Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011

Thread: Most Disappointing Anime

melroycen
    Dragon Ball or Gal Force. Hard to decide which.
    Freedom starts from within

I don't watch much anime but to me the most disappointing was Yurikuma Arashi (such a good potential but completely messed up to me).

Hagane no Tamashii
    Well, I understand that Ikuhara's works are sometimes a bit too avant-garde for everyone's taste, but Yurikuma was awesome. If you didn't like Yurikuma, you should avoid Utena and Penguindrum as well, because they are very much like it. They are both directed by Ikuhara Kunihiko, who is my big idol... but I understand your opinion.

Onion Kid
    After all that hype and hate, I watched SAO.
    I'm not on any of the sides, but "meh." was a recurring feeling.
    (The feeling that they could have done better.)

professional sun praiser ROKUSHO's Avatar
    after watching saint seiya omega again, i had a bit of a change of heart. the one positive thing i can say is that the later fights get more physical, not just a superpower and 11 minutes of babbling unlike the original series. the fights reminded me a lot about the first saint seiya movie, when ikki fights orion jaguar. that fight is singlehandely the best fight in the entire original series. very few talking, lots of punches, and use of a special move only at the end.

a dissapointing anime i recently watched was parasyte. the overall story was of my liking, but the fights were boring, and the ending was... bittersweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by HDHipHop1 View Post
    A lot of cereal nowadays is just candy dunked in milf.
    many of my posts are paid for by the department of redundancy deparment's payment
    as of recently and for the rest of winter, expect many typos. my hands are freezing during the night
    #gamefaqssupportswomenbeaters

Banned
    Penguindrum is great

Sword Art Online. Great music and animation, but unnecessary fanservice + no character development

Onion Kid
    The Devil May Cry anime. I felt like it had none of the style of the series. And what the hell is cool about liking strawberry sundaes. Real badass...

Onion Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by reelsey View Post
    The Devil May Cry anime. I felt like it had none of the style of the series. And what the hell is cool about liking strawberry sundaes. Real badass...
    The sundaes I can forgive. Character quirks give life to a world. The anime had a few decent fights, but nothing to write about.

But the director went on to make something even worse...

Its called Berserk (2016). It is the biggest "fuck you" ever given to people with eyes. Its not JUST bad CG. It has horrid sound design, its pacing is just awful. The camera angles are nausea-inducing. You don't even need to be a Berserk fan to hate this thing. Its literally the worst animated thing in recent history- and I am including American animation in that calculation. This series is a travesty, and I hope every one involved with this production brings it for the next season or goes blind. It would probably improve the final product.

Sword Art Online.

While, in my opinion, SAO has one of the best opening episodes in all of anime, in addition to fantastic music and artwork, this show heavily wasted that potential. Characters get bad, the story gets bad, and the fanservice is appalling.

Grand Shriner
    I got one to add here: Sailor Moon Crystal. It may be truer to the text, but being reminded of the stuff like this and not giving enough character focus to the Inner Senshi after certain plot points from the Manga is why I felt disappointed. I mean to me, the Manga version after the Inner Senshi's first appearance just gets more and more flat and don't really change much at all.
    Julayla's Own FLAC Requests

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]