Thread: I.Q. (1994) - Jerry Goldsmith @320

I.Q. (1994) - Jerry Goldsmith @320

47 Minutes, 27 Seconds Running Time
    30 Tracks @320

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

This one totally blew me out of the park the other day.. It's probably the most underrated score of Goldsmith's career - simply beautiful
    Wishlist: Rest Stop 1 & 2 @320 (Bear McCreary), Batman Returns La-La Expanded (Elfman), Small Soldiers @320 (Goldsmith) Enough @320, Hot Fuzz Promo @320, Made In Dagenham (Arnold), Animals United (David Newman) - Please PM if You Have

This appears to be the bootleg version. For your information, there is a soundtrack release of I.Q. (paired with Seconds), that might have a better sound quality and editing.
    Personally i don't like this score all that much. The constant use of that doo-wop sound and making the 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' as a theme, is very irritating in my opinion.
    On a side note, i would say that a underrated score made by Goldsmith, generally forgotten and not usually mentioned as one of his bests, is The Russia House.

Do you want Under Fire?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanico View Post
    This appears to be the bootleg version. For your information, there is a soundtrack release of I.Q. (paired with Seconds), that might have a better sound quality and editing.
    Personally i don't like this score all that much. The constant use of that doo-wop sound and making the 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' as a theme, is very irritating in my opinion.
    On a side note, i would say that a underrated score made by Goldsmith, generally forgotten and not usually mentioned as one of his bests, is The Russia House.

Do you want Under Fire?
    I thought the sound quality was perfectly fine - plus, doesn't it have more score than the official release? Anyhow...I guess its all a matter of taste.. I find it rather enchanting personally

..I have yet to listen to Russia House, but I do have it - and I would definitely love the score to Under Fire in 320 if you have it

I'm trying to upload Under Fire now. I tried once but i needed to cancel because it stopped halfway through.
    When it's finished i will open a new thread

Quote Originally Posted by GeoScore View Post
    I thought the sound quality was perfectly fine - plus, doesn't it have more score than the official release? Anyhow...I guess its all a matter of taste.. I find it rather enchanting personally
    To each his own

This is an ABSOLUTELY charming score... and the Twinkle Twinkle, violin, and 50's do-op is so different from Goldsmith that it makes it all that much more special. I have a copy that came from a friend that I cherish. The film is a wonder of subtle humor. Have no idea what music is on that 'Seconds' disc (ghastly film & score). I think it very generous of GeoScore to offer this treasure. Russia House is okay... a nice single theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Phideas1 View Post
    This is an ABSOLUTELY charming score... and the Twinkle Twinkle, violin, and 50's do-op is so different from Goldsmith that it makes it all that much more special. I have a copy that came from a friend that I cherish. The film is a wonder of subtle humor. Have no idea what music is on that 'Seconds' disc (ghastly film & score). I think it very generous of GeoScore to offer this treasure. Russia House is okay... a nice single theme.
    Hehe - glad you like it

Oh I would love to have The Russia House score! The music is absolutely divine but I cannot locate the score.

Many thanks for this post...
    So grateful !

thanks we love Jerry!!

Wow. I stumbled on this looking for something else, very glad a link posted so long ago is still active.

I remember when I first saw this movie thinking how much I liked the score, looking for it, not finding, then forgot all about it. Til Now! Thanks so much!

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bb012 View Post
    Oh I would love to have The Russia House score! The music is absolutely divine but I cannot locate the score.
    Love the whole Russia House score immensely, one of my top 10 fav scores. The final track is one of my fav score tracks ever.

Grand Shriner
    Jerry Goldsmith is definately one of my faves too, regarding movie soundtracks... Thanks for this soundtrack! Gotta find that Russia House soundtrack too, for a good measure...

Grand Shriner
    Great upload. Thanks!

Grand Shriner
    Thanks, I liked this film

Banned
    Thanks a lot!

Thanks....one I have been looking around for!

Just unbeliavable, another gem from GeoScore and yes: he`s old link still works !!

Wow, still works the link.
    Thanks.
    ... and yes, i like very much this score, that fits very well with the movie and the years when the story is developed
    Last edited by goldencheese; 05-26-2014 at 03:19 AM.

Grand Shriner
    Amazing that a 4 year old link still works! Any chance somebody might have that cover art in higher quality?

Yeah, this is a sweet little score. Very nice. Good share - thanks!

Grand Shriner
    Thanks

Banned
    Many thanks for this!!