Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141519 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 601

Thread: "Worst Movie Ever" thread.

  1. #201
    we people space with phantoms avilslare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Vastalis View Post
    Twilight!!!
    Screw melancholy vampires that sparkle! Vampires are supposed to burn and die in the sun, not sparkle!!!

    The Wolf clan seemed way more interesting than the freakin vampires!!!
    Yeah, it seems like it's personal preference when it comes to how someone thinks a vampire should act. Some people like the gothic vamps from Underworld, while others like the ferocious, blood thirsty vamps from 30 Days of Night (thought I've heard people complain about this type as well). Personally I think they should act more like animals just trying to survive. IMO they shouldn't be so happy nor should they be so civilized.

  2. #202
    Something wicca this way comes matt damon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Halliwell Manor
    Posts
    10,283
    vampires suck anyway. witches are way better. (if i had to pick, i'd pick the buffy/angel vamps)

    i agree that twilight is garbage though

    Quote Originally Posted by Alice Wonderbra
    baby sun is creepy with its giggling and happy baby-ness.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

  3. #203
    Under the Influence Aniki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    496
    Right now I don't know whats worse Twilight or Transformers 2.

  4. #204
    I can never do NUTHING!!! Vastalis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    East Los-Boyle Heights BITCHES
    Posts
    2,017
    Quote Originally Posted by avilslare View Post
    Yeah, it seems like it's personal preference when it comes to how someone thinks a vampire should act. Some people like the gothic vamps from Underworld, while others like the ferocious, blood thirsty vamps from 30 Days of Night (thought I've heard people complain about this type as well). Personally I think they should act more like animals just trying to survive. IMO they shouldn't be so happy nor should they be so civilized.
    It's not so much as to a preferance to certain vampire archtypes, but more that these vampires dont seem to have a weakness except for their thirst of blood! I mean if a vampire can survive being out in sunlight, then what weakness do they really have? The whole point for them having a weakness to sunlight is for the price they make for being immortal and having power!

    Sorry, didn't mean to make it into a debate about vampires, I just really hate Twilight! And before any twilight fans start crying, yes I did give the story a chance! But just like FF8, the stupid twist killed what otherwise would've been a pretty decent story!
    Who has the best record in Baseball? The Dodgers!!!
    Henry Rollins

    A Real American Hero!

    Here's a cool Flash movie about the Aztec God [Hidden link. Register to see links.]!

  5. #205
    we people space with phantoms avilslare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Vastalis View Post
    It's not so much as to a preferance to certain vampire archtypes, but more that these vampires dont seem to have a weakness except for their thirst of blood! I mean if a vampire can survive being out in sunlight, then what weakness do they really have? The whole point for them having a weakness to sunlight is for the price they make for being immortal and having power!

    Sorry, didn't mean to make it into a debate about vampires, I just really hate Twilight! And before any twilight fans start crying, yes I did give the story a chance! But just like FF8, the stupid twist killed what otherwise would've been a pretty decent story!
    The vamps in Twilight can walk around in daylight? That's lame. I think you should at least stick to the basics of vampire weaknesses with their films. And I've yet to see it and probably won't seeing how it seems more like a movie for adolescents.

  6. #206
    Blaze Kicker fearow23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    72
    Paul Blart: Mall Cop

    I went to go see in in theaters with my dad, and I swear we were both squirming in our seats waiting or that movie to be over. The jokes weren't funny, and they had so many plot twists that made it unbelievable. Terrible movie, I don't know how it did so well, or atleast as well as it did.

  7. #207
    I can never do NUTHING!!! Vastalis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    East Los-Boyle Heights BITCHES
    Posts
    2,017
    Quote Originally Posted by avilslare View Post
    The vamps in Twilight can walk around in daylight? That's lame. I think you should at least stick to the basics of vampire weaknesses with their films. And I've yet to see it and probably won't seeing how it seems more like a movie for adolescents.
    Yup! The Vampires in this series don't burn into ash or blow up in the sun! Aparently aside from the regular vampire characteristics, the only other way you can tell they're vampires is that they literally sparkle in sunlight!
    Just look at Adult Swim's VERY condensed telling of [Hidden link. Register to see links.]! lol

  8. #208
    Shriner
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    35
    Date Movie
    Epic Movie
    The Comebacks
    The Spirit
    Street Fighter
    Street Fighter: Legend Of Chun-Li
    Batman & Robin
    Mortal Kombat: Annihilation
    Steel

  9. #209
    Grand Shriner StillAlive1364's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    181
    Mummy 3
    Leprechaun Goes To The Hood T_T

    I mean... seriously? Why even make a horror film like that? *sighs* There are more, but I can't think of them at the moment. I'll be back...

  10. #210
    Love Fighter Pisces Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    189
    There are too many to post them all, so i will just post the most hated ones.

    1. Any Uwe Boll movie, they simply suck.
    2. All "theme" movie (ie Epic movie, etc) except superhero movie.

  11. #211
    Something wicca this way comes matt damon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Halliwell Manor
    Posts
    10,283
    not another team movie and scary movie 1 and 2 were awesome. and rofl, superhero movie is garbage (at least it had a somewhat coherent plot)

  12. #212
    Onion Kid
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    15
    8mm starring Nicholas Cage. My ma was stupid enough to take me to see it. I was scarred.

  13. #213
    Supermanda littlefoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Canada, AB
    Posts
    21
    Has anyone here seen Teaching Mrs.Tingle? Such a stupid fucking movie. Go watch it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Nazi Germanyname View Post
    not another team movie and scary movie 1 and 2 were awesome. and rofl, superhero movie is garbage (at least it had a somewhat coherent plot)
    I laughed at one part in Superhero movie.
    "I shat my pants."
    Honestly? Of all excuses? This was gold.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

  14. #214
    Shriner
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    35
    I figured I'd read as much of this thread as I could before posting anything. From the looks of things, there are far too many people that posted here that have no idea what a good or bad movie is, or in some cases they don't even know what they're looking at...

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightspark View Post
    The Golden Child. The Movie had terrible CGI, & lack of a decent Plot.
    There was no CG in The Golden Child, and thinking there was any in a movie released in 1986 shows that you don't know what the f**k you're talking about...

    Quote Originally Posted by CloseToTheEdge View Post
    Batman Returns is my second favourite.

    In a sense, though, I'm kind of annoyed that TDK is getting this much attention, and from turds who don't even understand the subtleties and intricacies of the plot; who are more interested in seeing Christian Bale's exposed torso and OMGEXPOLSUNS!!!!!11111ONEELEVEN!!!!+1=2!!!!!

    It's not that I don't love the movie, it's a (flawed) masterpiece, but I tire of hearing about it all the time, and of hearing people recite the Joker's lines ad nauseum.
    One: Bale was hardly shirtless in the movie. That's coming from someplace internal...

    Two: People like the movie. Get over that. Maybe they like it for the same reasons as you do, or maybe they don't. But that doesn't make the movie any worse. Obnoxious jackasses quoting it was getting to me too, but I just got used to cutting them off or ignoring them. It usually helps to be honest about their sh*tty impersonations. If they know they suck, they usually stop.

    As for the rest of this thread...oh boy. I've been working on leaving my fanboyisms out of the criticism, and as it turns out most of the movies that get it wrong already suck on their own. That aside, here's a list (not the list because that would be impossibly long)...

    Alien Vs. Hunter
    Alien Vs. Predator: Requiem (I luckily haven't seen the first one in its entirety)
    Alpha Dog
    Ax 'Em (look it up...I dare ya')
    Bad Boys
    Bad Boys II
    Batman (memorable visuals, but largely uninspired, high concept nonsense*)
    Batman Returns (He didn't go anywhere, and the movie is built on high concept and toyeticisms and nothing else)
    Batman Forever (bad characterization, hammy performances, questionable writing, etc.)
    Batman & Robin (...does this need explanation?)
    Blade Trinity
    The Boondock Saints (such a wannabe "anti-blockbuster")
    Bruno (completely misses its own point)
    Bug
    Children of the Corn IV (KEEP EVA MENDES OUT OF MOVIES!!)
    Crash (2004-It's NOT culturally relevant. It just perpetuates stereotypes.)
    Cursed (Scream...this time, with WEREWOLVES)
    Dragonball Evolution
    Doom
    Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd
    Elektra
    Equilibrium (HIGHLY overrated)
    Fast and Furious (dropping articles doesn't make your plot original...)
    Final Destination 3
    The Forbidden Kingdom
    Gothika
    Halloween (Rob Zombie's remake...ugh)
    Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay
    Heart of America (Early Uwe...)
    Hostel
    Hostel pt. II
    I Know Who Killed Me
    Imagine That
    Jaws: The Revenge
    John Tucker Must Die
    Madea's Family Reunion
    Mission Impossible 2
    Mortal Kombat
    Mortal Kombat: Annihilation
    Norbit
    Not Another Teen Movie
    Predator 2
    Resident Evil
    Resident Evil Apocalypse
    Resident Evil Extinction (THIS, I'm saying without seeing it...)
    Robocop 2
    Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li (it made me appreciate the '94 movie...)
    Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
    Superman Returns (even the reason he left is f**king retarded...)
    Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines ("How to Kill a Franchise with $30 Million")
    Transformers
    Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen (Standards)
    The Transporter
    Twilight
    X-Men
    X2: X-Men United
    X-Men: The Last Stand
    X-Men Origins: Wolverine
    You Got Served

    And this is mostly mainstream...if I added more of the low-budget sh*t I've seen...

    *- a movie that's more about who stars in it as opposed to a well-crafted story

  15. #215
    Grand Shriner stardragon978's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    510
    I'm glad to see that a couple of people didn't care for "Blair Witch".
    I know a lot of people liked that particular movie, but I saw nothing scary or interesting about it.
    I could have cared less about any of the characters (am I the only one who wanted to shove the camera up that girl's nose??)
    Also put me in the "Twilight" haters camp.
    Please note that I have NOT seen the movie, nor do I have any intention of ever subjecting my DVD player to such garbage.
    I picked up the book one day (bored in the library) and thumbed through a few pages. I placed the book back onto the shelf and began shaking my head because of how poorly written the book is.
    As for the vampires "sparkling" in the sunlight...
    Nevermind, I don't think my keyboard would survive the attack I would pound through on the keys.

    Another movie I'll add to the mix was "The Covenant". I watched this one for free on TV and I STILL want my money back!!!!!

    As for movies that had potential but tripped at the finish line:
    Golden Compass (Wonderful book. Movie should have been about three hours long!)
    Eragon (How the **** did they screw this one up? Another example of a movie that should have been a lot longer!)
    Quantum of Solace (Where to begin with this one? How about the fact that it didn't feel like a Bond movie!)

  16. #216
    Onion Kid
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16
    Oh damn,what a facked up thread! why not post all hated films in one post,so that you spam around in 9 pages? ^^

    Well whatever you think shinigami,but it comes to my mind,that you do it to spam! OMG 1 STAR FOR TRANSFORMERS? WTF?

    Tell me what you gave 5 stars? oops sorry,you dont have one srry!

    My mostly hated:

    twilight and the futer ones
    high school musical 1 ,2 ,3 ,4,5,6 and the future ones,if they will produce further ones
    camp rock and the future ones
    ----
    Case: Twilight: The Charackter looks GAY and fucked up like extra pre made for teenagers! Nothing special! There is no BIG vampire action as in blade or vampires dawn. Love stories SUCKS! The books sucks although i didnt read any book there :P
    High school and Camp:

    WELL! The story sucks ass and is so FAKE MADED! Gaylords with unreal story!
    STUPID!

  17. #217
    we people space with phantoms avilslare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,915
    Quote Originally Posted by fearow23 View Post
    Paul Blart: Mall Cop
    Yeah, you might as well wait for Seth Rogen's Observe and Report.

  18. #218
    Im error solidsnake999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    356
    Uwe Boll=Shitty movie
    DUDLEY MAN!!!! GUTTER TRASH!!

  19. #219
    Shriner
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Ness64 View Post
    Oh damn,what a facked up thread! why not post all hated films in one post,so that you spam around in 9 pages? ^^

    Well whatever you think shinigami,but it comes to my mind,that you do it to spam! OMG 1 STAR FOR TRANSFORMERS? WTF?

    Tell me what you gave 5 stars? oops sorry,you dont have one srry!

    My mostly hated:

    twilight and the futer ones
    high school musical 1 ,2 ,3 ,4,5,6 and the future ones,if they will produce further ones
    camp rock and the future ones
    ----
    Case: Twilight: The Charackter looks GAY and fucked up like extra pre made for teenagers! Nothing special! There is no BIG vampire action as in blade or vampires dawn. Love stories SUCKS! The books sucks although i didnt read any book there :P
    High school and Camp:

    WELL! The story sucks ass and is so FAKE MADED! Gaylords with unreal story!
    STUPID!
    Judging by your choices and spelling, I'm not shocked that you think Transformers was a good movie. Hopefully, you'll grow out of it as well as learn a few reading comprehension skills. That might keep you from attributing "1 STAR" ratings in cases where stars were never mentioned.

    ...and I wouldn't even give Transformers a full star.

  20. #220
    Something wicca this way comes matt damon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Halliwell Manor
    Posts
    10,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinigami64 View Post
    The Forbidden Kingdom
    Not Another Teen Movie
    X-Men
    X2: X-Men United
    X-Men: The Last Stand
    X-Men Origins: Wolverine
    at the forbidden kingdom and not another teen movie. forbidden kingdom was pretty entertaining (plus the main guy was cute ) and not another teen movie is hilarious, even if it is bad.

    i'm curious why you think the first two xmen were bad (last stand was terrible and origins was just abysmal)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ness64 View Post
    Oh damn,what a facked up thread! why not post all hated films in one post,so that you spam around in 9 pages? ^^

    Well whatever you think shinigami,but it comes to my mind,that you do it to spam! OMG 1 STAR FOR TRANSFORMERS? WTF?

    Tell me what you gave 5 stars? oops sorry,you dont have one srry!

    My mostly hated:

    twilight and the futer ones
    high school musical 1 ,2 ,3 ,4,5,6 and the future ones,if they will produce further ones
    camp rock and the future ones
    ----
    Case: Twilight: The Charackter looks GAY and fucked up like extra pre made for teenagers! Nothing special! There is no BIG vampire action as in blade or vampires dawn. Love stories SUCKS! The books sucks although i didnt read any book there :P
    High school and Camp:

    WELL! The story sucks ass and is so FAKE MADED! Gaylords with unreal story!
    STUPID!
    this was so painful for me to read.

  21. #221
    Shriner
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by anyname View Post
    at the forbidden kingdom and not another teen movie. forbidden kingdom was pretty entertaining (plus the main guy was cute ) and not another teen movie is hilarious, even if it is bad.

    i'm curious why you think the first two xmen were bad (last stand was terrible and origins was just abysmal)


    this was so painful for me to read.
    Forbidden Kingdom is so unoriginal, and the only highlight was a fight sequence that doesn't truly showcase the extent of Jet Li or Jackie Chan's physical talent. Plus, there were logical and factual errors in the film that annoyed the shit out of me (There is no character that does the "Buddha's Palm" in Virtua Fighter 2!!!! = a minor example). Not Another Teen Movie wasn't very funny at all. Many of the jokes relied entirely on shock value, gross-out, or overt sexuality that managed to make Cerina Vincent the antithesis of erotic, and the rest were callbacks to pop culture references that relied too much on its source.

    As for the X-Men movies, to me they really sucked from day one because of how bland they made the characters look. But aside from that, the movies have poor character development and the first movie has even lousier character establishment. Viewers know next to nothing about any of the characters that aren't Wolverine, Rogue, Xavier, Magneto, or WOLVERINE. The problem is we're never allowed the chance to since the films are catered to Logan's benefit to such an extent that some characters are reduced in power to make him look better (I'm looking at you, movie Magneto...). Every other character is seen as how they relate to those four characters as opposed to having the chance to be their own character (Cyclops suffers the worst from this), and the special effects/fights lack imagination. Plus, the series as a whole is full of meaningless cameos from characters meant to cater to the fans but add nothing to the film. The 3rd movie is pretty much a compressed version of every wrong step taken in the previous installments. Of course, the truth is that the film never had much a chance to be good considering what it was following...

  22. #222
    Grand Shriner Kryborne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by Olde View Post
    I think Boondock Saintswas really terrible. Maybe not the worst movie, but it definitely didn't deserve the cult attention it garnered.

    Also, the famous movie 8 1/2 by Fellini was extremely bad in my opinion. Wikipedia says it was ranked 3rd best movie of all time, but it was really fucking boring and a lot of the scenes seemed out of place. It's a movie that's literally about writer's block; the main character is stuck on this one part in a movie he's directing, and the whole movie represents that stagnation. Unfortunately, it feels like it's going nowhere for 2 1/2 hours, which is basically true.

    Also, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon is one of the worst movies imo. No substance, and people cannot move like that.

    Are you kidding me? Boondock Saints is an awesome movie. If your gonna name horrid movies how bout movie like I Know Who Killed Me, Catwoman, The Postman, Gigli, Ballistic: Ecks vs Sever, Troll 2, The Room, Barb Wire, Kazaam, Spice World, Glitter, Freddy Got Fingered, Showgirls, Striptease, Basic Instinct 2.
    "I think I was born in the wrong era" -Ben Johnson/Me

  23. #223
    Grand Shriner Kryborne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    169
    Oh I forgot The Golden Compass

  24. #224
    Something wicca this way comes matt damon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Halliwell Manor
    Posts
    10,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinigami64 View Post
    Forbidden Kingdom is so unoriginal, and the only highlight was a fight sequence that doesn't truly showcase the extent of Jet Li or Jackie Chan's physical talent. Plus, there were logical and factual errors in the film that annoyed the shit out of me (There is no character that does the "Buddha's Palm" in Virtua Fighter 2!!!! = a minor example). Not Another Teen Movie wasn't very funny at all. Many of the jokes relied entirely on shock value, gross-out, or overt sexuality that managed to make Cerina Vincent the antithesis of erotic, and the rest were callbacks to pop culture references that relied too much on its source.

    As for the X-Men movies, to me they really sucked from day one because of how bland they made the characters look. But aside from that, the movies have poor character development and the first movie has even lousier character establishment. Viewers know next to nothing about any of the characters that aren't Wolverine, Rogue, Xavier, Magneto, or WOLVERINE. The problem is we're never allowed the chance to since the films are catered to Logan's benefit to such an extent that some characters are reduced in power to make him look better (I'm looking at you, movie Magneto...). Every other character is seen as how they relate to those four characters as opposed to having the chance to be their own character (Cyclops suffers the worst from this), and the special effects/fights lack imagination. Plus, the series as a whole is full of meaningless cameos from characters meant to cater to the fans but add nothing to the film. The 3rd movie is pretty much a compressed version of every wrong step taken in the previous installments. Of course, the truth is that the film never had much a chance to be good considering what it was following...
    the forbidden kingdom was based on virtua fighter? i didn't know that.

    the hilariousness of NOTM, imo, stems from the fact that they accurately parody the teen movie genre. you're right about the shock value gags though.

    and i see what you mean about the xmen movies. it annoyed me how wolverine-centric the movies were, especially since he is not that awesome of a character (inb4neg). regarding cyclops, he never really did have much to his character in the comics, at least not until recently (at least imo)

    and before i go on a fanboy rant, i must ask you to clarify this: "Of course, the truth is that the film never had much a chance to be good considering what it was following..." are you saying that xmen as a whole was not a good source material or that xmen 3 is a terrible movie because the arc it was based on was terrible.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kryborne View Post
    Are you kidding me? Boondock Saints is an awesome movie. If your gonna name horrid movies how bout movie like I Know Who Killed Me, Catwoman, The Postman, Gigli, Ballistic: Ecks vs Sever, Troll 2, The Room, Barb Wire, Kazaam, Spice World, Glitter, Freddy Got Fingered, Showgirls, Striptease, Basic Instinct 2.
    spice world and kazaam are so bad and cheesy that they're so deliciously good (and i think spice world was intentionally made that way)

    EDIT: kryborne, don't double post. use the edit button.

  25. #225
    The Puppeteer TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    10,274
    American Flatulators.

    seriously, the worst shit ever.


    Sig too big

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •