Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 59101112131415

Thread: Why do so many people hate this game????

Grand Shriner
    At least the gameplay was more engaging in the 90s.

FF6 had arena fights, optional summons, and a good leveling up system.
    FF7 had a truckload more of mini games, plus 2 optional bosses.
    FF8 at least allowed you to explore, and had secret mini bosses, but i hate triple triad and the junction system.
    FF9 system was cool too.You learned abilities through items, and had class systems like ff4.
    FFX even has some sidequests, albeit extremely tedious and annoying.

FFXIII had none of this.Fans who love exploitation don't get that, only tedious level grinding that is less rewarding than ff8 and FFX.
    Story and characters suck.I can't stand hope, and wish i could side with barthandalus to kill hope, snow and lightning.I can bear the others, even vanille, but not hope,I refuse to buy FFXIII -2 if hope and lightning are in it, and i think they are.

I agree with Nostalgia gamer that the Final Fantasy games before XIII had a lot more playable content to it and more flexibility in exploration, but the paradigm battle system in FFXIII was an interesting change that I liked, along with the music.

However, one thing that really annoyed me was that if the leader of your party was KO'ed, your entire game was over...despite the fact the other members of your party were still alive. They fixed that in FFXIII-2, but it was a very strange and irritating nuance to have in its predecessor.

Grand Shriner
    Another thing that kind of annoys me, is how after battle you are full health.I remember stocking up on needles in FF1 for the nes, and antidotes, because there is a cave full of poisonous enemies, and negative stats stayed after battle.The monsters do look good though, and the world design is very well made.

I still prefer FFX though, just with there was nore variety in enemies.

I always buy a new Final Fantasy for mostly one reason : I love the graphics !
    Final Fantasy XII had a good story line,(maybe was it due to some good characters) but I was not very interested in the story of the XIII.(I found no real characters in it)
    And what is a game without a good story ? it's just fights and more fights.
    So I was a bit disappointed by the XIII but I surely don't hate the game.Just found it difficult to play (I was never a very good player )

I just started to play it and I felt bored by it, it's quite beautiful, it has outstanding graphichs and the music is superb... but it's too lineal...
    My wishlist of recording sessions in lossless

Zimmer - Gladiator
    Hamlisch - The Spy Who Loved Me
    Barry - Moonraker
    Newman - SPECTRE
    Vangelis - Alexander
    Williams - Star Wars Episode III
    Danna - The Expatriate/Erased
    Iglesias, Gregson-Williams & Jusid - Exodus: Gods and Kings

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

I understand what you mean by too linear,GreatKenji,but there should be some nice parts coming in the game.At least,the battle system is more flexible than before.Hope you'll have fun !

jen' jari iv tave sith Darth Revan's Avatar
    @DoeJean : I hate this game for multiple reasons: Far too linear path, unlikable and unmemorable characters, music subpar when compared with other FF's... I could go on (Like I have earlier in this thread... and have drawn a lot of hate for my own feelings on this game), but instead I'll link to a review of this game :

It's very rare for myself to agree 100% with a review, but I do with this one.
    Last edited by Darth Revan; 03-16-2013 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Fixed bold tags...

The Code of the Sith
    Nw l kash zo tash antai kash tik sh sot.
    Pro sh sot nu gauti ty k
    Pro ty k nu gauti midwan
    Pro midwan nu gauti pergaleas
    Pro pergaleas nuyak aras svistuis
    Tave qy sik sekleti won nun

Thanks for the review link ,Dart Revan ! I rarely laughed so much...and agreed
    Last edited by DoeJean; 03-23-2013 at 07:03 AM. Reason: mistake

I kinda understand the hate for 13 but can't see much reason behind the hate for 13-2 which I liked more than 13.

I personally don't like 13 because of the fact it's so linear and the battle system.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the storyline, and the music and atmosphere are AMAZING. I will play through it (and eventually 13-2 & Lighting Returns) Solely based on those facts.

But I'm really unhappy with the battle system, I thought when it was coming out that it would utilize a real-time battle system like Kingdom Hearts, or revert back to the ATB system, but no instead we got...THAT...THAT "Press A to win" bullshit.

I was not happy. In all honesty, I think with a change in the battle system, I'd be a lot happier, that's my only complaint really.

Quote Originally Posted by Sang Hee View Post
    I kinda understand the hate for 13 but can't see much reason behind the hate for 13-2 which I liked more than 13.
    This. Totally this. I think XIII-2 just gets hate because it's linked to the one before it. My feelings for XIII and XIII-2 and polar opposites, I hated XIII a lot, the characters didn't inspire me to care, the storyline was rubbish imo, the gameplay, the linearity, the lack of world, npcs, sidequests. There was nothing in XIII for me to like, in XIII-2 however, everything I just mentioned being missing from XIII was what I loved in XIII-2. The characters were far better, the storyline was interesting and had me in tears, there are sidequests aplenty, a world to interact with, the battles and character progression is far superior, and I like building monsters too. What's not to like? Even the music is great in XIII-2 unlike it's predecessor.

Grand Shriner
    And that raiden look alike whiny brat named hope.Good job in surpassing the bad square enix.You actually made a character more hated and annoying than quina, cait sith,yuffie,tidus and vaan.

I don't actually hate tidus or vaan, but cait sith does annoy me to no end, and i don't like quina at all either.Rinoa is also another character that annoys me.

What exactly didn't people like about FF13-2? I wasn't really that impressed with the locations but that's about it. The best thing for me was the narrow cast. Not having to switch between characters was a big plus for me and offered a better depth and understanding of them. I really hated in 8 how we got to constantly control different characters and FF13-2 was a good redemption for that.

To me it was a great game, IMHO.....
    (sorry, I did't see the date)
    Last edited by Bast4RDO; 09-28-2013 at 03:43 AM. Reason: (sorry, I did't see the date)
    Rydia is so cute, I love her! (Final Fantasy IV)