Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: I don't have the motivation.

One of Sony, One of Nintendo? That's not all of the consoles. 2 Microsoft, 3 Sony, 4 Nintendo

Great i'm a sadistic evil person with a wing sticking out of his back. F***ing Fantastic. Oh well at least I have a big sword

Don't you mean 5 Nintendo consoles?
    Because Orphans Don't Have Parents

With a username like yours, I have to ask: Where you abandoned by your parents and raised in a Orphanage? If so, that explains a lot. If not, that still explains a lot.

Techchild the Deathbringer Techchild's Avatar
    Nes, Snes, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Game boy, Gameboy colour, Gba, Gba Sp, Ds, Dsi, Ds lite.

And the other console with a use for R.O.B

Did I miss any?

jen' jari iv tave sith Darth Revan's Avatar
    Microsoft has made only two consoles: Xbox and Xbox 360.

Quote Originally Posted by aznvietguy411 View Post
    I know what you mean. But you have to remember this is the first FF to hit the PS3 (Not counting the shitbox).
    Typical Sony Whore mentality. Have you actually played any Xbox 360's games, or is this just the usual 'PS3 is superior, everything else sucks' banter?

The Code of the Sith
    Nw l kash zo tash antai kash tik sh sot.
    Pro sh sot nu gauti ty k
    Pro ty k nu gauti midwan
    Pro midwan nu gauti pergaleas
    Pro pergaleas nuyak aras svistuis
    Tave qy sik sekleti won nun

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

(Not counting the shitbox)
    Quote Originally Posted by Death's Head View Post
    Typical Sony Whore mentality. Have you actually played any Xbox 360's games, or is this just the usual 'PS3 is superior, everything else sucks' banter?
    There we go again.
    aznvietguy411, STFU N00B!
    & DH ignore that kind of comment.

PS3 is good, XBOX is good. Moving on...

I didn't played this game but it sounds just like Digital Devil Saga. A fucking Dungeon Crawler with Fucking boring Random Battles. That Sucks.
    They should put the graphics on like 5th place of priority & make a good fucking game with good fucking gameplay & good fucking storyline.
    Though I'm looking foward to see how Versus XIII results to be.
    V for Valhalla

Final Fantasy 13 is nowhere near as good as DDS. DDS is awesome.

Also PS3 is better than the 360.

Okay I have played the Xbox before. In fact I have the old fat one. Still collecting dust in my room. It's just the box never really caught my attention except for Halo and Gears...Sorry but I'm not trying to sound like a Sony whore here it's just people have different taste in different gaming consoles. I do love the Xbox because there's a shitload of games for it yes, but again it doesn't catch my eye. I never even played the Digital Devil Sage to begin with...I don't even know what it is lol.
    It's absolutely necessary
    That we let go of ourselves- and it can't be done,
    Not by anything that we call doing it, acting, willing,
    Or even just accepting things

-
    Alan Watts

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT SMACK IN THE ORPHANAGE View Post
    Final Fantasy 13 is nowhere near as good as DDS. DDS is awesome.
    DDS has an interesting concept & storyline, but I hated the gameplay.

Techchild the Deathbringer Techchild's Avatar
    The Shin-Megami-Tensei series Is one of the best (if not the best) RPG series. and now back to the topic @ hand..

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT SMACK IN THE ORPHANAGE View Post
    Also PS3 is better than the 360.
    I beg to differ.

Okay I have played the Xbox before. In fact I have the old fat one. Still collecting dust in my room. It's just the box never really caught my attention except for Halo and Gears...Sorry but I'm not trying to sound like a Sony whore here it's just people have different taste in different gaming consoles. I do love the Xbox because there's a shitload of games for it yes, but again it doesn't catch my eye.
    Out of the PS2 and Xbox, both are good consoles. PS3 and Xbox 360, depends on what you like. I'm just sick and tired of opinionated assholes, who think that anything from Sony is superior to everything else on the market.

Back to topic at hand, I've heard from a lot of people (since I sold my copy of FFXIII) go on and on about the pro's and con's of the game and I still think I did the right thing in getting rid of it. However, that's not to say that at a later time I 'may' get another copy and play it (I did that with FFIX. At first I hated that game, but played it again some time later and did enjoy it.), but IDK.

The darkness writhes. execrable gumwrapper's Avatar
    I got bored during Chapter 4.

Prolly will never go back to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Death's Head View Post
    I beg to differ.
    I beg to differ your begging to differ

Anyway people who say it has a crap storyline obviously have never played it past Chapter 2 or 3. Its not the story that is lacking it is the lack of anything else that is lacking (up until chapter 11). Really most other games you have to stick to the story without doing anything else. That's why I think that it is a pretty all right game just crap compared to other Final Fantasies.

Quote Originally Posted by supdup View Post
    I beg to differ your begging to differ
    stfu

Anyway people who say it has a crap storyline obviously have never played it past Chapter 2 or 3. Its not the story that is lacking it is the lack of anything else that is lacking (up until chapter 11). Really most other games you have to stick to the story without doing anything else. That's why I think that it is a pretty all right game just crap compared to other Final Fantasies.
    I've played it to the conclusion of chapter 3... and it was boring. I'm not going to waste my time playing a boring game, even if it does pick up towards the end. As I've said before... playing a game with 13 chapters and only from chapter 11+ does the story get good, I can't justify paying out the money for a game like that (even though I did, because I thought it was going to be good... but for me, it wasn't).

The story doesn't really get any better ever, it just becomes more coherent in the later chapters.

I wound up selling this for $25 after chapter five. Much like MGS4 it felt like I was watching a movie conveniently disguised as a game. I've had enough of this modern game bullshit and will gladly go play stuff I missed on older systems. It pisses me off magazines suck the cocks of games like this that have so many obvious problems.

I could detail the reasoning for my decision to sell this but I believe the forum has aptly summarized my rational.

Woah, there is a world map and airships in Versus? I just got a boner.
    Sorry Player, I'm Noriega crossed with Schwarzenegger
    The orphan maker, orchestrate your fate in a torture chamber

Quote Originally Posted by Chigun View Post
    I wound up selling this for $25 after chapter five. Much like MGS4 it felt like I was watching a movie conveniently disguised as a game. I've had enough of this modern game bullshit and will gladly go play stuff I missed on older systems. It pisses me off magazines suck the cocks of games like this that have so many obvious problems.

I could detail the reasoning for my decision to sell this but I believe the forum has aptly summarized my rational.
    I agree with this statement, even though I haven't played the game yet. I'll rent it when I get a Ps3 but I'm not getting my hopes up I'll actually buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Harkus View Post
    Woah, there is a world map and airships in Versus? I just got a boner.
    x2

You are weakening, young padawan.

I'd probably like it better if I had Neg to play it with Same goes for RE5, which is totally not the same playing by yourself; I kinda regret getting it, having no one to play it with now.

If you had gotten it for PS3 we could have totally played. I need to rebuild my file, though. I don't play without infinite ammo, for the sake of everyone involved.

Don't worry; it'll be one of my first games I purchase once I've got the mighty third entry in the Playstation lineage

Decided to give XIII another go. I hate, hate, hate the first two chapters. Not getting CP makes the fights pointless and tedious, plus the sickly green setting was vomit-worthy. I've skipped all the cutscenes so far, I've seen them all recently. Managed to get to chapter 3 in under an hour and chapter 4 just under two. Ridiculously easy but it's okay at the moment. I am dreading the rubbishness of the next couple of chapters though, two party members? WEAK.

Against my words here before, I've actually gone and bought another copy of this (I passed a gaming store and saw in their mark down bin at the front, a sealed copy of the Collector's Edition for 10$AUSD, so I thought "What the fuck..." and for that price, purchased it.) and have decided to give this one final go. Do I think my overall opinion of it will change? Most probably not, but for two reasons I'm giving this a third, final try.

Reason 1: To add it to my collection of FF games (Lame reason I know, but as I have all the other FF games, I might as well add the 13th installment.).

Reason 2: I've played and finished all the other FF's (With a exception for FFXIO), so just for my own personal feeling of completion.

Grand Shriner
    Seriously, you have the strangest mentality ever, buying it for what, the third time now?! (But that's not a dig - strange is good!)

The game does have some great cutscenes, that are well worth seeing. And as I said on another thread, I personally consider Chapters 7-9 (and bits and bobs of Chapter 10) to be the best ones in terms of the story.

The gameplay gets better from Chapter 10 onwards, not so much with the story (there's still a few decent bits, and a couple of hugely impressive cutscenes), but the real meat of the story is in Ch 7-10.

And as someone mentioned earlier, Ch 4 (and in fact 5 and 6 as well) are very poor. They really should have done more to liven up those chapters, (I can't believe there is no level where you use Snow and Fang).

One the XBOX versus PS3 issue (I know, I know), I'd just like to say that whilst I think the two consoles are both decent, this is one of those situations where the PS3 version is clearly better.

No great surprise, as Square were very reluctant to put FF13 on the 360 in the first place. And with 3 discs to the PS3's 1, as well as being slightly inferior in terms of graphics in places, I think most review sites agreed if you had the choice, you should go with the PS3.

(But with other games, it's the complete opposite - Bayonetta on the PS3 is a joke, for example).

And I must finally endorse those who supported Shin Megami Tensei. Lucifer's Call is one of all time favourite RPGs. DDS 1 was okay, but I didn't think much of the sequel. The last boss was so anticlimatic, I spent hours on FAQs, wondering if I'd done something wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Vrykolas View Post
    Seriously, you have the strangest mentality ever, buying it for what, the third time now?! (But that's not a dig - strange is good!)
    Actually, this is the second time I've bought it. Sold my first copy for 90$AUSD, borrowed my cousin's for the second try and bought it again for 10$AUSD.

While I still feel the same I do originally about this game, it's just from utter boredom I've played more as well as my compulsion to finish a FF game and to add it to my collection

EDIT: Add in that most stores are still selling FFXIII for 80-100$AUSD, and that the store I went to had it marked down for 10$AUSD says a lot imo (It's part of a franchise, and after checking with three other stores in that franchise, they're selling FFXIII for 10$AUSD as well).

One the XBOX versus PS3 issue (I know, I know), I'd just like to say that whilst I think the two consoles are both decent, this is one of those situations where the PS3 version is clearly better.

No great surprise, as Square were very reluctant to put FF13 on the 360 in the first place. And with 3 discs to the PS3's 1, as well as being slightly inferior in terms of graphics in places, I think most review sites agreed if you had the choice, you should go with the PS3.

(But with other games, it's the complete opposite - Bayonetta on the PS3 is a joke, for example).
    I could add/go on about that 'issue', but I can't be bothered and this isn't the thread to 'discuss' about it.