Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Final Fantasy X-2 Trivia!

A Captain Need Not Have a Eyepatch! Agent0042's Avatar
    Oh, wow, yeah, you're right, I totally misread the question. Well, in that case, I just go to part... let's see... four of my original answer:

"I'm about 95% sure that there are at least two Garment Grids (and about 90% sure that it's exactly two) that can only be obtained if you gave the Awesome Sphere to New Yevon (think one of them is Blood of the Beast.)"

So... 2.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] is active -- currently battle is Character Pairings!
    "When prayers turn to promises, not even fate can stand in their way. Wishes can come true. But not if you just wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves. Here and now." - Fang & Vanille
    If you're not reading Goat Pen, you're missing the web's best Final Fantasy fanfiction. ~~ [Hidden link. Register to see links.] ~~ [Hidden link. Register to see links.] - join us and sing!

Yep, that's correct, it is 2. The other is Shining Mirror, received after fighting Elma in Mushroom Rock (which only occurs if you choose New Yevon).

I actually initially thought it was 3, because in the PR mission there is one GG that appears as a prize if you raise Argent to max, and another for Open Air, but I didn't realize you can get both in the same run, but you can.

So... your question.

Thanks Neg for the banner!!

All right, keeping along the same theme - what is the maximum number of dresspheres you can be missing and still get 100% in one playthrough and which ones are they?

I thought you have to get all of them... but I'll assume this isn't a trick question where the answer is 0.

In that case I'm gonna guess 2. The Samurai and Dark Knight would make sense, seeing as those two you pick up along the way as you control, rather than in special events or scenes. I wouldn't be surprised if the simple action picking up an item doesn't earn %, even if it is a DressSphere.

Of course, I also wouldn't be surprised if there's another one that I'm missing a way around.

Also I hope you aren't counting the two in the international/last mission, because I know practically nothing about those two.

Oh yeah, not counting International and Last Mission. And, yes, you're correct-- for those two all you have to do is pick them up, so they don't count for any %.

Okay... yet another question keeping up the same theme. Same as my last one but for accessories.

If you're going for 100% in one shot and getting as many accessories as you can, as close as possible to completing the collection, what's the minimum you must miss? And what are they?

I'm going to go with three, all connected with Tobli sidequests in some way. There's the Minerva's Plate, which you can only get in Chapter 2 if you accepted the Shave the Hypello mission by talking to the Hypello first, rather than Tobli. Then there's the Enterprise, which you can only get by pushing Tobli into the elevator in Chapter 2 and he'll only be there if you didn't do Shave the Hypello at all in Chapter 1. Finally, there's the Key to Success, which you get by getting Episode Complete for the Moonflow, but choosing not to stop the Ronso attack in Chapter 3.

Yep, that's exactly correct, it's three indeed and you got them all.

Wasn't sure, thought someone might think the Heady Perfume is one of them, which you can only get by failing the Leblanc massage mini-game. But apparently you don't have to beat it to get 100% (I just found that out recently).

Well, as we've been saying, completion percentage has to do with dialogue and your performance in that mini-game doesn't change the conversation following it. In fact, if you fail it, you actually get a bit of additional dialogue when Leblanc tells you to do it again, not that that has anything to do with completion either.

Okay, we all know that Brother has a huge crush on Yuna, but what character states that she has a crush on Brother and for what reason?

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

Well, as we've been saying, completion percentage has to do with dialogue and your performance in that mini-game doesn't change the conversation following it. In fact, if you fail it, you actually get a bit of additional dialogue when Leblanc tells you to do it again, not that that has anything to do with completion either.

Okay, we all know that Brother has a huge crush on Yuna, but what character states that she has a crush on Brother and for what reason?

I totally remember! Hah... well I don't remember her saying that directly, but it's Calli and it's because his hairstyle makes him look like a Chocobo.

Yep, that's the one. Your go. (Though maybe we should let someone else have a turn?)

I was thinking that... well, right now I can't think of anything, so until I do, someone else can take it.

hmmmm

I wasn't aware that getting dress spheres and accessories had anything to do with the completion percentages.
    Of course I think that's a crock..as some of them are rather difficult to get/obtain.

shrugs....
    I'll keep playing the game..I am on a replay as I played it originally several years ago.

Romantic monkeys are found in which area ? I assume someone here will recall where.

Quote Originally Posted by ANGRYWOLF
    I wasn't aware that getting dress spheres and accessories had anything to do with the completion percentages.
    Of course I think that's a crock..as some of them are rather difficult to get/obtain.
    What, you expect completing every percentage to be easy, and difficult stuff to be worth nothing?

So what percentage of players who own the game....

Quote Originally Posted by Zak View Post
    What, you expect completing every percentage to be easy, and difficult stuff to be worth nothing?
    accomplish those tasks.
    How many in FFX successfully completed the butterfly game, the lightning dodge, and the -0.00 chocobo race ?
    My guess is less than half...but that's just my sense of things.

Such tasks just increase a person's frustration level while accomplishing nothing noteworthy..except something for the person who succeedes to brag about.

shrugs.

You didn't answer the question btw....
    smiles...

Yeah, but the butterfly game in Final Fantasy X is insanity-- there isn't anything nearly as difficult in X-2 by comparison...

The Butterfly game actually is not that bad... there was only one hurdle in that whole thing to give me trouble.

Anyway, I know the answer, but I'm choosing not to answer to give other people a chance. I reckon Agent is doing the same

Quote Originally Posted by Agent0042 View Post
    Yeah, but the butterfly game in Final Fantasy X is insanity-- there isn't anything nearly as difficult in X-2 by comparison...
    I don't know, both the Thunder Plains tower calibration and the cactuar shooting games in X-2 were much harder for me than even the butterfly game in X. O_o

Well-- that's fair, except for one thing-- there are no unique accessories which can be earned from the Thunder Plains game. The cactuar game does earn you a unique Garment Grid, but you only have to beat Frailea, and if you miss out the first time, you can always go back to the Cactuar Nation once you've beaten Angra Mainyu and try again.

For me, the biggest hurdle in both those games together, was dodging 200 lightning bolts. Everything else was a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Zak View Post
    For me, the biggest hurdle in both those games together, was dodging 200 lightning bolts. Everything else was a joke.
    To each his own. There is actually an easy way to do it. If you have no encounters on and stay just a little above where the rest area is (where the two paths join), the lightning strikes in an easily memorizable pattern. I get to about 300 every time I do it now, no sweat.

For me, that had nothing on the cactuar shooting game (at least doing it the way the game wants you to, that is).

It has a system to it...
    I will admit I cheated last night..used the "I hate sphere break" computer program to beat Shina in sphere break...if there were cheats for the others..the lightning dodges..the chocobo races, the butterfly chase, recalibrating the towers...the headaches from both games...most people would choose the easy way out.

HRUMPF...I didn't realize you could miss the Howling Wind garment grid....because if you find only 3 musicians you get a mission accomplish even though it's not complete.

oh well....

rotfl.

uh..no answer yet ?