Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does anybody still wanna have FFX-3?

Question Does anybody still wanna have FFX-3?

Its been a while since I seen threads about FFX-3. So I thought I just bring it back.

Ever since I beat the game. It got me curious. How did Tidus come & the aeons as well? Would that mean Sin is coming back?

I know most of everyone think its pointless to make another one. I heard alot of people were disappointed with FFX-2....... At least they got sweet songs

But if they put some action like FF-13, they would for sure be able to sale. Just imagine yuna with dual pistol action and at least make Tidus a playable character again with sword action.

Anybody left who still wants FFX-3?

I think they should make a prequel if anything about Auron/Jecht/Braska and other things and call it FFX-Zero.

redbat
    I think they should leave it where it is.
    :/

don't tease the octopus Meltigemini's Avatar
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Zak View Post
    I think they should make a prequel if anything about Auron/Jecht/Braska and other things and call it FFX-Zero.
    One of the better suggestions we've had regarding the whole FFX collection. I would probably get that if it came out.

Big thanks to Maria for this great sig!

Here's a sequel: Play FFVII.

Tidus is playable in FFX-2 International + Last Mission, and so as Jecht, Maechen and Seymour.

Quote Originally Posted by Seigblade View Post
    Its been a while since I seen threads about FFX-3. So I thought I just bring it back.

Ever since I beat the game. It got me curious. How did Tidus come & the aeons as well? Would that mean Sin is coming back?

I know most of everyone think its pointless to make another one. I heard alot of people were disappointed with FFX-2....... At least they got sweet songs

But if they put some action like FF-13, they would for sure be able to sale. Just imagine yuna with dual pistol action and at least make Tidus a playable character again with sword action.

Anybody left who still wants FFX-3?
    No, X-2 kind of ruined it for me. A prequel could be good though, I guess.
    Sorry Player, I'm Noriega crossed with Schwarzenegger
    The orphan maker, orchestrate your fate in a torture chamber

A prequel with Jecht and co. would be terrible. It would be exactly like FFX, except without any of the plot twists and an ending where everyone dies. Who wants to play a game where your reward for beating the final boss is a slap in the face?

FFX did a decent enough job summarizing all that we needed to know about Braska's journey. We don't need yet another sequel to a game that didn't really need one in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Harkus View Post
    No, X-2 kind of ruined it for me. A prequel could be good though, I guess.
    Depends, if you stop looking at it as a sequel to FFX and try to ignore the storyline a bit, the game is quite good. Gamplay wise I loved the game, I do have a few complaints about some randomness and the fact that you -have- to consult a guide to get a 100% score. Simply because the game does no explanation as how to complete certain missions to get the Episode Complete, rather then concluded.

A prequel would be better then another sequel, but I honestly believe that Squeenix should stop milking everything they can and focus more on original new games.

sees through the bs! All Seeing Eye's Avatar
    No, I think most people had enough of the FFX universe. I wish I could say the same about the FFVII universe.

Quote Originally Posted by ThroneofOminous View Post
    A prequel with Jecht and co. would be terrible. It would be exactly like FFX, except without any of the plot twists and an ending where everyone dies. Who wants to play a game where your reward for beating the final boss is a slap in the face?

FFX did a decent enough job summarizing all that we needed to know about Braska's journey. We don't need yet another sequel to a game that didn't really need one in the first place.
    It depends on how they go about it, it could reveal some secrets which were NOT covered in FFX. I mean, look at Crisis Core, everyone knows what happens to Zack, yet it was still made.

They also don't have to use the same aeons or the same battle system, and they probably could include some temple or some area of Spira that didn't exist in FFX. But if they put, say... Leviathan in Djose, then so what? Things change, look at Isaaru, he had just come out of Djose when you first meet him, yet when you fight him he hasn't got Ixion.

There is room for plot twists and surprises and secrets, it's not all about the aftermath of beating Sin. That's probably not even supposed to be a surprise, so it's not like it'll be a slap in the face to whoever is playing. They'd probably play it out as a surprise showing Jecht's reaction, but it should be no secret. That's how prequels always are, asking for a surprise ending to any prequel is asking a little too much.
    For instance, certain sidequests with younger versions of certain characters would be good... like Seymour or Nooj or one of the Maesters.

But other than that, it would be kinda cool to see what it's like fighting the final boss, and they never really showed what it's like to perform a true final summoning, not even in the FFX flashbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by All Seeing Eye
    No, I think most people had enough of the FFX universe. I wish I could say the same about the FFVII universe.
    FFX just had ONE more game. There's always room for more.

Personally I'd like to see another game set in the FFVIII universe, prequel or sequel. Hah... better dream on.

A weapon of righteousness Ngrplz's Avatar
    FFX-2 ruined FFX for me also, HOWEVER, the battle and dressphere system just fucking rocked harder than any battle FFX had.

Story wise, FFX-2 ruined it for me, combat wise FFX ruined it for me.

~Forever known as Purrr~

So if it had a story as good as FFX's and a battle system like X-2's, you'd be happy to have a FFX-3?

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

A Captain Need Not Have a Eyepatch! Agent0042's Avatar
    I liked both games, but still have no interest in a X-3.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] is active -- currently battle is Character Pairings!
    "When prayers turn to promises, not even fate can stand in their way. Wishes can come true. But not if you just wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves. Here and now." - Fang & Vanille
    If you're not reading Goat Pen, you're missing the web's best Final Fantasy fanfiction. ~~ [Hidden link. Register to see links.] ~~ [Hidden link. Register to see links.] - join us and sing!

I guess there is almost no chance for FFX-3......... Unless Squarenix can a good plot. Maybe if the story takes place in Zanarkand (shomehow)

Quote Originally Posted by Ngrplz View Post
    FFX-2 ruined FFX for me also, HOWEVER, the battle and dressphere system just fucking rocked harder than any battle FFX had.

Story wise, FFX-2 ruined it for me, combat wise FFX ruined it for me.
    I admit that FFX-2 gone too much girl power & stuff. But could really say you didn't like the songs they played too.

Righful owner of the matrix jewess crabcake's Avatar
    S-E can sell shit on a rock and make millions, sadly I'm not exaggerating. FFX-2 wasn't bad, it wasn't what I thought it would be but I still appreciate it as a good game. I like X a hell of a lot more, imo they should have switched the battle engines around. In X nobody had a battle personality everybody can hit 9999 with magic and attack, everyone has same skills and magic. In FFX-2 it's the same thing but you have to just switch spheres. I'm just saying the sphere grid would have served a hell of a lot better for a game that had only 3 characters. And the Dress Sphere system would have been better for a larger party. Not that the battles are any different anyway.

You own a Xbox 360? Join the [Hidden link. Register to see links.] today!

Quote Originally Posted by Seigblade View Post
    I guess there is almost no chance for FFX-3......... Unless Squarenix can a good plot. Maybe if the story takes place in Zanarkand (shomehow)
    I'm in agreement with Jeff. At this point, the presumption that Square must write some brilliant or even plausible story to sell a game is ridiculous. While I highly doubt they'd purposely script a pile shit, they have already made less than stellar games which sell simply because of a franchise name. If it's called Final Fantasy, millions of eager fans have already decided to purchase it.

On the matter of X-3, I'll pass because I feel Square already fouled up with X-2.

J. Peterman
    No I do not want a Final Fantasy hentai game.

Quote Originally Posted by Garamond View Post
    No I do not want a Final Fantasy hentai game.
    Why not?

don't tease the octopus Meltigemini's Avatar
    Maybe like most males he prefers real breasts

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    S-E can sell shit on a rock and make millions, sadly I'm not exaggerating. FFX-2 wasn't bad, it wasn't what I thought it would be but I still appreciate it as a good game. I like X a hell of a lot more, imo they should have switched the battle engines around. In X nobody had a battle personality everybody can hit 9999 with magic and attack, everyone has same skills and magic. In FFX-2 it's the same thing but you have to just switch spheres. I'm just saying the sphere grid would have served a hell of a lot better for a game that had only 3 characters. And the Dress Sphere system would have been better for a larger party. Not that the battles are any different anyway.
    I have to disagree. The Dressphere system is more fitting for less characters, considering how many there are. In FFX everyone sort of specialized in something (with Kimahri as a wild card), and took turns specializing in something, tracing each path until they make a full rotation.

FFX-2 was fine with just three characters, because as far as systems go, acquiring new Dresspheres was the equivalent of meeting new characters, seeing as in most of the games they all have their own specialized trait. Managing the 14 Dresspheres between 7 characters would be a bit of a nightmare.

In the international last mission version you can get more characters anyway, so that problem's pretty much solved. I saw Dresspheres as the same as acquiring characters, and not like acquiring Materia in VII.

Righful owner of the matrix jewess crabcake's Avatar
    I don't quite think that's right in both FFXs nobody really had a battle personality. Everyone acquired the same skills even though at different times. The only unique trait they had were overdrives (which I thought X-2 could use).

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I don't quite think that's right in both FFXs nobody really had a battle personality. Everyone acquired the same skills even though at different times. The only unique trait they had were overdrives (which I thought X-2 could use).
    Eh... considering on average beating the game without being a perfectionist, most people would have completed exactly one path and just a tiny bit more. Especially Wakka. Hell, even with being a perfectionist and fighting each battle as it comes without going OUT OF YOUR WAY to level up, by the time you're at Yunalesca, everyone would just be finishing their own paths, Wakka possibly wouldn't even be done with his. That's exactly what happened both times I did a perfect game in FFX. So, unless you're really going out of your way to, say, defeat the Arena monsters and Nemesis, literally if you do everything but the arena and beat the game then each character would most likely have covered just their initial path plus a bit more, with the exception of Kimahri.
    Yes, everyone can learn anything, but considering for each character you have to go out of average bounds to learn the 85% that isn't theirs, I'd say FFX DOES have battle personalities, and in a great way at that. Just because they're not exclusive like in FFIX, it certainly doesn't make them not battle personalities. It's just, battle personalities with a way to unlock everything for everyone at such beyond late stages in the game where battle personalities barely even matter anymore. Well, with the exception of Friend Spheres and all the other special spheres, but those are limited (I know there's not a finite number, but you know what I mean by limited. Hard to come by and limited in your inventory).

And also, even after going beyond covering their initial paths, the order they do them in makes each one unique. Most don't make it through all seven anyway even after beating Nemesis. Usually even the average PERFECTIONIST makes it to somewhere between two and 3.5 paths at most.