Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Is there actually someone who hates FFVI?

Also the lack of any definite lead character also makes the game a little more unique but I knew that going in. VI is a very special kind of game that you don't find often

Shriner
    I will necro the thread.

It is a highly overrated FF imo. Kefka, was an OVERRATED boss. there were so many plot holes in the game that it was laughable. All he had, was a weak pathetic laugh. He did one thing...poisioned the water. after that, he miracuously becomes unstoppable...As far as evil bosses go and the evil things they did...X-Death, Kuja, and Sephiroth, were by far worse. If Kefka did not just magically become god awfull powerful for no reason...it would have been bumped up a few points.

I will it give it props for opening menu music, still one of my favorites.

I dont get why the espers were so saught after, when Kefka, can just magically become stronger than any of them for no apparent reason. Not to mention, the 2nd half of the game is one big "lets go find everyone allllll over again" side quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Inglorion55 View Post
    It is a highly overrated FF imo. Kefka, was an OVERRATED boss. there were so many plot holes in the game that it was laughable. All he had, was a weak pathetic laugh. He did one thing...poisioned the water. after that, he miracuously becomes unstoppable...As far as evil bosses go and the evil things they did...X-Death, Kuja, and Sephiroth, were by far worse. If Kefka did not just magically become god awfull powerful for no reason...it would have been bumped up a few points.

I will it give it props for opening menu music, still one of my favorites.

I dont get why the espers were so saught after, when Kefka, can just magically become stronger than any of them for no apparent reason. Not to mention, the 2nd half of the game is one big "lets go find everyone allllll over again" side quest.
    Absolutely agreed... LOL

FFVI was the easiest of all the series to me.

But I still like the game though. xD
    V for Valhalla

Shriner
    i would have maybe enjoyed it, if kefka didnt just randomly become a bad ass...and maybe if all the fanboys of it didnt talk about how it was classic and 7 ruined everything. they were both steam punk, just 6 had castles. oh well, i beat it, and will not play it again probablly.

jen' jari iv tave sith Darth Revan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Inglorion55 View Post
    7 ruined everything.
    VII gave rise to the prepubescent fanatical fanboys/girls who treat VII as the second coming of Christ, and when you add in the prequels/sequels/etc has just fed their ego's to the point that they'll flame anyone who says otherwise. In person the FFVII fanboy/girl is even worse, as if you're even buying another RPG and they see it (Or Hell... any other game for that damn matter), they'll swoop on the individual in question and berate/belittle them for not purchasing FFVII (or any other FFVII game).

As a fellow shriner here said in a thread:

Neo Xzhan: I liken it to "It's not God I hate, it's his fanclub"

I don't hate FFVII, as I do consider it a good game, but it is NOT the greatest game ever that some seem to think it is and I hate/loathe the idiot FFVII fanboys/girls who say: FFVII IS DA GREATEST EVA!! IF YOUSE DUN LIKE IT, YOUSE A IDIOT!! (Sadly... a direct quote from one of these 'people' (and I use that term loosely) I encountered at my local game store).

Anywayz... this isn't the thread to discuss FFVII. To discuss FFVII, post in the FFVII subforum.

RETURNING YOU TO YOUR ORIGINAL THREAD DISCUSSION

The Code of the Sith
    Nw l kash zo tash antai kash tik sh sot.
    Pro sh sot nu gauti ty k
    Pro ty k nu gauti midwan
    Pro midwan nu gauti pergaleas
    Pro pergaleas nuyak aras svistuis
    Tave qy sik sekleti won nun

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Shriner
    since it isnt a FFVII forum, ill just say i agree w/ revan lol. fanboys ruin shit for other fans, in every area of life, not just FFVII

EDIT: but i guess to clarify. Yes there are people who hate FFVI, (also, its b/c of VI fanboys that i basically just cant stand it.)

Hip Hop That Sounds Pretty HDHipHop1's Avatar
    When I have the time, I'll play both VI and VII and see what the hype is about.
    Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth. - Saul Williams
    Helping the "decline" of humanity by not giving two fucks about old, European-style music. - some African
    I listen to hip-hop, so that dead white men will spin in their graves. - a degenerate African

Quote Originally Posted by HDHipHop1 View Post
    When I have the time, I'll play both VI and VII and see what the hype is about.
    Take your time getting to VII, lol VI should be your priority.

Onion Kid
    from what iv seen final fantasy 6 fanboys are more spiteful and bitter than final fantasy 7 fanboys. also they are the older generation of ff player so they should know better. i mean its sort of like adults bullying kids just because theyre enthusiastic about a new toy or whatever. kid "wow this rubix cube (ff7) is the best, its awesome" adult "you fucking faggot fanboy, i bet youve never even heard of cup and ball (ff6), you dont deserve to live you scum".....you get the idea
    im not a conformist, im an anti anti conformist conformist

Shriner
    good comparison 1xPerson.

Grand Shriner
    Personally:I think ff6 is a fantastic game.
    I think some people give it far too much hate.

Actually, I thought it was really bland to begin with. But when I got to the part where you defend Narshe I got completely hooked. Fantastic game, absolutely. I wish more people picked this game up now like I did.

Grand Shriner
    I personally love ff6 and hate ff7.

I consider the ff7 fanbrats to be the most annoying fanbase/cult ever,aside from maybe fps fanboys.

I wish people would shut the fuck up already and enjoy the game and give it due credit.
    the game is 16 years old now,thats really really old.

The first 3d rpg game on playstation came out in 1994.

For their time,they mostly did what they could.
    I personally felt that ff6 did a great job at introducing the characters,because a lot of people fell in love with those characters.(I am one of them)

And don-t compare secret of mana,because that game had almost or no story at all.
    If anything:compare secret of mana to secret of evermore.

Why hate on the classics? I loved the first FF's more than the new ones.
    They might not have fancy graphics etc. but their story-lines are awesome!

Also; hating a game for its fans is no reason whatsoever.

Grand Shriner
    Also; hating a game for its fans is no reason whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

Only whiny brats who won't shut up about the game,and worship it.
    Then again:FF8 pisses me off,but i don't hate the actual game,but damm does that bitch that i was supposed to look for annoy me.
    You remember whats her name who we end up looking for who was the adopted by laguna? That little cheating bitch pisses me off.
    On the moon,she starts using every card rule in the book,and then i am forced to use it.Worse yet,that bitch known as the card queen.If it wasn't for those two,i would have no problem.

Hahah true that! (': Ellone's the name. And yes, I hated that Card Bitch way more.. Supposedly Queen. UGH!

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoen-IX View Post
    Hahah true that! (': Ellone's the name. And yes, I hated that Card Bitch way more.. Supposedly Queen. UGH!
    The card queen is also a bitch.

She caused me to reset the psx more times than i can remember,and it drives me into a fit of rage.Do you remember that she bitch,when she was supposed to go to dollet,and instead went to galbadia? wasn't that pleasant having to repeat the game and reload 10 billion times?

What about trying to get a rare card,but only to lose one or more rares with elleone?

The story:I didn't mind the story.The forced romance was actually so corny that it was fun to watch,in the way its fun to watch a movie that is so bad that you actually get entertainment out of laughing at the awkward scenes.That scene where rinoa asks for a hug,and squall just crosses his arms and looks away,i'm like:LMFAO!! Yeah right,you might as well ask a lion to become a vegeterian.And the corny scene in the ragnarok,where the corny love song plays.Dammit,now i am laughing just thinking of that scene.
    I actually got angry at the game for a moment,because i was hoping it would try to be a little serious,but when squall smiled,i couldn't hold out my laugher at the sheer idea of squall smiling.In overall:Its a pretty bad love story.The movement from squall being a non social awkward person,to romantically interested in rinoa happens too fast,and because of it,there is not enough momentum to actually breathe it in and make it believable.The scenes with zell were stupid mostly,and i didn't get a reaction out of it.

I think that Edea was easily one of the most over the top villains i have seen in a final fantasy game,and thats saying a lot.Some villains go under the radar,while others really stand out.Standing out doesn't always equate to good either.I mean:MY GOD!! she is like something from a comic book.She goes out,and goes:MWAHAHAHA now i'm going to conquer the world and starts killing the president of galbadia.She then starts giving a speech like:Foolish people,you voted for me,and yet i am obviously evil.Even her final speech was laughable.

The ending was better than ff7's ending though.I actually enjoyed the whole scene were squall is stuck in between realms,and is trying to make sure he doesn't forget rinoa.It makes you wonder what would happen if you were stuck outside the space time continuum,and had to find a way back inside the space time.I still don't understand why doc odine created a machine for sorceress edea to be able to send her mind into the past,so she could possess someone.It was a pretty dumb move,because he doomed all mankind.In a way:He created a machine with some of Elleone's powers to send people into the past.

jen' jari iv tave sith Darth Revan's Avatar
    I enjoyed Triple Triad far more than Tetra Master in FFIX. True the rules were annoying, but you had to think and actually plan when you saw your cards. While I can understand why a lot of people dislike FFVIII, I can't understand some with genuine hatred towards it.

Edea wasn't really the villain though. Ultimecia who took over Edea was.
    I actually loved FFVIII and still do. Perhaps because I was only 10 when I first played it..
    But for many reasons it's still my favorite, I've played the game many many times. I just love roaming around doing side-quests in my awesome Ragnarok *wooooshhh*.
    Yes, I do lol at some of the scenes when playing it now. But not for the same reasons you do though

Also, their love going too fast? Love is something that happens really fast, especially under the circumstances they were in at the time.
    But hey, I'm a girl so perhaps that is why I'm not really bothered by the love-story q;

On Odine's creation: People create destroying things, that's what we're good at.. Perhaps that was their deeper meaning lol ^~

BTW; I totally agree with Darth Revan. Triple Triad held my attention at least, Tetra Master I got bored of quickly.

Grand Shriner
    But what i meant was:When the sorceress ultimecia was posessing edea,and even at the end when we face ultimecia,she has the most cliché dialogue i have ever seen.Man is that corny.
    The airship music is actually really good in ff8.For some reason,the music reminds me of the movie shreck.Also:Has anyone noticed that ultimecia castle has a very catchy tune?

Other annoyances:FF legends 3:Why was this game so easy? This game was way too easy.In ff legends 1 and 2,i couldn't breeze through it without actually training a little.It was a sign of having to prepare for getting ahead in the game,and if you messed up,it meant you wouldn't be able to get ahead to the next area without training.

I'm yet to tackle FFVI. I must say though, after recently joining the forums and reading so much hype about it, I'm excited to give it a whirl.

Grand Shriner
    Its an old game,but still a good game.

Old games like that have limited content,and some of the content is not as much so as newer games.
    Also:The game has a lot of exploitable glitches.Its a good game,but obviously not flawless.Some of the issues are ironed out in later games though.The gameplay may be a little too slow,and getting espers takes a while into the actual game.

Shriner
    Just finished my 5000th playthrough of IV and I have to say it was just as fun as the previous 4999 times I played it. If you do not like FF IV, then your rights to play video games and to live on planet Earth should be revoked. All you are doing is taking up precious space and wasting valuable resources. I do not care how elitist or pretentious this sounds. It should be mandated by law.

I've never gotten around to play it. I've played pretty much all of Final Fantasy, but never really found a copy anywhere locally.

Heal the body, heal the heart... Enkidoh's Avatar
    Really? There's been multiple versions of IV and VI released, both in original form and remakes/rereleases - the most recent release for FFIV was part of the 'Complete Collection' release with it's sequel The After Years for PSP, plus they're both available for download on the Playstation Network and the Apple Store (I think there's even Android versions available too).

If you're looking for the original SNES releases though, that indeed might be difficult, although eBay is your friend in this regard.
    enkffxisig-new-small