Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Avoid Bootleg CD's! - List of legit sellers of Anime & VGM CD's

joypad, thanks! Useful information!

The Nonexistent Ranger AxemBlue's Avatar
    Curses! Those Chrono Trigger / Cross CDs I bought so long ago have the K-O icon on the case. Grr...

I won't make this mistake again. Thanks for the information!

Hey everyone, just wanted to spread the word on animengamemusic on ebay.

I ordered the Chrono Cross OST and FMA:Brotherhood OST (part 1) from them and both were labelled under K-O Records. Also, they threw in two free CDs, one had the Son May label on it, and the other one was labelled Miya (MICA).

They were good enough to offer a refund provided I send the discs back (which I just did today).

This was my first ebay order, and honestly the last thing I was thinking was that these would be bootlegged! Luckily I had a suspicion that something wasn't right, I just wish it had clicked in a little earlier. Nonetheless, this was a good lesson and an eye-opening experience.

Quote Originally Posted by mitsudafan View Post

I ordered the Chrono Cross OST and FMA:Brotherhood OST (part 1) from them and both were labelled under K-O Records. Also, they threw in two free CDs, one had the Son May label on it, and the other one was labelled Miya (MICA).

They were good enough to offer a refund provided I send the discs back (which I just did today).

This was my first ebay order, and honestly the last thing I was thinking was that these would be bootlegged! Luckily I had a suspicion that something wasn't right, I just wish it had clicked in a little earlier. Nonetheless, this was a good lesson and an eye-opening experience.
    ebay does offer good deals but make sure you check the record label and catalog number of the cd to know if its a bootleg or not. any bootlegs you receive should be reported to ebay for investigation.

master pokemon coordinator Dawn~Berlitz's Avatar
    anoter one to avoid if it hasnt been awlready mentioned is miya records its another bootlegger located in taiwan

I kinda hate to spoil this but to be honest...back during the 90's right after FF7 became a hit Ever Anime was just about the only way most Americans got their music. The reason i know this is because that was where i first bought the FF7 soundtrack. The music was great and the CD still works. In fact all of my video game music from the 90's up until i'd say 2002 came from them. I found out they were boot-leg in 2002. By then though so many legit businesses were selling the CDs online that i thought Ever Anime went outta business. Almost glad to see they still exist.

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AxemBlue View Post
    Curses! Those Chrono Trigger / Cross CDs I bought so long ago have the K-O icon on the case. Grr...

I won't make this mistake again. Thanks for the information!
    I got my Chrono Cross CDs from Ever Anime. One of the best buys i ever made. Also got FF 8 from them as well.
    I'm a mystery wrapped in an enigma wrapped in an AWESOME rack!

I am the saddest.

This thread is so old, but just before I was trying to clean out my CD's and see which were alright to depart from and sell off since there were many OST's that I never opened. Imagine my surprise that everywhere on the internet says they're ALL bootleg copies.

I bought all of my collection of OST's from Fushigi Yuugi compilations to annual Best Collection of Songs from 1996-1997 that were bought at various stores that are in popular areas of Taiwan, like night markets. One box of CD's I opened have either Golden Diamond or SM at the back. What do I even do now? I have three boxes worth!

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

I am the saddest.

This thread is so old, but just before I was trying to clean out my CD's and see which were alright to depart from and sell off since there were many OST's that I never opened. Imagine my surprise that everywhere on the internet says they're ALL bootleg copies.

I bought all of my collection of OST's from Fushigi Yuugi compilations to annual Best Collection of Songs from 1996-1997 that were bought at various stores that are in popular areas of Taiwan, like night markets. One box of CD's I opened have either Golden Diamond or SM at the back. What do I even do now? I have three boxes worth!

Shriner
    Otaku.co.uk are legit.

Edit: Sorry, necromancy *facepalm*

An updated list would be nice.
    RIP Satoru Iwata 1959-2015

Password_is_FrankerZ

Quote Originally Posted by mitsudafan View Post

Please name and shame the ebay seller if they are still selling these bootleg labels. I can add it to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Uvogin View Post
    An updated list would be nice.
    What would you like me to update exactly? Do you have a list of labels and ebay sellers that's not on the list?

Banned
    There's no way around dodgy ebay traders if you want to get everything that's available in upper sharing circles. You can't avoid boots, people.

You're in the wrong section.

This is a thread looking to buy legitimate soundtracks, not the cheap copies of them from the bootleg companies. There is nothing added to these track wise, they are in fact lacking in quality.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Anyone know of any legitimate sellers/stores on Amazon? There was a seller that listed correct catalog numbers for releases in the item description, but it seems they've closed down or something. Ironically I was just thinking about trying them out to see if they were truly legit.

Onion Kid
    Please delete! My mistake, the retailer doesn't sell CDs! >_<

Formerly SpikeRevell The Doctor's Avatar
    Are people sure that Son May is actually a bootlegger? I've looked the company up and I've read articles suggesting that they do license the music for release in Korea, and that their discs -- while cheaper -- are legally produced.

I ask because I've seen some fairly hard to find Ranma 1/2 CDs for sale on eBay that I'd like to get, but the whole lot of them are Son May releases. It's a regular user selling them, I'm not sure they're even aware that the discs are from Korea and not Japan.
    In my hands, I hold the ashes. In my veins, black pitch runs.