Banjo Guy Ollie

Unravel

Super Soul Bros. - Megalovania
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Grand Shriner
    Unravel
    Banjo Guy Ollie - Beautiful Golden City
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Check out my podcast: [Hidden link. Register to see links.] | [Hidden link. Register to see links.] | [Hidden link. Register to see links.] | [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Unravel (6-0) and Banjo Guy Ollie (4-2) advance!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Semifinals, Fight 2 // Best of 2016

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Owlboy by Jonathan Greer
    Sample tracks: [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

vs.

Samorost 3 by Floex (Tomáš Dvořák)
    Sample tracks: [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Round 2, Fight 8 // Arthur's Custom Covers

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] (from Katamari Damacy)

vs.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] (from Okami)

Samorost 3

Meine Meinung & Sanzen-Sekai - Bummer these two had to face off. But watching the interactions between the players in the Meine Meinung video always makes me smile.

VGM [Hidden link. Register to see links.] - Currently CUSTOM songlist and 2016 soundtracks
    VGM [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Samorost 3

Lonely Rolling Star
    I commend your courage, but I'll show you no mercy.

Samorost 3
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurgolden View Post
    Meine Meinung & Sanzen-Sekai - Bummer these two had to face off. But watching the interactions between the players in the Meine Meinung video always makes me smile.
    I'm also sad these had to compete with each other

I am not sure if i heard about Meine Meinung through here, but I love their music. always a pleasure to listen to their channel.

Owlboy

Meine Meinung & Sanzen-Sekai

Samorost 3 (3-1) and Meine Meinung & Sanzen-Sekai (3-1) advance!

FINAL MATCH // Best of 2016

Samorost 3 by Floex (Tomáš Dvořák)

vs.

Unravel by Frida Johansson & Henrik Oja

Quarterfinals, Fight 1 // Arthur's Custom Covers

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] (from Fez)

vs.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] (from Streets of Rage 2)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Samorost 3 - This is one of the match-ups I hoped for. I love both these soundtracks, and I'm glad they connected with others enough to get to the final round. Thanks, too, to fowftw for helping select soundtracks for this theme.

Doug Perry - This was an equally difficult choice for me.

Aye, this is a nice final match-up. I listened to the entries for this theme more than any other soundtrack game we've run. Multiple plays from start to finish for every complete soundtrack I could get my hands on in mp3 or flac.

I think I can ultimately say that my top four in order were Unravel, Firewatch, Owlboy, and Samorost 3, with Dark Souls 3 and VA-11 HALL-A deserving a mention too

Doug Perry

Samorost 3

Doug Perry

I love the sound of marimba and Vibraphone! what a great mix!

Grand Shriner
    Samorost 3
    Doug Perry - Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    Aye, this is a nice final match-up. I listened to the entries for this theme more than any other soundtrack game we've run. Multiple plays from start to finish for every complete soundtrack I could get my hands on in mp3 or flac.

I think I can ultimately say that my top four in order were Unravel, Firewatch, Owlboy, and Samorost 3, with Dark Souls 3 and VA-11 HALL-A deserving a mention too

Doug Perry
    I agree, this is a really nice final round. My top four are pretty much the same as yours. I've done complete ost listens of all four on lazy weekend afternoons.

Unravel

Doug Perry

Since it's a final, I'm going to give this an extra 24 hours and, if it comes to a tie, keep it open until I can find someone to break it.

But it looks like I've got things back on the every 3 days cycle now so that's cool.

And thank you for doing so.