Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Most Disappointing Anime

Quote Originally Posted by avilslare View Post
    Fixed
    well it is true most people hate Bleach, One Piece, Naruto, and Full Metal Alchemist but have not a clue what it is about that is whats funny.

Onion Kid
    Vampire Knight. Nuff Said.

Onion Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth_ View Post
    The most dissapointing anime would have to be... Ghost In The Shell. All other animes I am okay with.

Kinda funny how people hate One Piece, Bleach, Full Metal Alchemist and Naruto lol.
    FMA is great but the end is sh!t.

Quote Originally Posted by paku View Post
    FMA is great but the end is sh!t.
    How is the end?

Onion Kid
    How is the end?
    You didn't watch it or why are you asking?

Spoiler!

A really disappointing end (to me)

You didn't watch it or why are you asking?

Spoiler!

A really disappointing end (to me)
    I watch it but im only on episode 43.

Onion Kid
    I watch it but im only on episode 43.
    So why did you ask for the end. Now I ruined it to you

So why did you ask for the end. Now I ruined it to you
    Its okay for FMA though. You didn't really ruin it for me though but the others on the otherhand i don't want a spoiler for.

The English adaptation of Sailor Moon disappointed me. However, I am American, so I naturally saw the dub first and instantly loved it. Then I found the original Japanese version and began to see the immense flaws of the English dub. The biggest mistake of DiC ((The company that dubbed Sailor Moon)) was aiming to the wrong demographic. They aimed for young children when the original demographic for Sailor Moon was for pre-teens and teenagers. Given that ((And America's overbearing need to protect our children from everything)), everything that could be viewed as unpleasant was either drawn over or taken out all together.

For example, transformation sequences edited out the body lines to take out any hint of breasts or a pubic area and there were also scenes of violence that were taken out such as the deaths of the Sailor Senshi or one being slapped by another. They even took out scenes of them sticking their tongues out because it "might have a negative influence on children".

The original season finale of the first season was two episodes called "The Day of Destiny", in which each of the Sailor Senshi sacrificed themselves for Sailor Moon and eventually ended in the death of Sailor Moon herself. And although they were all resurrected at the end, DiC decided to remove every reference to death. So much editing was needed that the two episodes were merged into one.

I expected a lot from Studio DEEN of all people with Umineko but the ending.....Dammit, DEEN!
    Guernsey Adams Pierre

Want video game soundtacks? Go this site here: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Come and see my MySpace: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Watch my YouTube Videos: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

New Higurashi series,Gantz,Naruto,naruto shippuuden(although it is slowly redeeming itself lately)

one of the reasons why i find them disappointing is that MANY of the background music arent there in any of their OSTS,that burns me faster than paper in a forest fire.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAbortion View Post
    New Higurashi series
    You mean the 5 part OVA? Ya, that seemed more like an epilogue than a new season. At least the girls got to see Keiichi naked.

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate Misu View Post
    <3 Guys, take note of this. Tom knows how to talk to the ladies. <3
    Quote Originally Posted by cuckoo77 View Post
    I think Neg disqualified jesus and love though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom's Toonami Tunes View Post
    You mean the 5 part OVA? Ya, that seemed more like an epilogue than a new season. At least the girls got to see Keiichi naked.
    indeed,i suppose that was the only thing taken to note from that OVA xD
    I thought they would show some light on the (dimention?) rena was inside when she was an adult in the first episode of season 2,that was what i was hoping for,but it doesnt really matter in the long run because the 2 series anime was very well made and had a good ending anyway.oh back on topic,did anyone find kara no kyoukai movie 6 a bit disappointing?i mean after watching the first 3 movies i was just drooling for more,the 3 one especially had a huge emotional package imo,the one with the magician in the strange building was "ok" ,worth watching ,though not even close to the first 3.but 6 sucked tbh,not worth it's hype.

I hate Dragon Ball
    "In the first episode: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh.....( more five episodies)aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh.....(more five episodies)aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh.....(more five episodies)aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh....BOOM! The bad guy dies. begin a new saga. It's a noob things.

I'll find the Mother Lode someday.

Trinity Blood was a bit of a disappointment...

Spoiler!

And then there's The Twelve Kingdoms, which is unfinished.

They're not bad anime in my books, but their endings are quite a disappointment.

Exotic weapon proficiency ftw Prak's Avatar
    Fixed your post. Don't be a jerkface next time. Mark spoilers.

hmmm, I'd say the second season of Darker Than Black
    and Eden of the East (because it was so short)
    What is that standing behind you?

Onion Kid
    Evangelion...specifically the ending. I like the series, and I like the ending, I just don't like them combined.

Quote Originally Posted by Matiska View Post
    Evangelion...specifically the ending. I like the series, and I like the ending, I just don't like them combined.
    "ya well like, that's just like your opinion man."

I was most disappointed with Rurouni Kenshin because despite being AWESOME, they didn't adapt the final arc, yet they could have but instead they did filler. It wasn't bad filler but it sucks to have filler then run out of time to do the canon.

Quote Originally Posted by tyciol View Post
    I was most disappointed with Rurouni Kenshin because despite being AWESOME, they didn't adapt the final arc, yet they could have but instead they did filler. It wasn't bad filler but it sucks to have filler then run out of time to do the canon.
    The same thing happened to Inuyasha but now there working on the finale series so who nows.

Pokemon.

As a fan of just the games and the cards, I could never get into the show. It started out cheesy, Ash was too much of a pushover for himself. The pokemon? In the games, each pokemon had similar but many different noises that would fit their type. The show, would depict the pokemon saying it's name in various tones.

I'd feel so retarded if I were ever of the voice actors having to do any of those pokemon voices. I'm surprised none of them have even killed themselves. "My god I've spent a countless number of episodes saying "Pika! Pikachu!" over and over again!"

Sure, it may seem like the newer shows are getting better. But, even they are going downhill with boring plots, if the first handful of seasons of the first shows weren't enough.

That's about the only anime I've ever found disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Toasty07 View Post
    Pokemon.

As a fan of just the games and the cards, I could never get into the show. It started out cheesy, Ash was too much of a pushover for himself. The pokemon? In the games, each pokemon had similar but many different noises that would fit their type. The show, would depict the pokemon saying it's name in various tones.

I'd feel so retarded if I were ever of the voice actors having to do any of those pokemon voices. I'm surprised none of them have even killed themselves. "My god I've spent a countless number of episodes saying "Pika! Pikachu!" over and over again!"

Sure, it may seem like the newer shows are getting better. But, even they are going downhill with boring plots, if the first handful of seasons of the first shows weren't enough.

That's about the only anime I've ever found disappointing.

You could try looking into the original comics . I've only read a few from various continuities but it's a more mature kids thing with death and seriousness, plus James gets Jesse Preggers in the end.

Grand Shriner
    Saiunkoku Monogatari Ending because it was so abrupt and I think they should give us a clear ending of it rather than made us think of what happens in the end

Onion Kid
    Speed Grapher, xxxHolic, Ranma 1/2 are the Worst Ive ever seen.