Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the most disapponting game you've ever played?

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Douchebag View Post
    I'll jump on board...

Everquest 2, played that for a half hour and then stopped... can't believe I bought a year subscription before starting it... the trial island was good though...

GoW 2 definitely, story was atrocious and plot-holed, though so was DoW 2, but the story was better in that, oh and GoW 1... well that story was pretty bad as well, too much focus on combat not enough on story, and the combat was lame and repetitive.
    Might want to clarify your anagrams there, buddy. Do you mean GEARS of War, or GOD of War?
    If I ever go on a hopeless quest against the Evil Overlord...

20. If my girlfriend is in clear, imminent danger of becoming the next Sacrificial Virgin, I will at least suggest the obvious, even if it gets me slapped.

27. Unless my name is Jackie Chan, I will not, after disabling three attackers, one with a pistol, one with a machine gun, and one with a stick, pick up the stick.

God of War had a better storyline, though it was indeed more combat than story... in most cases.

I meant Gears of War though.

Shriner
    Metroid Prime Hunters.

If you want it now, don't get it for the story. Because it sucks.

And Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow. When I played that game I never knew what to do after a cutscene. They don't tell you, and there's not
    even at least a hint system! It's just you running around trying to figure out if you're supposed to keep going a certain way. Then the final boss is some guy you can kill in like 10 seconds. God, I hate that game... Good thing I didn't actually buy it.
    The question is... Who doesn't like
    game music?

BEST GAME EVER:
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

let's meow meow
    bazooka cafe
    they are lack of content

Need for Speed Undercover. Christ. I've never been so frustrated with a game before this. The AI is HORRIBLY unbalanced, there's collision detection issues, clipping issues.. I've had it freeze on me several times...

Oh. And the soundtrack sucks.

Knight who says NI!!! the mutant dude's Avatar
    Simon the Sorcerer 3D was horrendous, especially compared to the first two - the controls were aweful, even when I tried using a control pad.
    the mutant dude

"Yo mama so fat, Jabba the Hutt said DAAAAHHMM!" - Robot Chicken: Starwars special

Quote Originally Posted by t0m s3rvo View Post
    Need for Speed Undercover. Christ. I've never been so frustrated with a game before this. The AI is HORRIBLY unbalanced, there's collision detection issues, clipping issues.. I've had it freeze on me several times...

Oh. And the soundtrack sucks.
    Definetely agree with everything you've said and also i'd like to add, the storyline is REALLY weak. no-one has guns except the FBI agent :S
    Descend, Heartless Angel.

Metal Gear Solid 4 - while still a good game, I felt the previous 3 were much better. This one didn't really draw me in as much as the others, and if it wasn't for the return to shadow moses stage I'd have been really let down by it. Plus Old Snake was shit

Quote Originally Posted by marksmall View Post
    Metal Gear Solid 4 - while still a good game, I felt the previous 3 were much better. This one didn't really draw me in as much as the others, and if it wasn't for the return to shadow moses stage I'd have been really let down by it. Plus Old Snake was shit
    Are you completely insane!?
    MGS4 is like the redemption of it all. 1 was the best undeniably. 2 was over faster than a night with 2 virgins, and 3 was just irritating except fighting the end and the joy, it was far to simple to just grab a MK2 a tranq anyone who got close to you, on hardest difficulty i didnt even die once, which is saying alot for an MGS game.
    4 you had the soundtrack, the strategy, the stealth was FINALLY back, the adrenaline, you have the decent boss battles again (even if 2 are complete re-inactments from MGS1) you have the best bit of 3 the bike chase, you get your liquid fight, you get rex vs ray (everyone likes mech battles), you've even got posing for a camera from the bosses if you run away long enough, not to mention if u hold up a frog unit and search her, u get called a perv or they enjoy it lol
    the ONLY bad part about that game is the damn monkey and drebin, especially when he shouts "here they come!" before the raiden fight, ruined the whole atmosphere of coolness, like when you seen gray fox again and then otacon pissed himself ;P

Onion Kid
    I say hexen was the worst I would think that they would include the FPS style from heretic.

Onion Kid
    SSBB and Metroid Prime 3.

Well I've never played a so-called "strategy RPG" but I read so many great reviews about DISGAEA 3 (for the PS3) that I bought it brand new for $49.99 and while I really like the music and the anime style cut-scenes I simply do not like the game play one bit.

Apparently the strategy RPG genre is not for me as I absolutely hate this game LOL
    MAGIC IS ALL AROUND US
    This is the name of my private forum for scores / soundtracks, especially those of Italian and European composers.
    I am happy to invite and welcome all who are interested. Simply send me a PM here on the site if interested.
    Please Note: You must be able to contribute in LOSSLESS quality!
    A Simple Guide For CD Ripping: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Onion Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickrulz View Post
    Myst series - Stay the fuck away from this shit....

Shriner
    I just beat Disgaea 2, it sucks a lot, specially the end. The first one is sooooooo much better.
    Looking forward to playing the 3rd one.

The darkness writhes. execrable gumwrapper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sefiroslionheart View Post
    Are you completely insane!?
    MGS4 is like the redemption of it all. 1 was the best undeniably. 2 was over faster than a night with 2 virgins, and 3 was just irritating except fighting the end and the joy, it was far to simple to just grab a MK2 a tranq anyone who got close to you, on hardest difficulty i didnt even die once, which is saying alot for an MGS game.
    4 you had the soundtrack, the strategy, the stealth was FINALLY back, the adrenaline, you have the decent boss battles again (even if 2 are complete re-inactments from MGS1) you have the best bit of 3 the bike chase, you get your liquid fight, you get rex vs ray (everyone likes mech battles), you've even got posing for a camera from the bosses if you run away long enough, not to mention if u hold up a frog unit and search her, u get called a perv or they enjoy it lol
    the ONLY bad part about that game is the damn monkey and drebin, especially when he shouts "here they come!" before the raiden fight, ruined the whole atmosphere of coolness, like when you seen gray fox again and then otacon pissed himself ;P
    ...Let the guy have his fucking opinion.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

professional sun praiser ROKUSHO's Avatar
    resident evil 2 on the game.com
    i just bought because i prefer to play that over batman and robin on the same system.
    both robin and batman have the same voice and when they are hit they sound like they had an orgasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by HDHipHop1 View Post
    A lot of cereal nowadays is just candy dunked in milf.
    many of my posts are paid for by the department of redundancy deparment's payment
    as of recently and for the rest of winter, expect many typos. my hands are freezing during the night
    #gamefaqssupportswomenbeaters

Only two games I can think of at the moment:

F.E.A.R. - I was expecting this really scary game, but what I got was a mediocore game at best, with not enough action for my tastes.

Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - I've never loved Zelda portable games, so I wasn't expecting much from this game, but I was really annoyed by this game. The controls just threw me off entirely.

Agreed on PH, would have been better to control Link with the pad AND the stylus, or just the pad and input commands with the stylus.

The most dissapointing game(s) I've played have to be every Final Fantasy since 7. I keep going back expecting to enjoy them, and each time I end up thinking "wow, that sucked."
    Ok, on 7 I thought "that was a waste of time" rather than it sucked.

Final Fantasy XII is the biggest pile of steaming cow dung I have ever laid my hands on.

After seeing the ending:
    - Final Fantasy Tactics (there should've been more to it)

Recently picked up Stranglehold on the 360, its just a really bad game...

the worst game i've ever played would have to be E.T. for the atari. it was so terrible i couldnt stand it not even 2 minutes in

Metal Gear Solid 4 was a game? I thought it was an interactive movie.

Oh, and to stay on topic:
    Super Mario RPG. God, how I was disappointed in it.

Opeth rules. You should check them out. poptart fantastico's Avatar
    Deadly Towers for the NES. Jesusfuck that game was horrid...

This is Opeth - the best progressive death metal band EVER.