Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131418 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Final Fantasy VIII Rumble

Silent Shriner #0
    I don't take kindly to the fact that you don't take kindly to the ones that do know what's going on that I do take kindly to. I also don't take kindly to those with no sense of humor.

always running alonelikethewolf's Avatar
    then take kindly to me boy, i do take kindly to the people who take kindly the feelins of other people who take kindly to you, me and every other person on this site

Silent Shriner #0
    I too take kindly to those who do take kindly to the feelings of other people who take kindly to me and take kindly to every other person on this site. But I don't take kindly to those who call me "boy". Not young enough to even look like a boy.

ah i was talkin old western cowboy style, jus take it easy man, im not a bad guy really, im off to bed nice talk hope to be abused tomoro

Silent Shriner #0
    And you will.

nn

A Captain Need Not Have a Eyepatch! Agent0042's Avatar
    Erm, yeah, I have no idea what that was all about, but I'll let it ride, seeing as we're only doing nominations right now.

In any case, I'm planning to start this in about 18-24 hours. So if anyone has anymore nominations, get them in.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] is active -- currently battle is Character Pairings!
    "When prayers turn to promises, not even fate can stand in their way. Wishes can come true. But not if you just wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves. Here and now." - Fang & Vanille
    If you're not reading Goat Pen, you're missing the web's best Final Fantasy fanfiction. ~~ [Hidden link. Register to see links.] ~~ [Hidden link. Register to see links.] - join us and sing!

Quote Originally Posted by IDX Rider View Post
    They were never really a boss. Sure they were part of the boss battle, but Elvoret (sp?) was the boss, not them.
    Now that's plain discrimination. Just because they were weak, doesn't mean they weren't bosses. But... I guess, I get Your point. So maybe lets just leave it at the battle in the prison alone.

Silent Shriner #0
    Quote Originally Posted by DVDos View Post
    Now that's plain discrimination. Just because they were weak, doesn't mean they weren't bosses. But... I guess, I get Your point. So maybe lets just leave it at the battle in the prison alone.
    Yes. Because they were a boss then.

All right, whatever. In any case, here's what we have and no more weird arguing like that now that battles are actually starting again, 'K?

Anyways, I basically just went with the full list of nominations with only one addition-- it seems there just aren't really all that many bosses in this game. Here we are...

Ifrit
    X-ATM092
    Elvoret
    Fake President/Gerogero
    Iguions
    Biggs and Wedge (Desert Prison)
    BGH251F2 "Iron Clad"
    NORG
    Edea (Galbadia Garden)
    Abadon
    Fujin & Raijin (Final Form)
    Mobile Type 8
    Seifer (Final Form)
    Adel
    Sphinxaur/Sphinxara
    Tri-Point
    Krysta
    Trauma
    Red Giant
    Catoblepas
    Tiamat
    Gargantua
    Ultimecia
    Griever
    Diablos
    Sacred/Minotaur
    Cerberus
    Tonberry King
    Jumbo Cactuar
    Bahamut
    Ultima Weapon
    Omega Weapon

And now, our first battle...

Fake President/Gerogero (Cannon fodder? Once you've blown away the ridiculous Fake President form, Gerogero can be easily eliminated with a Phoenix Down or X-Potion because it's undead. But unlike other FFs, your characters don't have the Item command in battle by default, so if you don't have Item, this battle could be more difficult. Gerogero uses a lot of status effects on your characters, though it's weak against fire-based magic. Use this for an easier time. For winning, you receive 20 AP and perhaps a Zombie Powder.)

vs.

Gargantua (One of the many of Ultimecia's servants, which will release a sealed power upon defeat. To make it show up, first you have to fight all three parts of a regular Vysage. Then a giant form called Gargantua appears. It likes to use Berserk and has a powerful Counter Twist that it uses against physical attacks. Its HP is on the low side for late in the game, only around 10 to 15 thousand. For winning, you receive 42 AP and you might receive a Magic Armlet.)

Silent Shriner #0
    Gargantua

Fake President/Gerogero. I really loved the scenario and I like battles on trains. Also the first time I got The End (but it didn't WORK )

Thanks Neg for the banner!!

Gargantua

VGM [Hidden link. Register to see links.] - Currently CUSTOM songlist and 10th ANNIVERSARY encores
    VGM [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Gargantua.

gerogero

I Am The One They Call: Meowth Mixer Tanis's Avatar
    Fake President/Gerogero:

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Fake President/Gerogero

Cheer Up Emo Time Lord Ruttokoira's Avatar
    Fake President/Gerogero

Gargantua.

Fake President/Gerogero

On a forgotten page of eternity
    There lies a land embraced by mighty gods.
    Her name... Eorzea.

Fake President / Gerogero - 5
    Gargantua - 5

Well, it looks like we have a tie here. All right-- here's what we're going to do-- next vote that comes in from somebody who hasn't already voted breaks the tie. If nobody else votes within the next... let's give it about 12-18 hours or so, then I flip a coin.

Fake President/Gerogero

All right, thanks! That's it then...

Fake President / Gerogero - 6
    Gargantua - 5

A somewhat surprising (to me, anyway) victory for Gerogero.

Next up...

Iguions (This battle is fought using Squall and Irvine. One of them carries the GF Carbuncle, so you want to make sure to Draw that. This two like to use Petrify based attacks, but aren't very heavy on the HP--> only 127-1747. Summon Brothers works well against them. They give up 10 AP for a win, but no item.)

vs.

BGH251F2 "Iron Clad" (This is really something of a comic battle, though it can be a bit challenging, particularly if you chose a short time limit and the clock is ticking. This stupid piece of crap is what they send after Selphie and co. when they're trying to escape from the Missile Base. It has anywhere for 4200-8400 HP and, therefore, depending on how well you've been working on junctions or other stats, could easily be taken out way fast. Being a mechanized menace, it is naturally vulnerable to lightning-based magic and summon Quezacotl. Brothers can also deal heavy damage. It gives up 20 AP for winning, but again, no item. It has a powerful beam cannon attack, but if you cripple it quickly enough, it can't use it. Depending on how you fight it, you may get various bits of amusing dialogue from the soldiers that are manning it as you cripple various parts of it. The Iron Clad returns in Fisherman's Horizon to briefly give Squall and his chosen party a hassle, but it's in really bad shape and turns out to be only cover for Selphie and her returning team, who took shelter in it just as the Missile Base was going kaboom.)

BGH251F2 "Iron Clad"

Quote Originally Posted by arthurgolden View Post
    BGH251F2 "Iron Clad"
    I generally hate robot tanks with hard-to-remember names, but I thought it was funny how the twist is you were actually fighting Selphie and co.

Righful owner of the matrix jewess crabcake's Avatar
    Iguions because I liked the Squall & Irvine team.

You own a Xbox 360? Join the [Hidden link. Register to see links.] today!