Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does anybody still wanna have FFX-3?

A Captain Need Not Have a Eyepatch! Agent0042's Avatar
    There are plenty who think that way around here, actually, myself being one of them. Final Fantasy VII has things to like about it, but it's by no means the spectacular game that many make it out to be. Just have a read over some of our archives-- I think you'll find that you're far from alone in your opinion.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] is active -- currently battle is Character Pairings!
    "When prayers turn to promises, not even fate can stand in their way. Wishes can come true. But not if you just wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves. Here and now." - Fang & Vanille
    If you're not reading Goat Pen, you're missing the web's best Final Fantasy fanfiction. ~~ [Hidden link. Register to see links.] ~~ [Hidden link. Register to see links.] - join us and sing!

I think there COULD be an FFX-3, IF they put in the just-right plot, and bring back some old characters. But, don't revive the dead characters (except Tidus). Maybe bring in some more guy (playable) characters. Baralai and Gippal might be a good choice.
    Wanted Soundtracks:

Zero no Tsukaima: Princess no Rondo Drama CD
    ZnT On The Radio - Nangoku ha Issai Mushi!? Anta Tachi Zenin, Bakainu yo! (Japan Version)
    ZnT On The Radio Deluxe - Radio Nanoni Okinawa Roke? Nangoku ni Ittekimashita! - (Japan Version)
    ZnT On The Radio Saishuushou (Japan Version)
    ZnT On The Radio -Nangoku Ni Ike Nai Tte Do. Douiu Koto Nanoyo!-(Japan Version)

professional sun praiser ROKUSHO's Avatar
    as long as rikku is the protagonist in a skimpy orange bikini battling nothing but monsters with a 1000 tentacles and half naked alura unes with teh power to seduce women at will, im ok with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by HDHipHop1 View Post
    A lot of cereal nowadays is just candy dunked in milf.
    many of my posts are paid for by the department of redundancy deparment's payment
    as of recently and for the rest of winter, expect many typos. my hands are freezing during the night
    #gamefaqssupportswomenbeaters

Couldn't understand a word of that, other than "bikini."

I think square enix have done something completely amazing with FFX-2, i mean its literally their greatest accomplishment...........

That was the hook line.

They managed to ruin 3 games in one swoop with FFX-2.
    FFX, FFX-2 and finally FF7.
    Descend, Heartless Angel.

Because Final Fantasy VII was such a pinnacle of achievement...

ah the sarcasm, and yet you cannot deny it wasnt.
    Perfect so-called villian, perfect story, perfect sub story of mako destroying planet, that story was so complex thats why u can get a million sequels and prequels, even if they are poor.
    Still to many plotholes and idiotic people who chose to see the parts of the story they only wanted to see.

FFX-2 is the pinnacle of failure for SE, not once has their been an all male FF, and look what feminism has brought to gaming? the worst RPG of all time, i havent heard anyone say they liked it and the music was awful.

Sephiroth was nowhere near the epitome of a villain compared either Kefka or Kuja. The story wasn't anywhere near perfect-- it was riddled with plotholes. There were a lot of good sidequests, but plenty of other FFs had great sidequests too, particularly IX and X-2 for that matter.

If you haven't heard anyone say that they like X-2, then you just haven't been listening very hard.

i can always make you smile~ Yui's Avatar
    No, I would not like a FFX-3.
    I have mentioned this a long time ago in the forums, but I would like to have a game pre-FFX - Basically, Jecht, Auron, and Braska's story.

FFX-2 was ok, but having FFX-3 would be just too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent0042 View Post
    Sephiroth was nowhere near the epitome of a villain compared either Kefka or Kuja. The story wasn't anywhere near perfect-- it was riddled with plotholes. There were a lot of good sidequests, but plenty of other FFs had great sidequests too, particularly IX and X-2 for that matter.

If you haven't heard anyone say that they like X-2, then you just haven't been listening very hard.
    Kuja??? yeah right, a villian. He just hung around garland to long.
    Kefka, now i must say even tho he was a coward most times before he became a "god", but the fact is, he was one of the first people tested with magicite, and they said it themselves, it made him insane.
    However sephiroth's choice to call meteor was entirely his own.

Still kefka is the 2nd best villian of FF, i dont really count sephiroth because in the end he just wanted to restart everything.

sefiros, please find the shift key on your keyboard and learn how to use it. I mean, apparently you can because I'm seeing some capital letters and yet a lot of the names aren't capitalized.

In any case, I'm bored with this argument, but I don't recommend trying it on anyone else here on the Shrine. Trying to argue VII as the best is a losing proposition around here.

Onion Kid
    I liked both games, but still have no interest in a X-3.
    that's about it. I mean... why more? I'd rather a new NON-ONLINE FF anouncement, lol

Silent Shriner #0
    Trying to argue VII as the best is a losing proposition around here.
    Of course VII isn't the best! EVERYONE knows that VIII is!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Zak View Post
    Personally I'd like to see another game set in the FFVIII universe, prequel or sequel. Hah... better dream on.
    I'm dreaming with you bro!!
    Runnin' Round Strap't!

They DO need another FFVIII. Sequel! But, what would they put in FFX-3? Any unresolved questions?

Well, normally the appeal of a sequel is that people want to see more of what's happening with characters they've grown to know and love. How things are going with Wakka and Lulu's baby? The continued evolution of the Youth League and New Yevon? Final Fantasy X-2 was a format that was much more free-form than Final Fantasy X-- if there were a X-3, I think the ideal might be something even more free-form or unusual.

カイン・ハイウインド is the best! ABeatingBlackWing's Avatar
    I think they should make a prequel if anything about Auron/Jecht/Braska and other things and call it FFX-Zero.
    ^ This

I don't really see how they could expand otherwise when you take all the factors into consideration.

Warrior Princess on the prowl for some Ramen Yu Kiyo's Avatar
    I think they should make a prequel if anything about Auron/Jecht/Braska and other things and call it FFX-Zero.
    Then they should add a girl into it so SOME girls will be ok. If not, I wouldn't buy it.
    And FFX-3? FFX-2 actually pissed me off because it was only 5 Chapters, I was expecting 10 so I could reach Lvl. 70-80. The highest I have gotten is Lvl. 40 before I jump down one of the holes.

X-2 loves its sidequests. If you don't do the sidequests, then yeah, that's probably about the highest level you're going to reach.

Warrior Princess on the prowl for some Ramen Yu Kiyo's Avatar
    Well, I'm restarting. Well, I have a saved file but I'm playing FFX first and then I will move on to that game.

no, thanks. With X-2 was enough
    DUDLEY MAN!!!! GUTTER TRASH!!

Onion Kid
    ffX-3? Really? (I didn't know people were talking about wanting X-3) that's the first time I heard of it. It was great that SE came out with X-2 to conclude the less-than-favorable ending of X. however...I don't see much of a point in creating another in the series.
    A prequel? not necessary--though brief the adventures of Braska and co. were covered in X.

in short, no...I don't think there should be an X-3 release.

This would be like FFVII with S-E trying to prolong a series that's getting stale because the fans want it.

the great eye is ever watchful...

jen' jari iv tave sith Darth Revan's Avatar
    Does anybody still wanna have FFX-3?

It's not just a 'No'... It's a OH HELL NO!

The Code of the Sith
    Nw l kash zo tash antai kash tik sh sot.
    Pro sh sot nu gauti ty k
    Pro ty k nu gauti midwan
    Pro midwan nu gauti pergaleas
    Pro pergaleas nuyak aras svistuis
    Tave qy sik sekleti won nun

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Does anybody still wanna have FFX-3?
    I didn't want FFX-2
    Quexinos