Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141519 ... LastLast

Thread: FFVII Trivia HARDCORE MODE!

I came, I saw, I levelled up. FF1WithAllThieves's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cheema201 View Post
    Flare is the correct answer. Not by a long shot, but definately stronger than Ultima as far as attack power goes. The fact that it has an element is not really a big deal. makes it stronger against some enemies and weaker against others, however it is definately stronger than Ultima. Tornado and Ultima are equal in attack strength but Tornado has a wind element, and can cause confusion! Making tornado better than Ultima in situations against flying enemies.

Attack strength of three magics mentioned:
    Ultima = 105 (no element)
    Tornado = 105 (Wind element, can cause confusion)
    Flare = 115 (Fire element)

Either way at least you gave Flare a mention.

Your question Death's Hand
    What if you factor in that Flare only attacks a single enemy, while Ultima automatically attacks all AND is non-cumulative? Ultima becomes far more powerful even if you're only facing two enemies.

Also, Death's Head, if you don't mind my saying so, you're asking for a lot of really specific information; there's no occasion by which someone would reasonably find out the names of those enemies and remember them without specifically doing so just for the sake of answering a trivia question; this kind of question is not a fair test of knowledge of the game.
    Johannes Brahms is God.

jen' jari iv tave sith Darth Revan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FF1WithAllThieves View Post
    Also, Death's Head, if you don't mind my saying so, you're asking for a lot of really specific information; there's no occasion by which someone would reasonably find out the names of those enemies and remember them without specifically doing so just for the sake of answering a trivia question; this kind of question is not a fair test of knowledge of the game.
    So you would feel it'd be more prudent for me to change the question then?

The Code of the Sith
    Nw l kash zo tash antai kash tik sh sot.
    Pro sh sot nu gauti ty k
    Pro ty k nu gauti midwan
    Pro midwan nu gauti pergaleas
    Pro pergaleas nuyak aras svistuis
    Tave qy sik sekleti won nun

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

I think the questions is decent. It's hard yes, but there have been other questions across all trivia threads like this.

As for the enemies in question, I believe one is the Sweepers (maybe wrong name, but they look like industrial vaccums), as for the one near Junon, no idea sadly.

I've decided to have a quick look online regarding this question, and found that the source I got the info for the question from is rather suspect. Hence I'm voiding the question and giving it to Seru-Kai as he did name one of the enemies (can steal the Atomic Scissors from Custom Sweepers outside Midgar).

Your question Seru_Kai.

Well since cheema did most of the work, I'm still going to ninja it from him/her, just for the sake of ninja.

In Sector 5 Slums, there's a kid in a bedroom with a hidden drawer in his dresser. There's a possiblity of getting 1 of 2 items in the hidden drawer. What are the items and how do you go about getting one or the other?

The items are either 5 gil or a Turbo Ether. To get the 5 gil, examine the drawer and take it. The way to get the Turbo Ether is to leave the 5 gil and the next time you're in Sector 5 Slums, go to the dresser and you'll get the Turbo Ether.

Gah, I am never able to think of hard questions.

Your turn.

Heal the body, heal the heart... Enkidoh's Avatar
    Actually, you can't get the turbo-ether from the drawer itself, you have to speak to the kid on the bed, who will tell you that because he's so happy he'll give you the item he bought with the money in the drawer (the turbo-ether). But only if you didn't steal it beforehand.

And for those who don't know, the other enemy in DH's question is the Death Machine, which is another 'sweeper' type enemy (apparently they're some kind of robotic device for cleaning and protecting Mako Reactors).

But I digress.
    enkffxisig-new-small

It feels weird, getting completely dominated in a single post.

/bowtoyourknowledge

In point of fact, Enkidoh had given that question to me, when we last spoke so I'm passing the next question over to Enkidoh to ask.

Okay, here's my question (and no, I'm not all-knowledgeable when it comes to FFVII - I just keep the strategy guide book close to my computer ).

From the nine magic elements that are used in FFVII, name the three elements which are not represented as regular magic spells available to the player (green materia).

This means, elements which don't have a materia only of that specific element - materia that has a group of elements in it doesn't count. Neither do 'typeless' spells.

'Hidden' elements don't count either (I could explain what this means, but it would give it away. .

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by FF1WithAllThieves View Post
    What if you factor in that Flare only attacks a single enemy, while Ultima automatically attacks all AND is non-cumulative? Ultima becomes far more powerful even if you're only facing two enemies.
    But Flare is stronger.
    I mean you could say that Fire 3 is the strongest if you pair it with MP Turbo and quadramagic, against enemies weak against fire. The point was to find out which magic could do the most damage (attack power) with a single attack. Flare is the winner, even though it does not start out on all enemies by default, i'm pretty sure that mega-all covers that and it still dominates Ultima I believe, The reason i found this out was when i was fighting Ruby Weapon and wanted to kill off his 'arms' in order to fight him without them in the ground, i found that the quickest and most effective way was not with Ultima but with Flare. So i looked into the Kernel of the game and found that its attack is higher. The only way that Ultima could win the fight against Flare would be if it ignored an enemies defense or something, really making it the ultimate magic, however it isn't.

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidoh View Post
    Okay, here's my question (and no, I'm not all-knowledgeable when it comes to FFVII - I just keep the strategy guide book close to my computer ).

From the nine magic elements that are used in FFVII, name the three elements which are not represented as regular magic spells available to the player (green materia).

This means, elements which don't have a materia only of that specific element - materia that has a group of elements in it doesn't count. Neither do 'typeless' spells.

'Hidden' elements don't count either (I could explain what this means, but it would give it away. .
    Nice question for starters. I like questions that people can not easily google haha, they rely on knowledge of the game.

Are you talking about:

1. Holy
    2. Water
    3. Wind

I dont really wanna say wind as Tornado i guess is a regular spell. But if you are refering to regular spells like:
    fire, ice, bolt, quake etc then i guess wind can fit.

Holy is used by alexander and water is obviously aqualung.

It is a shame that holy was never a usuable spell in the game. I took it upon myself to create a holy materia (if anyone would like the code then let me know, coz i'll have to dig it out of my code books). I replaced 'shield' with holy. not a big user of shield, for defense you just need to eat hero drinks in big battles, otherwise big guard is sufficient.

Cheema is correct. Well done. ^^

Apparently though, an 'Aero' materia was planned for the game but never actually implemented (although 'Aero 3' which would presumably be the most powerful one does exist in game as an enemy-only attack that several monsters use.)

Contain materia doesn't count, as it's spells are all different elements on the one materia - I was looking for elements which didn't have a specific materia. Which is of course, Wind, Water and Holy.

Anyway, go ahead and post a question when you're ready.

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidoh View Post
    Cheema is correct. Well done. ^^

Apparently though, an 'Aero' materia was planned for the game but never actually implemented (although 'Aero 3' which would presumably be the most powerful one does exist in game as an enemy-only attack that several monsters use.)

Contain materia doesn't count, as it's spells are all different elements on the one materia - I was looking for elements which didn't have a specific materia. Which is of course, Wind, Water and Holy.

Anyway, go ahead and post a question when you're ready.
    I would have posted a question haha but u just answered it!!!

Since you were talking about elements i was gonna ask about the Aero thing. Thanks for stealing my thunder haha. i'll think of something else

But Flare is stronger.
    I mean you could say that Fire 3 is the strongest if you pair it with MP Turbo and quadramagic, against enemies weak against fire. The point was to find out which magic could do the most damage (attack power) with a single attack. Flare is the winner, even though it does not start out on all enemies by default, it is quite easy to change that and it still dominates Ultima I believe, The reason i found this out was when i was fighting Ruby Weapon and wanted to kill off his 'arms' in order to fight him without them in the ground, i found that the quickest and most effective way was not with Ultima but with Flare. So i looked into the Kernel of the game and found that its attack is higher. The only way that Ultima could win the fight against Flare would be if it ignored an enemies defense or something, really making it the ultimate magic, however it isn't.
    My whole point is that it's very ambiguous to ask which is the "strongest" simply because you didn't specify how many enemies you were facing. Take, for example, the Emerald Weapon when it brings out those jewel things. If you use flare against them, you have to kill one at a time, which is horrendously inefficient. Ultima, on the other hand, can kill them all in one hit, and then, even if it isn't strong enough, it can kill them in two turns; much faster than one at a time. You should have specified that you were measuring the amount of damage it does to a single enemy.

Shriner
    Was simply measuring attack strength.. Flare would not be the best magic to use in all situations. Just as Ultima wouldn't be the best magic against Emerald and his little friends that come out. In that situation against emerald Demi 3 on all would be ur best choice, throwing out 9999.

Anyways for a new question, something a little different.

If in midgar you name Red13 'Nanaki', does Cloud still ask who Nanaki is when you go to cosmo canyon for the first time? Or at that point does Cloud simply say nothing and the game continue as the game code recognises his input name?

At best even if you have no idea its a 50/50 haha

The darkness writhes. execrable gumwrapper's Avatar
    Was simply measuring attack strength.. Flare would not be the best magic to use in all situations. Just as Ultima wouldn't be the best magic against Emerald and his little friends that come out. In that situation against emerald Demi 3 on all would be ur best choice, throwing out 9999.
    That's a horrible idea because Demi never kills an enemy...

Anyways for a new question, something a little different.

If in midgar you name Red13 'Nanaki', does Cloud still ask who Nanaki is when you go to cosmo canyon for the first time? Or at that point does Cloud simply say nothing and the game continue as the game code recognises his input name?

At best even if you have no idea its a 50/50 haha
    Nothing, they just say, "What? Nanaki's name is Nanaki?!"

Side note: Nanaki is a anagram of Anakin, another tip of the hat SE did for the George Lucas Star Wars franchise.

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by execrable gumwrapper View Post
    That's a horrible idea because Demi never kills an enemy...

Nothing, they just say, "What? Nanaki's name is Nanaki?!"
    Demi does a good job against Emerald, I guess ur right in the fact that it doesn't kill, but up to the point where an enemy has 14000 it will do 9999.

Yeh it is funny that they didn't take it into account and have some sort of 'if then' command to search for the values of the name you entered at the start of the game. But still funny when it happens.

Ask away

Palmer, you have gone too far! Rick Cristo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Death's Head View Post
    Side note: Nanaki is a anagram of Anakin, another tip of the hat SE did for the George Lucas Star Wars franchise.
    Didn't Squeenix almost get sued for using Wedge and Biggs aliases?

Also never noticed that about Nanaki. Crazy.

Not to split hairs too much, but they were Squaresoft at this point. They hadn't merged with enix.

^First thing I thought of when I read that as well.

Palmer, you have gone too far! Rick Cristo's Avatar
    Okay, I'm guessing the question has become forfeit therefore I am taking it upon myself to ask:

What is the name of the ShinRa television station?

A Captain Need Not Have a Eyepatch! Agent0042's Avatar
    You can't just assume the question has been forfeit-- you need to give the person who got the correct answer at least a semi-reasonable chance to ask a question.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] is active -- currently battle is Character Pairings!
    "When prayers turn to promises, not even fate can stand in their way. Wishes can come true. But not if you just wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves. Here and now." - Fang & Vanille
    If you're not reading Goat Pen, you're missing the web's best Final Fantasy fanfiction. ~~ [Hidden link. Register to see links.] ~~ [Hidden link. Register to see links.] - join us and sing!