• FFXIII

1 1.54%
  • Other

2 3.08%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your Favorite Final Fantasy

Heal the body, heal the heart... Enkidoh's Avatar
    I agree with everything the above poster said. 100%

FFXI is about the only FF game I still play regularly though (due to it being online and essentially endless).
    enkffxisig-new-small

Shriner
    After seven years and almost a year of playtime logged in, I gotta go with FFXI.

jen' jari iv tave sith Darth Revan's Avatar
    I tried to play FFVIII the other day, and I guess my tastes have changed... I mean, I still do like it and have fond memories attached to it... but it doesn't 'grab me' like it used to. TBH, all the console FF's I can't play any more, and I have tried. They are great games all of them (except for the PS2 generation +... ), however I can't play them. Like Enkidoh, I play FFXI on a fairly regular basis and still enjoy it.

The Code of the Sith
    Nw l kash zo tash antai kash tik sh sot.
    Pro sh sot nu gauti ty k
    Pro ty k nu gauti midwan
    Pro midwan nu gauti pergaleas
    Pro pergaleas nuyak aras svistuis
    Tave qy sik sekleti won nun

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Shriner
    The only Final Fantasy games I'm really into are the Ivalice offerings, and XI. Never got into them, and I wouldn't have even played them if it weren't for The Black Mages. One of my friends turned me onto them after hearing me listen to some rock arranges of C64 music, and I was all 'Uhm, wtf is this shit IT IS AWESOME', then I played the games to see what the fuss was about, was very meh, then continued to listen to the my god this story is boring and no one cares.

If all you've played are the Ivalice games and Final Fantasy Online Vol. 1 (I refuse to acknowledge it as part of the main series), you're really missing out. The best Final Fantasy games came before FFX. Well, in my opinion, anyway.

Onion Kid
    I still like Final Fantasy Tactics the most and it only got better in War of the Lions. I liked most of the other games but FFIV, FFVI and FFIX deserve special mentions for me. Never got myself into liking FFX much though..

FFVIII for sure. Mainly because of the soundtrack, but I also liked Triple Triad. Way cool. Gunblades rock.
    Ah Vienna...

If you have the greatest aim, keep it in your soul Almíranos's Avatar
    FF VIII and CC are the best so far. FF VIII because of the soundtrack, characters and GF system. CC for sentimental reasons (CC's cool).

And FF IX. (Obviously) Mainly because of Kuja....Martyr of Ambition.
    Omnia mala terra excitabat

I think 7 is the best/most memorable for me. It was the first FF I played (and probably the first video game I played seriously since like... mega man 2 =P), and the whole experience basically floored me (the Aerith scene with the holy (white) materia bouncing away will stay with me forever). I was kind of disappointed with VIII - don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, but the whole drawing system for magic kind of put me off. IX was excellent - thoroughly enjoyed it. Still love Melodies of Life FFX was a masterpiece to me as well, and I think Xs ending has to be one of the most emotional/best endings to any game I've played (Crisis Core had an excellent ending as well). VII and X are like 1 and 1A when it comes to my favourite FFs... I enjoyed XII - the gameplay to me is the probably the best of any FF, but I feel that the story came up short, especially at the end. XIII... I'd say of all the FFs since VII, I'd put XIII at the bottom. Gameplay wise I liked XII more (although I still think XIIIs gameplay is excellent), but from a storyline/emotional impact viewpoint, it just didn't connect with me like the other FFs. As for the previous FFs, I really enjoyed IV and V... III on the DS was kinda fun (Japanese III)... I and II were okay (played them on PSP)... I never finished VI - please don't flame me =P I mentioned it in a different post, but I couldn't get through the beginning of VI because the story lines kept switching depending on which character was up, and I kind of lost focus and probably went on to something else =P

So in essence, I'd probably rank them as VII, X, XII, IX, VIII, XIII, V, IV, III, II, I, VI.

Definitely have to go for FF IX, it's characters, story, soundtrack (omg the soundtrack) and the way Square returned to it's roots with this game just make it incredibly good for me, have played it tons of times and I'm playing it even again.

Btw I think all good FF's came before X, I mean sure, I enjoyed X and so did XII, but they were nowhere near IX or any before it, overall the ones I enjoyed the most were the PSX ones. oh and I cannot see how can someone vote FF XIII for their favourite FF, surely it must have been the only one s/he played, that game was crap.

FF IX. Kinda my 1st FF and RPG ever. I've Played almost all PSone FFs but still FF9 is my all

If you have the greatest aim, keep it in your soul Almíranos's Avatar
    oh and I cannot see how can someone vote FF XIII for their favourite FF, surely it must have been the only one s/he played, that game was crap.
    That explains it then... you're blind. Everyone is entitled to vote for their favourite they needn't enlighten you.

jen' jari iv tave sith Darth Revan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Almíranos View Post
    That explains it then... you're blind. Everyone is entitled to vote for their favourite they needn't enlighten you.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion Almíranos, and are allowed to express their like/dislike their own way.

Quote Originally Posted by Almíranos View Post
    sorry if it sounded somwhow offensive, it was not my intention!! I'm just frustrated and really dissapointed by the direction Square Enix is taking Final Fantasy and I totally hated that game, so yeah I'm awfully biased but believe me my intention was not to be offensive or anything hehe

For me, FFVIII is the best in the series by far. The intro, the characters, the music, the world, the history, and the end, all in this game is special. Very good memories.

Onion Kid
    Woaaah. This is a five years old topic, man. You are bumping an ancient!

FFVI is the best tho

Onion Kid
    Hard not to go with VII, with all the nostalgia built in, but FFVI was the best on many counts.

For the record FF XII was the one I invested more time and is by far my favorite. But of course, FF VII to IX are also huge candidates.
    フランジト

Check out my [Hidden link. Register to see links.] (unusual & rare stuff) : D

Although my favourite game is X-2. Not just because I liked Yuna, but because you could do the missions, in any order. Also the sub-games.

However there's a place in my heart, for VII. The first of the series, that I had ever played.