Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Most Disappointing Anime

So neglect becomes our ally. Edmond Dantes's Avatar
    xxxHolic's artist needs to be shot. and same goes for the story. ugh. why do shitty anime even see the light of day??
    Dig first, money later.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal King Slime View Post
    xxxHolic's artist needs to be shot. and same goes for the story. ugh. why do shitty anime even see the light of day??
    Aren't CLAMP the ones doing the art for xxxHolic?

Oh, and about shitty anime seeing the light of day ... well, I'm trying my best not to say "fanservice", but there you go.
    Observe and learn.

So neglect becomes our ally. Edmond Dantes's Avatar
    ahh.

Grand Shriner
    Would Berserk qualify?
    Barely any animation, but a pretty strong story with, I guess, a really good soundtrack...
    ...brought to an end right before things started to get REALLY interesting.
    Just saying.

Exotic weapon proficiency ftw Prak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by egxtreme View Post
    Berserk ...brought to an end right before things started to get REALLY interesting
    This is incorrect. Right after that, the manga turned to pretty terrible shit.

Elfen lien... :/

I don't know why some people love this series so much, is just really disappointing how this show is so lacking and "meh" with each episode. I rather watch Hellsing anyday of the week (you know, the new adaptation) instead of that thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil_404 View Post
    Elfen lien... :/

I don't know why some people love this series so much, is just really disappointing how this show is so lacking and "meh" with each episode. I rather watch Hellsing anyday of the week (you know, the new adaptation) instead of that thing.
    Do you mean Elfin Lied?

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate Misu View Post
    <3 Guys, take note of this. Tom knows how to talk to the ladies. <3
    Quote Originally Posted by cuckoo77 View Post
    I think Neg disqualified jesus and love though.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Quote Originally Posted by Tom's Toonami Tunes View Post
    Do you mean Elfin Lied?
    Haha, yeah. The series is so bad that i forgot the name.

Actually it is spelt Elfen Lied. :P

Either way, my vote goes to Neon Genesis Evangelion for instead of granting me an ending in which I understood everything, I was given completely the opposite, as well as a mind-numbing headache from trying to figure it all out.

EDIT: I do also have to give props to Hirugashi, because honestly... I was waiting for it to "start being good" and after I've watched a few episodes patiently waiting... the story seems to... reset... to which I just cannot be bothered to continue watching it.

Also, to those whom hate Naruto, you should at least try to watch Naruto Shippuuden. Just ignore Naruto as a character because there isn't that many that actually like him it seems. I mean if he isn't mass cloning himself he's using his Rasengan jutsu. Meanwhile all the other half decent characters actually have more than two abilities. And if he isn't feeling sorry for the other people that are burdened with the Tailed Beasts... he's seemingly getting a righteous hard-on for Sasuke. But yeah, I watch it for everything BUT Naruto :P.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMajesty View Post
    Actually it is spelt Elfen Lied. :P

Either way, my vote goes to Neon Genesis Evangelion for instead of granting me an ending in which I understood everything, I was given completely the opposite, as well as a mind-numbing headache from trying to figure it all out.

EDIT: I do also have to give props to Hirugashi, because honestly... I was waiting for it to "start being good" and after I've watched a few episodes patiently waiting... the story seems to... reset... to which I just cannot be bothered to continue watching it.

Also, to those whom hate Naruto, you should at least try to watch Naruto Shippuuden. Just ignore Naruto as a character because there isn't that many that actually like him it seems. I mean if he isn't mass cloning himself he's using his Rasengan jutsu. Meanwhile all the other half decent characters actually have more than two abilities. And if he isn't feeling sorry for the other people that are burdened with the Tailed Beasts... he's seemingly getting a righteous hard-on for Sasuke. But yeah, I watch it for everything BUT Naruto :P.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    ~It's a god-awful small affair
    said the girl with the bright pink hair
    But Sasuke is so emo
    and he's macking on old Naruto~

When the Cicadias Cry is based off a chose your own adventure PC game, the start overs are for the different endings. Don't bother with When the Seagulls Cry cuz it's the same but even more random.

Is really "sad" when people don't get Evangelion, because is really not that hard to understand. But you really need to get into it with passion in orden to understand the story.

But, now with the new Movies of Rebuild of Evangelion i don't see an excuse to not understand the story.

Seriously, Naruto sucks monkey balls. The manga is horrible, the anime even is worse... is just a waste of time in my opinion.

Why people don't watch Yu Yu Hakusho or Shaman King? Those two are one of the most entertaining and awesome shonen series ever made. I think that they even better than any of the Dragon Ball sagas.

Neon Genesis Evangelion is basically the story of
    Spoiler!

Revolutionary Girl Utena.

Ugh... wtf was THAT?

Final Fantasy Unlimited. Yes, I did expect something out of it. I expected an ending. And maybe answers.

Basically, almost (with few exceptions) every anime that has the word 'cute' tagged is a disappointment to me.
    Also Ergo Proxy was a disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
    Basically, almost (with few exceptions) every anime that has the word 'cute' tagged is a disappointment to me.
    Even Azumanga Daioh?

You're kidding right?

Sakura diaries or something along those lines was a terrible anime for me. Only watched 2 episodes and was like...no

Great i'm a sadistic evil person with a wing sticking out of his back. F***ing Fantastic. Oh well at least I have a big sword

witch hunter robin. ugh. enough said

Skip Beat. More slice of life than shoujo and TOO much slapstick.
    theNikkumanchan, intellectual enthusiast/unemployed ninja

People in this thread are either hard to please, or have terrible taste in anime.

Now, I'll tell you an anime I'm disappointed with. Kimi ni Todoke. It was supposed to be a really cute romantic anime. They teased you the entire anime.

And they never kissed. They never got together. They never even admitted to liking each other.

Fucking bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by pja4 View Post
    witch hunter robin. ugh. enough said
    What's wrong with it? I thought it was passable.

Onion Kid
    Endless Eight.

That is all.

Onion Kid
    I would say Tenjou Tenge. From the previews it looks great. I got the boxset and man, it was mostly flashbacks about Shin Natsume. The ending really pissed me off. They coulda shown the tournament and how the fight between Aya and Maya ended.

Would you like to see my mask? Nightowl9910's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
    How so?

So far I've only watched the first three volumes in the series, but would be interested to know your reasons!