Page 1 of 57 12345671151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Final Fantasy X Rumble! (reborn again)

The Official Final Fantasy X Rumble! (reborn again)

Okay, let's roll.

You all know the general rules by now I hope, make sure to bold your votes, rounds will take between 2-4 days maximum, and the rest will depend on whatever the topic will be! But once again, I will start by letting you guys vote on the topic, from my list of ideas. There aren't that many ideas with FFX, but I've included a few non-basic ones, some of which I'd have no choice but to ask for nominations.

-Bosses
    -Monsters
    -Monster SPECIES (like for X-2, I said there are so many of them already since it would make more sense than to have, say Behemoth and Behemoth King both in it, like each item will be a species like Behemoths, Lizards, Insects, Elementals, etc.)
    -Arena Creations. I consider them to be on a very different level than bosses, and a completely different class.
    -Music. FFX has a pretty awesome soundtrack. Of course I'd let you nominate.
    -Skills. As in, abilities from the sphere grid. Probably not all of them though, would be a little awkward to include Fire, Fira, and Firaga. Maybe I'd let you nominate if I do that.
    -Weapon/Armor TRAITS. Like, "Poisonstrike", "SOS Overdrive", etc.
    -Characters (Including PCs, there are only 7)
    -Locations
    -Overdrive Modes... would that work?

Here are a few other ideas that might seem like a stretch, I might not want to do them just yet, but if you guys insist:

-Items. I'd be forced to let you guys nominate, though. It's just cause FFX has a lot of weird items that appear under the same menu as potions and Phoenix Down's, everything from in battle items, to spheres for the grid, to mix items, and maybe throw in a few key items.

-Blitzball players. Not necessarily based on how good they are in Blitzball, but also their personality as an NPC depending on what they say. Of course this would take a hell of a time cause I'd have to look up who exactly they are and what they say, but of course I'd tell you. It might take too long and be out of the question though, since most of you probably don't know them all by heart enough to nominate them I might just use all of them and look up details on each one.

-Overdrive skills. I don't know if I'd include them all, probably just randomly select them myself or have you guys make nominations. This would consist of some of Kimahri's Blue Magic skills, some of Rikku's 50something Mix results, some of the four overdrives that Tidus, Wakka, and Auron each have, some random Black Magic skills with "Fury" at the end (Death Fury, Demi Fury...) and Grand Summon would be independant (It wouldn't be like Fury like "Grand Summon Shiva", "Grand Summon Ifrit", cause that would be weird. Just Grand Summon, but multiple Furies). Yeah, I probably would not use every single one because there would be an extreme edge on Rikku. Gonna let you guys nominate if this happens.

-Weapons/Armor... well, they're kind of weird in this game, every character has the same amount of weapons and armor (Tidus's Brotherhood is an extra exception) based on the possible customizeable traits is what determines their name. It might not work... they're all the same, with different random creative names. If I ever do anything with weapons or armor, I'd have to do something special like restrict it to ones you pick up certain places, but that might be unfair. Or maybe just give you a whole list of all 500some of them (you'd be surprised at how many unheard of weird ones you'll see) and have you simply nominate based on names or ones you already know, hell unless you've studied a FAQ or have the guide and look at it a lot there are probably gonna be a lot of weird sounding names that you never heard of. And when the battles happen, of course I'd give details one what they actually are. I prefer the latter option of the two, but I'd kinda rather stay away from this topic altogether.

-If you guys think of something, feel free to suggest!

I'd prefer one of the above to start... preferrably not Bosses since that's what I'm doing in X-2 right now, but hopefully later... and either way I'll let you guys decide.

A weapon of righteousness Ngrplz's Avatar
    I vote for either Characters or Music.

But I'm down with whatever is chosen.

I'm just glad to see a FFX rumble without all the crap that the other one had

Good work Zak

~Forever known as Purrr~

While we're at it I'll vote myself to do music. Has that been done for X before? I actually can imagine a certain one winning but I won't say which (but I will say it's not Suteki Da Ne I'm thinking of).

I think Weapon/Armor TRAITS would be really neat but I am down for anything

A Captain Need Not Have a Eyepatch! Agent0042's Avatar
    I think music has been done for just about all of these before, if you dig deep enough. Most of them have been through various permutations and past incarnations, etc. Zak, as the new manager, you'll probably want to look back through the section and at least briefly familiarize yourself with the past editions.[

Weapon/Armor TRAITS -- yeah, that could be cool. I'll vote for that.

I don't want to see music right now, only because it seems to be cropping up in so many others right now.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] is active -- currently battle is Character Pairings!
    "When prayers turn to promises, not even fate can stand in their way. Wishes can come true. But not if you just wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves. Here and now." - Fang & Vanille
    If you're not reading Goat Pen, you're missing the web's best Final Fantasy fanfiction. ~~ [Hidden link. Register to see links.] ~~ [Hidden link. Register to see links.] - join us and sing!

Bah, I don't mind what the topic is, I'd vote for pretty much anything.

Sig too big

I actually liked the Quotes we had in the previous rumble, but anyway.

Overdrive Modes or Music for me.

On the lookout for terrorists and liberals. Ceidwad's Avatar
    Ideally Blitzers for me, but I know no-one except maybe myself and Kneg will want to do that. If, as I suspect, that gets little support, I'd also be interested in Overdrive Modes.

Weapon/Armor TRAITS

And I'm also interested in Skills

So far we have:

Characters - 1
    Music - 3
    Weapon/Armor Traits - 3
    Overdrive Modes - 2
    Blitzers - 1
    Skills - 1

It'll be WA traits or Music... I'll let the next person decide.

Sorry guys to double post... but anyway, I just did a bit of archive searching through the forum and the archives and looked up what's been done before, as Agent said.

Found three different Rumble threads, and... well, for FFX, music actually was the first thing done in the oldest rumble I could find back in 2004 and that's it. There was one even older that lasted two pages, but I wouldn't count it. But I think this one used less tracks than I plan to use. But at least this'll take shorter. Or about the same if I use 64 songs and wait a couple days between each battle.

Hope no one minds, but I think that's what I'm doing. I'll do WA traits next, this'll be at least easier to start and warm up with. The only other rumble doing music right now is VII... but you guys make nominations.

The soundtrack has 91 songs, I think I'll use 64 of them. Or 32, depending on how many get nominated, but I'd prefer 64. But don't worry, the rounds will be as short as my X-2 ones. You may nominate AS MANY as you want.

A couple notes though:

-I'm only gonna be using three Hymn of the Fayth tracks MAXIMUM if any at all. This includes "Warping to a Different Dimension".

-Refer to the tracks by their OST names and not their Music Sphere names. Like for instance "Hopeless Desire" is a song on the OST which in the Music Sphere is called "Out of the Frying Pan", and there are others like that... but I'd prefer calling it "Hopeless Desire" and same with other such tracks, use the OST name.

I'll also be making my own nominations.

For reference, here's a list of tracks.. hope there's no rule against linking here:

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Rikku's Theme
    Yuna's Theme
    Challenge
    To Zanarkand
    To the End of the Abyss
    Blitzball Gamblers
    The Splendid Performance
    Suteki da Ne
    Main Theme
    Macalania Woods/Forest
    I Can Fly
    Auron's Theme
    Jecht's Theme
    The Sending
    Sands of Sanubia (Bikanel Desert)
    Tidus's Theme
    Decision on the Dock
    Besaid Island
    A Contest of Aeons (Summoned Beast Battle)
    Prelude
    The Truth Revealed
    Welcoming of the Elder Sage Mika

What Agent said...

[01:45] < NeigHeil > Hawkeye speak. or what I just said in the thread makes me look stupid
    [01:45] * Hawkeye_1138 has quit (Connection reset by peer)
    [01:46] < NeigHeil > god fucking dammit
    The [Hidden link. Register to see links.] is active again(aka come by and put in your two cents)...current edition: Best weapons, armors, and accessories...

What Agent said, but adding "Blitz Off"

I'll add my own in a bit, but what are "The Sending" and "Decision on the Dock"?

Is the sending "Warping to a Different Dimension"?

Sorry, Zak, I was going by the titles I have listed, which may not all match the ones on that link you posted (which is why I tried to post alternate titles where possible. "The Sending" is, I believe, the piece that plays when Yuna dances the sending in Luca. I suppose it's just another version of the Hymn of the Fayth. "Decision on the Dock" is the name given in the album insert for track 1.16 on the International Version soundtrack album, which I own. I'm pretty sure it's the music that plays during the time when you're running around in Luca after it's revealed that Yuna has been kidnapped. I'll try to see if I can make a title match from that list later -- no time right now.

I'd also like to add Ending Theme, I Can Fly and The Summoning.

Otherworld
    Seymour Battle

A weapon of righteousness Ngrplz's Avatar
    oooh and you can't forget the Via Purifico music. That is the most beautiful piece in the entire game!

Okay, "Decision on the Dock" is the same one as "Inflexible Determination."

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] -- this here has good title references. That [Hidden link. Register to see links.] is using some of the alternate spellings you often see, such as "Joze Temple" and "Makalayna Forest."

Quote Originally Posted by Ngrplz View Post
    oooh and you can't forget the Via Purifico music. That is the most beautiful piece in the entire game!
    "Path of Repentance" it's called.

Ah, Inflexible Determination I would have never guessed considering the million places it's played.

BTW Agent, just making sure, you know "Macalania Forest" isn't actually played in most of the forest for some reason? (Just saying in case you meant a different track)

About to list what we have so far and make the nominations, but I just noticed another I didn't recognize, Agent, what's "Main Theme"? Tidus's Theme? Or Something else? (My guess is based on the fact that in FF7 "Main Theme" is the same as "Cloud's Theme".)
    BTW I forgot to mention, "The Sending" you're thinking of in Kilika is called "Warping to a Different Dimension".

EDIT: I guess Main Theme can't be Tidus' Theme since you mentioned it in that same post... so what is it?

Okay, so far we have:

To Zanarkand
    Prelude
    Tidus' Theme
    Otherworld
    Blitzball Gamblers
    Besaid Island
    Summoned
    Yuna's Theme
    Warping to a Different Dimension
    Welcome Elder Sage Mika
    Inflexible Determination
    A Splendid Performance
    Blitz Off
    Auron's Theme
    Rikku's Theme
    Jecht's Theme
    Macalania Forest
    Scorching Desert
    Revealed Truth
    I Can Fly
    Path of Repentance
    Suteki Da Ne
    Challenge
    To the End of the Abyss
    Seymour Battle
    Summoned Beast Battle
    Ending Theme

Besides what's already been said, I'd like to add these:

Hurry
    Normal Battle
    Hopeless Desire
    Underground Activities
    Sight of Spira
    Between Ordeals (Cloister of Trials)
    Sprouting
    Silence Before the Storm
    Mi'hen Highway
    Brass de Chocobo
    Traveling Company
    Seymour's Theme
    Shoopuf Riding
    Thunder Plains
    Seymour's Ambition
    Those Who Come Closer
    Crisis
    Attack
    Time of Judgement
    Yuna's Determination
    Lulu's Theme
    Brave Advancement
    People of the North Pole
    Someday the Dream Will End
    Decisive Battle

That's 52 so far... need 12 more.

I'll randomly choose them myself if they aren't nominated in the next 2 days.

"Main Theme" is "Final Fantasy" -- it's the same tune you normally hear during the credits of most Final Fantasies -- example, in Final Fantasy IX, it immediately follows "Melodies of Life." On FFX, it's considered a bonus track because it isn't actually used in the game. At least, I think it is, but I can't find it anywhere on either of those lists, though I do have a copy of it. You can scrap it as a nomination if you want. In fact, that would probably be best.

I can't think of any I would nominate that haven't already been said except "Please Remember."

Quote Originally Posted by Agent0042 View Post
    "Main Theme" is "Final Fantasy" -- it's the same tune you normally hear during the credits of most Final Fantasies -- example, in Final Fantasy IX, it immediately follows "Melodies of Life." On FFX, it's considered a bonus track because it isn't actually used in the game. At least, I think it is, but I can't find it anywhere on either of those lists, though I do have a copy of it. You can scrap it as a nomination if you want. In fact, that would probably be best.

I can't think of any I would nominate that haven't already been said except "Please Remember."

The Credits plays the orchestrated version of Suteki Da Ne. Check on Youtube...

And alright, I'll add "Please Remember"... isn't that a quote though? I mean, nothing wrong with that, so is "I Want to Tell You Everything", just making sure.

No, I know the credits plays orchestrated Suteki da Ne, I said that "Main Theme" / "Final Fantasy" is the tune here during the credits of most FFs, but not this one.

And alright, I'll add "Please Remember"... isn't that a quote though? I mean, nothing wrong with that, so is "I Want to Tell You Everything", just making sure.
    Sorry, scrap that one too, if you want. I thought it was something it wasn't.

I can come up with twelve more if we want to get things moving. Or rather, 13 more, since "Main Theme" is now out.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent0042 View Post
    No, I know the credits plays orchestrated Suteki da Ne, I said that "Main Theme" / "Final Fantasy" is the tune here during the credits of most FFs, but not this one.

Sorry, scrap that one too, if you want. I thought it was something it wasn't.

I can come up with twelve more if we want to get things moving. Or rather, 13 more, since "Main Theme" is now out.
    12 more. I didn't count "Main Theme". But sure, why not, go for it. I doubt those that haven't gotten a chance wouldn't care since we probably said what most would have said.

EDIT: I think I'll add "Song of Prayer" for the sake of having at least one Hymn track and have it represent the hymn besides "Warping to a Different Dimension" since that one has unique parts. But try avoiding the aeon ones. Maybe include the "Spira" one, but that's it. So, 11 or 10 more.

Maybe I will include "Please Remember" or "I Would Like to Say Everything" just as a gag, or even "Fog Sea". But I won't count any of them yet. I'd rather leave it up to someone other than myself for now.