Thread: Final Fantasy XIII Original Soundtrack Plus on May 26! Everyone says "Yay!"

Final Fantasy XIII Original Soundtrack Plus on May 26! Everyone says "Yay!"

I got news for FFXIII fans today, there's going to be a "FINAL FANTASY XIII ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK PLUS" on May 26 at 2,500.

Link of the news: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Square Enix Official site: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

I got to say, I haven't played the game yet and problaby I will not do it until the I have the enough interest and money in the moment to do so. But man, you gotta love the soundtrack and visual aspect of this game... is top notch.

Also, I'm seening now that a lot of people is going to use avatars of the cover of this album.

I didn't like the OST of 13 much at all. It mostly served as background noise rather than the tunes you could hum to in the old games. Pretty boring soundtrack excluding three or so tracks, really.
    Because Orphans Don't Have Parents

With a username like yours, I have to ask: Where you abandoned by your parents and raised in a Orphanage? If so, that explains a lot. If not, that still explains a lot.

To each his own.

I, for one, am a huge fan of the music in FFXIII. Befor the game release, I was addicted to finding the soundtracks on youtube.... God I'm such a fanboy/bitch.

and why don't orphans have parents?

Because.

SQEX really likes money. So what is this, a collection of extra tracks from the overseas version? I guess the PLUS album from FF IX made kinda sense, since it was all of the cinematics tracks, but I don't know about this..

i don't like the OST so much
    it's not like the older soundtracks
    do you give me right?

I have the game and its quite challenging. Let me just say that one single mistake can cost you your life since you only play as 1 character. The story has been really good so far. (Haven't beat it yet.) Eidolons are magnificient. We should all be L'Cie's!

To be fair, the game pretty much tells you exactly what to do if you use Libra. I found the fact that in most cases there was a very specific way the game wanted you to deal with every single enemy was a bit tiresome. It certainly wasn't very challenging to use Libra and read the winkwinknudgenudge hints the game gave you towards defeating whatever.

Eidolons are pretty much useless until much later in the game. They're the only things that can break the damage limit.

Not at the table Carlos discodan's Avatar
    um.... okay.

I did like the soundtrack, but you are right, its more like background.

sig limit is 400x150

"It was once said by a man who couldn't quit...."

Evie is "Out of this World" HuggyB18's Avatar
    Wow, I didn't think Masashi Hamauzu would get so much crap for FFXIII. Oh yes I did because he's not Nobuo. FFX-FFXIII all great soundtracks!

YaY!!!

HuggyB18, please use the edit button next time.

As for the soundtrack, if Uematsu had made it, it still would get the same bashing. Just like the game, just because it's a Final Fantasy doesn't mean everyone's gonna start jumping like eight-year-olds on steroids and scream "zomg it's like ze best rpg eva" on all forums.

I really liked the FFX OST, but I don't know what work was his on that one. I am a ware Nobuo was still the head composer with Masashi Hamauzu and some other guy working as co-composers.

Sweet! Another version lol.
    It's absolutely necessary
    That we let go of ourselves- and it can't be done,
    Not by anything that we call doing it, acting, willing,
    Or even just accepting things

-
    Alan Watts

Evie is "Out of this World" HuggyB18's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
    HuggyB18, please use the edit button next time.

As for the soundtrack, if Uematsu had made it, it still would get the same bashing. Just like the game, just because it's a Final Fantasy doesn't mean everyone's gonna start jumping like eight-year-olds on steroids and scream "zomg it's like ze best rpg eva" on all forums.
    Whoops forgot about edit, I was just saying if Nobuo was still doing Final Fantasies consistently all his tracks would be epic and "memorable" but now thanks to Hamauzu & Sakimoto they're supposedly ruining the experience of the game? Whatever FF music is awesome!

You took my disk drive. Prepare to die! RAMChYLD's Avatar
    For what it's worth, I'm hooked on The Sunleth Waterscape BGM. Sure, it's not Uematsu, but these new guys have their own catchy style.
    Gentlemen, I have realized that I've been naming my latest-gen consoles after television cats! Now, the question is, why?
    Bootnote: First person who gives me a reply about all my bases belonging to them will be DHCP'd For great justice!
    Bootnote Bootnote: And as of today, I hereby christen my V-Smile Cyber Pocket, Proud Heart. Fits right in with Custard and Bonnet

Grand Shriner
    Please, get the links to download it!!!!!! Hamauzu made his best work so far!

Nice!!
    addicted to anime/manga