Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Music From Beijing 2008 Olympic Games (Score) (2008) - Chen Qigang, Tan Dun & VA

Music From Beijing 2008 Olympic Games (Score) (2008) - Chen Qigang, Tan Dun & VA

The Official Album From Beijing 2008 Olympic Games (Score) (2008) - Chen Qigang, Tan Dun & VA

Spoiler!

Code:
    Lossless version log included Part 1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T75LE2SM Part 2: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ED43UVD3 Password: MiNT
    Code:
    320 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F6JKJ4A4 Password: MiNT
    CAN'T REUPLOAD

My hard drive (with all my collection) crashed.

Then i lost all my music.

The cost to repair the hard drive is [Hidden link. Register to see links.].

It'll be repair when my money will be OK!

Thanks for you understanding.

Oh my God. Thank you Piano!!

Good Lord, where did this come from? Thank you!

This one was sealed on Ebay, he told it was a promo score, but i think it was a limited edition in China.

Many Thanks !!

Isn't Ritual Music - Moonlit Night By A Spring River just great??

Thanks!

Grand Shriner
    This is an amazing release. Thanks to uploader. The music on CD 1 is sublime. I've been looking for this for a long time. Xie xie!

This is one of those times I'm truly grateful for FFShrine. Thanks so much!!

Grand Shriner
    Thanks for this! Beautiful music, especially Starlight from the opening ceremony.

After our games here in Vancouver recently, I popped in my NBC DVD of the Beijing ceremonies and rewatched them. Wow. What a show. I think my only gripe was that it may have been too big. With the Vancouver ceremonies, David Atkins was going for a more intimate feel and I think I prefered that approach (yeah, so what we had a cauldron malfunction, but at least they addressed that at the start of the closing ceremony ) I'm looking forward to the shows London and Sochi put on in the coming years.

Thanks for posting. I love tracks 6 to 14 on the opening ceremony disc. The Athletes March/parade of Nations is a good one too. Still haven't listened to the 3rd disc.

Thanks for bumping this. I didn't even know they made music CDs for the Olympics.
    I don't have a sig anymore.

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceworlder View Post
    Thanks for bumping this. I didn't even know they made music CDs for the Olympics.
    Some Olympic organizing committees do release albums, but some don't. For Vancouver there were 3 official albums (opening ceremonies, closing ceremonies, and Canada's Hockey Anthems). Salt Lake had about 3 albums (I'm still looking for two of them). Seoul had one. Atlanta had two I believe. Athens had two albums featuring classical and mainstream music, however I don't think they released any music from the ceremonies. Sydney released an album for their opening ceremonies. There were even albums released for the Montreal '76 and LA '84 games (hard to find - I'm still looking for them myself).

I'm still looking if there was anything released for Torino, Nagano, Lillehammer, and Albertville.

I actually started a request thread here with some album art: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Quote Originally Posted by Howling Mad View Post
    Some Olympic organizing committees do release albums, but some don't. For Vancouver there were 3 official albums (opening ceremonies, closing ceremonies, and Canada's Hockey Anthems). Salt Lake had about 3 albums (I'm still looking for two of them). Seoul had one. Atlanta had two I believe. Athens had two albums featuring classical and mainstream music, however I don't think they released any music from the ceremonies. Sydney released an album for their opening ceremonies. There were even albums released for the Montreal '76 and LA '84 games (hard to find - I'm still looking for them myself).

I'm still looking if there was anything released for Torino, Nagano, Lillehammer, and Albertville.

I actually started a request thread here with some album art: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

I posted [Hidden link. Register to see links.], the music that Ryuichi Sakamoto composed for Barcelona.
    The download link is down, but over there i linked to some youtube vids of the ceremony to know what kind of music it is, so i can upload it to you or anyone else, if desired.

It was a very special moment for me. I was 6 years old at the time, and are some of the earliest memories i remember now, because that whole ceremony and in particular that segment made an impact on me. When i saw that giant Hercules for the first time, i shivered and screamed with fear, no joking , and they are probably the first moments that influenced on me to like and recognize, after all these years, to realize how important can be the music combined with images.

thanks!

Shriner
    HOOTEENIE!!!!

Grand Shriner
    If anyone wants to complete their Beijing music collection, I found these on a blog:

I just call them by their colors as their titles are pretty much the same...

The grey album: The Official Album for Beijing 2008 Olympic Games: One World One Dream

Contains music by mainstream artists like, Avril Lavigne, Pink, Backstreet Boys, John Mayer, as well as others:
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

The white album: The Official Album for Beijing 2008 Olympic Games

This one is a 3-disc set. Has music by various mainstream Chinese artists, including Jackie Chan. Has the "Beijing, Beijing, I Love Beijing" song from the closing ceremonies.

EMI 2008 Olympics

Contains music from Chinese artists. Sung in Mandarin. Has one song in English (One World One Dream)

Some alternate cover art, for those interested:

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by kamek85 View Post
    Some alternate cover art, for those interested:

Interesting alternate cover art. I haven't seen that one yet.

Grand Shriner
    Could someone please re-post this?

second a re-up

Shriner
    Yes, please. I second a re-up too!

I have the 3CD set but it's the MP3 version. That will suffice right?
    My music & soundtrack collection....still updating!!

"Music is both the cause and the effect of universal harmony" - Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Sanico View Post
    I would definitely be interested :-)

That would be fantastic! Thank You

Grand Shriner
    Sure will.