Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Most Disappointing Anime

Quote Originally Posted by Teddyb3ar View Post
    The worst part is that original SS chars appears in the saga only for pure fanservice. Seriously, some animes must be limited. Saint Seiya should have finished in Ep. 73 (or 114).
    I don't really agree. the Hades OVAs were pretty good. so is Lost Canvas (at least the manga, never saw the anime). but Omega is just plain, utter shit. Seriously, I love Saint Seiya, I know nearly everything there's to know about it, and I still hate SS omega. There's nothing to save.

Searching memories of our yesterdays
    Far too strong to fade away
    Every moment has its lifetime,
    And each lifetime
    Has its day
    I'm chasing shadows all the way

I'm A Flying Saucer
    Quote Originally Posted by docrate1 View Post
    I don't really agree. the Hades OVAs were pretty good. so is Lost Canvas (at least the manga, never saw the anime). but Omega is just plain, utter shit. Seriously, I love Saint Seiya, I know nearly everything there's to know about it, and I still hate SS omega. There's nothing to save.
    ¿Are you serious? ¿Did you really like the last animation of Hades?? (I mean, the 2nd and 3rd arc). The scene of the saints "dancing" (VS the gods) is just... Crap.

I liked Lost Canvas in Manga (never see the anime neither), Omega is awful. And the animation of Hades uff... Its impossible to put 10 volumes on 20-30 chapters... The first 13 were good but the rest??

Quote Originally Posted by docrate1 View Post
    *gag*

professional sun praiser ROKUSHO's Avatar
    the animation quality of elysium was deplorable.
    look at the first hades episode. now watch any of the last 6.

you will cry blood
    Quote Originally Posted by HDHipHop1 View Post
    A lot of cereal nowadays is just candy dunked in milf.
    many of my posts are paid for by the department of redundancy deparment's payment
    as of recently and for the rest of winter, expect many typos. my hands are freezing during the night
    #gamefaqssupportswomenbeaters

-spoiler-

Soul Eater, since the way it ended compared to the manga was, to most people, disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by kolourfulkizzy View Post
    -spoiler-

Soul Eater, since the way it ended compared to the manga was, to most people, disappointing.
    School days... I have seen the face of the bringer of apocalypse in 5 hours. It is school days.

canyonwolf
    one

Basilisk for the shitty ending and Mugen no Junin since they never finished it.
    Oh and Souten no Ken, which compared to the manga was one of the worst anime I've ever seen.
    Come on, Buroson! Respect the Hokuto!!!
    BTW I second you guys about Hades. First set with the gold saints was good, almost great. The rest should go to oblivion.
    For more soundtracks, visit this place
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Onion Kid
    I recently watched Darker Than Black Season 2, and I have to say I was quite disappointed by it. It was still fun to watch, but the first season of Darker Than Black ranks easily as one of my favourite animes so it was very disappointing to see such a sloppy second season; especially when it was half the length as well!

Spoiler!

Onion Kid
    Arcana Famiglia, though no one really expected it to be good.

Demashita! Powerpuff Girls Z

The character design and the animation are wonderful but the plot could have been a lot more interesting...

Mojo Jojo: On the booklet from the OST, there's a picture of a weird boy manipulated by a monkey.
    Him: I love this character and his outfit is awesome... He was supposed to be a gay man, not a green demon.

What I didn't like about the story is:

Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup are humans with japanese names (Momoko, Miyako and Kaoru) and they're not sisters.
    Him is weak against cold things and he's not evil compared to the original version.
    Dynamo Z is just a time machine not a fightning robot.
    ¿?

Rurouni Kenshin: Shin Kyoto-hen
    Saint Seiya Omega
    My wishlist of recording sessions in lossless

Zimmer - Gladiator
    Hamlisch - The Spy Who Loved Me
    Barry - Moonraker
    Newman - SPECTRE
    Vangelis - Alexander
    Williams - Star Wars Episode III
    Danna - The Expatriate/Erased
    Iglesias, Gregson-Williams & Jusid - Exodus: Gods and Kings

Grand Shriner The Legend of Zelda's Avatar
    I will always regret wasting time of my life watching: ALONE

Horrible plot, and the ending was even worse.

Gurren Lagann
    it was the worst anime i've ever watched

Full Metal Panic is a big stinker. In fact there's a tonne of crap out there. Very un-Japanese compared to some excellent work. Bizarre.

Jormungand

With it being produced by White Fox, who also did Steins;gate, I was really looking forward to it. They did a great job with the animation, but the story and characters ruined it.
    RIP Satoru Iwata 1959-2015

Password_is_FrankerZ

Gilgamesh. I gave it a chance, but couldn't get past the first volume on DVD.

Lady Death - Total shit / Unwatchable. Doesn't even look like Anime.

Dead Leaves - Not funny / Pointless. Radical style didn't work.
    Last edited by theone2000; 04-11-2013 at 03:07 AM. Reason: Added other crappo titles

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by theone2000 View Post
    Full Metal Panic is a big stinker. In fact there's a tonne of crap out there. Very un-Japanese compared to some excellent work. Bizarre.
    I'm sorry, but this is the worst explanation for any sort of creative work being "bad" that I've ever heard.

Quote Originally Posted by DIGITAL@MUGI View Post
    I'm sorry, but this is the worst explanation for any sort of creative work being "bad" that I've ever heard.
    I described it is a stinker... There are lots of bad shows, hence this thread and my 'tonne of crap' remark... And compared to some other excellent Anime, which is almost exclusively Japanese, this one is poor...

However, I didn't elaborate an explanation as you've inferred. This thread, titled "Most Disappointing Anime", induced me to mention an Anime show that most disappointed, and I elected to omit an explanation as to why it is dire. It seemed like too much effort if you know what I mean.

And you needn't apologise. If you've gone out and purchased the complete box set of "Full Metal Panic" then I should apologise for slamming something you may be enjoying immensely.

aku no hana

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by OrgasmThief View Post
    aku no hana
    I think you mean most disappointing animation (as in the way the series is animated, not the most disappointing animated show)

Onion Kid
    I found Psycho Pass to be one of the most disappointing animes I have ever watched. It showed such promise with the premise in the beginning, as it kept going they just added trope after trope, didn't think-through plot-holes, and the end was the epitome of unsatisfactory: You LITERALLY end up where you began. The Character design was tolerable and the animation passable, so it at least had that going for it.

professional sun praiser ROKUSHO's Avatar
    full metal panic???? which one? because one is good, and the other is decent.

Grand Shriner The Legend of Zelda's Avatar

I have never felt so bad after wasting my life watching "another". The plot was terrible and the ending even worse..

Onion Kid
    It's been mentioned here.

SCHOOL DAYS

Now to everyones opinions that I truthfully respect, if there is one show in the existence of a ride of dissapointment, it is this. I have never come across anything so disgusting, twisted, shocking, completely out of the blue ending ever in my life in the hundreds of anime series that I've gone through. The end was just so shocking I wanted to vomit at the shear complete brain f*ck that came out of watching that. I don't ever want to go through that experience of watching an anime ever again. With the direction the show was going, the last episode completely shoves a spade up your ass. I'm not even lying. What were the directors thinking?