Thread: Final fantasy IX Trivia

The dullness of fools is the whetstone of the wit. impudent urinal's Avatar
    Correct Q-tip.

ok :3

How many frogs does one have to catch to be rewarded with:
    1. The Silver Fork?
    2. The Bistro Fork?
    3. The Gastro Fork?

i'm pretty sure the Silver Fork is like 23 or something, then the Bistro Fork was 10 more, so i'll say 33, then the Gastro Fork is 99 =]

Correct :3

When defeating the crystal version of Tiamat found in the crystal world before fighting Kuja for the last time, how much EXP (per person) would 3 team members receive if they all the 'Level Up' bonus equipped?

A Captain Need Not Have a Eyepatch! Agent0042's Avatar
    I'm going to go with it being a trick question and say 0 because I seem to recall that none of the crystal forms of those bosses gave any EXP whatsoever. Unless Tiamat was an exception...

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] is active -- currently battle is Character Pairings!
    "When prayers turn to promises, not even fate can stand in their way. Wishes can come true. But not if you just wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves. Here and now." - Fang & Vanille
    If you're not reading Goat Pen, you're missing the web's best Final Fantasy fanfiction. ~~ [Hidden link. Register to see links.] ~~ [Hidden link. Register to see links.] - join us and sing!

I didn't think any bosses in IX gave exp? I may be confusing it with another FF though.

Right on, and though I don't think, technically, the boss music plays when you fight the crystal forms, I still don't think they give any EXP.

lol Agent you got it, your turn

Okay, this could be a toughie (I only found about it myself recently), but let's give it a try-- when you first visit the trunk of Cleyra, there is a treasure chest that you simply cannot reach. It's only possible to obtain the contents of this treasure chest (which contains a Silk Robe) by completing certain events in town. So what do you have to do to get this treasure chest?

Don't you have to save Puck? Although I think that's mandatory, but it could lead back to the treasure. But I don't know.

Actually, by the time you've saved Puck, it's already too late to trigger the event that gets you this. Though, in a certain way, you're actually kinda close with that answer. Not gonna say more than that at this point, though.

I may be thinking of a different game, but can't you save a kid or two from falling? (it's similar to Kilika in FFX, where you can save a kid from falling, then go back and get a treasure). That's pretty much all I got, I really need to play this again.

Shriner
    Yeh that is a hard one i think.. It would have to have something to do with saving, or letting people die.

im going to say you use the ATE where Puck is running up the trunk?

It's the one where Quina goes in search of food and you have to save 'em. "No Munchies" or something like that the ATE is called.

It does have to do with Quina, but there's more to it then that.

Katachi-Makoto-Kotowari Szczepan's Avatar
    First you have to watch No Yummy-Yummies and There A Mushroom! ATE's, in order to find Quina near the sand whirpool ( where later there will be Antlion boss fight ). Quina will jump into it thinking it's an ice cream and Zidane will jump right after to save her/him. Thanks to this they will land in an area that was unaccessible before with two chests - Silk Robe and Magician Shoes (hidden). That's all, i think.

You got it! You got even more than I asked with the info about the hidden chest. Your go.

I came, I saw, I levelled up. FF1WithAllThieves's Avatar
    I'm not tossing out accusations, Szczepan, but that's a lot of very specific stuff to recall. I don't mean to suggest that you couldn't possibly have remembered all of that (I remembered that you had to watch the ATEs and then jump in the quicksand, but you beat me to the punch) but is it fully clear to everybody here that you aren't allowed to look up the answers? Szczepan, I will trust you if you say you weren't cheating.
    Johannes Brahms is God.

There are a lot of answers in all the trivia threads that sound like they'd be found in a walkthrough somewhere. It's the negative side of a trivia thread. It's hard to proove if someone looked up their answer or not, but I learned to just not care anymore, if they want to take the time to look it up just so they can ask some obscure question, let them.

Also, I got it right. How specific do you want me to be at all without being a cheating bastard? I only remebered because I played through that part like three days ago.

You got the name of the ATE's wrong and you didn't mention anything about fighting Antlion (or any mob). You weren't correct.

Owen, relax man, next time give a little more detail and you'll be fine. But for now its Szcezepan's turn

Katachi-Makoto-Kotowari Szczepan's Avatar
    Ok, now something different. In japanese ver of the game there is an attack called Jihad. It's not a completely new attack, but just a different name for a one, known from english version under different name. It was changed during translation, probably because of controversial background of that word. Jihad can be understood as a holy war against enemies of Islam. It is a word, that fundamentalists use as an excuse for terrorism. Just give me a name of that attack in english ver.
    Hint - this attack is dangerous, if you don't know what you are doing

btw

I did indeed, took a peek into guide for exact names of those 2 ATE's. It's been years since I've re-played FFIX, so it's impossible for me to remember name of every ATE in the game. As for the scene with Quina jumping into a whirpool after eating a (hallucinogenic ) mushroom - well...it's hard not to remember it;P If I did broke rules here, I apologize. You can ignore my question, if you think i cheated.