Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: The World of Warcraft Music Patch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AeronPrometheus View Post
    Does it tell you when you rip the music out of the game? Or are you using another source?

It came from when I ripped the music using the CASCViewer, so I just kept it.

Onion Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by inforcer View Post
    It came from when I ripped the music using the CASCViewer, so I just kept it.
    Good to know, thank you.

To bring over another post, here are some of the expansions ripped using the CASCViewer

Here they are:

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Just an FYI to all. All the game music can be extracted using the CASC Viewer (from 1.0 to present).

CASC Viewer (WoW and all Blizzard Games) -> [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Spoiler!

Since Blizzard is allowing users to pre-load the Legion expansion, I have ripped the music for Legion using CASCViewer. As with my other posts this is a direct rip. The files have tags, but the filenames remain intact as they were ripped. Please fill free to do with them as you wish. I have included a cover file for the artwork. Someone who would like to actually make a better cover please do so.

Tracks: 270
    Format: MP3
    Bitrate: 160kbps

Spoiler!

Why not FLAC? Well it is simple. The rip is only 160kbps MP3s. FLAC would be a waste of space. I would wait for the official release to grab a FLAC copy then.

Why not 320kbps MP3 or higher quality? The files are a direct rip from the game files. They were encoded as 160kbps. You can convert them to 320kbps but that would be, again, a waste of time and space.
    Last edited by inforcer; 07-23-2016 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Done uploading

Shriner
    Thank you for the upload.

I've got to say, I love the amount of thematic reprisals in Legion. I'm hearing things from just about every expansion. The new material is fantastic too. Anduin's motif has got to be one of the finest themes I've heard all year.

Onion Kid
    Thank you. Can't wait for Return to Karazhan's music.

Edit: There are several tracks labeled as being from 6.2, are they updated versions of the original audio or was that just a mistake?
    Last edited by MAeron; 08-19-2016 at 11:42 PM.

Grand Shriner
    Anyone got the beta rip for legion?

Quote Originally Posted by inforcer View Post
    Since Blizzard is allowing users to pre-load the Legion expansion, I have ripped the music for Legion using CASCViewer. As with my other posts this is a direct rip. The files have tags, but the filenames remain intact as they were ripped. Please fill free to do with them as you wish. I have included a cover file for the artwork. Someone who would like to actually make a better cover please do so.
    Thanks for posting this. I haven't looked into these WoW stuff in ages. Was surprised to hear a seemingly full ensemble present in just about every random cue I sampled. They used to reserve live musicians for special moments only.

Another surprise is the presence of a track by Tracy W. Bush, whom I haven't heard a note by since the first WoW game launched 12 years ago. It is clearly recycled from WarCraft 3 but still good. Wish he'd make a return to Blizzard like Jason Hayes did. The old team used to deliver more quality tunes than this... army they have got assembled right now. Though Neal Acree's still going strong.

Onion Kid

Cool Custom album covers for World of Warcraft Complete In-Game Soundtracks

Here is the complete collection of artwork I made for the various expansions and patches for World of Warcraft music found in-game. Based on the artwork done by Doublehex. The preview images are all 500x500 JPGs, click on each cover to get 1000x1000px uncompressed PNGs. As time goes on, I will update this master post with revisions and additional artwork with future patches and expansions.

These are only album covers, there is no music in this post.

World of Warcraft Complete In-Game Soundtrack
    custom album covers

(Imgur Galleries: [Hidden link. Register to see links.] / [Hidden link. Register to see links.])

WORLD OF WARCRAFT (patch 1.1 ~ 1.12)
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Left: Artists featured in the release patch only. - Right: Artists featured in the entire expansion.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

THE BURNING CRUSADE (patch 2.0.3 ~ 2.4)
    Left: Artists featured in the release patch only. - Right: Artists featured in the entire expansion.

WRATH OF THE LICH KING (patch 3.0.3 ~ 3.3.5)

Left: Alliance "Operation: Gnomeregan" version. - Right: Horde "Zalazane's Fall" version.

CATACLYSM (patch 4.0.3a ~ 4.3)

MISTS OF PANDARIA (patch 5.0.4 ~ 5.4)

Left: Alliance "Operation: Shieldwall" version. - Right: Horde "Dominance Offensive" version.

WARLORDS OF DRAENOR (patch 6.0.3 ~ 6.2)

Left: Alliance "Lunarfall" version. - Right: Horde "Frostwall" version.

LEGION (patch 7.0.3 ~ 7.3.5)
    Left: Artists featured in the release patch only. - Right: Artists featured in the entire expansion (a new high score!).

Left: Alliance "Bizmo's Brawlpub" version. - Right: Horde "Brawl'gar Arena" version.

Left: Micro-holiday version. - Right: Blight Boar concert version.

Left: Alleria & Turalyon version. - Right: Sargeras version.

BATTLE FOR AZEROTH (patch 8.0.1 ~ )

Update log:
    Code:
    2018.08.15 - Fixed all broken links and re-uploaded all artwork with a laundry list of changes, corrections, and tweaks. Updated the list of cover to include up to Battle for Azeroth patch 8.0.1.

2017.03.11 - Corrected Level 70 Elite Tauren Chieftain artist name on both Patch 2.x & Patch 2.1.2's credits (no S at the end of the group name).

2017.03.08 - Added Shelly Guidotti to Patch 7.1's credits. She co-authored "Winter Holiday" with Edo Guidotti. Aww...

2017.03.04 - Removed Derek Duke from Patch 1.11's credits and created new covers for Patches 1.5 & 1.12, which is when the "vanilla" PvP music was actually introduced into the game.

2017.02.20 - Recreated Patch 2.1.2's cover with artwork from that time period (official Blizzard logo). Minor text alignment fix on Patch 6.2's credits.

2017.02.14 - Added Glenn Stafford to Patch 1.1's credits.

2017.01.12 - Added cover for Patch 7.1.5: "Brawler's Guild" (Official Blizzard patch art).

2017.01.09 - Completely rebuilt the entire collection from scratch. I have lost track of how many enhancements and corrections were made, every single cover has been improved in some way. Either higher resolution artwork was used and/or it was realigned or the credits for that patch were corrected (yet again), based on my research into what music was added to WoW and when. There are a number of new additions as well:

- Patch 2.1.2: "Power of the Horde" is when the Elite Tauren Chieftains concert was added to Outlands, prior to becoming a feature of the Darkmoon Faire, featuring the song "Power of the Horde".

- Patch 2.2: Voice Chat! is when the inn and tavern music got overhauled. Prior to that patch, there was a very small amount of music repeated across the different races' rest areas.

- Patch 3.3.3: "Obsidian Sanctum" apparently saw missing music added to the Obsidian Sanctum instance during the last days of Wrath of the Lich King.

- Patch 6.1: The Garrison Update was a bit of mystery (Look further down this thread for a dedicated post about it), but the tl;dr is that there was only one piece of music added for that patch; "Invincible", from Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. The rest of the music used for the Garrison jukebox already existed in-game.

- Patch 7.0.3: Legion's cover has been finally finalized.

- Patch 7.1: Return to Karazhan's cover has been added.

2016.09.12 - Corrected the artists on Patch 5.4, added expansion version of Warlords of Draenor. (Single largest number of artists tapped for an individual expansion's soundtrack - Only three WoW artists did not have their music featured in WoD: Joseph Lawrence, Jeremy Soule, & Matt Uelmen.)

2016.09.11 - Updated Patch 1.1 & 1.x's logo with a sharper version, added missing artist David Arkenstone to Shadow of the Necropolis patch cover (Fire Festival music added in patch 1.11), Created two different covers for Patch 1.1, 3.0.3, and 5.0.4. One containing the artists featured in the music released at the launch of those expansions, and one containing the artists featured throughout that entire expansion.

2016.08.29 - Added artists to The Garrison Update covers, removed the title from the Operation: Gnomeregan & Zalazane's Fall faction covers and created a generic cover with a title.

2016.08.21 - Uploaded covers for World of Warcraft in-game music rips. These covers fix a lot of errors with DoubleHex's own music archives such as crediting the wrong artist or attributing music to the wrong release patch. It is assumed you know where everything goes.
    If you spot a mistake, please let me know and I will fix it as soon as possible.
    Last edited by MAeron; 08-15-2018 at 02:41 AM. Reason: Entire collection completely redone and re-uploaded.

Thanks for sharing!

A gazillion thanks for the Legion rip, Inforcer!

Onion Kid
    If someone could extract the Music Rolls from patch 6.1, that would be great. All of the tracks are repeats of older music, but they also seem to be excerpts and rearranges that sound slightly different from the original versions. And in-game they are unique music files.

All of the songs can be heard here (The YouTube page has a rundown of all the tracks): [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Oddball selection. A lot of the tracks have alternate titles to what they are called in-game or the official soundtracks. Tracks like Stormwind, Ironforge, Orgrimmar, and others are the old versions from the original version of WoW. Whereas Gnomeregan is from Operation: Gnomeregan and later Cataclysm and The Zandalari is from The Thunder King, as opposed to Rise of the Zandalari.
    Last edited by MAeron; 01-12-2017 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MAeron View Post
    If someone could extract the Music Rolls from patch 6.1, that would be great. All of the tracks are repeats of older music, but they also seem to be excerpts and rearranges that sound slightly different from the original versions. And in-game they are unique music files.

I assembled a tracklist of all 40 music rolls added in patch 6.1:

Oddball selection. A lot of the tracks have alternate titles to what they are called in-game or the official soundtracks. Tracks like Stormwind, Ironforge, Orgrimmar, and others are the old versions from the original version of WoW. Whereas Gnomeregan is from Operation: Gnomeregan and later Cataclysm and The Zandalari is from The Thunder King, as opposed to Rise of the Zandalari.

All of the songs can be heard here (The YouTube page has a rundown of all the tracks): [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    I would also be very much interested in this!

Onion Kid
    After going through the game files myself, I came to the realization that all of the music compilations accessible through the Jukebox menu are just scripts that call to the original music files that are already in the game. All of the music that has ever been in World of Warcraft is still in World of Warcraft, even if it's not able to be heard anywhere. There wasn't any unique audio files for the list of jukebox tracks... except for one; Invincible. This song is originally from Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne and even though it's been heard in small pieces in different music in Wrath of the Lich King, the whole song itself had never been in World of Warcraft until Patch 6.1: The Garrison Update. Where is all the other Garrison music? Scattered everywhere in the game files (which have already been ripped).

I've updated my album cover for patch 6.1 accordingly (I've actually updated everything [Hidden link. Register to see links.]).

Since there is no data rip for 7.1 or 7.1.5 yet, here are youtube links with all the known music.

Patch 7.1 music:
    Karazhan
    Music heard in the new Karazhan instance ([Hidden link. Register to see links.])
    "Karazhan Vortex" / Russell Brower
    "Karazhan Vision" / Russell Brower
    "Game Man's Hall" / Russell Brower
    "Guardian's Library" / Russell Brower
    "Viz’aduum" / Russell Brower

Music heard at the end of the new Karazhan instance ([Hidden link. Register to see links.])
    "Bonds of Fate" / Jason Hayes & Neal Acree

Feast of Winter Veil
    Music heard near the Christmas tree in Ironforge or Orgrimmar and the Greench cave in Hillsbrad, during the Feast of Winter Veil as of patch 7.1. ([Hidden link. Register to see links.])
    "Winter Holiday" / Edo Guidotti
    "Eternal Holly Brew" / Edo Guidotti

Diablo 20th Anniversary Event
    Music heard when interacting with the Twelve-String Guitar, a toy dropped during the Diablo 20th anniversary event. ([Hidden link. Register to see links.])
    "Tristram Guitar" / Matt Uelmen

Patch 7.1.5 music:
    Brawler's Guild
    Music heard when in Bizmo's Brawlpub or Brawl'gar Arena as of patch 7.1.5. ([Hidden link. Register to see links.])
    "The Beat" / Derek Duke
    "Drop (One Shot)" / Derek Duke
    "Drop the Bass" / Derek Duke

If you want to make offline backups of YouTube videos to tide you over, [Hidden link. Register to see links.] is a good place to start.
    Last edited by MAeron; 03-07-2017 at 07:47 PM.

Onion Kid
    Can anyone please upload Patch 7.1 music?

Shriner
    Since I have no idea how to access the WOW music files (even after trying CASCViewer), I went through the music provided by the youtube videos posted by MAeron. I just really love WOW music and want to keep this going.
    The music is linked below. Some notes first though:

- Admiral had mentioned that maybe some of the music from the jukebox is different. I didn't notice anything but feel free to reply if you see any changes from the old songs
    - the garrison jukebox music has been labeled (gjb) next to the song title since many of them share names with previous songs but are in fact medley's from the games
    - Eternal Holly Brew 03 sounds wildly different from the other Eternal Holly Brew variations
    - the third brawlers's guild song is listed as a song but it's more just a note
    - let me know if you see any problems and I'll try and fix them
    - Thanks to MAeron, Admiral, and Enforcer to help keep the WOW music alive!

Karazhan 7.1 - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Winter Veil - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    WOW garrison jukebox - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Brawler's Guild - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Last edited by boojum; 03-08-2017 at 11:51 AM. Reason: update links

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by boojum View Post
    Since I have no idea how to access the WOW music files (even after trying CASCViewer), I went through the music provided by the youtube videos posted by MAeron. I just really love WOW music and want to keep this going.
    The music is linked below. Some notes first though:

- Admiral had mentioned that maybe some of the music from the jukebox is different. I didn't notice anything but feel free to reply if you see any changes from the old songs
    - the garrison jukebox music has been labeled (gjb) next to the song title since many of them share names with previous songs but are in fact medley's from the games
    - Eternal Holly Brew 03 sounds wildly different from the other Eternal Holly Brew variations
    - the third brawlers's guild song is listed as a song but it's more just a note
    - let me know if you see any problems and I'll try and fix them
    - Thanks to MAeron, Admiral, and Enforcer to help keep the WOW music alive!

Karazhan 7.1 - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Winter Veil - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    WOW garrison jukebox - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Brawler's Guild - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Whats the decryption key?

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by defeater View Post
    Whats the decryption key?
    I specifically chose no decryption on the site so it would be easy to download. Which link are you having trouble with?

Grand Shriner
    I specifically chose no decryption on the site so it would be easy to download. Which link are you having trouble with?
    7.1 link is telling me i need a decryption key

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by defeater View Post
    7.1 link is telling me i need a decryption key
    Okay, I updated the link. See if that works.

Grand Shriner
    Okay, I updated the link. See if that works.
    It still tells me the same thing

Grand Shriner
    I also get the same "decryption key needed" message ...

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mincharro View Post
    I also get the same "decryption key needed" message ...
    When I logged back into Mega it said the file was decrypted. Weird. Hopefully I fixed it and updated the link again. Let me know if it works.

Grand Shriner
    Err... nope, it does not .

Shriner

I feel I should mention that Neal Acree has been uploading a series of previously unreleased tracks to cinematics from the game on his youtube channel. This is stuff that pretty much isn't rippable unless you wanna get into tricky audio editing.

Edit: He's also taken requests before, so if there are any tracks you're itching to hear, it might not be a bad idea to leave a comment on one of his more recent videos.
    Last edited by TS2000; 02-24-2017 at 06:33 PM.