• FFXIII

1 1.54%
  • Other

2 3.08%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite Final Fantasy

jen' jari iv tave sith Darth Revan's Avatar

Your Favorite Final Fantasy

Just like the other Poll, but opposite. What's your Favorite Final Fantasy game and Why? Same list groupings as the other Poll.

There's quite a few I enjoy, but FFVIII wins for me due to sentimental value as well that I did enjoy the game. The music suited the game well, and while some of the characters had the personality of a brick wall (Squall) or hyperactive monkeys (Selphie), they meshed well together. True the Junction system has it's flaws, but so does the Sphere Grid and other leveling systems.

The Code of the Sith
    Nw l kash zo tash antai kash tik sh sot.
    Pro sh sot nu gauti ty k
    Pro ty k nu gauti midwan
    Pro midwan nu gauti pergaleas
    Pro pergaleas nuyak aras svistuis
    Tave qy sik sekleti won nun

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

I'm going to have to go with nostalgia on this one. FFVIII was the first of the series i was introduced to in 99'. I was taken for quite the ride. Alot of people i noticed have so much disdain for this game and i never completely understood why. For me it represents everything a game should have and more. (sprites excluded). The mini-game alone spawned an entire cult following. The game follows the heart, literally takes you on a journey turning apathy into compassion. The music really set the tone in every situation and composed to perfection. So i have to agree on the sentimental value part. The game (for me) has to many pluses to be overlooked.
    Fear or revere me, but please, think i'm special -Revolver-

A culture cannot evolve without honest, powerful storytelling. Robert McKee

Since you added the Ivalice Collection I voted for that. Though I would separate it, because S-E ruined it with the TAdvance series & spin-offs-
    V for Valhalla

jen' jari iv tave sith Darth Revan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by topopoz View Post
    Since you added the Ivalice Collection I voted for that. Though I would separate it, because S-E ruined it with the TAdvance series & spin-offs-
    I thought about it, but with only 10 slots free for polls, I had to make do with how I could while also having as many options available.

Quote Originally Posted by Revan View Post
    I thought about it, but with only 10 slots free for polls, I had to make do with how I could while also having as many options available.
    It's all right then, Because I think you would gave it the same treatment for the Milked VII compilation.
    Boy oh Boy S-E knows no bounds when they ruin their own stuff.

Ultros' New Sidekick JohnnyMercyside's Avatar
    Final Fantasy IX, my favourite story, best set of characters, I love the atmosphere of the game, I love the mixing of old and new style FF gaming, it's just phenomenal.
    "You don't need a reason to help people."

I play old school games every Sunday 8pm GMT on Twitch, come say hi! [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

I also agree with the VIII votes. In my opinion it is by far the best. I liked the storyline to it even though the characters were like chalk and cheese. The junctioning system was not the best but it did allow a lot of flexibility which I liked the only one I found more adaptable was the Materia system but that was also one of FFVII's greatest flaws in my eyes.
    The Trick is to quit while you are still ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Boink View Post
    I also agree with the VIII votes. In my opinion it is by far the best. I liked the storyline to it even though the characters were like chalk and cheese. The junctioning system was not the best but it did allow a lot of flexibility which I liked the only one I found more adaptable was the Materia system but that was also one of FFVII's greatest flaws in my eyes.
    Junction System is a broken customization system. But it is a fun one that I have to admit.

Quote Originally Posted by topopoz View Post
    Junction System is a broken customization system. But it is a fun one that I have to admit.
    Thats very true but compared to the others bar VII it was by far the most flexible for me and I also loved all the GF's they were so cool back then. Still makes me chuckle now. Eden most of all cause you can make a cup of tea in the duration of that summon.

You can boost to 250 and still have plenty of time left over~

Yeah it may be the most flexible but that was it's weakness as well.

In VIII it's better for you to not battle mobs, fight only the bosses & the rest transform them into cards of you want to build your GF's Skills.
    30-40 minutes of drawing spells & then you can win the game without making a fuzz of anything.
    Another thing that was pretty broken in VIII's battles was the Limit Breaks.
    Summoning was pointless & using magic isn't really necesary almost in any battle, except for the Uberbosses.

Graphically speaking & the design of the GF's some were really gorgeous. Doomtrain & Diablos being the most bad-ass. That maybe the only reason to summon GF's. Oh & maybe Carbuncle & Cerberus are the only ones that I really used them for battle purposes.

This poll makes me a lot happier than that other one.

Quote Originally Posted by Neg View Post
    You can boost to 250 and still have plenty of time left over~
    That was the beauty of it~

Topopoz its true it was its downfall but I saw past how easy the game was and played it like I played it like I did every other leveling up as I went. I never went to 100 straight off and drew loads of spells as I think it just ruined the game.

Yeah, it's okay.
    I did that experience right in my first playthrough, but those days I didn't understand how things worked in most RPG's. No idea of strategy those days, just go hit, cast the most powerful shit & summon the most powerful demon. And for some of the final battles that kinda backfired, but I was young & n00b.
    By the second playthrough I took the time to understand stuff & I was more edgy & you can't possibly imagine my face after seeing the big holes on the gameplay.

I love VIII for all the wrong reasons, lol.
    But it's nowhere near to be my fauvorite or the best of the series IMO.

Ultros' New Sidekick JohnnyMercyside's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Basch fon Ronsenberg View Post
    This poll makes me a lot happier than that other one.
    Yup, that's because we're being optimistic rather than pessimistic, or rather, we should

Voted for the Ivalice collection because of Final Fantasy Tactics (War of the Lions). I also wish the GBA iterations weren't included under this umbrella, but the original is just that good - from amazing music to great customization to a beautiful story about war and politics, the original had it all (and even Cloud!). Final Fantasy XII also tipped the scales since I enjoyed FFXII's gambit system and story. It's unfortunate the characters weren't developed as much as the war was.

Having said that, FFVIII would have been my second vote. I just love the game's story, music, and junction system (it's very flexible and "easy" to abuse). The only thing I disliked about VIII was how just about everyone happened to be childhood friends... Just a bit crazy for me. Maybe if VIII was paired up with other iterations, I would've voted for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi Fire View Post
    Voted for the Ivalice collection because of Final Fantasy Tactics (War of the Lions). I also wish the GBA iterations weren't included under this umbrella, but the original is just that good - from amazing music to great customization to a beautiful story about war and politics, the original had it all (and even Cloud!). Final Fantasy XII also tipped the scales since I enjoyed FFXII's gambit system and story. It's unfortunate the characters weren't developed as much as the war was.
    Nice to see another Ivalician Supporter, although everything that isn't FFT, XII or Vagrant Story, sucks IMO. These 3 titles in particular are fauvorites among my whole Video Game Library.

Did you played Vagrant Story?

◄lȯ̡̮̩̥̝̹͚͕̝ͪ̅̐̀̚̚lico̓̄ ͉̲͈̻̣̀͐̇ͯ͗n► Argus Zephyrus's Avatar
    I voted for FFVII because it was the first one I played.
    I would prefer to vote for all of them except for X/X-2, XIII, and XI/XIV, which I haven't played.
    I haven't played any of the FFVII spinoffs either or Ivalice collection except for Revenant Wings.
    I've had lots of fun with all the FF games I've played so far. =]
    Happy memories.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.].
    Alternatively,
    if you're an idiot, click [Hidden link. Register to see links.].

Banned
    has to be the original tactics for me. replayed it numerous times and i never get tired of it, unlike other final fantasies.

Quote Originally Posted by Basch fon Ronsenberg View Post
    This poll once made me a lot happier than that other one.

Banned
    even when only 20 ppl have voted?

I Am The One They Call: Meowth Mixer Tanis's Avatar
    While I respect and have loads of nostalgia for the classics like FF1 (1st RPG I ever played), FF4 (1st RPG I ever beat), and FF6 (A TRUE classic).
    That all being said...

FF8 has stuck with me all these years as just a fun game that I can play over and over again.
    The story is mixed (Amnesia - WTF?) but the CGI cut-scenes more than make up for it (the ending with 'Eyes On Me' playing - fuck).
    The OST is fantastic - Again with the 'Eyes On Me' and 'Ride On' and 'Man With A Machine Gun' and 'Fisherman's Horizon' and...
    The characters were decent enough - no really 'bad' ones - Also, where do you think the 'Lionheart' comes from?
    The battle system was a bit broken, but was, again, fun - like FF2, but not as bad.

It's like Chrono Cross - I know the previous game, Chrono Trigger, is better overall...but CC has just been more fun for me to play and has better replay.

I think it also has to do with when it came out, or at least when I played it.
    During that time period I did a lot of first in my life.

First time I read a Dragonlance book (other half of my name) and understood what was going on.
    First time I dated a girl.
    First time I saw anime, and new it was anime.
    First time I downloaded something from Napster (It was 'Yoko Kanno - Shadow of Doubt')
    First time I wrote any kind of poetry or lyrics and met it.
    First time I questioned my religious believes.
    First time I bought a 'M' rated game without hiding it - okay, so it was my dad who gave me the cash but w/e.
    First time I started listening to 'harder' music (IE: When I was a kid all I listed to was pop (Christiana Aguilera and pussy rock (Tom Petty).
    First time I ever got online at all.

Good times and nostalgia glasses galore.

Somebody needs negative rep for calling Tom Petty a pussy

Not Neg rep.

I Am The One They Call: Meowth Mixer Tanis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neg View Post
    Somebody needs negative rep for calling Tom Petty a pussy Not Neg rep.
    It's true. While I still dig his music, it's not too far above 'The Backstreet Boys' when it comes to hardness.

lol Hardness. Sound like a 15 year old trying to sound badass.

Like what you like. Who cares how "hard" it is. What a useless imaginary construct.