Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite and Least Favorite Character

Warrior Princess on the prowl for some Ramen Yu Kiyo's Avatar

Arrow Favorite and Least Favorite Character

Favourites: Ashe.
    Least Favourite: Vayne Solidor and Larsa. Stupid brothers.

You can put more than one.

Fav.--Ashe and Basche
    Least Fav.--Vaan and Fran
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Fave - Basch
    Least Fave - Vaan

Fav: Penelo
    Least: Fran

Larsa's pretty far from stoopid~
    If that's Lamont. It's been too long since I've played this game.

fav: basch
    least: def larsa. lil bastard

Onion Kid
    I'm only about 60 hours into the game and just got past Salikawood and heading into Archadia, but I'd have to say that my favorite characters are Fran and Balthier. They both have a lot to uncover about them and the exposition for their stories are truly exciting.

Vaan is extremely whiny and Penelo serves absolutely no purpose. Basch is just whatever and Ashe is awesome but playing a very stereotypical role.

What's with the hate on Larsa? He's really awesome.

Warrior Princess on the prowl for some Ramen Yu Kiyo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by breakdownpyk View Post
    I'm only about 60 hours into the game and just got past Salikawood and heading into Archadia, but I'd have to say that my favorite characters are Fran and Balthier. They both have a lot to uncover about them and the exposition for their stories are truly exciting.

Vaan is extremely whiny and Penelo serves absolutely no purpose. Basch is just whatever and Ashe is awesome but playing a very stereotypical role.

What's with the hate on Larsa? He's really awesome.
    I was 30-40 hours into the game at that point. I can't believe I got that far.
    I think Ashe is great along with Basch, I give him hammers, unfortuantely Vaan is gay for me. I'm at Lvl. 30-31, what level are you?

Onion Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Yu Kiyo View Post
    I was 30-40 hours into the game at that point. I can't believe I got that far.
    I think Ashe is great along with Basch, I give him hammers, unfortuantely Vaan is gay for me. I'm at Lvl. 30-31, what level are you?
    I've been doing a LOT of grinding and a lot of side questing for hunts and loot gathering.

Honestly I'm level 63 right now, but I'm also now 73 hours into the game. :P

I Am The One They Call: Meowth Mixer Tanis's Avatar
    Fav: Penelo, Fran, Ashe
    Least: Vaan, Larse, *random lizard person*

Faves: Reddas, Vossler, Judge Gabranth

Hate: Everyone else. The plot and characters for this game were ripped off from Star Wars for the first half, and then they excuse all the villains by saying they were mind controlled by funky spirits. Lame.
    Check out my blog: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Stuff Your Eyes with Wonder Dr Faustus's Avatar
    Fav: Fran
    Least : Vaan

"There must be something in books, something we canít imagine, to make a woman stay in a burning house... "

Favorite: Basch. I'd go so far as to say he was the only good thing about this game. Balthier was a pretty cool guy as well.
    Least: Vaan. Worst FF protagonist ever. People who think Tidus was the worst FF protagonist have never played this game.
    Last.fm: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Favourite: Difficult, almost every character has something awesome, Balthier is the leading man.

But my favourite goes for the Gran Kilitias Anastasis. "I do not sleep my child, I dream... For illusion and reality are a duality... Two parts of a whole"

Hate: ASHE. ¨¨

I don't think that Vaan is the worst FF protagonist ever, In my opinion no one in FFXII is a protagonist everyone plays their role, the most near to a protagonist in FFXII is Ashe, the worse in my opinion would be the CD 3, 4 Squall, Terra and Zidane.

And FFXII is not an FF in my opinion, but I love it, Matsuno's games are just excellent. By the way I'm new around here so "Hello everybody, I give you all my blessings to your virtues"

Opeth rules. You should check them out. poptart fantastico's Avatar
    Fav is Ashe, cause she has a sweet Ashe. Er, ass.
    Least fav is uhh... yeah, the lizards.

This is Opeth - the best progressive death metal band EVER.

Quote Originally Posted by topopoz View Post
    I don't think that Vaan is the worst FF protagonist ever, In my opinion no one in FFXII is a protagonist everyone plays their role, the most near to a protagonist in FFXII is Ashe, the worse in my opinion would be the CD 3, 4 Squall, Terra and Zidane.

And FFXII is not an FF in my opinion, but I love it, Matsuno's games are just excellent.
    Ah, but neither is Terra a sole protagonist in FFVI...

But I think that's an interesting point in the last sentence. I might have liked this game better as a proper FFT entry instead of passed off as part of the main series. It is not well set up to give a nuclear experience like a 'traditional' FF.

Hot: Basch fon Rosenburg. Who else? Best story in the game.
    Not: Pretty much everyone else excluding Balthier and Larsa.

Quote Originally Posted by doomjockey View Post
    But I think that's an interesting point in the last sentence. I might have liked this game better as a proper FFT entry instead of passed off as part of the main series. It is not well set up to give a nuclear experience like a 'traditional' FF.
    Totally agree on this, it would have been much better in that way, by just chaging the title things would have been very different, of course it wouldn't have selled the way it did.

Onion Kid
    Ashe because she's not the typical damsel in distress she's strong as a person.
    I hated Fran i like her as a character but her voice is something to be desired. It's like she was stripped of all emotion I know she's supposed to be all dark mage or whatever like Lulu but did they both have to be so typically dark emo gothic look? That's the thing I didn't like just because she's wearing all black and is in boots she talks as if she has no emotions. But as a character I like her she's also strong.

Onion Kid
    Fav - Gabranth and Bashe - i loved the whole 2 brothers who made different choices with the ultimate goal in mind, both swore loyalty to different kingdoms with leaders to protect, leading them to different paths.

Least Fav - Vaan, Penelo - it was so clear that they were written in at a late stage, as once the Gabranth/Bashe, Ashe/Gods and Balthier/Cid stories kick off, they are compltly ignored except for a few cookie cutter scenes that didnt need them anyway. game would have been so miuch better if it had cut them compltly, started off purely as Bashe and then to Ashe and her rebels attacking the castle.

Faves: Fran and Balthier

Least Faves: Vayne

Favorite: Basche, Penelo

Least Favorite: Dr. Cid

Onion Kid
    Favorites: Balthier, Basch, Ashe, Vayne, Al-Cid, Dr. Cid

Least favorites: Ba'Gamnan

Favourite - Fran, i think her 'mysterious' story makes her really cool

Least - Penelo, i hate when she says "here we go" , "i got it", "no turning back" during her quickenings.

I just arrived at the Stilshrine of Miriam, but halted so I could do some leveling. At this point I really don't care for Vaan and Penelo. Besides Vaan's brother Reks serving with Basch, Vaan nor Penelo doesn't seem to have any real impact on the story at this point.

No, they don't from the moment you've arrive to bujherba. Isn't that great? Penelo doesn't annoy me at all, in fact, I like her personality but Vaan...
    V for Valhalla

Favourite: Fran
    Least favourite: Probably Penelo