6 9.23%
  • FFXIII

1 1.54%
  • Other

2 3.08%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite Final Fantasy

Cool

Final Fantasy Tactics - War Of The Lions on the PSP. It has alot of new stuff on it. But the slowdown is SO PAINFUL!!!

I Am The One They Call: Meowth Mixer Tanis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neg View Post
    lol Hardness. Sound like a 15 year old trying to sound badass. Like what you like. Who cares how "hard" it is. What a useless imaginary construct.
    Eh, you know what I mean. George Carlin quote and all.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Shriner
    voted 8, playin it again now, i enjoy the characters, cgi, summons, Im a fan of the junctioning system and abilities learned by the GF's, i guess i dont dive into stuff enough to see why the combat is broken(not saying it isnt, just saying it isnt blatantly obvious to me). Some of my favorite limit breaks are in this game, just have some fun with The End.

Quote Originally Posted by tanis_lionheart View Post
    First time I read a Dragonlance book (other half of my name) and understood what was going on.
    I first read the Chronicles back in like, 90. I dig those books, except the newer ones. Wizards of The Coast bought TSR out, and quit making them, which really sucks.

I Am The One They Call: Meowth Mixer Tanis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XxJeremyxX View Post
    I first read the Chronicles back in like, 90. I dig those books, except the newer ones. Wizards of The Coast bought TSR out, and quit making them, which really sucks.
    I've got too much of a backlog to know.

I think they're still making new books, but at a slower pace, I don't see them killing DL (outside of shit games and movies which is hurting the franchise's image).

Playing FFIX made me feel taller.

Ultros' New Sidekick JohnnyMercyside's Avatar
    Yay, bring the vote to FF9!
    "You don't need a reason to help people."

I play old school games every Sunday 8pm GMT on Twitch, come say hi! [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Quote Originally Posted by tanis_lionheart View Post
    I've got too much of a backlog to know.

I think they're still making new books, but at a slower pace, I don't see them killing DL (outside of shit games and movies which is hurting the franchise's image).
    ah. I need to find all the books on the Kindle. that's about all I read with now. the Kindle is pure conveniece (sp) for me. I have the Twins series, and I believe all 3 of the first stories... I can't remember what they're called. one book has the old dwarf Dodson or whatever, and Dalamar. Dodson lived in a cave... yeah...
    The above statement is probably just my OPINION, so don't go all willy-nilly and bitch at me, m'kay? I believe I'm allowed to have that.

Anger and Hate are supreme... UltimaXemnas's Avatar
    Hi guys! I'm new to the forum, and this is the perfect topic to make my first post.

I'm surprised no one voted for the classics. I guess i had to be the first one xD To be specific my favorite has to be the NES masterpiece, Final Fantasy III. The first one i played, and after playing almost every title in the series, it's still the i enjoyed the most. I completed that game so many times because it really was something special. But the one thing that impresses me about this game is how complex it was for it's time. It was the first one that perfected the turn-based gameplay the series is known for, the first one that went beyond the levels for character development and the first one to have a really gripping storyline (at least in my opinion).

My second vote would go to Final Fantasy IX, another masterfully crafted game in every aspect. Third vote is a tie between Final Fantasy IV (another personal favorite) and Final Fantasy XII (the most underatted game of the series).

I noticed the most voted was VIII...oh well, opinions i guess
    "Denizens of Light, answer this: Why do you hate the darkness?", Xemnas

jen' jari iv tave sith Darth Revan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UltimaXemnas View Post
    I noticed the most voted was VIII...oh well, opinions i guess
    Welcome to the Forum. Leave your shoes at the door, cause your soul now belongs to us.

I can't speak for everyone who voted for VIII... but I have my own reasons as to my vote for VIII. A: Enjoyed the story. Somewhat cliched I admit, but still enjoyable. B: Solid battle system. C: Great musical score. D: it was the favorite FF of my partner of 8 years, when she passed away... well, sentimental reasons.

The Code of the Sith
    Nw l kash zo tash antai kash tik sh sot.
    Pro sh sot nu gauti ty k
    Pro ty k nu gauti midwan
    Pro midwan nu gauti pergaleas
    Pro pergaleas nuyak aras svistuis
    Tave qy sik sekleti won nun

I guess you have your opinion, and definitely have a good reason to be attached to the game...

If you liked III, or if you never played it, come check my youtube profile of the same name. I'm about to start a let's play of it, maybe you'll enjoy it

If you liked III, or if you never played it, come check my youtube profile of the same name. I'm about to start a let's play of it, maybe you'll enjoy it
    III was awesome for bringing Job system... I can't understand why it so fucking ignored...
    V for Valhalla

Quote Originally Posted by topopoz View Post
    III was awesome for bringing Job system... I can't understand why it so fucking ignored...
    Tell me about it. I was so happy when the DS version came out, i was like THANK FUCKING LORD xD. It's a really great remake, but i still prefer the NES original

Trouble Maker by Profession ultima_tales's Avatar
    I also voted ff8 because it's the first ff I played. It had the right balance, not too short characters, no whistling or universal emotions.

Laguna is the coolest character of all times. He becomes a president of a futuristic country. The background theme plays a guiro and offbeat notes with a bird whistle. That level of quirk gave the game an absolute advantage over the rest. Now then I didn't like how Nojima's :

"Block all the towns on disc 4/end of game formula"

That always killed the game, same for Xenogears. The whole fun comes from having a huge worldmap and a tiny flying ship that you have an actual usage to fly... To go from a place to another, with other NPCs, not Odin or his castle. xD

If not the ship is pretty pointless, it's like doing circles in a desert.

But yea, ever since building that complexity cutting the scenario and reverting from Squall to Laguna, having a blonde teacher with glasses as a character with a whip is absolute victory.

Selphie iis the first Mo character of all times? Creepy. . .
    Rinoa is great, especially since she fires her dog on her mechanical disc thrower.

I have to admit, any weapon is more useful than Wakka's rubber ball. Style it world champion or whatever.

FF8's got the best invocation ever: Crazy Train from Ozzy Osbourne, all status ailments damage epic!
    CV: I am an audio-visual freelance worker. Working on both 2D, 3D, Raster and Vector formats. I perform Image Editing and Manipulation, Animation, Visual Effects Creation and Editing.

<(^_^<) ^(^_^)^ (>^_^)> omega911's Avatar
    For me it is Final Fantasy VIII because of multiple reasons. I loved the characters and the music throughout the game. Also, it was the first RPG I ever played so it blew my mind.

Rinoa was pretty hot. same with Quistis... Selphie wasn't too bad either.

Final Fantasy X.

CTB System + Sphere Grid = 'Nuff said.

professional sun praiser ROKUSHO's Avatar
    honestly? ff8.
    ive played (but not beaten) all FF games except 11 and 14 (which ill never play, anyway). and yet, theres something about 8 that makes me like it. but i dont know what it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by HDHipHop1 View Post
    A lot of cereal nowadays is just candy dunked in milf.
    many of my posts are paid for by the department of redundancy deparment's payment
    as of recently and for the rest of winter, expect many typos. my hands are freezing during the night
    #gamefaqssupportswomenbeaters

I agree with you Will... if it wasn't for the sentimental attachment I have to VIII... I most probably would still have that as my favorite.

Stay away from FFXIV though... that's a damn abomination.

I think 13 is an abomination.

I think X is an abomination xD

Quote Originally Posted by XxJeremyxX View Post
    I think 13 is an abomination.
    I think X is an abomination xD
    While I may agree with you both, at least they are complete games. FFXIV was released with no content and numerous bugs, so when SE stated that gamers can play it for free til the PS3 version is released (or whatever, I don't know) and then they apologized for it, that says a lot about that 'game' imo.

voted FF7, a no brainer!

FFV first FF ive played and i loved the story and music

My favorite game...that's tough.

I think when it comes down to it, my favorite game overall is Final Fantasy VI. It just had everything: Great story, great characters who are all unique in their own way, awesome villain, cool memorable locations (the train!), one of the best musical scores of the series.

FFIV, VII and IX are close, though.