Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst 123456789101454 ... LastLast

Thread: Final fantasy IX Trivia

Shriner
    so... I have three? o.oa

No. Your first post had two correct answers, the one you just made had only one, that doesn't necessarily mean you had three.

Thanks Neg for the banner!!

Shriner
    Oh I see. Then I'll try with four complete answers this time.

The scene where Cinna doesn't want one of the Enero brothers to borrow his hammer.

When Zidane searches for Dagger near after the events in Mt Gulug and before you set off on the Hilda Garde 3.

Maybe the scene when Marcus keeps correcting Baku for saying Dr. Tot's name wrong.

I'm recalling that its Eiko's theme playing when she drops the letter... so I'll have to go with the scene where Baku drops the letter near the canal and later on laughs when he can't seem to find it on him.

Quite the challenge. XD

Back to a total of two correct. Heh.

so like..these are all at least the same one, not that you can mention if it's correct or not.

-Scene when Steiner tells Tantalus abot how Dagger/Garnet is missing.

-when Zidane is searching Alexandria for Garnet just before the launch of the Hilda Garde III airship.

-When Zidane searches for Dagger near after the events in Mt Gulug and before you set off on the Hilda Garde 3.

are these the same?

-The scene where Cinna doesn't want one of the Enero brothers to borrow his hammer.

-perhaps one time its played is when cinna can't find his hammer. And then he argues with one of the enero bros. on a ladder about how lending his hammer is like lending your ____. and he can't find it because it's in the players inventory haha.

or he has the hammer and doesn't want to give it out?

either way its a scene eh.

3. (checked the previous posts it doesn't look like there's been three mentioned altogether..)

-
    Quote Originally Posted by vorvel
    3.? - Judging by the order of the soundtrack, the first time "Theme of Tantalus" is played is when you're in control of Dagger and join up with Marcus to search for the Supersoft in Treno. That is near the start of disc 2 so then I'm guessing no parts in disc one had this theme played.

SAME AS 2.: I'm guessing the next time you hear it is after Linblum is attacked and Tantalus begins to rebuild thier hideout shown in an ATE where Cinna doesn't want one of the Enero brothers to borrow his hammer.

THIS IS SAME AS 1.: Judging by the correct guesses here, another time its played is when Zidane searches for Dagger before the Hilda Garde 3 launch. Near when she gets her voice back I believe.
    4. Checked scripts online for ffix and there's actually one but the text is in french XP. But it is intelligible that it's right before Cinna wants to make coffee after exiting evil forest.
    "Do you think a wasted life is honorable or something?" - Rose (Legend of Dragoon)

A Captain Need Not Have a Eyepatch! Agent0042's Avatar
    If this isn't it, then please just award it to whoever's the closest. Enough of this question.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] is active -- currently battle is Character Pairings!
    "When prayers turn to promises, not even fate can stand in their way. Wishes can come true. But not if you just wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves. Here and now." - Fang & Vanille
    If you're not reading Goat Pen, you're missing the web's best Final Fantasy fanfiction. ~~ [Hidden link. Register to see links.] ~~ [Hidden link. Register to see links.] - join us and sing!

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanine View Post
    so like..these are all at least the same one, not that you can mention if it's correct or not.
    I normally wouldn't, but I will in the end now since I'm being kicked off.

-Scene when Steiner tells Tantalus abot how Dagger/Garnet is missing.

-when Zidane is searching Alexandria for Garnet just before the launch of the Hilda Garde III airship.

-When Zidane searches for Dagger near after the events in Mt Gulug and before you set off on the Hilda Garde 3.
    Those actually aren't all the same, the first is different from the other two it takes place in Lindblum. The other two are the same though.

are these the same?

-The scene where Cinna doesn't want one of the Enero brothers to borrow his hammer.

-perhaps one time its played is when cinna can't find his hammer. And then he argues with one of the enero bros. on a ladder about how lending his hammer is like lending your ____. and he can't find it because it's in the players inventory haha.

or he has the hammer and doesn't want to give it out?

either way its a scene eh.
    Yes they're the same.

3. (checked the previous posts it doesn't look like there's been three mentioned altogether..)

- (vorvel's quote)
    Nice deduction there, the "SAME AS 2" is correct, and since your 1 is actually two different ones, his third answer is same as part of your "1". And yes, the Supersoft thing would be a new one so far so I'm taking it that's your "3".

4. Checked scripts online for ffix and there's actually one but the text is in french XP. But it is intelligible that it's right before Cinna wants to make coffee after exiting evil forest.
    Okay.

So... seeing as your "1" covers two different things, that's actually a total of five guesses. But nice job, you're the first to mention a total of three correct. I'd love to keep this going, but I guess I will give it to you since Agent's kicking me off :P

But anyway, these were the answers I was looking for:

1. As most of you guessed, the hammer incident ATE in Lindblum.

2. An ATE in Lindblum where Steiner goes and tells Tantalus about Garnet being missing and asks for their help, also at the construction site (some of you got this).

3. Alexandria when Zidane is searching for Dagger right before she cuts her hair and the boarding of Hilda Garde 3. A lot of you got this one as well (Arcanine I don't know how you got that this was the same as the second one I listed, ones in Alexandria and one's an ATE in Lindblum).

So the above three were all mentioned a lot, but Arcanine was the first to mention all three at once. There is one more, though, which has not been guessed by anyone, and I'm not surprised as it is tricky! This is it:

4. During your third time in Lindblum, right before you get the Blue Narciss, at one point in the Business District there's a scene where Quina is eating the Gysahl pickles from the stand (this isn't it yet). Zidane ends up being forced to pay 100 gil for it. BUT, if Zidane doesn't have 100 gil (which would be absurd and unlikely to happen naturally, you'd have to purposely spend down to below 100 gil to do this), then someone else must suffer. If this happens, around when you leave Lindblum, you get to see an ATE called "Give Me My Money" where Baku has to pay for the pickles instead. Our very own "Theme of the Tantalus" is played during this elusive ATE.

I didn't know this ATE existed until my third playthrough where I was using walkthroughs and letting myself watch every scene in the game (of course I didn't save after having seen that ATE for obvious reasons). Did any of you who have been guessing know about it?

BTW, a lot of you kept guessing the gate coffee scene and the stuff in Alexandria at the start of Disc 3. What plays then is "We Are Thieves!" a variation of the Tantalus theme.

Anyway, go on Arcanine.

Oh Snap! That was a tricky(but good) one. Well Done Zak on picking that one up!

the question is..did Agent know??

poll:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zak
    I didn't know this ATE existed until my third playthrough where I was using walkthroughs and letting myself watch every scene in the game (of course I didn't save after having seen that ATE for obvious reasons). Did any of you who have been guessing know about it?

Not I. Don't have the game or system anymore and didn't do any extra stuff before losing access to it, or my only sister has it and is another thing she'll never tell me for the rest of my life.

question: without looking it up what is the name of the finger you need to acquire as part of the excalibur II quest?

simply because I don't know and forgot..

Finger? Well there's the Magical Fingertip for the regular Excalibur... if that's what you're thinking of. I think you just need to rush for Excalibur II.

Zak's right, you do not need any items for the second Excalibur.

Okay, for Excalibur I then, the guy you give it to in the library in daguerro, what's that guys name?

can't think of a more interesting and difficult but not technical question other than

-who got sick in Bran Bal: Dagger or Eiko and why?

or

-what species is the stellazio lady in Treno?

I came, I saw, I levelled up. FF1WithAllThieves's Avatar
    Dagger had a flashback and got sick, and Queen Stella is a duck. You only get one question, though, so it goes to Zak.
    Johannes Brahms is God.

praise order...

yeah just forget about the finger/excalibur question then.

zaks turn.

Fine, okay, sorry I'm late, couldn't thing of anything better, so another music question (groans in the background) but this one is easier! I promise!

If you look at a list of the songs on the "Plus" soundtrack (I won't consider that cheating for this question), it's apparent that most of them are mainly for FMVs. There are a few exceptions, however, like some non-FMV scenes with dialogue, and such. So which one is not only not an FMV, but also not a scene, i.e. the background for an entire location, where you control? Specify the said location as well.

You may look at a list of them, and even listen if you want, just no youtube.

Shinra Parade Millenium version? It plays inside part of the theater ship only during an ATE.

That's indeed one of the exceptions. However, I specified I was looking for a place where you control. By that, I mean... walk around in, and stuff, not just press X to go between lines of dialogue. Sorry if that was unclear. But usually when I say a whole location, that should mean not a "scene" not part where you just press X and read dialogue, thought that was clear enough.

Oh, I thought the "not" carried over into the "where you control." I get it now. So is it Zidane and Dagger's song, then?

And where would that be? (It isn't)

don't tease the octopus Meltigemini's Avatar
    Kuja's Theme - Millennium Version in the Desert Palace.

You got it, Melti!

Which ability takes the most stones to equip, and how many does it need?

Would it be 'Power Throw' at 19 stones?
    Still in search of forgiveness |[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

It would indeed. Your go.

Explain the connection and (the event that occurs) with the following:

Une's Mirror
    Black Mage Village
    Doga's Artefact
    Phonograph