Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Does anybody still wanna have FFX-3?

FFIV needs a prequel. Cecil and Kain as the Dark Knight Dynamic Duo. Would be like Vietnam historical fiction.
    Check out my blog: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Heal the body, heal the heart... Enkidoh's Avatar
    Um, Kain is a Dragoon, not Dark Knight Puddles. He took up the path of the Dragoon to follow in his father's footsteps, also a famous Dragoon, despite protestations from the King who wanted him to join Cecil in taking up the Dark Sword - it clearly says that in the game's manual (and NPCs mention it in Baron Castle too early in the game).

Re-railing the topic though, FFX-2 was superfluous enough, so why would we need another useless sequel to FFX, other than to milk a little more from the FF cash cow?
    enkffxisig-new-small

Quote Originally Posted by Quexinos View Post
    I didn't want FFX-2
    I laughed out loud at this one...while I did play FFX-2 it was WAY lack luster in my opinion. I liked the idea of there being more to see of the FF X crew but once I got my wish...>.<
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

No FFX-3, spira is too small and I know it like the back of my hand. Unless it's in new areas I don't want it.
    Sorry Player, I'm Noriega crossed with Schwarzenegger
    The orphan maker, orchestrate your fate in a torture chamber

Personally I would prefer a prequel. A game that revolves around Jecht, Auron and Braska and their adventures. That would definitely be good to see.

FFX-(-1) ?

So the story would be, Sin goes to Zanarkand and takes a blitzball star away to a strange place terrorised by a monster called sin, this place doesn't use much machina. he meets a summoner in besaid and becomes a guardian, protecting the summoner while they go to each temple and pray to the faith to give them their power with the hope of getting the final summoning to defeat sin?

Sound familiar?

Quote Originally Posted by Smarty View Post
    Personally I would prefer a prequel. A game that revolves around Jecht, Auron and Braska and their adventures. That would definitely be good to see.

FFX-(-1) ?
    x2!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Harkus View Post
    So the story would be, Sin goes to Zanarkand and takes a blitzball star away to a strange place terrorised by a monster called sin, this place doesn't use much machina. he meets a summoner in besaid and becomes a guardian, protecting the summoner while they go to each temple and pray to the faith to give them their power with the hope of getting the final summoning to defeat sin?

Sound familiar?
    Well, geez, when you put it that way . . . Man, I dunno. I'm sure SE would find some way of making it feel a little more.. 'fresh', shall we say. I mean look at Crisis Core; Zack friggin' meets Aerish (Aeris, Aerith, I dunno wtf to call her anymore) the exact same way Cloud does–he falls through the church roof! That seemed a little too "Oh, please" for me. Maybe you're right, and it would feel like X all over again. But as long as it's only the basic premise that's similar, not the individual moments that progress, I'd be happy. In other words, don't have us fight Wendingo in the same place, or have a Blitzball tournament in Luca against the Goers, that kinda thing.

They could add new areas/towns i guess but storywise it wouldn't make sense since they wouldn't be on route to any aeons, obviously they can't add any more of those otherwise they would have been mentioned it X. Hmm, plus no real antagonist could exist seeing as none were seen in flashbacks or mentioned by auron.
    i think a prequle would be a bad idea, unless done with a different battle system (crisis core?)

A different battle system would be a must. You just can't create a sequel, set in the same world, without changing things up. Personally, I'd take a XII-esque battle system, or like you said, Harkus, a Crisis Core style. Playing as Jecht and Auron, with Braska as their backup healer, requires some real-time action in my book.

jen' jari iv tave sith Darth Revan's Avatar
    Sequel to a sequel to a lacklustre game?

No thanks.

The Code of the Sith
    Nw l kash zo tash antai kash tik sh sot.
    Pro sh sot nu gauti ty k
    Pro ty k nu gauti midwan
    Pro midwan nu gauti pergaleas
    Pro pergaleas nuyak aras svistuis
    Tave qy sik sekleti won nun

Quote Originally Posted by Harkus View Post
    They could add new areas/towns i guess but storywise it wouldn't make sense since they wouldn't be on route to any aeons, obviously they can't add any more of those otherwise they would have been mentioned it X. Hmm, plus no real antagonist could exist seeing as none were seen in flashbacks or mentioned by auron.
    i think a prequle would be a bad idea, unless done with a different battle system (crisis core?)
    Why wouldn't they be en route to any aeons? To make the Final Summoning, (which he did do)Braska would need those aeons so if anything that's the one thing they wouldn't change. I suppose there would be no real antagonist unless they make one up. But just like in FFX, in FFX -(-1)[I kinda liked this name ] their true goal would be defeating Sin. Seymour was just a dude that got in the way. What the party always wanted was to defeat Sin.
    Battle System most definitely needs to be different. Not that the original is bad that is.

Yea, they'd definitely have to visit all the same Aeon temples in order to make the story believable and coherent, but . . . man, I dunno. Those sphere puzzles got tedious after a while though. The Zanarkand one was actually kinda fun though, I thought. A little different from the others. But . . . probably what they could do is change up the layout of the temples and give us some sort of new challenges in them. I've always thought that as long as it's something that minor, it's no biggy to change it up. Long as they keep it fresh, maybe poke a little fun at FFX here and there like Crisis Core did to VII, I'd be fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seigblade View Post
    Anybody left who still wants FFX-3?
    U mad? You want to play more mini-games and side-quests? Because that's what FFX-2 is all about.

I'm not saying that the game is god-awful, but is really mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by C3nt3rcor3 View Post
    Well, geez, when you put it that way . . . Man, I dunno. I'm sure SE would find some way of making it feel a little more.. 'fresh'
    This is why i hate Final Fantasy fans nowadays. They have no taste, Square Enix can give a bone to the fans because it have FINAL FANTASY in it and they accept this; And the cycle goes on and on.

See [Hidden link. Register to see links.] for example...

Oh, and i don't hate Final Fantasy at all. But today is just depressing to see what the series has become thanks to these so called "fans".

What humanity has become. ._.'

I'm not saying that every fan of the series is like this, but man, open your eyes and see in what you waste your money.

jen' jari iv tave sith Darth Revan's Avatar
    Regarding about FF fans today, I agree with you there Yggdrasil_404. The majority of FF fans now, have only come into the series via the PlayStation 2 series of FF games. Or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil_404 View Post
    This is why i hate Final Fantasy fans nowadays. They have no taste, Square Enix can give a bone to the fans because it have FINAL FANTASY in it and they accept this; And the cycle goes on and on.

See [Hidden link. Register to see links.] for example...

Oh, and i don't hate Final Fantasy at all. But today is just depressing to see what the series has become thanks to these so called "fans".

I'm not saying that every fan of the series is like this, but man, open your eyes and see in what you waste your money.
    Well, considering all the stupid blond teenaged twats who have turned modern music to shit, you can only expect the video game industry to suffer the same fate.

Whoever is cosplaying Zack in that photo is god-awful at it!!! Not that the others are ok, but damn he/she just stands out!

The video game industry is all about money these days, not quality. With each passing year I play much fewer good games.

Holy crap, I didn't before out of sheer laziness, but I clicked on Yggdrasil_404's link . . . and that is so damn true it ain't even funny.

Holy crap!!! WTF is that shit?