Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 378910111213

Thread: The World of Warcraft Music Patch Thread

Onion Kid
    Hmm, for some reason why I try to open the 7.3 rar, 7zip says it's not a valid archive. I'll try it on a different system later this afternoon.

Grand Shriner
    Thanks for the 7.3 music!

Quote Originally Posted by zakharov View Post
    Hmm, for some reason why I try to open the 7.3 rar, 7zip says it's not a valid archive. I'll try it on a different system later this afternoon.
    Just tried it as of this post. Was able to download, open, and extract the files from the RAR file. I am using the 64bit version of WinRAR.

Thanks for the update, inforcer! Seems your Google-fu is better than mine...

Updated 7.1 music. Went from 10 tracks to 31! Make sure to grab it . It is in my original post [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Shriner
    Does anyone know how sites like WoWhead extract things from the game? They, and a few notable youtubers (like WoWMusicable) are able to access stuff seemingly right away, while we're stuck waiting for list files.

Shriner
    Oh, also, here are a bunch of unreleased cinematic tracks written by Neal Acree. Includes the Broken Shore cutscene music, some WoD stuff, and a thing done for WoW's youtube channel. Clean audio.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Shriner
    Thanks for the great shares! I noticed there was a separate thread for the Warlords of Draenor rip and the link is dead. Does anyone have those files still who would be kind enough to re-upload?

Nice, thank you very much!

World of Warcraft - 7.3.5

Thanks to a user at MMO champions for the share. I just added some more info to the tags. File names themselves are unchanged. Enjoy all.

Format: MP3 @ 160kbps
    Tracks: 23
    Covers: 0 (custom)

Spoiler!

Why MP3? Only way to extract it.

Why not in higher quality or lossless? MP3's extracted are only encoded at 160. Be a waste of time and space to re-encode them any higher without have the lossless source to begin with.

Many thanks for 7.3.5, inforcer!

Onion Kid
    Does anyone have a good idea where to get the released soundtrack files? I'm trying to start a collection from scratch and have a remarkably hard time finding these.

Onion Kid
    Hey Inforcer, just a heads up, seems like the 7.3 music is actually missing most of the actual Mac'Aree music

Thanks for your work btw!

World of Warcraft - 8.0.0 (Alpha)

Thanks to a user at MMO champions for the share. I just added some more info to the tags. File names themselves are unchanged. Enjoy all.

Tracks: 51
    Covers: 2 (Custom w/source)

Spoiler!

Why not in higher quality or lossless? MP3's extracted are only encoded at 160. Be a waste of time and space to re-encode them any higher without have the lossless source to begin with.
    Last edited by inforcer; 07-12-2018 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Alpha release was limited. Beta is bigger.

Obsessive Orchestral Music Maniac Doublehex's Avatar
    Hey guys, just wanted to come by to let you know that I just finished a complete soundtrack of Legion and I will be uploading within the next 24 hours. It comes a little over 2 hours due to me trimming alot of unnecessary fat. How I used to do it before was vaersions A-H of a track would be combined into a single suite. However, I have come to realize is that that was REALLY unnecessary. What those tracks were was essentially layers of instruments, or the full theme cut out to just a certain point for a dramatic moment. So I would pretty much be giving you guys the exact same track four or five times. That does not make for a good listening experience, it inflates the run time, and it bloats up your file size. Completely unnecessary. So essentially I went straight for the "H", the final and complete version of each theme. I would also dump "synth" versions of certain cues when it was obvious that it was just a placeholder during development.

I had this done when the game first came out, but I hard time with a cover for it, and I kept on putting it off and off until my hard drive crashed. Had to redo everything, but it is coming out for real this time.

So stay tuned for that.
    ( [Hidden link. Register to see links.] {Blog} ) ( [Hidden link. Register to see links.] {Custom Soundtrack Covers} ) ( [Hidden link. Register to see links.] {Soundtrack Reviews} )
    ( [Hidden link. Register to see links.] {13th Age Campaign and Setting Resource Site} )

Onion Kid
    looking forward to your edits. Good to have you back!

Well, it will be easier when I can actually extract all of the music files! CASC has really put a damper on things. Currently looking for an 8.0 listfile so I can extract all of the 7.3 music.

Onion Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Doublehex View Post
    Well, it will be easier when I can actually extract all of the music files! CASC has really put a damper on things. Currently looking for an 8.0 listfile so I can extract all of the 7.3 music.
    Inforcer seems to know about CASC, at least more than the rest of us do. Maybe try to hit him up? I've tried and couldn't get it to extract anything, let alone music.

MMO Champion also will include music when assets are updated within the game. Here's an [Hidden link. Register to see links.].

I've actually managed to already. 7.3 and 7.2 are done. Gonna do 7.1 before I upload them.

What I found is that Inforcer's rips had drastically changed the name of the files that are in the game already. The same goes for MMO Champion. I don't know what is up with that.

World of Warcraft - 8.0.0 (Beta)

Thanks to a user at MMO champions for the share. Only changes I have made are adding information to the ID3Tags. This includes creating title names from the actual file name (minus the MUS_80 part), fully spelling out the album name (i.e. WoW8 to World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth), and adding a simple album cover. File names themselves are unchanged. Until something better comes along, enjoy all.

Tracks: 369
    Covers: 1

Spoiler!

Why not in higher quality or lossless? MP3's extracted are only encoded at 160. Be a waste of time and space to re-encode them any higher without having the lossless source to begin with.

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Doublehex View Post
    What I found is that Inforcer's rips had drastically changed the name of the files that are in the game already. The same goes for MMO Champion. I don't know what is up with that.
    The ones I have received from MMO Champion, I have only altered the ID3 Tags. Otherwise the file naming is exactly at MMO Champion. It is strange why the files there are different from yours DoubleHex. BTW, is there a site where you get the latest listfile for the CASC viewer by chance? Seems like the one I have is way outdated, so I have been differing to others to grab the rips.

If you want to do your own digging around for WoW music, here is the listfile for the CASC viewer program. You can extract all of the music from 1.0 to 8.0 this way.

listfile (right click on "download" and go to "save file" or similar on your browser. Txt file is about 60 mb)

CASCExplorer (the viewer)

CASCExplorer Basic Instructions for Music Extraction (at least, this is what I do)

*Make sure to have the PTR version of WoW installed on your machine*
    Step 01 - Download CascExplorer and extract it to a folder of your choice. Desktop is fine.
    Step 02 - Download the listfile.txt above. Save it to the folder you created in step 1. Overwrite the listfile when prompted.
    Step 03 - Run CASCExplorer
    Step 04 - Click on File -> Open Online Storage -> WoW PTR. The program will download files it needs and eventually loads the listfile.
    Step 05 - Navigate to Root (Read Only) -> sound -> music
    Step 06 - Dig deeper from there for certain music files. Otherwise hightlight all and right click mouse. Go to extract. Follow last bit of steps and you should have all the music from the game in the folder you created.

Onion Kid
    Here's an album cover for people who like that sort of thing:

BATTLE FOR AZEROTH (patch 8.0.1 ~ )

Right-click, Save As... for 500x500 JPG file, click through for 1000x1000 PNG file.

(A long time ago on a page 11 far, far away, I had a huge post with album covers for all WoW patches that had new music added to the game. The Imgur account it linked to was lost so none of those links work anymore. However, I still have all the files (and have been updating them as each new patch is released) and will rebuild the post sometime in the future.)

Picking up from boojum's uploads, I have some of the music files he shared some time back ([Hidden link. Register to see links.]) from the CASC viewer instead of YouTube if people prefer that. Thanks for naming and sorting them boojum. I was able to find them very quickly in the CASCViewer as a result.

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by inforcer View Post
    World of Warcraft - 8.0.0 (Beta)

Thanks to a user at MMO champions for the share. Only changes I have made are adding information to the ID3Tags. This includes creating title names from the actual file name (minus the MUS_80 part), fully spelling out the album name (i.e. WoW8 to World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth), and adding a simple album cover. File names themselves are unchanged. Until something better comes along, enjoy all.

Tracks: 369
    Covers: 1

Spoiler!

Why not in higher quality or lossless? MP3's extracted are only encoded at 160. Be a waste of time and space to re-encode them any higher without having the lossless source to begin with.

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

The ones I have received from MMO Champion, I have only altered the ID3 Tags. Otherwise the file naming is exactly at MMO Champion. It is strange why the files there are different from yours DoubleHex. BTW, is there a site where you get the latest listfile for the CASC viewer by chance? Seems like the one I have is way outdated, so I have been differing to others to grab the rips.
    Music in archive not full
    My wishlist - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Also looking for old composers photo, sheet music and other stuff connected with Blizzard music.
    Man which published Warcraft Adventures

Quote Originally Posted by Reidor View Post
    Music in archive not full
    Do you know what's missing?