Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Most Disappointing Anime

I Am The One They Call: Meowth Mixer Tanis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moo92 View Post
    It's been mentioned here.

SCHOOL DAYS

Now to everyones opinions that I truthfully respect, if there is one show in the existence of a ride of dissapointment, it is this. I have never come across anything so disgusting, twisted, shocking, completely out of the blue ending ever in my life in the hundreds of anime series that I've gone through. The end was just so shocking I wanted to vomit at the shear complete brain f*ck that came out of watching that. I don't ever want to go through that experience of watching an anime ever again. With the direction the show was going, the last episode completely shoves a spade up your ass. I'm not even lying. What were the directors thinking?
    That was kind of...the point.
    :/

Turning the 'harem' genera on its head.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Grand Shriner The Legend of Zelda's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FondantMan View Post
    I found Psycho Pass to be one of the most disappointing animes I have ever watched. It showed such promise with the premise in the beginning, as it kept going they just added trope after trope, didn't think-through plot-holes, and the end was the epitome of unsatisfactory: You LITERALLY end up where you began. The Character design was tolerable and the animation passable, so it at least had that going for it.
    Psycho pass disappointing? O___o. That anime is a psychological thriller.. And it delivered exactly that.

From the way you guys describe Psycho Pass, it actually sounds interesting to me. lol I love psychological thrillers.
    Want to know how to give reputation points? Find out [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Quote Originally Posted by The Legend of Zelda View Post
    Psycho pass disappointing? O___o. That anime is a psychological thriller.. And it delivered exactly that.
    You think Psycho Pass isn't disappointing, but Another is?

Ooookay...
    RIP Satoru Iwata 1959-2015

Password_is_FrankerZ

Endless Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dragon- View Post
    From the way you guys describe Psycho Pass, it actually sounds interesting to me. lol I love psychological thrillers.
    Yeah Dragon, it's a futuristic, psychological thriller. Go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uvogin View Post
    You think Psycho Pass isn't disappointing, but Another is?

Ooookay...
    Lol Psycho-Pass was wonderful, I haven't seen an anime have character and maintain a sensible plot in a long time and the story isn't over. Another was an enjoyable anime to watch if you see it as an unintentional comedy but I can see how it was disappointing if you took it seriously and the ending was really, really, really stupid regardless of who you watched it. Psycho-Pass < No Comparison < Another.

Now Magi, that was a disappointment. It started really good for the first 6-7 episodes then it dragged on, the story becoming more childish, the annoying characters becoming more apparent. And the ultimate fail, that death isn't really a consequence in that anime which turned me off completely.
    Head to my thread for grand collections of game music and more!

Onion Kid
    Neon Genesis Evangelion
    Everyone always told me that I should watch it, so I did and... it was just boring. I had to force myself to the end and especially the last two episodes were totally unnecessary.
    Now I'm told that the movies are so much better than the anime but somehow I doubt that.
    Maybe I'll watch the first movie someday but I don't have high hopes for it.

Saint Seiya Omega. Being a fan of the original series, I tried to dismiss it as a spin off. I stopped watching it after first season, seeing how dumbed down and ludicrous was. Recently, it has been brought to my attention they did this:

I know Saint Seiya was not Studio Ghibli quality, but still...

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by regike View Post
    Neon Genesis Evangelion
    Everyone always told me that I should watch it, so I did and... it was just boring. I had to force myself to the end and especially the last two episodes were totally unnecessary.
    Now I'm told that the movies are so much better than the anime but somehow I doubt that.
    It's not bad at all. Granted, the final episodes are heavily "introspective" and "deep" and whatever drugs/depression/shit was going thru the mind of Hideaki Anno, so the movies are there to be more about action and a straight explanation of what is exactly going on. Give them a chance.
    [Insert a poignant, intelligent signature here.]

Onion Kid
    I was disappointed with Death Note. The plot had been interesting until L died. After that all began losing the sense and i was almost forced to watch the rest episodes. I almost lost myself how much Misa's life has remained, because she had made a lot of pacts. In addtion, adding some characters (for example Takada) was irritating.

Grand Shriner
    I can't speak on NGE; even though I have the original series in its entirety, I have yet to watch it from start to finish(I find myself collecting anime now more than actually watching). However, judging from your...reaction, I don't think you'll find the first movies ("Evangelion: Death and Rebirth" and "The End of Evangelion") any better than you did the original series. I'd recommend just skipping over to the Rebuild of Evangelion films. However, I just want to stress again that I've yet to see any of these in their entirety, so I can't really speak on the quality just yet.

Each season there are some anime make me disappoint.
    In the last season , that one is まおゆう , the original novel is nice , but the anime tempo is not as good as its novel.
    This season , no doubt , the 惡の華 , I can not accept the paint style at all......

Quote Originally Posted by regike View Post
    Neon Genesis Evangelion
    Personally, I thought Evangelion was great, but the last two episodes were way out there. The films are even more way out there. Great animation, but conceptually too bizarre. Don't bother with them if you disliked the series. The first part of the films is a composite of parts of the series along with a few new bits thrown in. And if you hate Asuka, you'll definitely not like the ending.

Quote Originally Posted by theone2000 View Post
    Personally, I thought Evangelion was great, but the last two episodes were way out there. The films are even more way out there. Great animation, but conceptually too bizarre. Don't bother with them if you disliked the series. The first part of the films is a composite of parts of the series along with a few new bits thrown in. And if you hate Asuka, you'll definitely not like the ending.
    Have you checked the new ones? Evangelion 1.0, 2.0 and so on? They're very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by AFMG View Post
    Have you checked the new ones? Evangelion 1.0, 2.0 and so on? They're very interesting.
    No. I didn't realise this was new work. I'll check them out. Thanks.

The Big O II. That was one series I think, now that I look back, I would've been comfortable with it never continuing. There's just so much about it that bothers me. It feels a great deal like a retread of The Big O, the biggest differences being the writers flirting with the idea of placing Rodger in a committed relationship with either Angel or Dorothy, but never truly going all the way with it.

Alex Rosewater being put into the forefront didn't help matters either; I've always thought he was such a bland antagonist and the entire deal with him and comparing him and Rodger Smith never struck me as smart so much as it felt like the writers needing to give his existence validation as an enemy of the Negotiator. I could say the same thing about Angel's stake in the tale, which really felt like the writer's had no idea what to do with her (or the show, once they got cancelled again) besides make her broodish about Rodger being in love with a robot. (And don't get me started on the Re-release theme song. Ugh).

At the very least I can say that Toshihiko Sahashi delivered on yet another fantastic score.

Grand Shriner The Legend of Zelda's Avatar
    I never thought I'd see people hating on NGE and Death Note lol. Evangelion is basically a legend, a mecha anime that stood apart from everything with it's deep thinking and mystery back in the 90s. And up to this day all you see is some kind of copy-cat mecha animes that pretty much try to emulate NGE in one way or another.

SS Omega was ok.. I stopped right where they got to the woman at Geminis, I just didn't have any interest. I have to agree it did not deliver what fans wanted, the quality is just not there; it felt like watching pokemon. The most recent Saint Seiya Lost Canvas which is GODLY when it comes down to quality, I just could not believe my eyes with the animation. Its so fresh in the fans memory and they release Omega shortly after... It would just end up pissing people off lol.

Grand Shriner
    I got two words to say about what disappointed me (not because it was badly dubbed but the writers were probably hackney at best): Sonic X.

Onion Kid
    As an Atlus-fan, I was very disappointed with:

- Persona 3
    Persona 3 is the worst Persona game and the anime is not much better.

- Persona 4 Golden
    Persona 4 was quite good, but Golden is cheap.

- Devil Survivors 2
    If only they had respected the story and used Shoji Meguro's music, the result would have been a good anime. Now it's just a below-average series with only 12 episodes.

꧁Heart & mind unfolding꧂ franzito's Avatar
    Tenchi Muyo.

Shriner
    How was Tenchi disappointing? I found myself dissatisfied with it to a certain extent too even though it's one of my favorites, it never seemed to address certain issues even after multiple seasons

I'm not really too disappointed with most animes I've watched but most of even my favorites are at least a little disappointing in that they often didn't last long enough. I'm craving extra seasons of series that lasted only a year or two..

Bleach..After the Soul Rescue arc,its all downhill from there..

Blood+

I remember liking it when I watched it a long time ago when it came on Toonami. I recently ran through it again, and it wasn't pretty to say the least.

Akame Ga Kill... they change the story.... and Gundam G Reconguista..... i can't feel any emotion from them......

Onion Kid
    Nobunaga the Fool was surprisingly disappointing. maybe i had just heard too much hype about it though, set the bar too high XD

Psycho-Pass 2.

To be fair I only watched 5 out of 11 episodes from the second season. But what I saw left me disgusted. It was an utter disgrace compared to the first season.
    I have faith in the movie though. It had the original writer and production studio involved. Looking forward when it comes out on blu-ray.
    - Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.

Took a look at Saint Seiya Omega because the DVDs were on sale.

I haven't been that mad since 2011's Conan remake. that...thing, on top of being a scenaristic abomination, is hideously designed, had crappy characters and more or less shits on the whole damn original series. It was especially hard to accept considering "The lost canvas" was a decent prequel to Saint Seiya.

that and the fact I grew up with Saint Seiya: it started airing here around 1988, I had the toys, The movies were some of the very first anime tapes I bought around 2000 (along with Venus Wars and Nadia) and I started to read mangas because I wanted to read the Hades arc.

Searching memories of our yesterdays
    Far too strong to fade away
    Every moment has its lifetime,
    And each lifetime
    Has its day
    I'm chasing shadows all the way