Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 1234567891353 ... LastLast

Thread: Final fantasy IX Trivia

Heal the body, heal the heart... Enkidoh's Avatar
    Damn, it's been so long since I last played FFIX, but I do remember that theme played towards the end of disc 3, when Zidane is searching Alexandria for Garnet just before the launch of the Hilda Garde III airship.

There are of course other instances where it's played, but that's about the only one I remember.
    enkffxisig-new-small

Well Enkidoh, I was expecting people to post four as a guess, that's why I didn't tell Arcanine which one of his was correct, much like Agent didn't tell us in our guesses in the last question since it was a "list" question, but since I didn't specify that I will tell you that that is indeed one of them.

One of the ones that Arcanine posted is another (but I didn't say which one), and there are two more.

Thanks Neg for the banner!!

I came, I saw, I levelled up. FF1WithAllThieves's Avatar
    One of them is when they're in that forest area with the spring, when Cinna wants to make coffee.
    Johannes Brahms is God.

Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by zak
    Sorry Arcanine, only one of those is correct. Another is close but not quite.
    Quote Originally Posted by zak
    Nope.
    Zak: and now you both must saw your right leg off from the shin down and put your head in a hornet's nest for your transgressions of forgetfulness.

aha...this is a good one..like when scotty warped Kirk, the captain and Spok back aboard the enterprise.....yeah.

- the South Gate bundt cake tardiness incident between Cinna and Baku?
    "Do you think a wasted life is honorable or something?" - Rose (Legend of Dragoon)

Sorry, not one.

Okay, This is what I think:

-Rebuilding of Tantalus hideout with hammer incident.
    -Scene in Alexandria when Tantalus try to 'cheer up' Zidane(start of disk 3)
    -Scene when Steiner tells Tantalus abot how Dagger/Garnet is missing.
    -???I dont know???Maybe the scene in Alexandria castle when you are dressed in a Knight of Pluto outfit searching to kidnap the Princess right at the start fo the game.

Only two of those are correct, Shadow... as for which two, you'll have to guess again...

I'll note that one of them that hasn't been mentioned yet is rather tricky and I'm not sure I expect anyone to get it.

tricky..as in it's a scene without a member of tantulus physically in it but could be mentioned by someone else in the scene?

- Rebuilding of Tantalus hideout with hammer incident.

- Scene in Alexandria when Tantalus try to 'cheer up' Zidane(start of disk 3)

it is kind of a slow tune, so dramatic scenes should be out? and I remember anyway that waiting in stolen knights of pluto outfits in the guard room during the kidnap Garnet scenes that it was silent like in the Tantalus ship (what's that things name? not Hilda Guard or Red Rose or Invincible...) board room when Baku asks you whether to kidnap Brahne or Garnet.

how 'bout:

- when its night time and Zidane and Garnet are in the bunk beds at Black Mage Village and Zidane tells her about his past? (about the beating and the blue skies or ocean having some instinctual effect on him which is because of Terra and Bran Bal and all.)

- when Baku's conferencing and deliberating if anyone is going to search for Garnet after the crash landing in Evil Forest

- when you're attacked by insanely huge axe wielding Lani in the underground passage to Outer Continent from Qu's Marsh

...Not when Garnet's changing at East Gate with Steiner in an alley?

No, not exactly, it does involve Tantalus.

And... you mentioned like, seven different scenes. It's preferred you guess four or less next time, seeing as there are only four and I haven't been telling anyone which of their guesses are correct, unless that was the only thing they guessed, like Enkidoh (so you should know that's one of them). Plus, it was hard to tell since you didn't denote everything with a line.

But anyway, all the scenes you mentioned above, only one is correct.

Does the first scene count when Tantalus are planning their scheme. Because the music there is the same tune but it is jus slower thats all.

Yeah, it's built on the same melody, but it's called "Strategy Conference".

I'm looking for one where it plays specifically the "Theme of the Tantalus". A lot of what's been guessed are scenes that play "We Are Theives!" which is a very similar variation.

-when Cinna refuses one of the Enero brothers his hammer in front of the Lindblum based Tantalus hideout.

-when Zidane is searching Alexandria for Garnet just before the launch of the Hilda Garde III airship.

-Alexandria when Tantalus try to 'cheer up' Zidane(start of disk 3)

-when Zidane catches up with Freya in a bar in Lindblum during Garnet's visit to Cid to stop Brahne from making war with anyone

:/

2 right, 2 wrong.

A Captain Need Not Have a Eyepatch! Agent0042's Avatar
    This has been kicking around for too long. Arcanine's question in 24 hours if nobody can do better.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] is active -- currently battle is Character Pairings!
    "When prayers turn to promises, not even fate can stand in their way. Wishes can come true. But not if you just wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves. Here and now." - Fang & Vanille
    If you're not reading Goat Pen, you're missing the web's best Final Fantasy fanfiction. ~~ [Hidden link. Register to see links.] ~~ [Hidden link. Register to see links.] - join us and sing!

-Alexandria when Tantalus 'cheer up' Zidane
    -When Cinna Refuses to give his hammer to one of the Nero Bros.
    -At the start when Tantalus discuss their plans.
    -What about when Cinna is making 'coffee' after the team's escape from evil forest.

Only one of those is correct.

Agent, is it alright if I get a little more time on this one? I mean, some guesses were close...

Shriner
    I'll give this a shot

Judging by the order of the soundtrack, the first time "Theme of Tantalus" is played is when you're in control of Dagger and join up with Marcus to search for the Supersoft in Treno. That is near the start of disc 2 so then I'm guessing no parts in disc one had this theme played.

I'm guessing the next time you hear it is after Linblum is attacked and Tantalus begins to rebuild thier hideout shown in an ATE where Cinna doesn't want one of the Enero brothers to borrow his hammer.

Judging by the correct guesses here, another time its played is when Zidane searches for Dagger before the Hilda Garde 3 launch. Near when she gets her voice back I believe.

Another I believe is an ATE scene with the Enero brothers talking to each other in the synth shop in Alexandria.

A Captain Need Not Have a Eyepatch! Agent0042's Avatar
    Zak-- just so long as we get something going here soon.

I was thinking it was the one with the clavinet the whole time. No wonder I was so mixed up. Alright...

-When Cinna refuses to give up his hammer.
    -When Zidane is searching for Garnet just before she cuts her hair.
    -The reunion of the Enero brothers.
    -An ATE in which Blank realizes he forgot to deliver Zidane a message.

I can't come up with anything better than this. Couldn't you have picked one that doesn't sound so much like another one? *grumbles in frustration*

Vorvel and FF1, each got two correct.

And Agent, okay... just so you know, though, before I had thought that it's if whoever asked the question or whoever got it right goes inactive it moves on. I guess I could give it up if no one gets it, but damn, I want someone to get this...

I'll give a small hint: Even though none of the guesses have gotten more than two correct at a time, a total of three of the correct ones have been said, the fourth hasn't. That should help narrow it down based on what's been guessed so far, if you're good at logic and deduction.

Is one of them an ATE in which Baku realizes he forgot to deliver Eiko's letter?

Negative.

Shriner
    perhaps one time its played is when cinna can't find his hammer. (I think that happened, I can't clearly remember.)

the only other part I can think of is where they go to Ruby's theatre in Alexandria disc 3. I think you're in control of Vivi and Blank invites you to go there.

hmm... But honestly I am sure its played during the first time you enter Treno with Dagger. k... what happens there. If its not in the time when you enter Treno and before you see kuja in the auction house, then it could only be somewhere near the southgate/railway thing near when you fight black waltz 3. I think you meet Cinna and Marcus there at the station.

wait wait wait... maybe its also played when Baku enters the castle in Alexandria and this is also where Eiko gets caught on the rail and the letter drops and gets Baku to give that letter to Zidane.

Or or or or or when after he drops the letter near the river and later on laughs when he can't seem to find it on him.

So I apparently have two... what about these?

You're really testing my memory and fan capabillity D: I no like you.

This time only ONE of the ones you just mentioned is correct.