Page 10 of 112 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415162060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Soundtracks and Collections

Grand Shriner
    ok i ripped the score for the guy on youtube and it wasent good its good on youtube but not when ripped lol the i asked the guy if he upload to megaupload and he said no oh well the score from what i heard im kinda 50 50 so far about it

Grand Shriner
    I feel like we kinda go through this at this time every year now, lol. It's like a tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by mediaright View Post
    I feel like we kinda go through this at this time every year now, lol. It's like a tradition.
    I guess things just wouldn't be right if we weren't all trying to track down the new movie soundtrack like bloodhounds!

EDIT : BTW everyone, I got 22 out of the 23 pieces already on youtube. I had issues with High Touch! 2009

Grand Shriner
    but us that quality good i ripped them aswell its not the same

It's ripped from the HD videos. It sounds exactly like it does on youtube.

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Seary View Post
    It's ripped from the HD videos. It sounds exactly like it does on youtube.
    hmmm really maybe uve better software than me ok so far hes on track 26 only 4 more to go

Grand Shriner
    I think this is kinda ill-spent effort, trying to rip meh quality off YouTube. Either try to scrape IRC or the interwebs, or just try to find something else useful to do. An actual rip will get here eventually.

Meh... I love that word!

And it's not really "meh" quality, it's really high quality! Now we just need the last 4 tracks, and I'll have the whole thing ready for upload!

EDIT : I should say, I'll have all but High Touch! 2009. For some reason, I can't get it to work right!

Grand Shriner
    But it's not high quality...it's only as high as a youtube rip can be...which isn't very good. Plus, it's a rip of a rip, which doesn't help either. It may be fine if you listen to stuff constantly at 128kbps, but for the rest of us...it's kinda no help.

It's at 320 kbps, just like all of my music. And, to me, it sounds like I'm playing the actual CD.

Depends on the ripping program... some can do vbr and higher than 128kbps off youtube...

So no bashing it till we hear it... than if it's really that bad, I may consider buying it... though I will utterly feel stupid if I buy it and a real CD rip ends up online before mine arrives; or the same day or a few days later (that isn't obviously a copy of mine... ).

And than if it's not that great and the above doesn't end up occuring; I can try out my new ripping program. I haven't had anything to whirl it out on... and I'm too lazy to re-rip things I've already ripped from my CDs. >>;; I know I shouldn't be... but at the moment as long as it sounds decent enough and works, I don't really care what bitrate it is.
    My Purchase list:
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    My CDs:

I could upload a sample track. Ooh! I could upload one of the tracks that was already released on the High Touch! single, and you could compare and tell me what you all think! Now... which should I upload?

EDIT : I will admit... I just got High Touch! 2009 (Movie Size) from youtube, but it sounds a little weird. But, it's the best I could get.

pick one ;p

Arrival of Arceus:

sounds good to me... go ahead and up the rest whenever you're ready.

I'm missing the last four tracks. I'll upload the first 26, though, if you'd want me to.

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewsie View Post
    Depends on the ripping program... some can do vbr and higher than 128kbps off youtube...
    Umm...I hate to cry foul more on this than I already have, but that's not how compression works, you know. You could re-encode to whatever you wanted off of YouTube, but you're just re-encoding what's already been compressed. You're doubly degrading the quality, since YouTube compresses anything uploaded. So from a CD, that'd be AIFF-->MP3 on YouTube --> MP4 video (if you do it the right way) --> MP3 again, or just to worse MP3 if you do a straight stream-rip off youtube.

P.S. I have no problem with a YouTube rip for everyone else's sake. But if someone finds a real rip, pleas post that too. Thanks.

Here's what I have so far! The first 26 tracks:

thank you!

Grand Shriner
    no wait for all 30 tracks and it will be official

also what do u think of the score so far its more mature that old movie i think plus remixing old tune cool some anime music for diamond and pearl for ds route 202 and some tracks from movie 10 and 11

Grand Shriner
    I like the anime remixes, and a few of the tracks are sweet. I also think the tone and sound space for this recording is far better than any of the recent ones. However, I can't pick out one solid or memorable melody in here. I think in general, when it comes to movies, Miyazaki has lost his edge. Every film has the same nuanced blend of drawn out strings with a touch of modern percussion. I know that's his preference, but for goodness sake, try something different for once. I truly haven't been impressed with any of his movie scores since Lucario. He's a far better arranger than he is a composer. ShoPro would be wise to release another anime BGM CD next time.

here's another one of those places that may not stay up... but currently has a lot of Pokemon albums

Grand Shriner
    can some fix movie 12 score it has notags to import to wmm or any other program it says mp3 insert failed

It does have tags. I even used the new tagging system I use for all of my Japanese CDs. I have he album title in English, then Japanese. Each song title has English first, then Japanese.

Grand Shriner
    it will play but wnt go into itunes pr my magic music maker or anythnig i tried convert everything i never had this problem b4 ????