Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So I take it FFV and FFVI won't be getting DS remakes?

Onion Kid

So I take it FFV and FFVI won't be getting DS remakes?

I didn't even have it in my head that it could be a possibility until FFIV did. I mean FF4, FF5, and FF6 all had Advance versions, so once 4 got a DS version, I had high hopes that 6 would eventually get a DS version (after 5 of course, which I'd have to wait that one out). But it's been 2-3 years since FF4, and no word on a FFV DS yet. So I'm guessing we shouldn't bother counting on them? Or have Square released a statement that they would never happen for some reason or another or what? Is there something I missed?

I haven't heard anyhing about possible remakes of FFV and FFVI. It would of course be a dream to play those two games completely updated, and with lots of bonus features. Two of the best games in the series, if you ask me. But no, I haven't heard anything, unfortunately...

Actually, I read a long time ago that they planned to remake all FF's from 3-6 on the DS or on the next Nintendo handheld console should the DS become outdated. That may not even be true though considering they haven't given us any word on either V or VI, but there's always a possibility, I guess.

Idiocy prevails
    V would be perfect on the DS.

VI, however, should be remade for the PSP. And when I say remade, I mean actual 3-D graphics and voice-acting and stuff, not the crappy excuse of a remake that FFI and FFII got. I mean, one new bonus dungeon per game, a little new music (Although the more Clash on the Big Bridge remixes, the better), and what really got me angry - the supposed "graphics update" wasn't even a conversion to 3D, just a bit of restyling on the slightly larger sprites. Oh, and they took out the ability to save anywhere, so that's what convinced me the most to not buy 20th anniversary. I'm not going through 39 floors of Whisperwind Cove and dying to Deathgaze on the 40th and losing all my progress in the entire dungeon because of that.

Also, 3D on the PSP >>> 3D on the DS. The DS style would be good for V, though. It's just I feel that, having a much more darker, serious story line than previous games, VI wouldn't really fit in with the sorta childish graphics of the DS remakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah View Post
    V would be perfect on the DS.

VI, however, should be remade for the PSP. And when I say remade, I mean actual 3-D graphics and voice-acting and stuff, not the crappy excuse of a remake that FFI and FFII got. I mean, one new bonus dungeon per game, a little new music (Although the more Clash on the Big Bridge remixes, the better), and what really got me angry - the supposed "graphics update" wasn't even a conversion to 3D, just a bit of restyling on the slightly larger sprites. Oh, and they took out the ability to save anywhere, so that's what convinced me the most to not buy 20th anniversary. I'm not going through 39 floors of Whisperwind Cove and dying to Deathgaze on the 40th and losing all my progress in the entire dungeon because of that.

Also, 3D on the PSP >>> 3D on the DS. The DS style would be good for V, though. It's just I feel that, having a much more darker, serious story line than previous games, VI wouldn't really fit in with the sorta childish graphics of the DS remakes.
    I agree fully with this. FFV is a far more lighthearted game (hell, it even subtly makes fun of its own story from time to time) but FFVI presents a far more mature plot that would fit much more nicely on a system like the PSP. I can picture a Crisis Core-esque look, with the same overall feel and maybe some slightly retouched music (done in FFX quality) to accompany it all. I really can't imagine the DS' limited capabilities complementing it very well. It works fine for III, IV, and V, but VI needs a little bit more of an upgrade. Can you imagine what the final battle would look like in full 3-d Crisis Core-esque splendor?

Onion Kid
    I always thought that on FF6, but no one ever agreed with me. Square want's to milk 7 to death, knowing that 6 is also a potential milking machine that they seem to refuse to tap.

VI doesn't need to have ANYTHING changed. Rescripting for Advance was bad enough

I thought Square had plans on remaking FFV and FFVI for the DS but I haven't heard anything in a long time. If there were plans on releasing a remake it would more than likely pop up on countless gaming websites.

Frequent lurker, since '05 degameth's Avatar
    I take it no one here visits IGN? They... mentioned it lol. But it kinda seems like it wasn't even the plan to begin with.

"IGN: We've seen Final Fantasy III & IV on DS any chance of V & VI making the move?

Yoshinori Kitase: We haven't a plan to release V & VI, but it sounds like an interesting idea so we'll find out if that's possible."

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Though I'm not sure if Yoshinori Kitase had anything to do with the DS remakes.

Well, hopefully one of the games mentioned in here will be FFVI.

"I can just say, that indeed, whereas I'm still working on Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Agito XIII and a little later on The 3rd Birthday (this year), we will announce other games this year and which one is terribly waited from everyone and often "REQUESTED" by fans and even of the press crew that I meet All over the World."
    I think the highly requested one might be KH3, but maybe one of the smaller announcements will be VI?

It seems strange that they would re-vamp FFIII and FFIV for the DS, without even giving FFV and FFVI a thought. "Oh, yeah, that sounds interesting." oO

Well, they already said the big game they were talking about was not FFVII, so we know that much ^^

We still have hope, unless their eyes are really glued to VII.

You know, if they made a V and VI remake, then all the fans would later demand for a *gulp* VII remake and VIII remake and so on. They may be trying to stop this whole remake overload for now to continue their current plans and games.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaldina View Post
    You know, if they made a V and VI remake, then all the fans would later demand for a *gulp* VII remake and VIII remake and so on. They may be trying to stop this whole remake overload for now to continue their current plans and games.
    Yep, otherwise we will be getting remakes of games that aren't even a decade old. Face it though. Most of them, most definately FFVII, will get a remake at some point. It may not be this year, or next year but if an FFVII hasn't been released in 10 years I'll be shocked.
    Sorry Player, I'm Noriega crossed with Schwarzenegger
    The orphan maker, orchestrate your fate in a torture chamber

An FFVII remake has to happen eventually. But in all honesty ya never know... I would love to see FFV and FFVI remade for the DS. I want the job system to get some bonuses if they remake it in the DS...Isn't E3 or something coming up this year? :O

If they remake VI, it should get a PSP remake at least... DS isn't serious or mature considering VI storyline & direction & it isn't a quality console if I dare to say, sure it's game library is vast & really good, but I prefer the PSP over the DS, because of it's capabilities...

About V, I don't really care about that FF, but on the DS it would definetely fit perfectly.
    V for Valhalla

DS isn't a quality console?

Someone bring in the da banhammer~

FF VI is too good for PSP or DS. It deserves a PS3 or even the next gen. console remake, no less.

Quote Originally Posted by Neg View Post
    DS isn't a quality console?
    If we judge by game library, it's quality...
    If we judge by capabilities, not so much quality... Not the quality that VI would need that's for sure...

Sprites are beautiful things.

Quote Originally Posted by topopoz View Post
    If we judge by game library, it's quality...
    If we judge by capabilities, not so much quality... Not the quality that VI would need that's for sure...
    so if the psp didnt play music or videos, you would say its not a quality SYSTEM too? fail.

the ds is for games, and what is ff6? A GAME!

besides, we already have 6 on the snes and the gba, now we NEED it for the ds, fully remaked with the magic only the ds can bring.

Quote Originally Posted by Pisces Knight View Post
    so if the psp didnt play music or videos, you would say its not a quality SYSTEM too? fail.
    I don't remember bringing that part of the PSP specifically. So... FAIL!

The capabilities of the DS in terms of graphics & sounds are far too inferior in comparison to the PSP.
    If VI were to be remaked, it needs a good treatment, the DS can't give VI the treatment that I would like.

what you like and what they (SE) want is entirely diffent.
    i remember people talking shit to the remake of 4 for not being on the psp (this happened on gamefaqs)
    is SE wants to remake 6 on the ds, no power on earth is gonna change that.
    imean, look at me, ive been wishing for a numerical FF for nintendo home systems, but nothing.

Techchild the Deathbringer Techchild's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neg View Post
    Sprites are beautiful things.
    This is why I refuse to play the remakes of I to IV. The charm of the original game gets lost.

I like you more and more with each passing day.