Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the most disapponting game you've ever played?

I guess could understand that a bit better as autosave typically doesn't activate until you change areas.

The darkness writhes. execrable gumwrapper's Avatar
    Being a spellcaster kinda sucks too. The goddamned villagers can kick my ass.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

without a doubt the new alone in the dark damn that game sucked sooooo bad

Shriner
    Warhammer Online

Devil May Cry 2 really disappointed me.
    A sword has no strenght unless the hand that holds it has courage...not really...

Everyone is gifted. Some open the package sooner. Hynad's Avatar
    Alone in the Dark

World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade

Others:

Final Fantasy XII
    Oblivion
    Fable
    Warhammer Online

Super Mario RPG
    Final Fantasy VII
    Megaman Battle Network 4

we people space with phantoms avilslare's Avatar
    Insecticide

Gears of War

professional sun praiser ROKUSHO's Avatar
    turning point, fall of liberty.
    i honestly prefer playing dead or alive xtreme 2 over that.
    Quote Originally Posted by HDHipHop1 View Post
    A lot of cereal nowadays is just candy dunked in milf.
    many of my posts are paid for by the department of redundancy deparment's payment
    as of recently and for the rest of winter, expect many typos. my hands are freezing during the night
    #gamefaqssupportswomenbeaters

You're a sorry shit noob. Renegade-X's Avatar
    Fucking Fantavision (sp)
    Man it with that weird as hell intro
    and the ability to not save where you left off? Wtf is that.
    I mean I can understand how it could have been good but there is no point in saving when all you are saving is a score.
    that would be like playing Metal Gear Solid and saving jsut the kill record or something.

Quote Originally Posted by noskillbassist View Post
    Gears of War
    ~fIrEbAtHeRo~

Final Fantasy 12.
    Any Sonic game after Sonic Heroes.
    Devil May Cry 2.
    Worms: A Space Oddity.

TMNT on psp, I liked the ones on the consoles becaus of the prince of persia style gameplay. The psp one makes you jump from one spot to another until you fight some lame thugs or a boss. After the first mission I had no ambition to play at all.

Also Naruto Ultimate Ninja Heroes caus it had no story mode.

Guild Wars...I read up on it for months thinking it was a true MMORPG, then realized everything was instanced...was a very sad day indeed, although it was good, it wasn't what I was expecting.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Most dissipointing? Well, Ok.

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance- I loved the Baldur's Gate games. I spent large parts of my childhood watching my parents play the Baulder's Gate games together. I don't think I'll ever forget many things about it, things like Minsc and Boo. The day my parents let me play their old copies was a very very wonderful day for me, it was like a coming of age ceremony. I was finally old enough to play the same games as adults! Yes!

Ok, now zoom into the future. Oh wow, a new Baldur's gate game! Wow! Oh wait. It has nothing at all to do with the first games. It's not even truly run off of a DnD system. On top of all that, it's a hack and slash, and not even a fun one at that. Fail.

Someone else had this listed, and they mentioned a BGA2. I did not know about a sequels existence, and I am awestruck that the first one did well enough to warrant a second one.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echos of Time.-
    Right. So I have this friend. Me and this friend don't get to game together much because its an Internet friend, an online friend with different consoles than me. We only share two systems together- A computer, Which we can't game over because, as soon as I uninstalled Linux and installed XP, it takes decades to load a web page on it. Yes, even this one. I'm slowly managing to get rid of a lot of XP junk that's not needed and that's slowing me down, but st- I'm getting off topic.
    Right, so the other console is a Wii. We want to play with each other a lot. So we look around and settle on the game I'm now saying I am disappointed by. The disappointment probably isn't really from the game itself, but you guys didn't specify so whatever.
    We start it up together and for a few days have a grand old time mucking about together, throwing each other at objects we want each other to pick up. (Wii has no Voice Chat). And, since he was horrible at jumping, me leaping into pits and hurling him across to the adjacent platform. Then suddenly he decided to go beat the game by himself while I was busy with school.

He beats the game within like a week.

He now refuses to play it with me.

I briefly tried to play it by myself, but without the fun antics we both got each other into, it instantly became a very very very horrible game. I don't think I'm even 15% through it. I gave up. It's on the bottom of my Wii game pile right now. It's even under Marvel: Ultimate Alliance.

I swear I'm never buying a game to play with this guy again.

Neverwinter Nights 2: I loved the first one. I hated the second one. I won't even go into this any further.

Popolocroise- Everyone told me it was good, Everyone seemed to think that this imported Playstation RPG ported to the PSP was a shining gemstone in a large steaming vat of... uh... not gemstones. I looked up lots of reviews, I got pretty hyped. Sure, it was kiddy, but sometimes that's a good thing to have.

To be fair, it probably was an AMAZING game before it was ported to the PSP. It's pretty, smooth, and is rather fun despite the large childish theme. The thing that ruined this game? Random encounters. To be more specific, the 5 minute loading time you must wait through at the beginning and end of each encounter. Lets do math, Random encounters happen a lot, we'll say that in order to get to the beginning town to the nearest town, you face about five random battles. Since the battles are random, this can be increased or decreased but as I said, they're rather likely to happen. Each will have ten total minutes of loading time.

That's almost an hour of looking at a loading game. I suspect that such loading times were nonexistent in the original version, because if you look at almost any ported game that arrives on the PSP, you'll notice a large load wait.

So with you on baldurs gate, got it as a present, played it once round and just decided it wasnt worth it with the so called "ultimate" character. RETURNED.

b4 i start i know the topic name, but seriously if this list prevents anyone from making same mistakes then id post this a dozen times lol

THPS3, two was clearly amazing, i ruled at 2, it was just that good i dont need to say more, but 3, jesus did it suck and there was an airport level i think, WTF is with that?

FF12, in one word BORING. This game was worse than 9, 9 got good after kuja turned on alexandria, but up till that point it was pointless side quests and if u wanted the greatest weapon, u had to skip em all. 9 ruined the chocobo's appeal too. Back 2 12, main character was poor, romance was clingy and a little weird due to their age, queen was cool and basche was okay, but it was clearly a glorified WoW rip off, really bad choice to let everyone run around with gambits and power level to their hearts content.

Assasins creed, worst stealth game ever, u could only stealth kill the same ways over and over, tenchu had a little variety. but since everyones hung up on its graphics, lets put it another way, FFX, graphically amazing for ps2, however, the story was linear and no room for movement till after return to zanarkand. Graphics are nothing, thats why everyone still loves MGS1.

Theme park world (enough said)
    Dune 2000 (its not C&C red alert)
    dbz goku densetsu (only goes up to cell saga, for Ł30, i at least deserved to hit SSJ4)
    Armored core: Nexus (Its not AC2 or AC2: AA)
    Dragonquest (Dear god, i do not wanna slap around slimes for 100 hours, even if the limit system was cool but im suprised funimation didnt sue em for clearly ripping of a super saiya-jin, like trance kuja (Square enix get away with so much) )
    Enter the Matrix (we all know sword and the hacking the new level open is the only good part of that game, and thats IT. well perhaps hearing the snapping of peoples necks)
    Mortal Kombat Deception (Story mode was cool but poorly executed, redeemed with shoalin monks and armageddons story mode, but still such a poor game)
    Yugi-oh Capsule monsters (i like duelist of the roses, but im playing yugi-oh, not ****ing chess, he wanted it to be as popular as chess, not a chess rip off.)
    Kingdom hearts (Sorry i like it till pirates of the carribean comes into it or FF cameos where sora kicks most FF characters asses. HES GOT A GIANT KEY! it may as well be a baseball bat vs sephiroth or cloud. It maybe a kids game but dont drag down perfectly good characters please)
    FF dirge of cerberus (good concept poorly executed, this game wouldve been far better in a devil may cry format, though it did slightly remind me of DMC and i dunno why?????)
    FF crisis core (Two words, Plot holes. not to mention, in the anime sephiroth let go of the damn sword when cloud lifted him, just like anyone would. but this isnt a spot the difference in FF7 topic so....everything else i loved)
    Sonic heroes (Holy jesus as much as i loved super sonic in 3d, it just wasnt worth the playtime or the money, it really really wasnt.)
    Pokemon (Anyone one of them after diamond, is NOT worth playing, just trust me. The damn legendary pokemon got to strong for there own good and ruined the later games especially those online ones on the Wii and not bringing up planting flowers for cuteness berries or whatever, im battling with my pokemon, not taking it out on a date.)
    Any game with yugi oh GX (Sorry but to many card effects, ruins the game, especially most of jaidens cards like the neo spacian mole >_< give me blue eyes and dark paladin any day.)
    FFX-2 (We were all disappointed, it was so feminist, FACT, their has been no all male FFs (even if u were to try FF1) and i wouldnt want their to be, yaoi fanboys and girls would have a field day. More than the fun they have with sephiroth and cloud -_-')
    Drakengard (Dynasty warriors will always be the best game in that genre and it was poor, even dragon flying)
    Counter strike (When you had to start paying for it, otherwise i loved everything about that, most of the reason i had to catch up in college at 16)
    Little Devil (CDi) (Was never re-released for PC and havent been able to find an emulator that worked for CDi)
    Sonic mega collection (ps2 right?) (Why play it when theirs a million emulators for mega drive, even megadriver have MAME for arcade version of goldenaxe)
    Any XBOX game that isnt Halo and on that note Halo wars, for not being Halo lol
    Lost in blue 1 (completed it within first day of playing it, 8 hours i think, maybe less)
    Guitar hero 3 online (everyone chooses through the fire and flames lol)
    Soul Calibur 4 (Maxi is the best character, but this game just irritated me, especially all the star wars fan boys and the ultimate character being so poor, even cervantes in soul edge was harder)
    Sonic CD (worst sonic ever, even worse than heroes, thank god for sonic 3d on the mega drive)
    Streets of rage 3 (Just wasnt 1 or 2, it just didnt work)
    Xenosaga part 2 (Coz iv never seen part 3 or part 1 out in any game stores -_-')
    Ms Pacman (The drive for equality started here people, seriously wtf? Ms pacman will never get a husband if she keeps eating so many of those cherries :P)

i can name so many more. however, its funnier if i say it at random times.
    Descend, Heartless Angel.

Hey Suikoden 4 was a lovely game, and Final Fantasy XII wasn't that bad, if anything it topped Final Fantasy X solely for it's HUGE sidequests and secret boss battles, i have played that game for over 127hrs before i done everythig XD though i'm not saying it was better then FFX, FFX was great but they're different games, both which was amazing

The game that really bothered me was Magna Carta: Tears of Blood, it was so restrictive and the whole world it was set in was kinda bland, i've completed it but it just didnt connect with me, storytelling was so so. a weak game, most of you might not agree with me, which is cool but i had nothing but a terrible experience

Quote Originally Posted by rant17 View Post
    Hey Suikoden 4 was a lovely game, and Final Fantasy XII wasn't that bad, if anything it topped Final Fantasy X solely for it's HUGE sidequests and secret boss battles, i have played that game for over 127hrs before i done everythig XD though i'm not saying it was better then FFX, FFX was great but they're different games, both which was amazing

The game that really bothered me was Magna Carta: Tears of Blood, it was so restrictive and the whole world it was set in was kinda bland, i've completed it but it just didnt connect with me, storytelling was so so. a weak game, most of you might not agree with me, which is cool but i had nothing but a terrible experience
    The only truly best part of FF12, was the headhunter things, that i admit was a very damn good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by rant17 View Post
    The best thing about that game was the art direction. The story is a standard fare, the graphics ok, but the fighting imo much too complex especially for the encounter rate. I felt like every battle took forever perhaps because I paid attention to and tried to follow the lengthy list of rulesets. I hope Magna Carta 2 improves the experience.

Kingdom Hearts might not be the worst game ever, but it was a pretty big disappoinment to me, and I wasn't even confident in first place... I wasn't really caring for the story before starting the game, and expected an Action RPG with a deep battle system that involved some skill. Got the exact opposite.

Zelda: Twilight Princess might rank here as well. I wasn't even that much interested in it (unlike the MASSIVE HYPE most Zelda fans made) despite enjoying the series a lot, but the game still fell short to me. Too long, bland, easy. It's such a shame, since the game exceeded in so many ways, but that just didn't make it less boring to play.

Graphics are nothing, thats why everyone still loves MGS1.
    Ironic, because MGS1 is arguably the best looking PS1 game.

And people are crying for a remake with MGS4 graphics.

I'm loathing Infinite Undiscovery atm, it plays like a piece of shit, looks like a piece of shit and is as uninteresting as a piece of shit.

I would've called it Infant's Underpants just so it'd sell well to pedos~

On a forgotten page of eternity
    There lies a land embraced by mighty gods.
    Her name... Eorzea.

Is that a squeenix fetus?