Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Most Disappointing Anime

It's hard to remember all details now, because 2 years have past since I watched.

Spoiler!

Would you like to see my mask? Nightowl9910's Avatar
    Fair do's

Have to say so far I'm finding it to be quite good! But then know some show's can start off that way and then go downhill later. If that's what happened with this one, then that is a shame. Still, will probably finish watching it at some stage anyway - just to satisfy my curiosity!

I Am The One They Call: Meowth Mixer Tanis's Avatar
    Azumanga Daioh was kind of disappointing.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

RahXephon. Gave me a headache.

Cahos Head- no gory violence just tame and boring, cant believe Funimation licensed it

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by megamaid View Post
    Cahos Head- no gory violence just tame and boring, cant believe Funimation licensed it
    I'm actually kinda happy there's no gory violence, lol.

I'm actually fairly disappointed with FMA Brotherhood...which is really sad because I love the original anime and I loved the manga. I wanted this to be good so bad, but the direction is just off. They hired a relative newcomer to do this one (and I like it that Bones does that), but he's not performing.

The timing is really awkward. We'll go from comedy to serious and back in the strangest ways that feel forced and inconsistant. They switch between normal animation and exaggerated shots every two seconds. I know they said they wanted to stick to the manga..., but some of the stuff in the manga just does not work on television. A frame by frame adaptation of the manga is far more faithful than I needed, but that's what we're getting, for better or for worse.

The casting is changed up (besides a few key players, thank goodness), and I kinda liked the original actors better. Good thing Funimation kept the dub cast the same as the original or I wouldn't be able to bear watching this. And finally and most disappointingly, the soundtrack sucks. The OPs and EDs are ok to meh. Mixed in general, but the orchestral score is just emotionless. It's big and brassy, and sounds well composed classically, but there's no heart and soul in it. It might work in a formal concert setting, but it's classical music, plain and simple, and NOT fit for soundtrack material. It's just soul-less.

I'm still watching it when I can because the story and action is still top-notch, but I was so hoping this would at-least match the original in-terms of direction and composition, but it's just two steps behind and it's really relying purely on the story to save it's ass. I sadly won't be buying this one.

I was disappointed in Bubblegum Crash, the sequel to Crisis, I didn't like the approach at all to how it was done and the first two episodes were bad and in the end it failed to live up to its' predecessor. There was no closure to the Knight Sabers' conflict with Genom and the animation quality in the episodes looked thrown together. I wished the company that made the series had invested time and money in producing more AD Police Files episodes(BGC's prequel), which was a better series than Crash was.

Quote Originally Posted by discodan View Post
    I didnt really care for Black Jack & im really baffled by the popularity of dragonballZ
    its Dragon Ball Z Kia you need to be baffled about not Z

Beet the Vandel Buster, one of the most retarded shows I have ever weathered. The entire series the ass clown refuses to lvl up, yet he somehow 'defeats' ridiculously stronger enemies. I like a bit of realism in my animes,

OH! and I also despised Gundam SEED, it was like watching a gay teen soap opera, stop fighting, stop raping this and that person blah-blah-blah! I was so disgusted I stopped watching after the 3rd or something episode. More disappointing animes on my list, but I won't bore people with mad rants.

Koichi Ohata's "Burst Angel" was very dissapointing to me. I liked his work on MD Geist and Genocyber beacuse those were badass anime. But the recent anime he has directed were terrible.

Onion Kid
    Definetely: Saint Seiya: Chapter Inferno and Elysium
    nothing worse than be waiting more than a decade for something great and turned out being such a piece of s*** ... truly disappointing...
    Ring ni Kakero...
    Lain
    Sorcereus Stabber Orphen and the Loddoss TV series both for the same reason, because they have the most liying openings ever! The opening sequences are absolutely awesome, but the series is soooo lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Zak View Post
    Pokemon.
    if it would just end then it probably wouldn't be as disappointing but for one who loved Yu-Gi-Oh from duel monsters to GX I have to say that all continuations of Yu-Gi-Oh at this point are very disappointing because they're taking the same path as pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by popsiclied View Post
    OH! and I also despised Gundam SEED, it was like watching a gay teen soap opera, stop fighting, stop raping this and that person blah-blah-blah! I was so disgusted I stopped watching after the 3rd or something episode. More disappointing animes on my list, but I won't bore people with mad rants.
    Gundam SEED DESTINY was arguably a lot worse than SEED. There were quite a few clip shows, as well as glaring overuse of plot armour, especially in the original final episode, when no fleet assets in Terminal (i.e. Kira Yamato and allies) took damage.
    Observe and learn.

An unusual thread as everyone has such varying tastes. personally i find shows like naruto and bleach are dissapointing as they always seem to go downhill after a while. They started off well enough. Gundam Wing and Seed were never as good as the other gundam anime' for me.

but most of all i think the panzer dragoon anime was the biggest dissapointment of my otaku life. being such a fan of the games, i was so excited to get it. but it ended up being a terrible version of the first games plot.

I Am The One They Call: Meowth Mixer Tanis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsubasa8 View Post
    but most of all i think the panzer dragoon anime was the biggest dissapointment of my otaku life. being such a fan of the games, i was so excited to get it. but it ended up being a terrible version of the first games plot.
    There's a PD anime?
    O_o

Naruto and Bleach seemed all right at first. I feel that they only started to really go downhill when instances of QUALITY became more prevalent in them.

Dragon Ball Series almost the entire series centers around fighting super humans/Aliens that take multiple Episodes it seems like a single punch could take up the whole episode.
    Religion is a Weak Mans Excuse for Incompetence and it's the Reason World Peace will always be a Fairy Tale.

Onion Kid
    Hayate the combat butler season 1for me. it started well but then they stopped following the manga and it got a bit boring. It improved in the second season though when they started following the plot of the manga again.

AWESOMNESS LVL: Over 9000! Zeta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Delimis View Post
    Gundam SEED DESTINY was arguably a lot worse than SEED. There were quite a few clip shows, as well as glaring overuse of plot armour, especially in the original final episode, when no fleet assets in Terminal (i.e. Kira Yamato and allies) took damage.

You should get ready for Gundam SEED HD remaster, that's gonna be ready to be shown in 2012. I'm here hoping that lot's of changes to be made. If this is a success in sales, then by all means we might get Destiny to be re-worked, as I know that we all saw the bad writing/animation problems on this series (lot's of drama on the production, low budget, etc.) or if Destiny is not next on their priority list, then the Movie needs to come out of hiatus mode.
    | [Hidden link. Register to see links.] | [Hidden link. Register to see links.] |

匪天 (pr3y : pr4y) = symph0ny {k3yb04rd + El3c. Gu1t Orie's Avatar
    Tsubasa Chronicle.
    I waited so long for this to be something very good, but only the first episodes and last episodes seemed like they had a lot of work to make pretty and cool things. :/
    2seasons made me get sick of it :/
    Orie Ayane

"Celebration of Life with The Never-ending Universal Sound
    -The Τέχνη
    (art) of 音楽(music)-"

PLEASE, NO LOSSLESS QUESTIONS!

there was this one I watched aaaaaaaggggeeeeeess ago called cardcaptors. It had lots of potential, but was overall very cringe-worthy.
    -Yassie! =0

Cardcaptor Sakura? I believe the dub ruined quite a significant portion of the original.

Mine had to be King of Thorn, it was a movie instead of a series though. I read the manga first and fell in love with it but the movie was just pure crap. They really shouldn't have bothered...

"It's really very difficult to be a murderer without killing people from time to time, you know."

Bakuretsu Hunter Chocolate Misu's Avatar
    Trinity Blood was highly disappointing to me First episode seemed awesome and stuff was happening and whatnot. Second episode......... nothing happens... Third....... nothing....... fourth............ still nothing........ Reeled me in with awesome and then just dropped it all. That end theme is still good though.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Onion Kid
    Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.... Fullmetal Alchemist ends so expertly, in such a pleasing fashion and then Brotherhood does not bother to continue.