Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the most disapponting game you've ever played?

Kind of, I believe Tri-Ace developed it. And they should've been shot for it.

On a forgotten page of eternity
    There lies a land embraced by mighty gods.
    Her name... Eorzea.

Quote Originally Posted by noskillbassist View Post
    Ironic, because MGS1 is arguably the best looking PS1 game.

why hello thear

Whilst Vagrant story was VERY good looking, I can't help but think this was better in the graphics dept:

FFVIII was far better graphically, i think it pushed the ps1 to its limits really.
    Descend, Heartless Angel.

Quote Originally Posted by Purrr View Post
    Whilst Vagrant story was VERY good looking, I can't help but think this was better in the graphics dept:

Well, I personally don't categorize them in the same way since one uses pre-rendered backgrounds and the other one is, let's say, "real" 3D. Which is why I compared MGS and Vagrant, but not the FFs >:

In the pre-rendered side, I'd personally go with Final Fantasy IX. After finishing it for the first time, FF8's animation seemed real blocky in comparison. Not sure where I'd fit Chrono Cross, it's been long since I played it...

professional sun praiser ROKUSHO's Avatar
    i too think that 9 has far better graphics (specially the CGI).
    however, were there any other major games that were made completely in 3d? i would include brave fencer musashi but... it was very cartoony
    Quote Originally Posted by HDHipHop1 View Post
    A lot of cereal nowadays is just candy dunked in milf.
    many of my posts are paid for by the department of redundancy deparment's payment
    as of recently and for the rest of winter, expect many typos. my hands are freezing during the night
    #gamefaqssupportswomenbeaters

9!?
    They looked like porcelan dolls, it just looked sooooo soooo bad.
    though thats more character design than graphics, but it still applies.

professional sun praiser ROKUSHO's Avatar
    i'll rather porcelain dolls over stiff, expresionless characters.

Gears of war II
    A man chooses; a slave obeys.-Andrew Ryan

The darkness writhes. execrable gumwrapper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Purrr View Post
    Kind of, I believe Tri-Ace developed it. And they should've been shot for it.
    Tri-Ace generally has shitty games.

WHAT CASSIE?! I SAID IT!

"Will you jump down?" Blacksford's Avatar
    Star Ocean 3.

Laaaame plot. Breeze to complete since you can power up your equipment to Seraphic Gate-level values around mid-game. And the characters are all wimps, bar one. Which is the generic anti-hero, so it also shows originality the middle finger.

jen' jari iv tave sith Darth Revan's Avatar
    Final Fantasy X - A mediocre outing for the FF franchise. Music was so so, same with graphics. The character's and story couldn't hook me in... also, the Blitzball minigame was pathetic.

Final Fantasy X-2 - What did we do to get served this dog's breakfast. Seriously, I can't think of what SE was smoking at the time they thought this up, but considering how the game was... I had to say that whatever it was, it was only the cheap grade grass.

Final Fantasy XII - A Star Wars rip off imo, and a poorly executed one at that. Story was old, and with the character's dancing around like they were... it sunk faster than the Titanic.

The Bouncer - .... What the hell was SE thinking with this piece of monkey excrement? I've had better looking skidmarks in my damn underwear, than this piece of shit. SE trying to redo Double Dragon... and fail... miserably.

Halo 3 - I admit, I enjoyed Halo 2. May not of been everyone's fav of the series, but it was enjoyable. This instalment of the Halo franchise... Bungie... here's some advice : If you want to show how to make a game flatter than Sigourney Weaver's ass, you succeeded. Well done.

Grand Theft Auto IV - Ok... this game initially showed promise... But then after playing for about two minutes or so, getting your fat cousin ringing up all the time, to go and have a bite to eat, get a drink, or go and see 'Big American Titties', WHILE trying to do a mission... fuck that shit. Even worse when you have a girlfriend in the game, and she rings you up to annoy you... often right in the middle of a mission...

There are other games I could list here... but already I have the urge to go and smash myself in the face with a cheese grater due to the piles of crap I've listed above...

The Code of the Sith
    Nw l kash zo tash antai kash tik sh sot.
    Pro sh sot nu gauti ty k
    Pro ty k nu gauti midwan
    Pro midwan nu gauti pergaleas
    Pro pergaleas nuyak aras svistuis
    Tave qy sik sekleti won nun

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Grand Shriner
    sefiroslionheart, you do realize that Akira Toriyama(the guy who CREATED DBZ) is also one of the creators for Dragon Quest? That's why the characters powers(and looks) are so similar to other characters(see also: Chrono Trigger).

But I digress...disappointing games for me have included:

Fire Emblem Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn(part of the fun of the previous games was pairing people up and seeing their special endings at the end...but nnnnoooo...IS thinks it's better that we have a stock storyline! )

Rumble Roses and RRXX(I was disappointed in each for different reasons...RR for limitations, and RRXX for absolutely no story)

Castlevania Bloodlines(the change in weaponry didn't help its relative shortness)

Cyber-Cop(everything an FPS should NOT be!)

Shadowrun(having grown up with the P&P, I didn't feel the SNES one captured the atmosphere, and the Genesis one was INSANELY hard! Those are the only two versions...I repeat, those are the ONLY TWO!)

Any RTS game brought to console(seriously WTF?!? RTS games are not made for consoles, so stop putting them on there!)
    If I ever go on a hopeless quest against the Evil Overlord...

20. If my girlfriend is in clear, imminent danger of becoming the next Sacrificial Virgin, I will at least suggest the obvious, even if it gets me slapped.

27. Unless my name is Jackie Chan, I will not, after disabling three attackers, one with a pistol, one with a machine gun, and one with a stick, pick up the stick.

Myst series - Stay the fuck away from this shit....

Grand Theft Auto IV - A good game, however I enjoyed San Andreas far more, and coming off the heels of that, I felt overall it was a somewhat disappointing game.

Assassins Creed - Great for the first while, however missions soon become redundant and repetitive, didn't live up to the hype it received.

There are others; however these games were the major disappointments.
    Geralt of Rivia: "Power, sex. Sex, Power. They both come down to one thing - fucking others".

That isnt the point, its a huge double standard to allow dragon quest but to ban bid for power. damn i miss that game.

btw xiahou dun, totally agree with everything you said, except the graphics were still damn good in the FMVs for FFX, the story however was linear and obvious. Noone likes a story that involves churches or cults betraying your main character, because in the end, you kind of expect it from the beginning.

HE WOULDN'T ALLOW A FUCKING GAME THAT INFRINGES ON HIS COPYRIGHT YOU DUMBFUCK.

You dumbass! They didn't charge you for it, it was god damn freeware, and its like what DW gundam is, it is actually helping the cause by getting more people playing dbz so theyll wanna watch it, then buy it, etc etc. and worst part was, then bid for power just decided to screw the fusion patches, screw the dbz characters, but keep the basic game as it was and just change the character designs as a big FU to funimation.

Oh man, you're one big idiot. Copyright infringement isn't always due to one making profits with said infringement, that just allows for harsher actions to be taken. How about you actually know what you're talking about before, once again, trying to sound like you do.

Are you insane, i read the copyright, patents and design act, i know all about it. I'm saying that if its aiding you like bid for power was and not taking from your profits like it wasn't then there was no good reasoning for them to ban it.
    Jesus, you think everyone has a lesser I.Q than you, but your the only one who doesn't read between the lines.

IT'S THE UNSANCTIONED DUPLICATION OF COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL YOU DUMBSHIT.

Actually just like weird al, copyright doesnt cover tributes. And if bid for power just admitted they were a parody or tribute to dbz, funimation wouldn't have been able to do a thing, coz the courts aren't gonna take a large company sueing a group of developers seriously for a small addon.

Please excuse my whilst I...

/FACEPALM

With A Shrimp Steak Sauce
    He is correct concerning copyright, though.

Too bad Bid for Power doesn't follow any fair use guidelines.

I'll jump on board...

Everquest 2, played that for a half hour and then stopped... can't believe I bought a year subscription before starting it... the trial island was good though...

GoW 2 definitely, story was atrocious and plot-holed, though so was DoW 2, but the story was better in that, oh and GoW 1... well that story was pretty bad as well, too much focus on combat not enough on story, and the combat was lame and repetitive.