Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Didn't Receive Activation E-mail.

Wu Loo

Didn't Receive Activation E-mail.

For anyone who didn't receive their activation e-mail, the easiest solution is to change your e-mail address in settings.

That should spark the mail server back to life and resend the e-mail.

If they did not get the Email then they will not be able to see that link.
    It is the User CP for anyone looking at this like I was once.

Also if you only have one Email, then just change your real Email to a fake one. Then change it back to your real one. you should get it after that.

J. Peterman
    Coconut Milk you are a true pal!

Pimp Daddy McSnake
    Garamond you are a true pal!

Onion Kid
    phew luckily i got it

Grand Shriner
    Picard, your advice helped immensely. I don't know why I didn't notice it before.

Quote Originally Posted by NotSpecial View Post
    Picard, your advice helped immensely. I don't know why I didn't notice it before.
    Picard! Saviour of the weak! feeder of the poor!

Flying in his his ship so high, way over the sky!
    Holy flailing magikarp!? Klingons!!!! Start the fight music >:0 !!!

DA DAA DA DA DA DA DAAA DA DA DAAA DA! WWEEEEEEEEEHHHH!

Shriner

Activation

Ive been reading about people getting a page cannot be displayed error when clicking on the activation link in the email.

is there something going on?

To those who still can't receive it:

Try a different email address altogether.
    For some reason, Comcast's email will not accept it.

Gmail does, though.

If anyone else is registering and they get the email, just post what email service you had when you got it. This way people, like myself a few minutes before, don't start to fret when they need something like sound packs and can't get them.

So far:
    Comcast: doesn't work. (They are using a new type of email service)
    Gmail: Works.

X___X I tried 4 emailaccounts now.... finally I got the email

gmx and web.de both won't work? perhaps because these are german emailservices?

I used yahoo now

Registered User Mithloraite Koumori's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rychu View Post
    So far:
    great hint ^__^ I figured changing e-mail might send it again... but only here I saw the true wisdom about Good and Working gmail ^__^
    Y u m e T s u k a i no N y u u of A w e

Onion Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Rychu View Post
    Try a different email address altogether.
    For some reason, Comcast's email will not accept it.

Gmail does, though.

If anyone else is registering and they get the email, just post what email service you had when you got it. This way people, like myself a few minutes before, don't start to fret when they need something like sound packs and can't get them.

So far:
    ah, thanks for that. Now I can FINALLY download some stuff from here.

Shriner
    thats what im trying to do but i don't remember my password im trying to change my e-mail address to my other e-maile

is there a way where only my e-mail gets changed without using my password to continue

Quote Originally Posted by babycanread View Post
    I received.
    Good? lol.

Shriner
    so far i haven't recieved an e-mail activation to change my password
    and i need one to send my current ne if im going to change my e-mail address X.X

I changed my email address, as suggested, to a Hotmail one, since this forum wouldn't take my Sympatico one (I live in Quebec, Canada). For the Sympatico account, which is my main email account, I use Outlook Express. I have never had a problem receiving a confirmation email with this address, and I have no Junk Mail folder, so I don't understand what could be going on. In Hotmail, I did receive it in my Junk Mail folder. I have the activation email, so I entered the activation code in the forum. Then, I tried changing my email address back to my main one, but the forum wouldn't acknowledge me as logged in (even though I was) since I again did not receive the email change confirmation email. However, I would like to have my main address registered with this forum. I was wondering if someone could send me an email change confirmation email manually.

Onion Kid
    I have the following problem: I forgot my password, so I used the 'forgot-password'-function and typed in the email adress from my profile(correctly, as I checked several times). I tried it several times, but more than 24 hours later I still haven't receive a mail from this forum. This is a new account, which was no problem to register(the activation mail came half an hour later). But I would like to get my old account back. Shall I wait longer or contact one of the admins?

Because of this problem, people aren't getting emails about their subscriptions. I'd imagine it's also preventing you from getting an activation email.

VGM Rumble - Currently 7TH GENERATION soundtracks
    VGM Annual Final Fantasy Rumble
    VGM Recommendations
    VGM Trivia
    VGM A-Z
    VGM Canon

Onion Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurgolden View Post
    Because of this problem, people aren't getting emails about their subscriptions. I'd imagine it's also preventing you from getting an activation email.
    Hi arthurgolden,

you already know me under the nickname 'Rahir'. We we're in the VG jeopardy on AOL. I guess it's again this weekend? The problem is, I can't check my messages in the moment. The only hope is that I remember my f*cking password...

Haha. Hey, man. I didn't know it was you.

I haven't heard from Chaz with specifics, but as far as I know we're still supposed to play on Saturday. No time has been set yet, though. I'll tell Chaz to PM both "Rahir" and "AngryNerd," and if that doesn't get to you we can talk through visitor messages on our profile pages.

Onion Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurgolden View Post
    Haha. Hey, man. I didn't know it was you.

I haven't heard from Chaz with specifics, but as far as I know we're still supposed to play on Saturday. No time has been set yet, though. I'll tell Chaz to PM both "Rahir" and "AngryNerd," and if that doesn't get to you we can talk through visitor messages on our profile pages.
    Yeah, I'm kind of incognito through the circumstances... But yes, that's a good idea. This or the other way, we will hear from each other.

Yay, I finally got activated! This site is awesome, thanks to the makers of this cool site

For anyone with trouble getting the Email. just create a Gmail account. That gets the email through. i know myspace and Windows emails dont get it. Soooo yup

Bs at myself. i just Necro posted. im sowwy. didnt noticed how old it was. but i just felt that since my email wasnt coming thru. Gmail Gets it.

Finally! Got it to work! Thanks!

Thanks for solution.
    Gmail WORKS correctly!