View Poll Results: Who was the best Doctor?

Voters
233. You may not vote on this poll
  • First Doctor - William Hartnell

9 3.86%
  • Second Doctor - Patrick Troughton

15 6.44%
  • Third Doctor - Jon Pertwee

13 5.58%
  • Fourth Doctor - Tom Baker

52 22.32%
  • Fifth Doctor - Peter Davison

3 1.29%
  • # Sixth Doctor - Colin Baker

10 4.29%
  • Seventh Doctor - Sylvester McCoy

9 3.86%
  • Eighth Doctor - Paul McGann

14 6.01%
  • Ninth Doctor - Christopher Eccleston

18 7.73%
  • Tenth Doctor - David Tennant

90 38.63%
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: THE DOCTOR WHO STUFF THREAD

FFRadio DJ
    Quote Originally Posted by littlesmegger View Post
    In 2001 there was a fire in the BBC Television Centre that managed to destroy several archives of television programmes. Some of which obviously being Doctor Who.
    The lost episode had nothing to do with the fire but seems copies where just sent out and no originals kept. A lot of the series has been redone on DVD and I have seen many of them. [Hidden link. Register to see links.] There is a great mini show on the 2nd DVD of the Invasion explaining the process with some the people who even turned in the cassettes they made with a mic pressed up to the TV.

Released:
    6th November 2006

The release of The Invasion onto DVD heralded the first time an incomplete story had been released on its own. When the story was originally released onto VHS, Nicholas Courtney was drafted in to briefly fill in the blanks left by the two missing episodes, but this time around something far more ambitious was in order, with Cosgrove Hall, who had earlier collaborated with the BBC on the webcast Scream of the Shalka, being called in to produce animated versions of Episodes One and Four, using their still surviving soundtracks.
    Next time quote someone when you have your facts right.

King of the Birabuto Kingdom littlesmegger's Avatar
    Well my facts are still accurate, episodes were destroyed in the fire, regardless of what you've seen. I was fully aware of who has done the restoration on the episodes and didn't actually say they were amateurs, you have added that in yourself.

And secondly, there's no need really for the small fonted remark at the end, telling me what I can and can't do, as if I took your quote out of context or something. I merely used it as a reference as to why I was posting.

But fair enough, if you wanna sound cocky on here then do so. Wont win you any prizes or brownie points either way...

Now on Wii U's Nintendo Network alongside Xbox Live, PlayStation Network and Steam
    Search for 'littlesmegger' to add me to your friend's list.

New K.K. Slider Live and Soundcheck Compilations Uploaded!

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

FFRadio DJ
    far enough you was first and dont need anything from you brownies or other wise :P

And so animators have since made it an effort to use still exsisting audio tapes to create animated replicas of the episodes.
    Your "facts" are wrong misleading ... go watch the documentaries on the dvd's from the guys who did all the shows, i have... you have not obviously...

unsubscribed to this thread cause of you calling me "cocky" dont need that noise

I AM OFFICIALLY BACK

sorry guys. i ve been on [Hidden link. Register to see links.] for ages and i havnt come back here. I have succeeded in entering my thread safely after infiltrating the shrine...

btw, i have seen every episode after 2005 now.

holy shit!!!!i still cant create threads!!!

Mwuahahaha

Yes, I'm feeding the trolls. SUE ME.

what?

I'm currently still watching the first season but I'm just about to watch "The Empty Child". So far I'm really loving it though. It's a great mix of slapstick, cheesy and fun sci-fi but you also get some genuinely moving and disturbing episodes, much like "Fathers Day" and "The Unquiet Dead".

So yeah, I'm loving it so far.

are you my mummy?

Onion Kid
    Sylvester McCoy must be my all time favorite, since it's when I started watching the show when it would air on pbs when I was a kid. David Tennant is also really amazing. The new episodes have a charm thanks to new technology the old seasons could only dream of. I would love it if a new set of dvds could be put together of the whole run. *sigh*

OMFG NEG IS BANNED

Shriner
    The eastern special is finally comming this month!!!!! Cant wait!!!

LOL, hi Mooglemage~

Goren
    LOL, hi Mooglemage~

LOL, im definitely not LOLing.

Goren
    Well too fucking bad we LOL'd 10 days ago. We can't LOL that much.

Also when I posted that I forgot to put it in yellow text.

LOL IM SO BORED MY OTHER WEBSITE (WHICH IM STAFF OF) ISNT ACTIVE @ THE MOMENT

Onion Kid
    I have been fan since i was a kid in the sixties, i got depressed when it was off the screens, yes i really am that sad. I think the series has always been hit and miss but all the better when the producers got it right, scuse me while i plot to build a Dalek

I'd be interesting if Matt Smith was added to the poll, but David Tennant is the Tom Baker of this new generation. Plus of course, he's fan friendly and loves the show! Pertwee is still my fave, but DT 'is' The Doctor for the 21st century!
    "Anything can happen in the next half hour..."

Onion Kid
    Why can't the BBC put on some of the old Doctor Who , how can you vote for your favorite Doctor when you don't know al his incarnations. I have a TV rip of Patrick Troughton in 'The Dominators' this came from a show called Breakfast With The Baldies from Australia, respect due! As a footnote it is a fact that the missing episodes were taped over because of financial reasons by the BBC, i do not know what damage the fire caused so i can't comment, i have all the Loose Canon reconstructions and all the early BBC dvd's, even remember some from first time round Galifrean greetings to you all!

I Am The One They Call: Meowth Mixer Tanis's Avatar
    @Cap: Because much of the 'Classic' Doctor Who has been destroyed or only mediocre version remain and what-not.

If you want a thread where you can download all of them, let me know.

Bartender to Iris & Panda burneggroll's Avatar
    If you are going to quote, please cite your references.
    The Doctor Who missing episodes are the installments of the long-running British science-fiction television programme Doctor Who that have no known film or videotape copies. They were wiped (or "junked") by the BBC during the 1960s and 1970s for economic and space-saving reasons. ~ [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Other classics were also lost. See: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

The BBC is not the only one that destroyed, or is destroying, archives. It was a common practice in the days of expensive storage, no archiving preservatives, when films & tapes were bulky. Disney recently made some acquisitions stipulated with the condition Disney not be responsible for archive preservation. Leaving the fate of back catalogs in doubt. ~cite?

Even with only the soundtrack, The Massacre of St Bartholomew's Eve (William Hartnell, 1966) was voted one of The Best Doctor Who Stories. [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Right now, I'm liking Sylvester McCoy. But, there is a Doctor Who for every mood!

All posts are for public interest purposes only. Commercial re-use is not authorized.

My Favorite Audios Checklist

My favourite Doctor is always the one I'm watching at the time!

I used to be a firm PD fan but then his soon to be son-in-law and totally made me into a 5 AND 10 fangirl. I still love PD. He cannot be replaced at all, but DT is just too awesome and as far as I am concerned it's a dead on tie, those two! I like other Doctors too, but those two are "my" Doctors.

Onion Kid
    Fourth Doctor - Tom Baker: (8 June 1974 21 March 1981)