Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 267891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: The World of Warcraft Music Patch Thread

The new CASCViewer (0.20) was recently updated after about 6 months. Thus it is now displaying the World of Warcraft 7.1 Return to Karazhan score. Enjoy the direct rip from the game below.

Format: MP3 @ 160kbps
    Tracks: 31
    Covers: 2 (custom)

Spoiler!

Why MP3? Only way to extract it.

Why not lossless? It is encoded as 160kpbs. Saving it in lossless would be a waste of time/space.
    Last edited by inforcer; 10-21-2017 at 11:41 PM.

Onion Kid
    Do the people who write the program maintain their own list file? Because other peoples' listfiles have had the filenames for a while now. I've been quietly working on properly tagged files for everything DoubleHex missed. (No idea how many of his links still work though.) Only piece of music currently missing is one of the Brawler's Guild tracks, I'm sure it'll get targeted eventually.
    Last edited by MAeron; 03-08-2017 at 04:17 AM.

Grand Shriner
    Thank you!

Onion Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by boojum View Post
    Since I have no idea how to access the WOW music files (even after trying CASCViewer), I went through the music provided by the youtube videos posted by MAeron. I just really love WOW music and want to keep this going.
    The music is linked below. Some notes first though:

- Admiral had mentioned that maybe some of the music from the jukebox is different. I didn't notice anything but feel free to reply if you see any changes from the old songs
    - the garrison jukebox music has been labeled (gjb) next to the song title since many of them share names with previous songs but are in fact medley's from the games
    - Eternal Holly Brew 03 sounds wildly different from the other Eternal Holly Brew variations
    - the third brawlers's guild song is listed as a song but it's more just a note
    - let me know if you see any problems and I'll try and fix them
    - Thanks to MAeron, Admiral, and Enforcer to help keep the WOW music alive!

Karazhan 7.1 - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Winter Veil - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    WOW garrison jukebox - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Brawler's Guild - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Same here, man. Decryption key needed .

Shriner
    Okay, hopefully this fixed all that awful decryption key mess:

Karazhan 7.1 - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Winter Veil - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    WOW garrison jukebox - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Brawler's Guild - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Tomb of Sargeras - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Last edited by boojum; 03-09-2017 at 09:59 PM. Reason: added link for Tomb of Sargeras

Thanks, boojum! I was missing some files from 7.1!

Shriner
    Tomb of Sargeras is up. Some of these, especially the longer ones (like Cathedral of the Night and Shackled) seem to be several smaller songs or variations of the same song joined together.

Hoping MAeron or someone else comes up with some more awesome artwork!

Onion Kid
    Tomb of Sargeras is up. Some of these, especially the longer ones (like Cathedral of the Night and Shackled) seem to be several smaller songs or variations of the same song joined together.

Hoping MAeron or someone else comes up with some more awesome artwork!
    I have the ToS logo, I'm waiting for Blizzard to release official artwork I can use for the background. And I'm going to wait for Patch 7.2 to be released to the public. Also, please make sure people know that your zips are ripped from YouTube and not the actual game files.

Some of these, especially the longer ones (like Cathedral of the Night and Shackled) seem to be several smaller songs or variations of the same song joined together.
    Yes, this is how Blizzard has formatted the music in WoW since the beginning. The game has scripts to tell it when and where to play what music, for how long, in what order, etc. The idea is that you randomly here one of the variations of a song at a randomly chosen time. It also depends on what you're doing in the game.
    Last edited by MAeron; 03-10-2017 at 10:55 PM.

Thanks for the heads-up, MAeron. Yeah, knowing this comes from YouTube does put a damper on things :-) Guess I'll wait for proper rips...

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by MAeron View Post
    Also, please make sure people know that your zips are ripped from YouTube and not the actual game files.
    Sure thing.
    Is there a drop in audio quality? I don't know much about audio fidelity. I just really like WOW music and am sad they don't release it.
    Last edited by boojum; 03-13-2017 at 01:06 AM. Reason: added info

Onion Kid
    Sure thing.
    Is there a drop in audio quality? I don't know much about audio fidelity. I just really like WOW music and am sad they don't release it.
    Probably not since it's 160kbps audio. Though the files are VBR, so it doesn't take a lot of redubbing before the highs and lows turns to complete garbage. Also, I've spotted cutting errors and other oddities in the music uploaded to YouTube vs music extracted from the game.

Blizzard does release limited CD versions of the soundtracks for each expansion, but most people would never get the opportunity to buy them. And the final tracks are medleys of only the most prominent songs they wrote, nor do they include the different variations you can hear while playing the game.

The amount of music featured in World of Warcraft is staggering compared to most games so it is a shame that there's no official way to enjoy it elsewhere.

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by MAeron View Post
    Probably not since it's 160kbps audio. Though the files are VBR, so it doesn't take a lot of redubbing before the highs and lows turns to complete garbage. Also, I've spotted cutting errors and other oddities in the music uploaded to YouTube vs music extracted from the game.

Blizzard does release limited CD versions of the soundtracks for each expansion, but most people would never get the opportunity to buy them. And the final tracks are medleys of only the most prominent songs they wrote, nor do they include the different variations you can hear while playing the game.

The amount of music featured in World of Warcraft is staggering compared to most games so it is a shame that there's no official way to enjoy it elsewhere.
    Okay, gotcha. So we'll probably have to wait till Inforcer uploads them from the CASC viewer. Thanks for explaining.

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by TS2000 View Post
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

I feel I should mention that Neal Acree has been uploading a series of previously unreleased tracks to cinematics from the game on his youtube channel. This is stuff that pretty much isn't rippable unless you wanna get into tricky audio editing.

Edit: He's also taken requests before, so if there are any tracks you're itching to hear, it might not be a bad idea to leave a comment on one of his more recent videos.
    Ooh, shoot guys. Did anyone manage to download Neal's videos? It looks like all his WoW cinematic music is gone.

Checking his Soundcloud page, his stuff there's been purged too. He was the only one who was able to give us clean audio of these tracks, but I'm guessing a higher up didn't like him doing it.

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by TS2000 View Post
    Ooh, shoot guys. Did anyone manage to download Neal's videos? It looks like all his WoW cinematic music is gone.

Checking his Soundcloud page, his stuff there's been purged too. He was the only one who was able to give us clean audio of these tracks, but I'm guessing a higher up didn't like him doing it.
    I didn't grab it in time either :/

The new CASCViewer (0.21) was recently updated after about 6 months. Thus it is now displaying the World of Warcraft 7.2 The Tomb of Sargeras score. Enjoy the direct rip from the game below.

Tracks: 45
    Covers: 1 (title. needs work)

Spoiler!

Why MP3? Only way to extract it.

Why not lossless? It is encoded as 160kpbs. Saving it in lossless would be a waste of time/space.

What is with the names? It is a direct rip. I just made the tag names the file names. Feel free to change them if you do not like it.
    Last edited by inforcer; 08-05-2017 at 09:17 AM.

Grand Shriner
    Thanks!!!!

Thanks, as always, inforcer!

Guys, 7.3 came out with great music, I'm wondering if it's already rip-able? Thank you so much for the rips all of these years!

Nobody got an rip from the patch? Some lovely music in there

Shriner
    Inforcer seems to be the only one that does this. I've tried using CASC viewer to pull the files out before, but to no avail.

Red face

Inforcer seems to be the only one that does this. I've tried using CASC viewer to pull the files out before, but to no avail.
    thanks four your effort though

Once CASC viewer is updated beyond 0.21, we should be able to get the music to 7.3. At least in the past when a new WoW patch is released, CASC viewer needs to be updated in order to extract the new music. Likely to do with the "listfile.txt" that someone else creates. That is my guess.

Since CASCViewer hasn't updated with the latest patch, I did some searching online. Found a user who extracted 51 music files for the 7.3 patch and shared each individual song in an embeded music player. I downloaded all 51, updated some of the MP3 tags, made a quick custom cover, and packaged it. I haven't had any issues playing them so all should be good. Enjoy!

Tracks: 51
    Covers: 1 (custom)

Spoiler!

Why MP3? Only way to extract it from the game files

Shriner
    Nice work.

Shriner
    Thanks Inforcer!