Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910

Thread: Most Ignored Final Fantasy

I Am The One They Call: Meowth Mixer Tanis's Avatar
    Thing I don't like about FF9 was how 'forced' the ending was.

Hey, Kuja isn't 'evil' he's misunderstood....................and everyone accepts it because they're the good guys................
    W-T-H?

Also:
    Never been a big fan of 'chibi'.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

I thought the ending was pretty good, but I sure didn't agree with Zidane running back in to save Kuja :-/ I don't care that that's his brother; if that were my brother and he did all the stuff Kuja does, I'd leave his spiky ass there to die! Kuja destroys entire civilizations by proxy of a fat queen and even destroys an entire world. That's more than three strikes; he's more than out at the old~, ball~, gaaaame~!

in the end, though, kuja helped the party escape from that dungeon.

My ultimate game soundtrack request: Master of Monsters: Disciples of Gaia (complete soundtrack) - Ongoing almost 20 years now, this was one of my favorite soundtracks growing up. If ANYONE can rip the entire soundtrack, which is about 30 tracks, I will be eternally grateful. Even though it would be a fleeting dream at this point...

I Am The One They Call: Meowth Mixer Tanis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aces4839 View Post
    in the end, though, kuja helped the party escape from that dungeon.
    Yeah, but he should have just remained evil.
    >_>

Redemption for one of the final villains is not necessarily a bad thing. It also doesn't happen in a lot of Final Fantasies (except 4 where it happens to be a super strong theme).
    http://rageboxx.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    I thought the ending was pretty good, but I sure didn't agree with Zidane running back in to save Kuja :-/ I don't care that that's his brother; if that were my brother and he did all the stuff Kuja does, I'd leave his spiky ass there to die! Kuja destroys entire civilizations by proxy of a fat queen and even destroys an entire world. That's more than three strikes; he's more than out at the old~, ball~, gaaaame~!
    i get your point.
    But I think that just shows how damn caring Zidane is. LoL
    Even his psycho-world haters brother can't make him turn his back.
    Although i have little simphaty for Kuja despite the fact that he is the true villain of the story.
    I remember in Smallville, if Kal-El never adopted by Kents, and instead by Luthor, the world will face its doom.
    So is our Hero. If He's not raised with Tantalus, Gaia will done for good because according to Garland reference, Zidane is far more superior than Kuja when he is riped. I can't Blame Kuja for his behaviour, I just blaming his action.

Im a big fan of FFIX and agree that it doesn't get as mutch recognition as i believe it diserved. ( my best friend and i wagged school to go buy this game the day it was released ) My other best mate who is also a big fan of the series has never played Nine. He regrets this now however, and has said that the 'cartoony graphic style' as he called it in those days, was what originally put him off.

I have found that a few people i know also didnt like/or play Nine because of the graphics style.
    I find this funny now because FFIX is the one i can go back and play the easiest because the graphics dont feel like they have ages that much to me, mostly due to the 'Cartoony' as my friend called it, graphics.

A lot of people seem to ignore this game because it was at the end of the PSone era and the beginning of the PS2 era.
    It is not hugely overlooked, but compared to the PSone FF games. This is the step-child of them.

Now in my opinion, this is the best Final Fantasy.

But the most ignored is obviously FFIII, it took years for it to finally come to NA. And that was full 3D remake on the DS (later iphone and android).
    And I hear tales it will be released on the PSP (not the Vita, but the PSP)

The creators of FFIX themselves, feel that FFIX is the better of the series and some of them even wanted to make a sequel. With all these offshoots of game, who knows, that may happen.

But I understand how you feel, a lot of my friends never played FFIX and never do plan on it because they say it "sucks" compared to FFVII or FFX.
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT IS MORPHING TIME!"

Shriner
    Because of two reasons

1. The graphics style. A lot of people were turned off to how the graphics were done compared to VIII and VII.

2. The main character was different personality wise compared to VIII and VII. People wanted another tough guy who was a jerk along with being devoid of any sort of emotion I guess.

its sad that SE never showed FFIX much love, despite the fact that many fans still love the game very much... many new to FF might also put off by the graphic style and all, but to be frank i dont think the character really look that bad in game. zidane is probably my favourite FF protagonist of all time, sure he doesnt have good look like laguna, squall, balthier, basch, cloud, seifer, kain(and the list goes on) he has a tail that i really wanna try grabbing, his trance is so ugly but seriously, apart from all that, who would not like him?

ff9 is awesome def not the most ignored........most ignored is definetely that one for the WII that nobody ever played and doesn't even have a section on the forums anywhere, obviously the most ignored

From the main series, maybe IX is the most ignored FF.

I think there are 2 reasons:

1.- No teenagers, gay-looking guys or pretty girls (VIII, XIII, VsXIII...), no stupid fightning scenes and no fashion.

Today's anime is full of garbage too.

2.- The people who said that FFVII is the best game ever ignored FFIX.

FFVII was considered the best game ever because it contains complex elements, but FFIX got complex elements too: Kuja's look and behaviour, genomes, the Invinvible... The theme for both games is life but both titles got something hard to understand :/

General Final Fantasy?

What about Crystal Chronicles, Echoes of Time, Rings of Fate...?
    ?

IX is by far the most beloved in the franchise for me. While both VII and VIII have their places, it was the focus on droll and angst-ridden protagonists that ultimately make these two seem less attractive to me.

I don't think it's the most ignored, but I do think some people at first glance think it's too kiddish. Personally I think the game is amazing, the art style, the music, the story. It's just an awesome game.

---------- Post added at 02:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 AM ----------

Also if anyone's interested, I've reviewed a vivi figure

Grand Shriner
    The problem FF9 has, is that necron came out of nowhere.He is even less developed than zeromus is, and zeromus got a little bit of development during the very end.its hard to develop a villain with good reason to be a villain when he has little development.If there were to be more rumors about him, or perhaps little hints during the entire game, that would have helped a lot.

Onion Kid
    Well i am certainly not a huge fan of Kuja but i am sure that he is not an evil.

Shriner
    I don't think this title is ignored at all. In fact, it's quite the opposite. Along with VI, VII and VIII, IX is often cited as one of the best in the series. The true underrated ones in my opinion are III and V. Both great games that don't get the credit they deserve.

I feel like VI and IX are the most ignored with IV just behind it... It's kinda sad really. And not just more neglected by the fans, but by the creators as well. I feel kinda sad that VI and IX have almost no merchandise at all and they are two of my favorites in the entire series. Not to mention it has a beautiful cast of characters that get pushed back behind characters like Cloud and Squall whom while are good characters (in most people's opinion), get too much damn attention.

I definitely feel like V and IV get ignored the most, a little bit of IX too. Sure IV has gotten ports and stuff but, generally when talking about classics it's ignored for VI or VII, which I love both but... IV was my first so it holds a very special place in my heart. In terms of merch I think IV/V/VI all are ignored though. Especially VI.

well, if it's too much to deal with, face it later.

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Roast Chicken View Post
    From the main series, maybe IX is the most ignored FF.

I think there are 2 reasons:

1.- No teenagers, gay-looking guys or pretty girls (VIII, XIII, VsXIII...), no stupid fightning scenes and no fashion.

2.- The people who said that FFVII is the best game ever ignored FFIX.
    1. Half the cast are teenagers. I'm not sure what you mean by "gay looking guys" but both Zidane and Kuja are extremely feminine looking. Would you not say Garnet or Beatrix are pretty? As for stupid fighting scenes and fashion, I'm not all too sure what you mean.

2. FFVII is the best game ever in my opinion, and I didn't ignore FFIX. It is one of my all time favourites.

Onion Kid
    I think FF IX is possible the best Final Fantasy ever. I do think it was more popular then Final Fantasy VIII and less popular then FF VII and FF VI; but this is based on my own experiences, not hard data analysis.

It's not the most ignored. Only the second most – second only to that heap of festering drivel, XIV.

Neither one is the Almighty Lord & Saviour, FFVII, therefore their neglected, scorned existences in the annals of obsolete history is deserved.
    The following statement is true. The previous statement is false.

꧁Heart & mind unfolding꧂ franzito's Avatar
    By me number III
    フランジト

Check out my [Hidden link. Register to see links.] (good & rare stuff) : D