Page 1 of 11 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Disappointing Anime

we people space with phantoms avilslare's Avatar

Most Disappointing Anime

I searched for 'disappointing' and a lot of 'worst anime' threads came up, but that's not what I was going for. There are animes that I started watching or merely saw the first episode and was not impressed with and were total letdowns, so my question is: What anime were you most disappointed with?

In my experience there are two that come to mind and those are...

Ergo Proxy
    Blood+

ALL OF THEM
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] - Blues-Rock - Just trying to get some hard working musicians attention.

Not at the table Carlos discodan's Avatar
    I didnt really care for Black Jack & im really baffled by the popularity of dragonballZ

sig limit is 400x150

"It was once said by a man who couldn't quit...."

Shriner
    Only one that really comes to mind for me is Love Hina. Not to say this one was bad, I enjoyed it, but it could have been done much much better. The characters just seemed a bit hollow to me and the series could have been fleshed out a bit more.

And having played the game first, Zone of the Enders was extremely difficult to take seriously. If they had kept it true to the dark nature of the game and made the plot a little more mature it probably could have been really good.

I was disappointed with "Shura no Toki". It started off great, but it really went downhill with the last story arc (especially the last couple of episodes).
    My: [Hidden link. Register to see links.] - [Hidden link. Register to see links.] - [Hidden link. Register to see links.] - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Sites: [Hidden link. Register to see links.] ft. [Hidden link. Register to see links.] box designs.

Pokemon.

Thanks Neg for the banner!!

Quote Originally Posted by avilslare View Post
    Ergo Proxy
    Blood+
    EP disappointed me because at the time I was having a hard time finding a new anime to get into and it had been described as Blade Runner except with a female main character, so I actually purchased the first dvd and it never really hit my g-spot and for the fact that I had paid for the expensive dvd, I was doubly disappointed.

I loved the Blood film, so I thought the series would be more of the same but it turned out to be more of a show for pre-teens. I wanted a much more adult-oriented story without the comedy nor the romantics.

I just thought of another anime that really disappointed me. A friend of mine was a big fan of the game, so when the anime for Devil May Cry came out, he thought it was would be great, so I added it to my Netflix queue and it was actually on Long Wait for awhile before I received it. But what disappointed me the most about it was that the episodes had a formula much like an episode of Sailor Moon. Dante had started a bounty hunter service (of sorts) which was funny, but every episode was the same: he would get a case and then by the end he would kill a monster and save the day. I was hoping for something more random like Cowboy Bebop.

I often heard good things about Azumanga Daioh, but I couldn't even finish the first episode. For some reason I felt not only sleepy (something common when I'm watching something and not enjoying it), I also was infuriated.

I can't remember for the life of me how in the world an anime got me pissed, but it did. Guess it just wasn't my stuff.

professional sun praiser ROKUSHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deimos0034 View Post
    Only one that really comes to mind for me is Love Hina. Not to say this one was bad, I enjoyed it, but it could have been done much much better. The characters just seemed a bit hollow to me and the series could have been fleshed out a bit more.
    agreed.
    i read the manga before watching the anime, so i thought i would gie it a chance.
    my, it was so bad!
    the onyl episode i enjoyed was of the ancient robot doll.
    Quote Originally Posted by HDHipHop1 View Post
    A lot of cereal nowadays is just candy dunked in milf.
    many of my posts are paid for by the department of redundancy deparment's payment
    as of recently and for the rest of winter, expect many typos. my hands are freezing during the night
    #gamefaqssupportswomenbeaters

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by CATASTROPHE View Post
    agreed.
    i read the manga before watching the anime, so i thought i would gie it a chance.
    my, it was so bad!
    the only episode i enjoyed was of the ancient robot doll.
    It started out okay, just slightly varying from the manga like most anime adaptations do which is fine. But after like the 6th episode it all starts going downhill with just random filler.

But I'll read the manga over watching the anime any day of the week.

"Will you jump down?" Blacksford's Avatar
    Prince of Tennis. I'm probably the only person on this site who even actually watched it, but anyway. You all know how easy it is to end up hating the main character of an anime show with a passion, right? That's particularly easy in PoT, as the guy is much younger than the rest of the characters and doesn't lose once in the entire show (once, but hardly canon) - he actually squashes everyone including the last player he goes up against (obviously, billed as the strongest in Japan).

The rest of the cast is pretty enjoyable, but when the show starts depending too much on the Mary Sue main character, it becomes a letdown. More so when he wins the last match of the show by 6-4 without breaking a sweat. -_-

Geez i think i forgot the worst anime I ever watched. It was that bad. LOL. But one of the worst i've watched so far was Blood+. The anime was so confusing and there was so much useless unexplained back story to me. Samurai Pizza Cats. O.k. that was the worst fucking anime EVAH!!! I could not stand it! I couldn't watch 5 minutes of an episode with feeling nauseous. Definately something you do not want to watch when you are suicidal, homicidal or on your monthly.

professional sun praiser ROKUSHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crysta View Post
    Samurai Pizza Cats. O.k. that was the worst fucking anime EVAH!!!
    you best be trolling, nigga

Quote Originally Posted by CATASTROPHE View Post
    you best be trolling, nigga
    naw nigga i be fucking serious! Samurai Pizza Cats was the worst piece of shit to come out of Japan! Straight up and talking like some stereotyped Urban black american...boiiiyyyeeeee!!!

naw nigga i be fucking serious! Samurai Pizza Cats was the worst piece of shit to come out of Japan! Straight up and talking like some stereotyped Urban black american...boiiiyyyeeeee!!!
    You should really post this kind of stuff in the [Hidden link. Register to see links.] thread. The Most Disappointing Anime thread is more for anime that you thought would be great and wasn't even close. I mean, how good did you think Samurai Pizza Cats was going to be, it's called Samurai Pizza Cats, for christ's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by avilslare View Post
    You should really post this kind of stuff in the [Hidden link. Register to see links.] thread. The Most Disappointing Anime thread is more for anime that you thought would be great and wasn't even close. I mean, how good did you think Samurai Pizza Cats was going to be, it's called Samurai Pizza Cats, for christ's sake.
    Like I said...five minutes of it and i wanted to puke. But hey you are right lets talk about disappointing. Yeah...love hina was very disappointing I had read the manga first spent more then 30 dollars renting the episodes and they didn't even finish the anime!! *sigh*

Ones i was disappointed in were Naruto & Samurai gun.

Onion Kid
    Like I said...five minutes of it and i wanted to puke. But hey you are right lets talk about disappointing. Yeah...love hina was very disappointing I had read the manga first spent more then 30 dollars renting the episodes and they didn't even finish the anime!! *sigh*
    wtf. that was the first anime i ever watched and SPC was what sucked me into the anime universe. that show was awsome. its supposed to be crazy, ironic, just straight up lol

Haruhi. I watched the first couple of episodes and thought WTF? How is this anime so popular? What a load of crap.

And Egro Proxy and Blood + were awsome imo. What did you find so disappointing about them?

The Persona anime was a letdown tbh.. that was a proper mess.

Cheer Up Emo Time Lord Ruttokoira's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dothaxor View Post
    Haruhi. I watched the first couple of episodes and thought WTF? How is this anime so popular? What a load of crap.
    This.
    I dropped it after two episodes. The insane fan following still baffles me.

Onion Kid
    Maria Sama ga Miteru.

Exotic weapon proficiency ftw Prak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dothaxor View Post

And Egro Proxy and Blood + were awsome imo. What did you find so disappointing about them?
    lol @ this guy wanting someone else to justify disliking something in the same post he trollishly bashes something else that's popular without saying why he didn't like it.

Onion Kid
    The Guyver remake.

Elements of it were pretty good to watch... but it was a long, long way away from the gritty original.

Grand Shriner
    Disappointing...hm, disappointing...

I would have to say Kimagure Orange Road(still don't get it to this day), Ninja Resurrection(after watching Ninja Scroll, expectations were high...plus, I think my personal beliefs played a part in its 'downfall'), and Ayane's High Kick(only because there aren't any more episodes of it, lol).

Most others still haven't managed to disappoint me, but then again, I'm VERY picky about what I watch...guess I'm not much of an anime fan as you guys, huh?
    If I ever go on a hopeless quest against the Evil Overlord...

20. If my girlfriend is in clear, imminent danger of becoming the next Sacrificial Virgin, I will at least suggest the obvious, even if it gets me slapped.

27. Unless my name is Jackie Chan, I will not, after disabling three attackers, one with a pistol, one with a machine gun, and one with a stick, pick up the stick.