Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Most Disappointing Anime

Dragon Ball or Gal Force. Hard to decide which.

Shriner
    Not the entire show, but just the ending to Yu-Gi-Oh! GX. So much wasted potential with the last duel.

Wolverine, X-Men and Rosario + Vampire

Ive more or less lost intrest in Anime all together, but any anime that goes 100+ episodes long always disappointed me such as Bleach or Naruto.

.Hack//Twilight and King of Bandits Jing both let me down. I went into them expecting one thing and ended up with a bad taste in my mouth...
    Ask me about the Final Fantasy Nexus Oekaki RP board!
    finalfantasynexus.synergize.co

Onion Kid
    what thes >>>>? H don't no thes oh my god

Onion Kid
    Dunno, too many to choose from. But when I have to pick a rather popular one, I'd say Rurouni Kenshin. The adaption was like a kid's version compared to the manga, almost had a completely different mood. Too many boring filler episodes and no proper end.

I liked the manga, though, except of the abysmal last arc. Which made me wonder if Watsuki's totally retarded for toying with the Shounen genre the way he did.

Onion Kid
    this is record of lodoss war. cant understand what people like aout this

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucinator View Post
    this is record of lodoss war. cant understand what people like aout this
    As far as its animated adaptions go, you're stuck with a beautiful OVA with a less-than-satisfactory ending or a decent TV series with a limited budget and an after-episode gag to close out each and every episode. Most people are slightly more familiar with the few episodes of the OVA shown on the Sci-Fi Channel back when they bothered with an anime block (they never aired the OVA in its entirety, though). Then again, we're not exactly here to defend our personal favorites.

Since I'm here, I might as well throw out another anime that I'm disappointed in: Highschool of the Dead. It had an interesting set-up that was sadly bogged down by a severe overdose of unnecessary fanservice. I was only able to stomach through the first episode before I stopped caring. From what I heard, the fanservice only gets "worse" in later episodes, so I guess I left at a good time?

Speaking of fanservice, there's Master of Martial Hearts. I don't remember too much about it, but that might have more to do with my efforts to block out that experience from my memory. I vaguely recall it being very bitter about a lot of things, particularly the last 2 episodes. It was a very short, yet bitter, anime series.

Finally, there's E's Otherwise. The plot is hideously slow even for a 26-episode series, the characters are incredibly generic and unmemorable, and the English dub sucks like you wouldn't believe.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

professional sun praiser ROKUSHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by egxtreme View Post
    Highschool of the Dead. severe overdose of unnecessary fanservice.
    dont read the manga, ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by HDHipHop1 View Post
    A lot of cereal nowadays is just candy dunked in milf.
    many of my posts are paid for by the department of redundancy deparment's payment
    as of recently and for the rest of winter, expect many typos. my hands are freezing during the night
    #gamefaqssupportswomenbeaters

Onion Kid
    Total eclipse, just not the same as the original VNs.

Dragon Ball Z. When I heard about it... I was like "This is going to be bad ass!!!!!!!!!". 10 Episodes later I'm like "The fuq?" Episode 21 was as far as I got. The show kept getting worse, and worse, and worse. Each episode was a new lesson on how not to write a story or animate a combat sequence. Complete let down. Was thoroughly disappointed.

Onion Kid
    well all anime that doesnt follow the original manga are always disappointing... prime examples: Gantz, full metal alchemist (but at least they are giving it another try with brotherhood), blue excorcist just to name a few

I'm A Flying Saucer
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshikosr2 View Post
    Dragon Ball Z. When I heard about it... I was like "This is going to be bad ass!!!!!!!!!". 10 Episodes later I'm like "The fuq?" Episode 21 was as far as I got. The show kept getting worse, and worse, and worse. Each episode was a new lesson on how not to write a story or animate a combat sequence. Complete let down. Was thoroughly disappointed.
    Dragon Ball Z or Kai?
    Last edited by Teddyb3ar; 10-16-2012 at 05:48 AM.

Dragon ball Z. I never made it to any of the other ones. Kai is the original series? No idea. I just know I couldn't bear to watch any more of it.

I'm A Flying Saucer
    Dragon ball Z. I never made it to any of the other ones. Kai is the original series? No idea. I just know I couldn't bear to watch any more of it.
    I suppose its matter of preferences... For most of the otakus DBZ is the greatest thing ever done (myself is included there, haha). Kai is the "Remake", Timeline: Dragon Ball-Z-(GT)-(KAI).

Quote Originally Posted by Teddyb3ar View Post
    I suppose its matter of preferences... For most of the otakus DBZ is the greatest thing ever done (myself is included there, haha). Kai is the "Remake", Timeline: Dragon Ball-Z-(GT)-(KAI).
    Perhaps, My standards for anime are not exactly high. If I can watch and enjoy a show like 11eyes or Girls un panzer, Pretty much anything except the extremely bad I can watch. Dragon Ball Z unfortunately for me fell far into that category. The first thing I noticed is that all the character are duplicates of 3 basic models. Goku, Vegeta, Trunks and Gohan... Take the hair and eye brows off and they are identical. Very lazy in my opinion. Granted This is not the only show to do this. It's just an example. That's just the first thing that got on my nerves. As you said however, It's a matter of preference. This probably does not matter to most of the anime fandom.

Dragon Ball Z. I really loved it when I was a kid and I still do but the ending could have been WAY better. Goku just leaves everyone and goes off to train with Uub... and then GT happened. Terrible way to end the Dragon Ball series.
    Want to know how to give reputation points? Find out [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

I'm A Flying Saucer
    The Dragon Ball GT thing, bufff. Its like Saint Seiya Omega, CRAP.

Perhaps, My standards for anime are not exactly high. If I can watch and enjoy a show like 11eyes or Girls un panzer, Pretty much anything except the extremely bad I can watch. Dragon Ball Z unfortunately for me fell far into that category. The first thing I noticed is that all the character are duplicates of 3 basic models. Goku, Vegeta, Trunks and Gohan... Take the hair and eye brows off and they are identical. Very lazy in my opinion. Granted This is not the only show to do this. It's just an example. That's just the first thing that got on my nerves. As you said however, It's a matter of preference. This probably does not matter to most of the anime fandom.
    True. Most of heroes was done like that. Just remember 80's anime was always like this. Then some series did the difference...

Also, how many animes are saved by their music? A lot IMO.

The Dragon Ball GT thing, bufff. Its like Saint Seiya Omega, CRAP.

True. Most of heroes was done like that. Just remember 80's anime was always like this. Then some series did the difference...

Also, how many animes are saved by their music? A lot IMO.
    A fair point. Gal force is the best example for a show with everyone looking pretty much the same. As for the music, also an good point. 11eyes is a great example of this. Pretty disappointing show in terms of story and character development. It did however, have rad music, which made up for its short comings.

I am also reconsidering most disappointing anime. Eureka Seven AO is becoming a huge let down. I absolutely loved Eureka Seven and I am fast losing interest in Eureka Seven AO, faster then I did with Dragon Ball Z. 4 Episodes in and I pretty much lost interest in it already.
    Last edited by Yoshikosr2; 10-18-2012 at 03:22 PM.

I'm A Flying Saucer
    What about SS Omega??? Crap to the hardest level... :S

What about SS Omega??? Crap to the hardest level... :S
    Ahyhh yes, The elite squad of tree hugging man babies trying to live to to the legacy of ultra-man, while only living up to the legacy of ultra-bad.

I'm A Flying Saucer
    The worst part is that original SS chars appears in the saga only for pure fanservice. Seriously, some animes must be limited. Saint Seiya should have finished in Ep. 73 (or 114).

The worst part is that original SS chars appears in the saga only for pure fanservice. Seriously, some animes must be limited. Saint Seiya should have finished in Ep. 73 (or 114).
    Some fan service shows can be at least kinda cool. An example is Ikki Tousen, muu-luu alternative - Total Eclipse and Asura Cryin. While they still rank as pretty bad, they are at least fun to watch and at least one of the characters in these shows are some what interesting. But ultimately they are pure fan service, and not to be taken as anything else. SSO failed nearly as bad to fans of the series as Starwars episode: 1 did to starwars fans. Utterly disappointing in every aspect. Not to mention Shainas torpedo titty suit redefined bad art design.

I'm A Flying Saucer
    Some fan service shows can be at least kinda cool. An example is Ikki Tousen, muu-luu alternative - Total Eclipse and Asura Cryin. While they still rank as pretty bad, they are at least fun to watch and at least one of the characters in these shows are some what interesting. But ultimately they are pure fan service, and not to be taken as anything else. SSO failed nearly as bad to fans of the series as Starwars episode: 1 did to starwars fans. Utterly disappointing in every aspect. Not to mention Shainas torpedo titty suit redefined bad art design.
    And the characters seem a recicle Idea. Tauro's is Isaac (Kraken's Poseidon Arc char), the "New Bronze" Saints are the "Chibi version of the original Bronze ones" and the rest you can imagine. And also... ¿¿¿¿WHERE IS THE BLOOD????? Does anyone remember how much blood was on the original series??? Its crazy to think that only a hit in Kouga's face is the ONLY moment which one char in the whole story (till now) spit blood : S.

Ahhh, and now im watching this:

Why not remake the Saint Seiya ORIGINAL TV Series (and not like Kai please, thats not a "remake") with this quality of Animation. Not too much but for a 80's TV show will be AWESOME!!