brothers' commercial release for that, remember we're dealing with "Alternate Recordings" here and they should be treated as such. All an all, I rate the packaging and sound of this CD = 7 out of 10.

    2007/09/25 - LEE

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Vangelis-Cavafy-Storm Records-2000-[APE]



    01 - Opening Titles (2'32)
    02 - "Sounds from our life's first poetry..." (2'45)
    03 - The Viennese Waltz Theme (2'41)
    04 - Leaving Alexandria (1'42)
    05 - The Bosphorus Theme (2'13)
    06 - First Turkish Dance (1'31)
    07 - "He's an Apollo..." - Second Turkish Dance (3'23)
    08 - "Come back and take hold of me..." (4'30)
    09 - "I'd like to speak of this memory..." (5'09)
    10 - "Family grief..." - Charikleia's Death (4'44)
    11 - Memory outside Time - Ancient Sounds (8'08)
    12 - The Good Friday Procession (3'37)
    13 - "His verse is now quoted by young men..." (6'30)
    14 - "As one long prepared and full of courage..." - Cavafy's Death (4'14)
    15 - Closing Titles (3'36)

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Notes :

    "New CD music soundtrack by the BLADE RUNNER electronic music composer VANGELIS. It labels Storm records on limited edition. The music Vangelis created for the‚ less known film CAVAFY in 1996 (which is depicting the life of the most famous Greek poet of modern times‚ Constantine Cavafy) was never released on any CD until now. One hour of breathtaking music - an excellent mixture between the dark Blade Runner sound and ancient Byzantine-oriental flavor. An extraordinary magical soundtrack! Excellent true and clean stereo sound quality."

    Storm Records is a pirate label [presumably] from Ukraine or Russia [but most likely the west side of Europe].

    N.B. It appears that every original that we were able to check has some missing frames filled with a tiny bit of digital silence at the beginning of tracks 6, 10 and 15. We believe these "edits" are part of the original master. It could easily be fixed providing an audio rip of the ac3 channels of the dvd release.
    I do not own the movie, but I might be able to fix that if anyone is willing to help.


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Comments :

    "There is a little-known Greek film called "Cavafy" or "Kavafis", released in 1996 by Alexandros Film, directed by Iannis Smaragdis, about the life and visions of the famous Greek poet, Constantine P. Cavafy (Konstantinos Petro Kavafis). The film was scored by Vangelis ("Chariots of Fire", "1492") and is the last film that he has scored."

    04/15/2004 - Uncle Don

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    "I have never seen the film "Cavafy" but I'm certain‚ like in Blade Runner‚ that Vangelis' score exerts the same impact over the atmosphere of the movie. In general‚ the sound of this score is very reminiscent of "El Greco‚" since there are many byzantine and eastern themes throughout. The mood is somber‚ brooding‚ and at times‚ dramatic. However‚ some themes such as "The Bosforus Theme" and "Family grief" are very melodic and delicate and sound very much like themes found "Bitter Moon." The production value of this release is wonderful. The tracks flow into each other beautifully and the sound quality is just excellent. However‚ the only drawback to the release‚ is the considerable amount of Cavafy's poetry recited in Greek throughout the disc. Nevertheless‚ this score has moments of brilliance and is really an essential item for any Vangelis collector."

    Sebastian *****

    "I think Vangelis faced this score as a very special project. I can guess the loving he put on it listening to some of its passages. For instance‚ I must say that the first 5 tracks are all wonderful. The first seems to be taken from "El Greco"‚ while the Viennese Waltz seems... well‚ a Viennese Waltz. The score gets a little tedious in the middle‚ specially in the longer tracks‚ where music is dark and there are no big melodies... But the second half of "Charikleia's Death"‚ (A melody that reminds me a lot to Shubert's "Ave Maria") is wonderful. And the end titles.... Well‚ the end Titles is one of the most beautiful tunes I've heard from this man in his entire career... It brings chills to my spine every time I listen to it‚ and I've add it to my personal favourites. What a masterpiece! The production is great: The themes are nicely linked and the sound quality is superb... Yes‚ I know there's a Greek guy speaking all the way‚ but when the music is that great‚ who cares? A must."

    Jaime - Spain *****

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Vangelis-Mémoires Vol. 4 - Bitter Moon + Blade Runner-FIC-1997-[APE]



    01 - Opening Titles (Theme from Bitter Moon) (2.58)
    02 - Fever/Nigel Meets Mimi at the Bar (2.59)
    03 - Memoirs of Paris (3.04)
    04 - A Tale of Strange Attractions/Games of Obsession (4.53)
    05 - Love Theme from Bitter Moon (2.30)
    06 - Oscar's Obsession/Back to the Cabin (3.33)
    07 - Dating Mimi (Memoirs of Paris reprise) (2.37)
    08 - Le Carrousel (The Vertigo of Love) (1.59)
    09 - Mimi Talks to Nigel/Oscar hits Mimi/
    Forgiveness (Bitter Moon reprise) (3.15)
    10 - Desire Wanes (Bitter Moon reprise) (2.37)
    11 - Consequences/The Extremes Of Passion/Waiting For Mimi (4.13)
    12 - Mimi's Dance/The Dance of The Sensualities/
    Oscar's Confessions (4.13)
    13 - Closing Credits from Bitter Moon (3.12)
    14 - Rachael Asks Questions/Los Angeles in 2019 (Main Titles
    Theme)/Leon's Voight-Kampff Test/Deckard Meets Rachael (3.01)
    15 - Memories in a Picture/Pris' Quest (Blade Runner Blues) (4.45)
    16 - Spinner Ascent (Gaff Takes Deckard to Bryant)/
    Pris Meets J.F. Sebastian (1.35)
    17 - Sebastian's Apartment/Prelude to Love Theme/
    Love Theme from Blade Runner (5.21)
    18 - Morning At The Bradbury/To Tyrell Corporation/
    Roy Ends His Maker's Life (The Prodigal Son Brings Death) (4.16)
    19 - Deckard and Roy's Chase (Wounded Animals)/
    A Replicant's Time To Die (Tears In Rain) (3.38)
    20 - Deckard and Rachael Escape/End Titles from Blade Runner (4.05)

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Notes :

    1-13 Bitter Moon Suite (42:03)

    14-20 Blade Runner Suite (26:19)

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Comments :

    "Bitter Moon is a beautiful score‚ and most of the music can be listened to perfectly without the images and enjoyed completely. Some of the themes are really beautiful. For example‚ the main theme‚ repeated with variations through parts 1‚ 4 and 10‚ the accordion theme you can hear on part 3 (That somehow makes me think of Paris) and the romantic and inspired part 13 (End credits?). Some of the music‚ however‚ sounds more incidental‚ but stands very well on its own too. Part 12 starts with an dance-arab-like song and then continues with a techno rhythm pattern (Is that really Vangelis?). There's also a jazz song on part 2 (I'll ask again: Vangelis?) [No. That's Fever by Peggy Lee, at least the first part of the song] and some jazzy and dark passages. Since I haven't seen the movie I don't know if the music is well ordered or not. Sound FX from the movie can be heard alltrough the suite‚ and sometines become annoying. Even sometimes the FX andthe music grow suddenly giving you a start. Despite this little defects‚ sound quality is very good and the music in quite enjoyable.

    The Blade Runner suite could be interesting in its moment but now‚ with all that Blade Runner releases out there has become a bit obsolete‚ but harmless anyway."

    Jaime ****

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Vangelis-Mémoires Vol. 8 - L'Arbre De Vie-FIC-1999-[APE]



    01 - L'Arbre De Vie Part I (0:37)
    02 - La Fete Sauvage (1:59)
    03 - Creation Du monde (3:05)
    04 - Solitude (1:44)
    05 - La Nuit (3:19)
    06 - L'Arbre De Vie Part II (5:38)
    07 - La Mer (3:41)
    08 - Irlande (2:54)
    09 - L'Arbre De Vie Part III (5:45)
    10 - L'Arbre De Vie Part IV (2:27)
    11 - Gong Part I (3:06)
    12 - Gong Part II (0:39)
    13 - Voyage (0:36)
    14 - La Grece Part I (4:18)
    15 - Gong Part III (4:16)
    16 - La Grece Part II (1:45)
    17 - Opera Sauvage (2:36)
    18 - Cantique Des Creatures (0:50)
    19 - Realite (1:24)
    20 - Afrique (1:42)
    21 - La Fin Du Voyage (0:23)
    22 - L'Arbre De Vie Part V (5:08)

    Bonus

    23 - Improvisation Athens Part I(3:37)
    24 - Improvisation Athens Part II(1:19)

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Comments :

    "This television interview/special showed us some truly marvelous Vangelis pieces. All of the L'Arbre de Vie parts (tracks 1‚ 6‚ 9‚ 10) are beautiful‚ namely Part II (track 6). Again‚ there is a considerable amount of dialog in French contained in the disc‚ but it's independent of the music and it gives the listener good insight to Vangelis‚ since he is the one speaking most of the time. Some themes from "La Fete Sauvage" appear here‚ (but not in the same quality as in the OWM La Fete Sauvage) as well as themes from Opera Sauvage. While this is not a proper album per se‚ there are quite a few wonderful pieces and is well worth owning."

    Sebastian ****

    "The bad news about this release is that if you take away the tracks 4‚ 7‚ 11‚ 13‚ 16‚ 19‚ 21 wich are French dialog‚ and 2‚ 3‚ 8‚ 17 which are excerpts from "Opera Sauvage"‚ "L'Apocalypse des Animaux" and "La Fete Savage"‚ you'll arrive to the conclusion that only little more than the half of this release is unreleased material. Still more‚ all the music is recorded on Mono. OK‚ here is the good news: All the older selections are wisely chosen‚ all are among my Vangelis favourites. More over‚ I guess the dialogs are quite interesting‚ but I don't speak French‚ so I hope somebody could correct me if it's not so.

    And regarding the new music‚ it's very beautiful. It mainly consists in gentle electric piano improvisations‚ in the typical Vangelis "wildlifestyle"‚ that paint very evoccative and haunting landscapes. Really‚ from the short and catchy "Part I" to the beautiful "Grece"‚ all the music is great. Also thrown in the middle there are some percussion improvisations. And in the end you get the best theme for my taste: Can you imagine "Spiral" adapted to fit "Opera Sauvage"? Listen to "Part 5" and you'll see. It's simply wonderful.

    The last two themes don't fit with rest‚ since they are two boombastic improvisations taped 12 years later for the AT1 Greek Channel (See the elsewhere site for more information). In conclusion‚ a very beautiful release. Try to get it!"

    Jaime - Spain ****

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Afterword :

    A few words need to be added before going lossless. We would like to remind that you should not make profit off what it is not your own. The reason to be of this release is for a better archival purpose only. Be responsible in giving back what you had for free. Consider sharing back what was shared of old if you care. We are only left with what we share eventually. The more accurately (read properly) the better for the peers-to-be. Needless to remind to decompress to WAV first (preferred). Cue sheet with CD-Text info is included (suggested). Burn at 4x speed (always). Alternate unofficial Official artworks kindly provided by Pendor, Zoran, JacKc, MrYeeashkul and Xchullit. Special thanks everybody for the graphics!

    Have a better one Jack Deth!

    Last edited by dadadacicici; 08-30-2015 at 03:57 AM.

  2. #2
    Shriner
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    75
    hey....................that's a nice set of vangelis albums you have put tohether there....................my favourite vangelis track is elsewhere , though for the life of me , I cant remember which album its from

  3. #3
    Grand Shriner dadadacicici's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    957
    Quote Originally Posted by chisum View Post
    ...my favourite vangelis track is elsewhere, though for the life of me , I cant remember which album its from
    Is your favourite vangelis track to be found here perhaps?

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

  4. #4
    Grand Shriner octagonproplex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,892
    Cool, love me some Vangelis!

  5. #5
    Grand Shriner dvran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Nowhere - Now Here
    Posts
    188
    Absolutely fantastic, DC!
    Thank you very, very much!

  6. #6
    Shriner
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    75
    dadadacicici
    ............................it is indeed sir

  7. #7
    RIP Castle 2009-2016 Zoran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,657
    Thanks DC.

  8. #8
    Grand Shriner dvran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Nowhere - Now Here
    Posts
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by dadadacicici View Post
    N.B. It appears that every original that we were able to check has some missing frames filled with a tiny bit of digital silence at the beginning of tracks 6, 10 and 15. We believe these "edits" are part of the original master. It could easily be fixed providing an audio rip of the ac3 channels of the dvd release.
    I do not own the movie, but I might be able to fix that if anyone is willing to help.
    As DC pointed out before uploading the 'Cavafy' soundtrack: this lossless version really isn't worth downloading! Not only some frames are missing, but also all the gaps have been left out. (That's what you get when you use the wrong EAC settings!) And even the 'hidden' bonus track is completely missing.
    So, for those who might be interested, here's a 'complete' version of the soundtrack that I downloaded a couple of years ago. No missing frames, complete songs, correct durations and HQ covers. Only... not lossless, and the beginnings of some tracks are in the tails of the previous ones!

    'Cavafy' soundtrack (vbr 217-253 kbps, 108 MB, 3% recovery included):
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    Info:
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    1 Opening Titles 2:31
    2 "Sounds From Our Life's First Poetry..." 2:44
    3 The Viennese Waltz Theme 2:40
    4 Leaving Alexandria 1:41
    5 The Bosphorus Theme 2:12
    6 First Turkish Dance 1:30
    7 "He's An Apollo..." - Second Turkish Dance 3:22
    8 "Come Back And Take Hold Of Me..." 4:29
    9 "I'd Like To Speak Of This Memory..." 5:08
    10 "Family Grief..." - Charikleia's Death 4:43
    11 Memory Outside Time - Ancient Sounds 8:07
    12 The Good Friday Procession 3:36
    13 "His Verse Is Now Quoted By Young Men..." 6:29
    14 "As One Long Prepared And Full Of Courage..." - Cavafy's Death 4:13
    15 Closing Titles 3:35
    16 Untitled 2:13

    BTW: If you take a close look at the inner ring of the CD, you'll notice that it wasn't made in Russia, but in Romania.

  9. #9
    You can't be serious...
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by dadadacicici View Post
    Vangelis-Mémoires Vol. 4 - Bitter Moon + Blade Runner-FIC-1997-[APE]



    01 - Opening Titles (Theme from Bitter Moon) (2.58)
    02 - Fever/Nigel Meets Mimi at the Bar (2.59)
    03 - Memoirs of Paris (3.04)
    04 - A Tale of Strange Attractions/Games of Obsession (4.53)
    05 - Love Theme from Bitter Moon (2.30)
    06 - Oscar's Obsession/Back to the Cabin (3.33)
    07 - Dating Mimi (Memoirs of Paris reprise) (2.37)
    08 - Le Carrousel (The Vertigo of Love) (1.59)
    09 - Mimi Talks to Nigel/Oscar hits Mimi/
    Forgiveness (Bitter Moon reprise) (3.15)
    10 - Desire Wanes (Bitter Moon reprise) (2.37)
    11 - Consequences/The Extremes Of Passion/Waiting For Mimi (4.13)
    12 - Mimi's Dance/The Dance of The Sensualities/
    Oscar's Confessions (4.13)
    13 - Closing Credits from Bitter Moon (3.12)
    14 - Rachael Asks Questions/Los Angeles in 2019 (Main Titles
    Theme)/Leon's Voight-Kampff Test/Deckard Meets Rachael (3.01)
    15 - Memories in a Picture/Pris' Quest (Blade Runner Blues) (4.45)
    16 - Spinner Ascent (Gaff Takes Deckard to Bryant)/
    Pris Meets J.F. Sebastian (1.35)
    17 - Sebastian's Apartment/Prelude to Love Theme/
    Love Theme from Blade Runner (5.21)
    18 - Morning At The Bradbury/To Tyrell Corporation/
    Roy Ends His Maker's Life (The Prodigal Son Brings Death) (4.16)
    19 - Deckard and Roy's Chase (Wounded Animals)/
    A Replicant's Time To Die (Tears In Rain) (3.38)
    20 - Deckard and Rachael Escape/End Titles from Blade Runner (4.05)

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Notes :

    1-13 Bitter Moon Suite (42:03)

    14-20 Blade Runner Suite (26:19)

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Comments :

    "Bitter Moon is a beautiful score‚ and most of the music can be listened to perfectly without the images and enjoyed completely. Some of the themes are really beautiful. For example‚ the main theme‚ repeated with variations through parts 1‚ 4 and 10‚ the accordion theme you can hear on part 3 (That somehow makes me think of Paris) and the romantic and inspired part 13 (End credits?). Some of the music‚ however‚ sounds more incidental‚ but stands very well on its own too. Part 12 starts with an dance-arab-like song and then continues with a techno rhythm pattern (Is that really Vangelis?). There's also a jazz song on part 2 (I'll ask again: Vangelis?) [No. That's Fever by Peggy Lee, at least the first part of the song] and some jazzy and dark passages. Since I haven't seen the movie I don't know if the music is well ordered or not. Sound FX from the movie can be heard alltrough the suite‚ and sometines become annoying. Even sometimes the FX andthe music grow suddenly giving you a start. Despite this little defects‚ sound quality is very good and the music in quite enjoyable.

    The Blade Runner suite could be interesting in its moment but now‚ with all that Blade Runner releases out there has become a bit obsolete‚ but harmless anyway."

    Jaime ****

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Hi DC
    Thanks for these new Vangelis soundtracks.
    Just a question: how does this one compare to the version uploaded by Zero_flyer a while ago (apart from the different cover ?

  10. #10
    Zhora Zhora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    345

    Cool Music originally posted on Yahoo BR group.

    1 Brought here from the lossless thread.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    2
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    3
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    4
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    Cheers,
    Zhora.

  11. #11
    Grand Shriner dadadacicici's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    957
    Quote Originally Posted by armamar View Post
    How does this one compare to the version uploaded by Zero_flyer a while ago (apart from the different cover ?
    Same for everything except... the different cover!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zhora View Post
    1 Brought here from the lossless thread...
    Ooppss... you were meaning that only the first link was already posted then! It seems I did miss lots of things before joining the group... Thanks very much for sharing this back!

  12. #12
    BANG BANG !! docrate1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In future land, mostly.
    Posts
    4,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhora View Post
    1 Brought here from the lossless thread.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    2
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    3
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    4
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    Cheers,
    Zhora.
    Thank you very much for 2,3 and 4 ! Much appreciated

  13. #13
    Grand Shriner dadadacicici's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    957
    Quote Originally Posted by dvran View Post
    As DC pointed out before uploading the 'Cavafy' soundtrack: this lossless version really isn't worth downloading! Not only some frames are missing, but also all the gaps have been left out. (That's what you get when you use the wrong EAC settings!) And even the 'hidden' bonus track is completely missing.
    So, for those who might be interested, here's a 'complete' version of the soundtrack that I downloaded a couple of years ago. No missing frames, complete songs, correct durations and HQ covers. Only... not lossless, and the beginnings of some tracks are in the tails of the previous ones!
    Mmmhhhmmm... I think I know what happened... someone ripped the original cd as separate tracks... but with the wrong EAC settings (and leaving out the gaps) since the version I posted has no gaps at all as you might have noticed and the only difference with the version posted by dvran is only the silence of the gaps in between songs... which will total the right time duration of 57 minutes as in dvran mp3 version.

    Then someone has burned the songs without pause in between tracks and shared the result as cdimage. That is where I had the source for the one I posted... as almost everyone around the net since 2007 I am guessing.

    Mathemathic of chaos is what you get error after error until someone put it right. The actual content is still intact and almost complete (to reassure dvran!) but with the silence in between tracks informations gone forever.



    So we would only need to add the silence gap and work out that in the cuesheet... that's the trickier part unless you use a professional software like cdarchitect... which I will at this point... plus the added frames from the encoder will have to be restored to the original frame count without the LAME additions....

    If you compare the resulting mp3 from the version I posted you will notice that only 3 songs (plus 2 which had no gap or needed none as the last track) retain the same lenght... which are the one that have the gaps due to the bad editing of the master in both versions... so the issue presented in this version remain the same as the one in the original... though it might be easily bypassed.



    About the bonus track... well... I really cannot tell since a limited 50 copies pressing is not going to be pressed professionally as in the version pressed in Romania... and replication plants do not press less than 500 copies at time even if it is technically possible, having the right connections (major label managers to say the least), to have the job done for less than 500... no way that would have happened in 2000... all the limited edition boots were mostly cdr's...

    But only Storm Records can tell us if a bonus track was ever meant to be on the original master... and strangely that is not listed on the vangelis-rareties site...

    Strange... really strange... do expect a fixed version for dvran's birthday or whatever... at least that will be for him to have spotted the trick until the real deal will come throught!

    Thanks for pointing us in the right direction (or something very close to it in our opinion)!

  14. #14
    Zhora Zhora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    345

    Cool Vicente's Grand Suites. 3 tracks.

    3 x Vangelis Suites. Created by Vicente. 1 flac & 2 mp3s.

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    Cheers,
    Zhora.

  15. #15
    Grand Shriner dadadacicici's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    957
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhora View Post
    3 x Vangelis Suites. Created by Vicente. 1 flac & 2 mp3s.
    I think Vicente has never got around to post the whole series... but now we have a part of it at least!
    Thanks for the post!

  16. #16
    Zhora Zhora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    345

    Red face Reflections: Music In The Key Of Blade Runner. 2 disc set. Flac-scans.

    Just a compilation of Vangelis stuff. Nothing to do with Blade Runner apart from 1 track and cover art.

    Disc 1
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    Disc 2
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    Regards, Zhora.

  17. #17
    Grand Shriner Bioscope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    2,115
    If you accept requests or enquiries, what can you tell us about Alexander complete score? Is it the real deal or does it have sfx? Perhaps a post if this one is clean?

  18. #18
    Grand Shriner dadadacicici's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    957
    I know of a couple of versions of the Alexander soundtrack... but they both had fx... the private release being better than the original Storm Records bootleg... but I do not have the lossless of those unfortunately...

    Have a look here:
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Someone who left a comment on 2011/07/25 is willing to trade that for something else.

    If you are successful let us know!

  19. #19
    Onion Kid
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10
    I hAVE

  20. #20
    Grand Shriner JacKc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    263
    I miss a lot of new links...Thanks again Zhora for sharing all your precious Blade Runner and vangelis gems !!!!

  21. #21
    Grand Shriner
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    105
    Great thanks

  22. #22
    You can't be serious...
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by dadadacicici View Post
    I know of a couple of versions of the Alexander soundtrack... but they both had fx... the private release being better than the original Storm Records bootleg... but I do not have the lossless of those unfortunately...

    Have a look here:
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Someone who left a comment on 2011/07/25 is willing to trade that for something else.

    If you are successful let us know!
    I think I may have a lossless version of this. Let me check and get back later.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________

    Nope, haven't yet found this in lossless. Sorry to give everyone false hopes.
    On the other hand, if anyone has it and is willing to share I wouldn't object

  23. #23
    Onion Kid zefklop1138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    11
    Hi everyone,

    Dadadacicici, thanks a lot for "L'Arbre de vie" : I have been hunting this one for quite some time !

    Well, here's a little contribution to this thread...

    Vangelis - The Bounty - One World Music Limited Edition - 1995 - 406 Mb - FLAC(image)+CUE



    CD1
    1. Main Titles (4:13)
    2. The Trial of Lt William Bligh (2:20)
    3. 23rd December 1787 (2:49)
    4. The Watter is Wide (4:20)
    5. First Day at Sea (1:45)
    6. Bonnie Kate (2:03)
    7. Cape Horn (8:39)
    8. Memories of Home (1:15)
    9. Bligh's Fury (1:31)
    10. Burial at Sea / "Land-Ho!" (3:12)
    11. The Natives of Otahiti (1:36)
    12. Longboat Approach (3:06)
    13. Drowsy Maggie (1:35)
    14. Ritual (3:04)
    15. Forbidden Love (8:42)
    16. My Young Love (3:39)
    17. To Fletcher‚ a Wife (0:48)
    18. Deserters (5:03)
    19. Native Dance (1:07)
    20. A Last Night Together (2:16)

    CD 2
    1. Alternate Titles (11:09)
    2. Bligh's Madness (1:33)
    3. Mutiny On The Bounty (4:22)
    4. Cast Adrift (8:05)
    5. Return To Otahiti (0:39)
    6. Men Against The Sea (0:32)
    7. Log Entries (0:34)
    8. The Mutineers's Threats (0:45)
    9. Civilised Men (1:35)
    10. Limits of Endurance (2:01)
    11. The Saga of H.M.S. Bounty (21:13)

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    Comments from Vangelis-rarities :

    "Anyone who has seen "The Boutny" will notice that Vangelis' score adds an enormous dimention to the film. Vangelis' decision to to give this 18th century period piece a synthesizer score was both non-conventional and bold. The result is a magnificent double CD which is rich with moments of tension‚ emotion and adventure. Most notable on the discs are "Opening Titles"‚ "First Day at Sea" and the epic and spine-tingling "Saga of H.M.S Bounty."
    One of the things this release might suffer from is too much information. The two discs contain nearly two hours of music. That being said‚ besides Vangelis' original music the release includes traditional English sailor fiddle tunes as well as Tahitian chants and percussion. Lastly‚ the sound in many parts of the release is very poor‚ but nonetheless‚ tolerable. Despite these distractions or drawbacks‚ the music of this score is truly epic and an essential part of any serious Vangelis collector's repertoir."

    Sebastian
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    "I must say that I felt quite disappointed when I first heard this release... Why? Because it's horribly boring. I know that maybe this won't be a popular opinion‚ but being honest‚ I feel that themes like "Cape Horn"‚ "Deserters" or "Cast Adrift" are overlong. Special mention deserves "Alternate Titles"‚ no less than eleven minutes of the same cue again and again and again... Still more‚ I must say that the native's dances are superfluous‚ and the Irish sailor numbers aren't even specially well performed.. In the other hand‚ the melancholic numbers really shine‚ like "23rd December 1787"‚ "First Day at Sea" or "A Last Night Together". Also the main titles‚ but you can hear a much cleaner verson in "Themes". So‚ I think that this would be much better in an editted way‚ much shorter‚ with the suite (Great‚ by the way) in one side (Yes‚ I'm still thinking of vinyl) and the better themes in the other. This double album is great as an archive of music‚ but it's quite hard to listen to."

    Jaime - Spain
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Original music composed and performed by VANGELIS
    Except tracks 4‚6‚11‚12‚13‚14‚16 and 19 which are public domain. "The Bounty" copyright 1984 Dino De Laurentiis Corporation.Copyright 1984 Orion Pictures International. Artwork and photography copyright 1984 Dino De Laurentiis Corporation. This recordingcopyright 1995 One World Music‚ Ltd. All rights reserved. This is a special limited edition release and is not licenced for public sale.Made in EEC.

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

  24. #24
    Grand Shriner dadadacicici's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    957
    I couldn't have done better post if I'd picked it out myself!
    Well done indeed!... and thank you for the big contribution!

  25. #25
    Grand Shriner dvran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Nowhere - Now Here
    Posts
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by zefklop1138 View Post
    Vangelis - The Bounty - One World Music Limited Edition - 1995 - 406 Mb - FLAC(image)+CUE
    Thanks a lot!

    Some covers (1.67 MB) for zefklop1138's 'The Bounty' upload:

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •