Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hiroki Kikuta works

Onion Kid
    I wish I could find Niizuma wa Sailor Fuku / Nice Life as Wife anywhere, but I can't. I'll continue my search - I've been trying to contact people on VGMdb to see if they might part with their original copies or rip and send them to me, but I haven't gotten any responses yet.

Update: I may be able to buy the game itself as part of a Puzzlebox collection from DLSite and try to rip the music.

Second Update: Holy jeezus the retarded hoops I had to jump through to get this were ridiculous, but it's downloading now. Once I have it installed, we'll see whether the music is in the game folder, or whether I need to go through the sound test and rip it through Audacity.

Third Update: I am able to extract the game data from the .xp3 file, but YOUR PRINCESS IS IN ANOTHER CASTLE. It's not a full collection, just a fucking demo collection.
    Fortunately, the full version seems to be available as well. This should be quicker. And a bit easier on the wallet. Yeah. (Kill me.)

Fourth Update: I'm having difficulty cracking the .arc file... let's try another extractor...

Fifth Update: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

I wanna mix this to loop each track twice... and it's also missing 1/2 of Fate's full and karaoke versions...
    Last edited by Iriscal; 09-22-2017 at 02:53 PM.

Onion Kid
    Thanks a lot Iriscal !

I've been looking for Nice Life As Wife Music too(and many people were asking for it).

Quote Originally Posted by Iriscal View Post
    I wish I could find Niizuma wa Sailor Fuku / Nice Life as Wife anywhere, but I can't. I'll continue my search - I've been trying to contact people on VGMdb to see if they might part with their original copies or rip and send them to me, but I haven't gotten any responses yet.

Update: I may be able to buy the game itself as part of a Puzzlebox collection from DLSite and try to rip the music.

Second Update: Holy jeezus the retarded hoops I had to jump through to get this were ridiculous, but it's downloading now. Once I have it installed, we'll see whether the music is in the game folder, or whether I need to go through the sound test and rip it through Audacity.

Third Update: I am able to extract the game data from the .xp3 file, but YOUR PRINCESS IS IN ANOTHER CASTLE. It's not a full collection, just a fucking demo collection.
    Fortunately, the full version seems to be available as well. This should be quicker. And a bit easier on the wallet. Yeah. (Kill me.)

Fourth Update: I'm having difficulty cracking the .arc file... let's try another extractor...

Fifth Update: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

I wanna mix this to loop each track twice... and it's also missing 1/2 of Fate's full and karaoke versions...
    wow, you absolute legend. thank you so much!
    i had this before my stuff got stolen (and before i had cloud back-up.. losing everything is a good way to learn). i'm not sure where i got it from as it seems to have fallen off the face of the internet since.
    did you say you got the whole Puzzlebox collection? does that include MoeNikki? because if so, could you rip that as well?
    i feel that "Sora no Iro, Mizu no Iro", "Sakura Relaxation", "Niidzuma wa Sailor Fuku" and "MoeNikki" are all done in the same style.. and are some of Hiroki Kikuta's finest works. same with MoeNikki - i had it and lost it

also, do you mind if i add the link to the first post?

and, lastly - i realize i haven't updated this in a while
    i've bought some more Kikuta stuff off Bandcamp since, give me a while and i'll upload them as well

finally - thanks for keeping this alive!

okay, updated
    these are the additions:

2013 - Jinrou Bansou Ongakushuu [Werewolf Game Music]
    2013 - PULSE PICO PULSE
    2014 - Integral Polyphony
    2014 - Vacuum Tube Girls Symphony
    2014 - Military Tune The Album

edit:
    ..and these

2014 - Prescription for Sleep: Game Music Lullabies
    2015 - SQUARE ENIX MUSIC Presents Life Style: relax
    2015 - Prescription for Sleep: Lullabies of Mana
    2016 - TRIBUTE TO RYU UMEMOTO ~ Music From YU-NO
    Others - MALAFRENA (Djent Progressive Metal Prototype)

enjoy
    Last edited by Veracocha; 09-26-2017 at 03:23 PM.

Onion Kid
    At some point in the future, I really hope NICE LIFE AS WIFE is rereleased.

For the time being, go ahead and add it as you please, but also at some point I will be editing the tracks to loop them at least twice and reuploading it.

For a lot of these tracks, the music seems to go through a more-or-less complete musical idea, then go off on its own thing - you can especially hear it in "Jump" and "United, You & I" and I have no idea if that's the complete track or if there's supposed to be more, since the game itself crashes shortly after starting a new game on my Win8.1 laptop. I'll try it on one of our older computers at work sometime later.

I thought it was a whole puzzlebox collection I was getting, but it was actually just a demo bundle, so no; I'm a fucking retard.

i'll tell you what
    i sent a mail to Hiroki Kikuta on his Bandcamp page requesting that he release all of his discography, including Metaphasic Child releases and odd soundtracks like MoeNikki, and he answered! he said he'd consider it!
    so hey, there's hope

i know in windows 10 there's a built-in function to "run in compability mode" were you can choose which system you want to emulate
    that's handy for older releases

oh, man
    sorry to hear that
    i still wake up screaming, reliving the moment where the MoeNikki soundtrack is taken from me. if only i'd uploaded it earlier..!

Shriner
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Kikuta releasing a new CD on 12/29.

If it's like his other CDs, it'll be sold on [Hidden link. Register to see links.] - I can barely read any of this, but I think they'll allow global orders if you pay through paypal. Maybe someone better than me can figure out how to buy from here, and grab Plastic Memories when it goes up?

it's so shit when they do that, release it only on the Japanese market and in an extremely limited pressing. Kikuta is especially bad for that, which is why his stuff is so hard to get.
    i messaged him on Bandcamp and asked him to release his full discography there, he even replied and said he'd consider it. hopefully he'll follow through and put this release there, but seeing his page, it doesn't seem like that many people buy his stuff; he might not consider it worth releasing there. fingers crossed

Shriner
    It's a personal, small label - he releases it at comiket because of the low overhead. It's not done out of malice, it's done out of cost-effectiveness.

fair enough, but
    Bandcamp is free

Shriner

Quote Originally Posted by RickAstley View Post
    thank you so much for this
    i'll update the discography here with links to your thread

Shriner

It's up for sale here. Anyone able to puzzle through it and order it for us?

Onion Kid
    Hey !

I have good news,so,i saw someone who had done reviews on rares Kikuta's CD's,i sent him a message on Twitter,here's the conversation :

Me : Hi man,i know it's old,i saw your reviews about Kikuta's rare CD's,if you can share these with me(Healing Breathing,Naven,Pattern Recognition...)i will be very happy,because when i try to buy them on online japanese stores,it doesn't work,can't choose France to buy.

Him : Hey,Kikuta-San(@Hiroki_Kikuta),you should post these all on Bandcamp! Let me know if I can help you with it.

Me : Thanks a lot for sending him the message,and he liked it,so there is hope that one day all his discography will be on Bandcamp,people in the west are waiting for that.

Him : Apparently a lot of work would need to be done to get the files ready for Bandcamp. We’re into the thick of it with Indivisible right now but stay tuned!

I have a funny theory about that,i think that Kikuta waits to lack inspiration to stop being so busy and start saying to himself "okay,now i can put all these 60 minutes+ of hardworking genius on Bandcamp available for the rest of the world,i need to blow,i'm tired".

Shriner
    Pattern Recognition.

Personal rip, a friend found me the CD. I found a bunch of others on Y!Auctions JP and other sites, but I am too poor for those. So, here's this at least.

Thank you, Rick. the small Hiroki Kikuta community is grateful, even though it mostly lurks and stays silent
    i'll update the discography with your links

Onion Kid
    Thanks a lot Rick again,i was so excited about Pattern Recognition.

Thanks for all the updates, here's little something for the collection

Shriner
    Two things
    A) [Hidden link. Register to see links.] This is the song kakonema just linked
    B) Oh my god I love you Kakonema, I could never find this CD.

You're welcome, actually i've found it somewhere couple years ago and realised just now that I still have it on my old hdd.

Onion Kid
    Thanks for Naven kako,i had the demo but not the real cd version.

there's been more community activity here in the last month than in the entirety of the thread's existence
    i'm moved!
    thank you everyone for contributing
    an especially big thank you to RickAstley and kakonema for their extremely hard to find contributions