Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 59101112131415

Thread: The World of Warcraft Music Patch Thread

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Doublehex View Post
    Hey guys, lemme give an update. I know that BFA was released forever ago in videogame land, and I have had the complete soundtrack done for some time. I have been holding out on it because I am hoping that when Blizzcon comes around, we will be able to purchase the music from "Old Soldier". If we can get our hands on that, then I would include that in my release and get it into your grubby hands.

Sorry for being piss poor at communication. Between work, writing, WoW grinding, and real life, I find it harder and harder to stay on top of things.
    Fret not. Real life comes first.
    Looking forward to the BFA collection when you release it.
    Question. Are you still planning on re-releasing the previous WOW soundtracks, but simplified?

Quote Originally Posted by MaxN View Post

Only the handful of rips mentioned before. But I'd like to see your cover attempts at the pre-Burning Crusade patches, and more bar-less variants!
    Thanks, I think I'll give them a try! Oh, and bar-less variants will come, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Deggial View Post
    I actually like the bar versions Awesome work, mate
    Thanks!

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by boojum View Post
    Question. Are you still planning on re-releasing the previous WOW soundtracks, but simplified?
    That would be great!
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Shriner
    Does anybody know if there's a breakdown of what cues make up the suites released on the official soundtracks? I'm trying to organize my own game rip while avoiding redundancy, especially since the in-game versions are lower quality.

Onion Kid
    Does anybody know if there's a breakdown of what cues make up the suites released on the official soundtracks? I'm trying to organize my own game rip while avoiding redundancy, especially since the in-game versions are lower quality.
    No, but that sounds like a fun project.

I assume you mean you want to augment the CD soundtracks with game files for whatever music and variations are missing. The official soundtracks are not 100% like the in-game tracks. Some of them might be re-arranged or from different performances and I know some of them include ambient sound effects (especially tracks on the Taverns album).

Obsessive Orchestral Music Maniac Doublehex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boojum View Post
    It is not simplified. It is done without any of the bullshit, with the different musical pieces woven together in a more natural way.
    A fanfiction that tries to answer the question "What if Jon Snow traveled to Essos instead of the Wall?"

Shriner
    It is not simplified. It is done without any of the bullshit, with the different musical pieces woven together in a more natural way.
    Whatever you want to call it. Is something you still plan on doing? Do you want any help? I've got audio editing software.

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by MAeron View Post
    No, but that sounds like a fun project.

I assume you mean you want to augment the CD soundtracks with game files for whatever music and variations are missing. The official soundtracks are not 100% like the in-game tracks. Some of them might be re-arranged or from different performances and I know some of them include ambient sound effects (especially tracks on the Taverns album).

Yea. Like right now I know the Stormwind track is made up of Stormwind Intro/06 and Stormwind 07 (06 is the same as the intro moment, just faded in and out), Ironforge is Stormwind 02, Sacred is Stormwind 03, etc. This way I can tell which in-game cues were never released on CD. I might post my results when I'm done if anybody's interested. One thing I realized so far is how dynamically compressed the OSTs are, so much so that the lower bitrate in-game versions almost sound like different songs.

Shriner
    Yea. Like right now I know the Stormwind track is made up of Stormwind Intro/06 and Stormwind 07 (06 is the same as the intro moment, just faded in and out), Ironforge is Stormwind 02, Sacred is Stormwind 03, etc. This way I can tell which in-game cues were never released on CD. I might post my results when I'm done if anybody's interested. One thing I realized so far is how dynamically compressed the OSTs are, so much so that the lower bitrate in-game versions almost sound like different songs.
    I'm interested. Would love to have someone tell me what I need to mix together, because the mixing shouldn't be too bad on my end.

But I'd like to see your cover attempts at the pre-Burning Crusade patches, and more bar-less variants!
    As promised: Me attempting to do some more covers for the pre-Burning Crusade patches. Please note that I found it difficult to find nice images for them, so I ended up using the ones Blizzard provides in their WOW timeline. If you have any better images, feel free to drop me a link!

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

That sounds great! Can't wait to hear it, although I understand it requires lots of time and patience to do that, so I will be patient myself

I see covers for patches 1.5 and 1.6 in this topic ... are there proper downloads of those soundtracks? Thanks ...

Bit off-topic, but I made some homemade covers for the official BfA soundtrack, for those of you who like having covers that fit well together.

(I haven't found a way to post previews of the pics in the forum, sorry)

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by carthinius View Post
    As promised: Me attempting to do some more covers for the pre-Burning Crusade patches. Please note that I found it difficult to find nice images for them, so I ended up using the ones Blizzard provides in their WOW timeline. If you have any better images, feel free to drop me a link!

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

That sounds great! Can't wait to hear it, although I understand it requires lots of time and patience to do that, so I will be patient myself
    Awesome, thanks for these. And yea there is very little good quality art for these patches. That's why I could only come up with bare bones placeholder art for myself, like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Deggial View Post
    I see covers for patches 1.5 and 1.6 in this topic ... are there proper downloads of those soundtracks? Thanks ...
    As far as I know: unfortunately no. I just made them on request. Maybe MaxN knows more!

---------- Post added 10-02-2018 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was 10-01-2018 at 11:56 PM ----------

Awesome, thanks for these. And yea there is very little good quality art for these patches. That's why I could only come up with bare bones placeholder art for myself, like this:

You're welcome. And on a side note: that bare bone cover is nice, too! Did you do logo-only covers for all the soundtracks?

---------- Post added at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Amiral View Post

Bit off-topic, but I made some homemade covers for the official BfA soundtrack, for those of you who like having covers that fit well together.

(I haven't found a way to post previews of the pics in the forum, sorry)
    Those are pretty good stuff, mate! How did you do those frames?

Oh, and to post previews here: look at lensdump for "embed codes" and use the ones with BBCode. The "Medium image (linked)" for your images are these ones:

Oh, and to post previews here: look at lensdump for "embed codes" and use the ones with BBCode. The "Medium image (linked)" for your images are these ones:
    Thanks for the tips, Carthinius! I'm new to this whole image-sharing thing.

I made the covers using the Collector's Edition as a base, and then added some bits I found on BfA's website + pics of the metal coins given with the CE. Glad you like them!

Shriner
    As far as I know: unfortunately no. I just made them on request. Maybe MaxN knows more!

---------- Post added 10-02-2018 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was 10-01-2018 at 11:56 PM ----------

You're welcome. And on a side note: that bare bone cover is nice, too! Did you do logo-only covers for all the soundtracks?

---------- Post added at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

Nah that was the only one. That was when I realized there was only like four songs added to the game in that patch.. felt kind of weird putting together art and id3 tags for just that. So then I started going back to see how much music was added in each patch which is what has sidetracked me currently. But I make art like that for every video game rip I make for myself so eventually I'll do the other patches too.

The new CASCExplorer was released yesterday. They went from v0.2 to 1.0. You can extract all the files you want up to WoW 8.0. Just head to sound->music in the file structure.

Grab it here -> [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Really looking forward to the re-releases of all the soundtracks. Thank in advance for all the hard work, Doublehex. I truly appreciate it.
    Please be kind to all animals and nature. Spread kindness and positivity.

Sorry I am a leecher. Am on disability because I have a lot of problems and hardly have any money left at the end of the month to spend. I care for my grandmother with dementia and have a blind dog, so I try to do my part. I appreciate all the sharing; gets my mind off my problems. From the bottom of my heart, thank you!

Using the new CASCExplorer released 2 days ago, there are 45 new tracks to grab for 8.1 Tides of Vengeance. Make sure to select the online storage of WoW PTR to get them. Just a heads up for everyone.

I normally would upload it, but I need to do some cloud storage recovery. Will post it eventually unless someone else beats me to it.