Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Disappointing Anime

Zatch Bell. Was cute and all, and I tried to like it, but the art style dissapointed me, but that's unfair, what else would I expect? I believed it went on a little bit too long as well. I never even finished it.

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by avilslare View Post
    I searched for 'disappointing' and a lot of 'worst anime' threads came up, but that's not what I was going for. There are animes that I started watching or merely saw the first episode and was not impressed with and were total letdowns, so my question is: What anime were you most disappointed with?

In my experience there are two that come to mind and those are...

Ergo Proxy
    Blood+
    I'd say I'm most disappointed by "Hanaukyo Maid Team" and "Love Hina" because only because neither actually finished the storyline...heck, Hanauko Maid Team, even in the original 15min epi series, just cut off in the middle of a storyline. "Candidate for Goddess" for that matter feels like the producers forgot to do the next episode. But then I'd have to add "Ai Yori Yoshi" because likewise, it never finished the storyline, just left us hanging.

Then, there's "Lucky Star". I couldn't make it past epi 2, for all the hype that it received, and all the gags it supposedly represents...it just seemed inanne, and felt that the animators had no idea what they wanted to do, except create a parody slice of life that does nothing. and goes nowhere.

I don't know about other conventions, but at Anime Weekend Atlanta every year there's a panel for totally lame anime that shifts through the really bad stuff every year.

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Krizalid_Zero View Post
    Maria Sama ga Miteru.
    So why were you disappointed by Maria-sama ga Miteru? I though it delivered what it promised.

And they're still releasing bits of the story. Hasn't the author produced something like 11 or 12 volumes of the light novel series that inspired both manga and anime?

I'd say either Elfen Leid or something like "Higurashi no naku koro ni".
    Both were supposed to be the creepiest anime out there, I instantly thought something in the way of I don't know Silent Hill and Forbidden Siren at least thats what the first episode of the latter felt like, but then came in the shit blender with girls with high pitched voices, bright colored hairs and faces shaped like pears.
    I vomited and deleted everything I had mistakenly downloaded.

Code Geass - The first season was great. It was a refreshing mecha series with depth, but the second season disappointed me with each episode. It started to turn into every other anime out there. To me Code Geass has no second season. :|

Gurren Lagaan - I haven't gotten past the first 3 episodes, and even then I could hardly get into any of the episodes. It seemed like almost TOO much was happening all at once, characters seemed a bit too zany, I can't get myself to watch any more of it. Maybe I just need to be in the mood for it, but it seemed so popular it must be good somewhere along the series...I just can't seem to get into it. :/

Escaflowne - Great series, awesome fights, awesome music. Ending...just left me feeling like I got jipped.

Naruto - I used to be into Naruto a whole lot more, and it's not just the anime, but the manga. It doesn't have the same appeal as I used to love it for. Hate Sasuke, and all the "air time" he gets throughout the story, most of the really interesting characters get no more time in the story anymore. I also heard the anime started incorporating filler characters. I don't hate Naruto like some people do, but I feel like it's lost it's luster.

List of anime that disappoints me? Well, here's the abridged version:

RahXephon: starts out interesting, but gets incredibly boring in the middle (around episode 8 onwards). Haven't finished it after all these years.

Wolf's Rain: see my entry on RahXephon

Bleach: I am quite the maniac during the Soul Society arc; unfortunately, the series went downhill afterwards. Although there's a possibility that I might pick it up again in the future

Naruto: not the most... cerebral of anime, but it has its moments. For example, I absolutely love the Invasion of Konoha arc (episode 79 is pure sex, I gotta admit). But too many fillers eventually turned me off. Haven't looked back since.

we people space with phantoms avilslare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetinari View Post
    RahXephon: starts out interesting, but gets incredibly boring in the middle (around episode 8 onwards). Haven't finished it after all these years.

Wolf's Rain: see my entry on RahXephon
    I couldn't make it to the third episode.

After watching and thoroughly enjoying the first season of Ghost in the Shell SAC the second season was a big disappointment for me. It just wasn't as good and didn't have enough action. Just a lot of philosophical crap.

Also:
    Cowboy Bebop
    Eureka Seven
    Fullmetal Alchemist
    Neon Genesis Evangelion

All overrated pieces of shit.

EDIT: Forgot to include RahXephon and Wolf's Rain

Exotic weapon proficiency ftw Prak's Avatar
    So you don't like anything that tries to balance action with any sort of character development or novel concepts? I'm not saying all those things you hate are good, but that's the common threads, which makes you seem like a complete moron.

Righful owner of the matrix jewess crabcake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rapidfire sidewalk View Post
    So you don't like anything that tries to balance action with any sort of character development or novel concepts? I'm not saying all those things you hate are good, but that's the common threads, which makes you seem like a complete moron.
    x2 except I'm saying several of the things on your list are good.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

You own a Xbox 360? Join the [Hidden link. Register to see links.] today!

I hate to say this because people tend to want to jump on my head when I say it but I was really disappointed with FLCL. I am all for random and completely nonsensical anime but this one just gave me a real migraine and considering how everyone built it up and built it up I ended up sorely disappointed.
    ~ LJB

Be reckless for your own sake Gin Kaze's Avatar
    Naruto
    -overhyped :P

Gambler tetsuya
    -The opening is a bit missleading. Made me think there was more to the show then there acutally was :P
    http://forums.ffshrine.org/signaturepics/sigpic86154_2.gif

One Piece, the only good thing about it was Roronoa Zoro he was pretty cool..

With A Shrimp Steak Sauce
    Death Note
    Code Geass
    Neon Genesis Evangelion
    Bleach
    Full Metal Alchemist
    Wolf's Rain
    Scryed
    Yu Yu Hakusho
    .hack//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet

Onion Kid
    Detonater Orgun. It looked pretty cool but it turned out to be kinda boring.

Insert something witty here---> hexaq's Avatar
    One piece - looked like kids show. Didn't make it past first ep
    Brain powered - oh. my. god. This will test your sanity. Order Ritalin and Valium before attempting to see it.
    Paradise Kiss - had high hopes, but didn't like the animation style (damn creepy eyes drawn by 4 year olds!)
    Soul eater - story was ok, but it seemed more like a caricature anime

"X" Can't stand emo anime
    Better man--Can't stand the plot format, plot development and ending.
    One piece--It started out all right then it got a little childish and boring.
    To be the best among the rest.......

Wise man once said; only a fool denies what he likes for the sake of others, all a wise man has to do is to invite others to enjoy the show with him.

Onion Kid
    Yu Yu Hakusho. It started off really clever, the main character had extremely limited powers and overcame opponents through wit and luck. He was really likable and everyone he beat was just flat out better than him in powers. As the series progressed though, he stopped becoming clever and fights boiled down to DBZ, right down to the screaming matches. They tried to get back to the old style with the psychics, removing the brute force element, but that idea was thrown out the window quickly.

Taisho Era Baseball Girls.

It started off well for a typical Slice Of Life anime but the ending was poorly done and rushed. They need to stop adapting unfinished/ongoing mangas...

It wasn't predictable but instead it was the opposite and it made you feel down or angry afterwords.

Gilgamesh

It was just so dull and boring and the opening theme didn't suit the tone of the anime, at all!

One Piece - Very long and story is getting boring as the number increases.
    School Days - Darn you Makoto I want to slash his head.
    Ga-Rei-Zero - Characters that shouldn't die is dead.
    Evangelion (TV) - Story isn't clear.

There are more but I can't recall the titles.

おるちゅばんエビちゅ (ebichu) is the worst i have ever tried to stomach.
    i also have no love for エルゴプラクシー (ergo proxy), serial experiment lain, ドラゴンボール (dragonball), or アキラ. though アキラ (akira) is very much influence by fan reactions when i managed to acquire it (summer'88=アキラ overload).

how people here can claim マリア様がみてる (mariasama), きまぐれオレンジ☆ロード (kor), スクールデイズ (school days) or らき☆すた (lucky star) are bad is beyond me. those are some of my favorite.

Kara no kyoukai.

I have expected more interesting and not so boring for me

Onion Kid
    I really hate the end of Fullmetal Alchemist.
    Minami-Ke (first season) was funny, but it was also boring most of the time. I really expected more of them.

The most dissapointing anime would have to be... Ghost In The Shell. All other animes I am okay with.

Kinda funny how people hate One Piece, Bleach, Full Metal Alchemist and Naruto lol.

we people space with phantoms avilslare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth_ View Post
    The most disappointing animes would have to be... One Piece, Bleach, Full Metal Alchemist and Naruto. All other animes I am okay with.

Kinda funny how people hate Ghost in the Shell lol
    Fixed